#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

Here i will focus in a first step to make this happen:

1st of all, the mounts shapes and the speeds should be separated. The reason of that is bcs some people may want to use the Fast Rex (for example) but end choosing bettween the shape or the speed, since its slower than the other mall ones.

The way to do this, would be to create a new UI, called Companions (or a better name) and add 2 options there, the 1st would be Mounts (Rides) and the 2nd, would be the Pets (i will talk about that later).

When the user press the Mount option in that UI, a window will open. That window will have a few components:

The 1st, component would be a list with all the available mounts. The first tree (Rex, Fast Rex and Rex VonDutch) would be able to be unlocked by doing quests, the rest can only be unlocked by buying that shape from the mall. The mall item that unlock a new shape, should be permanent. The shapes shouldnt be able to be exchanged at any time, maybe could be done when the player complete the quests (see the 2nd point) that unlock new shapes, also when the character activate a speed coupon (see the 3rd point), or a new npc could be added that let the players do that for some lant.

The 2nd component would be the mount lvl. For now, lets leave the mount max lvl at lvl 3 (further lvls could increase the resistance of the mount instead of the speed). Each lvl can be earned by completing the quest that also unlock the new shape. The lvl 1, would be the one we currently have, the lvl 2 (Fast Rex) and 3 (Rex VonDutch) could be unlocked with quests lvl 50 and 66 (maybe).

The lvl also would define the base speed of the mount:

lvl 1: 20%
lvl 2: 25%
lvl 3: 30%

The 3rd component would be the mount speed coupon, that would give the mount some extra speed. Could be 2 coupons, one that last 1 week and one that last one month. The coupon would give a min of 30% speed bonus, that plus the new bonuses would be equal to the 60% the fastest mounts give now.

Mount lvl 1: 20% speed
Mount lvl 2: 25% speed
Mount lvl 3: 30% speed
Mount Speed (mall item): 30% speed

Pets: As an addition, the pets could share the point 1, making the shape and the bonuses to be different items. The player can buy the available shapes for one side, and buy the coupon that give the player the posibility of use the pet and get the bonuses for one month, for the other side.

#2 WarDrac

WarDrac

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1296 posts
  • LocationLithuania
  • Server:I'm xazeN

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

Here i will focus in a first step to make this happen:

1st of all, the mounts shapes and the speeds should be separated. The reason of that is bcs some people may want to use the Fast Rex (for example) but end choosing bettween the shape or the speed, since its slower than the other mall ones.

The way to do this, would be to create a new UI, called Companions (or a better name) and add 2 options there, the 1st would be Mounts (Rides) and the 2nd, would be the Pets (i will talk about that later).

When the user press the Mount option in that UI, a window will open. That window will have a few components:

The 1st, component would be a list with all the available mounts. The first tree (Rex, Fast Rex and Rex VonDutch) would be able to be unlocked by doing quests, the rest can only be unlocked by buying that shape from the mall. The mall item that unlock a new shape, should be permanent. The shapes shouldnt be able to be exchanged at any time, maybe could be done when the player complete the quests (see the 2nd point) that unlock new shapes, also when the character activate a speed coupon (see the 3rd point), or a new npc could be added that let the players do that for some lant.

The 2nd component would be the mount lvl. For now, lets leave the mount max lvl at lvl 3 (further lvls could increase the resistance of the mount instead of the speed). Each lvl can be earned by completing the quest that also unlock the new shape. The lvl 1, would be the one we currently have, the lvl 2 (Fast Rex) and 3 (Rex VonDutch) could be unlocked with quests lvl 50 and 66 (maybe).

The lvl also would define the base speed of the mount:

lvl 1: 20%
lvl 2: 25%
lvl 3: 30%

The 3rd component would be the mount speed coupon, that would give the mount some extra speed. Could be 2 coupons, one that last 1 week and one that last one month. The coupon would give a min of 30% speed bonus, that plus the new bonuses would be equal to the 60% the fastest mounts give now.

