22 replies to this topic

#1 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:15 AM

*before reading, this is just a basic build, and do not have to follow it exactly, skills are done to your own preference what best fits you in your game play style*

Archers are Deadly at long range fighting, Archers are masters of the bow and arrow. Specializing in one of the most difficult weapons to wield, Archers utilize bows to deal heavy damage from long distances and can unleash quivers of arrows on unsuspecting targets. Their proficiency in run-and-hit tactics allows them to use guerrilla ambushes and lightning-quick take downs. With sharp reflexes and intuitive combat senses, Archers can be depended on to defend allies from any position on the battlefield.

Table of Contents
1. Pro & Cons
2.Archer Guide/Build
3. Hunter Guide/Build
4. Pathfinder/ Build
5. 4th Class Coming Soon
6. Skill Analysis

Pros & Cons

Pros
1. Damange Dealers (DD): Archers are damage dealers when it comes to PVE
2. Easy to Level: they may not be easy to lvl as mages but my personal opinion if you play your cards right leveling with an archer can go by smoothly
3. Ranged: Being ranged doesn't mean much in pvp but when it comes to mission map bosses ranged makes a huge difference

Cons
1. Low Defense you wont really notice this when you reach higher lvls bu from lvl 1-20 your going to see your going to see yourself taking a lot of damage.

Archer Skill Build- (Recommended Build)

Rising Arrow â?? 1/5 or 3/5 some people max this skill, depends on your preference, its preferred to leave at one, you wonâ??t use this skill as much when you become a pathfinder but itâ??s very useful to have.

Shoot Down- 1/1 this skill may not be as useful as others but it comes in handy when a lot of mobs are around you.

Anti Air Shot (AAS
)- 5/5 this will be your main skill from archer to pathfinder, this skill equals instant death if you have a decent graphics card so youâ??ll get full potential

Multishot 5/5 or 0/5 this depends on your preference this will be the only high damage skill you have against bosses until lvl 27

Other Skills

*note these are not recommended skills to have but they are very useful to have when it comes to pvp

Relaunch- Make sure the enemy falls predictably; either by slowly dropping him to the floor, or by immediately interrupting his aerial-recover. Then as he touches the ground, right before he starts to roll away, use any launch skill that hits fallen

Edited by ixhikaru, 24 August 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#2 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

A superior class of Archer, Hunter is the most representing job which can be practiced with bow. They are very good at tracking animals' trace and using traps. They are experts in using bows who can shoot their target from any angle. Hunters can double their power by summoning animals they captured by training the animals. They have been receiving respect for their strong bodies and amazing bow skills. Upon the crisis of the world, Hunters volunteered to join the army. They have upgraded their marksman through cross-firing skill, and marched forward over countless victories in battle.

Hunter Build

Bird Watching- 5/5 great skill to have to increase your damange

Hallucination- 5/5 or 0/5 now this skill is very important in pvp and sometimes in pve it increases your evade rate so you will be hit less , I recommend to max it

Arrow Shower- 3/5 or 5/5 a decent aoe skill to have some people donâ??t recognize this but when a player or mob is being hit with this attack they are stunned for a short amount a time.

Rocket launch 1/5 or 3/5 or 5/5- this skill was useless to me when I became a pathfinder but

Wolf Rush - 5/5 Max this skill as soon as possible, does a decent amount ofdamange also launches people or mobs in the air.

Other Useful Skills

*note these are not recommended skills to have but they are very useful to have when it comes to pvp

Net Bind- stop characters movement for a short amount of time, also blocks some skills from being used

Edited by ixhikaru, 24 August 2010 - 05:39 AM.

#3 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:17 AM

Pathfinder Skill Build

Pierce: 1/5 this skill is not very useful in my personal opinion but its your choice to max it or not keep at 1 to unlock the next skill

Aiming: 5/5 This is a very useful skill for both pve and pvp increases your aim rate, so you can hit more successfully the cool down at max is the same as long as you can use the skill so this skill can repeatedly stay on.

Falcon Frenzy- 5/5 a great AOE skill to have in pvp and pve when you are bombarded by mobs or a lot of people.

Blitz- 5/5 Does a decent amount of damange also launches the enemy in the air

Falconly Mastery- 5/5 increases damage of all falcon skill

Traps

Note: These skills can be very effective maxed or not I can not tell you the amount of points to put in these because a lot of players raise these skills to their own preference

Claymore- instant bomb that explodes towards from bomb detonates after 10 seconds

Bounce Trap- Launches 3 enemies in the air, blocks dashing and jumping (this is the only trap that is 1/1)

Splash Trap- explodes and damages 2 or more targets when stepped on (this skill has a small launch have to be quick if you want to us aas

Freezing Trap- This skill freezes a enemy for a short period of time
Silence trap- cast silence effect on 3 or more targets 70% chance, this increases when skill is raised

Edited by ixhikaru, 24 August 2010 - 05:45 AM.

#4 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:18 AM

4th class coming soon

Edited by ixhikaru, 24 August 2010 - 05:00 AM.

#5 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:18 AM

reserved

Edited by ixhikaru, 24 August 2010 - 12:29 PM.

