Cleffy's Warlord Build 9.0 - Page 2 - Bartuk Plains - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Cleffy's Warlord Build 9.0

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

Build 8.0

This is a preliminary build that I will be trying once the skill update applies on October 11th. With the update comes actual decisions to make on diversifying your character. There are 3 areas that a Warlord can concentrate on. AOE DPS, Party Buffs, and Dehabilitation. The update makes a worthy case for all 3 paths but only enough skill points to concentrate on 2 out of 3. With monsters getting armor, Armor Breaker and Shout of Ferocious Tiger can be more useful. The upgrades to warrior skills makes AOE DPS more a possibility, and creates a scenario where you just might want to take skills past 1.

After weighing in one whats been known so far about the update and my own playstyle I made the following decision when making this build. First was going to distribute points to first job skills that will be useful later on. Its pretty easy to focus too many skill points on the end-game skills, and not enough on early skills to have an enjoyable leveling experience. I decided to dedicate 56 skill points solely to first job skills to accomplish this. I also decided to concentrate on AOE DPS and Party Buffs because I tend not to PVP often. This means some skills will not come into play for me often enough to justify investment into. I also decided to concentrate most of my damage with low cooldown skills. This way I will maximize the damage I do on the attacks I use most often in a skill spam build. Power Attack and Lateral Slash.

Warrior Skills.

• Power Attack 10
  • Final Wrath 10
  • Titans Strike 1
  • Armor Breaker 1
  • Charge 10
  • Courage 10
  • Slayer 4
  • Terror 10
Warlord Skills

• Lateral Slash 10
  • Bugle of Carnage 10
  • Bear-Like Stamina 10
  • Mental Mitigation 1
  • Full Swing Slash 8
  • Feast of Blood 8
  • Terrified Scream 1
  • Land Tremor 6
  • Overbearing Clamor 2
DNA

• Potens Dash 10
  • Potens Lateral Slash 5
  • Bear-Like Stamina Intensification 10

Modified build for upcoming skill changes.

Edited by Cleffy, 11 October 2011 - 08:54 AM.

#27 UltC

UltC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:33 PM

Build 8.0

This is a preliminary build that I will be trying once the skill update applies on October 11th. With the update comes actual decisions to make on diversifying your character. There are 3 areas that a Warlord can concentrate on. AOE DPS, Party Buffs, and Dehabilitation. The update makes a worthy case for all 3 paths but only enough skill points to concentrate on 2 out of 3. With monsters getting armor, Armor Breaker and Shout of Ferocious Tiger can be more useful. The upgrades to warrior skills makes AOE DPS more a possibility, and creates a scenario where you just might want to take skills past 1.

After weighing in one whats been known so far about the update and my own playstyle I made the following decision when making this build. First was going to distribute points to first job skills that will be useful later on. Its pretty easy to focus too many skill points on the end-game skills, and not enough on early skills to have an enjoyable leveling experience. I decided to dedicate 56 skill points solely to first job skills to accomplish this. I also decided to concentrate on AOE DPS and Party Buffs because I tend not to PVP often. This means some skills will not come into play for me often enough to justify investment into. I also decided to concentrate most of my damage with low cooldown skills. This way I will maximize the damage I do on the attacks I use most often in a skill spam build. Power Attack and Lateral Slash.

Warrior Skills.

• Power Attack 10
  • Final Wrath 1
  • Titans Strike 1
  • Armor Breaker 10
  • Charge 10
  • Courage 10
  • Slayer 4
  • Terror 10
Warlord Skills

• Lateral Slash 10
  • Bugle of Carnage 10
  • Bear-Like Stamina 10
  • Mental Mitigation 1
  • Full Swing Slash 2
  • Feast of Blood 5
  • Shout of Ferocious Tiger 9
  • Terrified Scream 1
  • Land Tremor 6
  • Overbearing Clamor 2
DNA

• Strengthend Bugle of Carnage 10
  • Potens Lateral Slash 5
  • Shout of Ferocious Tiger Reinforcement 9