Mount lvl 1: 20% speed
Mount lvl 2: 25% speed
Mount lvl 3: 30% speed
Mount Speed (mall item): 30% speed

Pets: As an addition, the pets could share the point 1, making the shape and the bonuses to be different items. The player can buy the available shapes for one side, and buy the coupon that give the player the posibility of use the pet and get the bonuses for one month, for the other side.

This idea to make more $ to grav... :blink:

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

Yes, but at the same time the ones that cant/wont pay for one, can get a faster mount for free. But ofc, the main idea is to give a more important roll to the mounts in the character development.

Edited by Nadesh, 08 August 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#4 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

would be nice , but another mall intensive feature and would piss of non/low mall users

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

Well, it could depend on the cost of the mount shapes, bcs the coupon would cost the same and in the start would give the same bonus that it gives now (if one add the new mount base speed to the coupon speed). The main point is that the mount can have some kind of evolution in the game, and in some way get levels.

#6 Sakana

Sakana

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2034 posts
  • LocationCenter of Gravity
  • Server:Jericho

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

How about this:

With a new 'Mount UI" players can place the mount that they wish to use in the main slot.
* the 3 Rexes (Rex, Fast Rex, Rex Von Dutch) can be available in game for Lant, any other Mounts can be bought for a 1 time price that won't disappear.

Under the Mount that you wish to use, there are 3 open slots:
*A slot for an available "speed" coupon that can be purchased in the Item Mall that would need to be re-purchased every 30 days.
*Another slot can be used for a "Armor" or upgrade where the mount can take more damage (Theme Battle Reward?)
*Maybe a third that would give an aura, but would also buff the player when the mount is used? (SvS Reward?)

This would give players plenty of options to "customize' their mount to what they want and still will not kill the Item Mall benefit of a faster mount.

*Just a wild suggestion, I can write something up and submit it, but to the devs i think it sounds like a lot of effort for a new system that won't change the monetary benefit.

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:40 AM

I like that idea. Also, they can get some monetary benefits by selling with the permanent mounts, but ofc, that will depend on the amount of models they make and if people want to get them all or not. Maybe an extra bonus if the player complete the mount library, but dont know what could be, bcs shouldnt give a so big adventage over the ones that cant get them all, but at the same time must be desired. Or, they could create a 4th item (also a permanent mall item), that let the player change the mount color (1 item per available color), so, the library wouldnt be composed only by the mount's models but also the colors.

#8 gammelfleisch

gammelfleisch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 665 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:None.

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

make mounts able to attack. :smooch:

#9 OmniEquation

OmniEquation

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

make mounts able to attack. :)

Posted Image

:smooch:

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:53 PM

Well, for a start, auras like Sakana said, that would be nice, also a taunt and "un-taunt" (to remove the aggro skills could be nice.

#11 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

How about this:

With a new 'Mount UI" players can place the mount that they wish to use in the main slot.
* the 3 Rexes (Rex, Fast Rex, Rex Von Dutch) can be available in game for Lant, any other Mounts can be bought for a 1 time price that won't disappear.

Under the Mount that you wish to use, there are 3 open slots:
*A slot for an available "speed" coupon that can be purchased in the Item Mall that would need to be re-purchased every 30 days.
*Another slot can be used for a "Armor" or upgrade where the mount can take more damage (Theme Battle Reward?)
*Maybe a third that would give an aura, but would also buff the player when the mount is used? (SvS Reward?)

This would give players plenty of options to "customize' their mount to what they want and still will not kill the Item Mall benefit of a faster mount.

*Just a wild suggestion, I can write something up and submit it, but to the devs i think it sounds like a lot of effort for a new system that won't change the monetary benefit.

sounds good

Posted Image

:smooch:

yay
Posted Image

#12 Sonse81

Sonse81

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

As I already mentioned about a year or so ago just make the normal Rex be reinforcable.
Each step should add like 0.05 m/sec which will result in a max of 1.5 m/sec additional movement speed. Succes, fail and break chances should be the same as with lvl 35 FOC armor.
This way free players will be able to speed up but will still be slower than mall mounts (except Fast Rex).
Of course then make the quest repeatable so you can get a new one in case you break it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users