#6 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

Relaunch isn't terribly useful as a PF. AAS can be left at ~3 if there's not enough skill points, as the damage difference isn't too noticeable. Arrow shower only needs to be at level 2 for PvP, and shouldn't be used too much since most decent PvPers are able to cancel the ministun easily. Netbind should be 5/5 for sure, even 10/10. Claymores are useless, Splash traps can help/hurt your chances of winning, and Freeze, Silence are 5/5 traps for sure. You're also missing weakness detection, which is an important passive to max.

Oh and I don't know what you're talking about with the low defense stuff, but PFs have highest defense after warriors, and have highest base health after warriors.

Edited by Kazra, 24 August 2010 - 12:11 PM.

#7 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

Relaunch isn't terribly useful as a PF. AAS can be left at ~3 if there's not enough skill points, as the damage difference isn't too noticeable. Arrow shower only needs to be at level 2 for PvP, and shouldn't be used too much since most decent PvPers are able to cancel the ministun easily. Netbind should be 5/5 for sure, even 10/10. Claymores are useless, Splash traps can help/hurt your chances of winning, and Freeze, Silence are 5/5 traps for sure. You're also missing weakness detection, which is an important passive to max.

Oh and I don't know what you're talking about with the low defense stuff, but PFs have highest defense after warriors, and have highest base health after warriors.

let me clraify you when you first start off the game as an archer you dont have high def and your probably right about arrow shower but again this is not just a pvp build and some people put it to 3 or 5 and i've seen a lot of decent pvpers use claymore here and on iah but again its people preference when it comes to traps. Also this is just a basic build not a expert pve or pvp and again people play with there own preference a variety of different builds can be used for all characters and be useful to pvp.

@Yurai no i didnt see that i probably wasn't paying attention to that when i saw it, i can take it off its no big deal

Edited by ixhikaru, 24 August 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#8 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

and i've seen a lot of decent pvpers use claymore here and on iah but again its people preference when it comes to traps.

Yeah, Claymores win games!

Edited by to0n, 24 August 2010 - 03:40 PM.

#9 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

DITTO!

I say they remove such an insanely over-powered skill, it's more imba than a paladin's cross cut.

#10 JoeDizzle

JoeDizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationPonyville, Equestria
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:The only one?

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Idk I think that book that hunters get is pretty darn OP! :lol:

#11 Kaza

Kaza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

I was thinking for a second....freeze trap catch,web,claymore spam??? Hmm would that word out....

#12 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

1. Damange Dealers (DD): Archers are damage dealers when it comes to PVE

I -guess- so. But really, the first 20 levels and ridiculously easy for every class but thief.

Arrow Shower- 3/5 or 5/5 a decent aoe skill to have some people donâ??t recognize this but when a player or mob is being hit with this attack they are stunned for a short amount a time.

Hifu is right here. 2/5 and people can escape the stun easily.

Freezing Trap- This skill freezes a enemy for a short period of time
Silence trap- cast silence effect on 3 or more targets 70% chance, this increases when skill is raised

Max please >.>

#13 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:03 PM

I -guess- so. But really, the first 20 levels and ridiculously easy for every class but thief.

Hifu is right here. 2/5 and people can escape the stun easily.

Max please >.>

Some people max arrow shower for pve purposes and some don't max there traps. I max my traps and pvped against quite a few people who didn't and they pretty much worked the same way. It all depends on the players style of game play

#14 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

Cons
1. Low Defense you wont really notice this when you reach higher lvls bu from lvl 1-20 your going to see your going to see yourself taking a lot of damage.

Don't know if this has been brought up, however you have a repeat clause.

I didn't read the rest of the post, because it seemed to lack depth. No offense.

#15 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

i don't see a guide that helps with pve/pvp i just see a list of recommended skills :p_omg:
i want to be pro at pvp!

#16 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

I can't wait for his insights on the 4th job.

#17 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

To all who have problems with this little guide, first off this is just a game so I am not going to argue to get my point across second this guide is not meant for you to be pro or whatever. This is just a basic recommended list of skills for new users and yes recommended skills can be used as a guide.

Now i can easily make a full flat out guide from archer - the 4th class from my experience (yes I have played the 4th class on iah is still do from time to time) and give you a step by step bases on everything good place to lvl, what are the good and bad sides about each skill and why you should raise it or not raise it and so on i can gladly do that.

The reason I am not they're are many players who have not even attempted to try and archer and just copying some one else build, doesn't make them any better then they were when they started off, players have to learn from experience and ask questions when need be.

#18 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:22 PM

Well then. My experience is that arrow shower can't hold a candle to the fart of Falcon Frenzy/Blitz in pve.

#19 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

Long post that didn't make sense to me.

There is a disparity between the thread title and it's contents. Maybe more editing will close this disparity. Or just change the title to, "What skills could be effective."

#20 ixhikaru

ixhikaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

There is a disparity between the thread title and it's contents. Maybe more editing will close this disparity. Or just change the title to, "What skills could be effective."

If I could change the name of the thread I would of did it when I first created it but the title cant be changed.

#21 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

If I could change the name of the thread I would of did it when I first created it but the title cant be changed.

Actually, you can change it.
Edit: Nvm, seems that permission was not granted to this subforum for some reason, but it is allowed in the thief subforum, as well as many others.

Edited by Yurai, 03 September 2010 - 03:47 PM.

#22 Atreu

Atreu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

i don't see a guide that helps with pve/pvp i just see a list of recommended skills :p_omg:
i want to be pro at pvp!

you are pro!

#23 xKamikaze

xKamikaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

you are pro!

Thuy is scary T_T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users