Power Attack 10 with Slayer 4, Full Swing Slash 2 and Feast of Blood 5? Slayer is the highest damage dealing skill for a WL and is now AoE, can't see how to not max it. Full swing Slash/Feast of blood are awesome AoEs now, need max much more than Shout of Ferocious Tiger IMO. The only situation shout would be useful as you say would be vs 750-1.5k def pvp, and even then I'd rather land one more aoe to crit in the 2-3k after activating the srdd4 rather than "wasting a turn" to use that debuff which wont really help.. Armor breaker is even more useless.. No DNA on Bear-like Stamina? It's the main WL buff for raids and everything.. Well at least I made my own build for my 85 WL and it can tank/AoE 7-8 70+ elites a time as well as pvp without any prob so I'm happeh.

edit: y u no put new build in first post QQ now I have look through it all again sigh..

Edited by UltC, 18 October 2011 - 10:35 PM.

#28 UltC

UltC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

Build 8.0

Warrior Skills.

Power Attack 10
Final Wrath 10
Titans Strike 1
Armor Breaker 1
Charge 10
Courage 10
Slayer 4
Terror 10
Warlord Skills

Lateral Slash 10
Bugle of Carnage 10
Bear-Like Stamina 10
Mental Mitigation 1
Full Swing Slash 8
Feast of Blood 8
Terrified Scream 1
Land Tremor 6
Overbearing Clamor 2
DNA

Potens Dash 10
Potens Lateral Slash 5
Bear-Like Stamina Intensification 10

This one looks much better, just one thing though, could you try making a 50 DNA build? Extra DNA will be available in IM after this maint.. 10 Points should go to maxing buggle of carnage dna IMO, the +133 DPS from dna adds +266 crit dps on 0 def monsters (which is the def a js mob would have under the effect of srdd4) and it helps powerleveling guildies as well as making all the melee dps classes in your raid party much stronger.

I find it really worth maxing Terrified Scream to go with Overbearing Clamor, do a Clamor+Scream and a tempy/rad/elem/mystic/saker/defi will be 'stunned' (can't move or cast) for another 12 seconds, with a decent weapon, crit rate and scad none of them would live more than 5 secs except rads with mana shield and the +30 cswhores.

I still don't understand the Power Attack/Final Wrath maxed, it seems like such a minimal dps increase t.t

Also, what's the Lateral Slash CD with 5 potens dna? With 5 aoes now maxing it with dna will only make a diff when you're fighting a really HUGE mass of mobs mhmm.. Also I tried making your build here http://inmmo.ru/requ...0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 but seems like it's 10 points short for bearlike stamina >.>

By transfering your Final Wrath to Bearlike Stamina (I'll assume Wrath was a typo 1 instead of 10, minimal dps change) and the Lateral Slash+Power Attack to Terrified Scream/Slayer you kinda get my current build: http://inmmo.ru/requ...,1,0,0,0,10,0,0

^Coulda transfer some of the terror dna and the long range def buff dna to Potens Lateral Slash to make it more spammable, as well as the 1 pt from mental mitigation to get lateral slash 2 (3 targets), but still, with so many aoe's (4 others) and so many skills it doesn't really make much difference.

Ok I understand your logic about maxing short cooldown skills such as power attack/lateral slash, but then, wouldn't it cause a huge mana problem? Having high mp cost on your most spammed skills.. I seriously have enough probs with these 2 skills at level 1 lol.

Edited by UltC, 18 October 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#29 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

I wanted to try something different and am still testing the differences. I changed a few things around already but not ready to post a revised build. Lowered Power Attack for Slayer for obvious reasons. Removed the point in Terrified Scream

The choices I made had to do with mainly 3 things. Cooldown, MP Consumption, and mobs getting armor. There are choices that have to be made on WL builds now so there are a couple different ways you can take skills. Here is my reasoning behind the choices.

Charge
Bear Like Stamina - I didn't max the DNA because I wanted to try and maximize damage. Since the AOE have become more powerful I wanted to exploit what I could. The DNA at that level for WL is more for casters in party then for anything else. Most melee have over 8000 HP at this level. Considering casters rarely take damage it plays less a role. Obviously its still a top DNA choice.
Bugle of Carnage - I maxed Bugle DNA just to try it. I don't think I will keep it. Although it adds 10% more damage, there might be a better way to get more damage.
Terrified Scream - After using it since its change to a root effect, I don't really find it to be as useful as other skills considering there is now Overbearing Clamor. Rooted targets can still attack which makes it kind of pointless. As a defensive skill it comes into play rarely and its chance of success is not too high.
Armor Breaker / Shout of Ferocious Tiger - Its true that it was mainly useful on targets between 750-1500, but they buffed shout which makes its range a bit better. Between 750 and 2000 which fits most scenarios in the late game. Considering mobs now have armor the -29% armor can add up. Even at only -15% its adding 100~200 damage on lower mobs.
Feast of Blood / Full Swing Slash- With the new changes these are the less useful AOEs. Their cooldown is longer then Lateral Slash and Slayer. They don't stun like Land Tremor. Feast of Bloods range is a bit better so I upped that one instead of Full Swing Slash.
Lateral Slash- MP consumption has become a non-issue from what I have seen so far. I have not yet even gotten to half my total MP.

Also whoops, I added it up as 112 Skill Points. Its only 102 skill points. I will have to revise that.

Edited by Cleffy, 18 October 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#30 UltC

UltC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

I wanted to try something different and am still testing the differences. I changed a few things around already but not ready to post a revised build. Lowered Power Attack for Slayer for obvious reasons. Removed the point in Terrified Scream

The choices I made had to do with mainly 3 things. Cooldown, MP Consumption, and mobs getting armor. There are choices that have to be made on WL builds now so there are a couple different ways you can take skills. Here is my reasoning behind the choices.

Charge
Bear Like Stamina - I didn't max the DNA because I wanted to try and maximize damage. Since the AOE have become more powerful I wanted to exploit what I could. The DNA at that level for WL is more for casters in party then for anything else. Most melee have over 8000 HP at this level. Considering casters rarely take damage it plays less a role. Obviously its still a top DNA choice.
Bugle of Carnage - I maxed Bugle DNA just to try it. I don't think I will keep it. Although it adds 10% more damage, there might be a better way to get more damage.
Terrified Scream - After using it since its change to a root effect, I don't really find it to be as useful as other skills considering there is now Overbearing Clamor. Rooted targets can still attack which makes it kind of pointless. As a defensive skill it comes into play rarely and its chance of success is not too high.
Armor Breaker / Shout of Ferocious Tiger - Its true that it was mainly useful on targets between 750-1500, but they buffed shout which makes its range a bit better. Between 750 and 2000 which fits most scenarios in the late game. Considering mobs now have armor the -29% armor can add up. Even at only -15% its adding 100~200 damage on lower mobs.
Feast of Blood / Full Swing Slash- With the new changes these are the less useful AOEs. Their cooldown is longer then Lateral Slash and Slayer. They don't stun like Land Tremor. Feast of Bloods range is a bit better so I upped that one instead of Full Swing Slash.

Well obviously you have to try a build that suits yourself, and I found the idea of maxing short CD skills quite neat to have a higher dps output, but then I just noticed Power Attack would have more than 3x the cost being that I already have mp probs with that at level 1..

For Bear-like/Buggle of Carnage, the 5 months I've played as WL, I *ALWAYS* had these maxed with dna, for an obvious reason - WLs are a support class, and when I'm in a party I'll give the best support I can (plus these skills with dna are useful even when solo'ing). Now with 50 DNA there is no excuse to don't max it either..

Feast of Blood / Full Swing Slash deal massive dps, having already Land Tremor and Slayer maxed, they seem quite a nice choice to spend a few skill points at.. Having over 50% crit, a soul rep+10 srdd4, some scad and some luck for the 50% scrit to crit in 2 of these AoEs hardly anything would live through a tremor+slayer+feast of blood+full swing slash (being that it now hits up to 8-9 targets a time and they also deal quite good crit dps on pvp) besides js/ST/raid mobs..

Now if you're looking for massive dps coulda try a zerk, my 72 zerk with 60% crit erm now nerfed to 55% crit has much more single target dps than the 85 WL for instance.

Now for Armor breaker/shout of ferocious tiger.. Most WLs have shout, but I really don't know.. Just the time to do a shout you could be doing an AoE or any skill spam.. Just the fact that your weapon enchant SRDD4 will automatically take out MUCH more defense than your shout+armor breaker would on a low-mid def class, added that at capped def the shout won't make that much diff either, and for my playstyle that I barely never used Shout besides for Tanking stuff in AT before the shout range was reduced from 30m to 10-19, I don't have much of an use for it anymore..

I see that your build should suit low-mid levels better to have a better leveling experience as well, that's good.. But this WL 85 build works great for me (even tho WLs won't get any close to a zerk's dps no matter what), if you have anything to add feel free to ;p I'll be waiting for the next version of your build as I used your WL build 7.2 all along my level 50-79.

(edit: For Terrified Scream it's mainly pvp, try doing a Clamor+Terrified scream on any caster - they won't be able to cast or move, they'll be hindered useless for 12 secs just as if you were a sin stunning them - also you can use it defensively as you've mentioned in past builds but ya, if you're making a pure pve dps/aoe build you can dump it)

Edited by UltC, 19 October 2011 - 12:01 AM.

#31 vukovic

vukovic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1431 posts
  • LocationAion EU
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nexsus

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Wrong wrong wrong, get rid of power attack lvl 10 its useles, get Terrified Scream maxed its a skill that allows ur party members safe kills in pvp ( a defi with a Terms of Service after it would be nice ).
Guessing a warlord like u still didnt learn that the "Physical Damage" is only a part of ur damage ( smaller part ), the big part of ur damage is ur SCAD, so getting ur abilities such as "Power Attack" like 100 dmg more is a pure waste of points ( 100 more skill damage on person over 1100 def aka 60% phys dmg reduction is 40, and on 2700 def guys its 20)
Other 2nd job attack abilities should be given enough points to reach max number of targets, its useful both for pvp and pve fights.

#32 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

I agree the build could use improvement. However, I disagree with concentrating too much on 2nd class skills and pushing alot into SCAD. The problem with too much 2nd class skills is that you fail to specialize your character and fail to address getting to 50. Up to 70 1st class skills still play a pivotal roll in easing the progression of leveling. The problem of pushing lots of points into Terrified Scream, Feast of Blood, and Full Swing slash is that their usage is limited due to cool down time and situational scenarios. Power Attack, Titan's Strike, and Lateral Slash are in use ever couple of seconds Where as Feast of Blood and Full Swing Slash may come into use every 13 seconds depending on the enemies around you. Damage wise they are also not that impressive. Terrified Scream merely makes up for the recklessness of other players. It also fails too often to be a safety net. With Overbearing clamour reducing movement speed and silencing targets, it may make Terrified Scream redundant.

When it comes to SCAD, Warlords don't have alot of skill crit. Its better to concentrate Xeons on Skill Crit then SCAD. Whats the point in adding damage at a 1 in 4 chance, when the maximum reduction in damage is 1/5th and most don't have that kind of armor? I think that makes the case for Shout of Ferocious Tiger, and Armor Breaker more viable.

#33 UltC

UltC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:29 AM

Damage wise they are also not that impressive. Terrified Scream merely makes up for the recklessness of other players. It also fails too often to be a safety net. With Overbearing clamour reducing movement speed and silencing targets, it may make Terrified Scream redundant.

Posted Image
I don't see how 90% success fails too often..

Posted Image
And -1.5m/s at level 2 Clamor, when targets move at ~5.4m/s isn't a huge difference for me, they can still move at ~4m/s being that WLs have very little KOing power/attack speed/dps if compared to a zerk or sin, if you're fighting a rad with mana shield they'll safely run to their base/to a group of their team before you can take out their mana shield, the same for high defense/hp classes. If you just use Clamor they'll do anything to run away, and most of them will manage to. Now, if you use Terrified Scream on a caster after Clamor, they will be hindered defenseless silenced and halted in the spot for 12 seconds, they not only can't cast but can't move either - you can focus on your skill spam and "best" (WL) dps skills to KO the caster. If I were a caster silenced and halted for 12 secs I'd just throw my comp through the window.

Also Terrified Scream have other usages, not only pvp and defensively. I'm not sure if you remember, but did you try to solo Volcano Clan quest at level 63-65? Yeah, those murderers that hit and run and bring another 5+ elites to your doom unless you aggro them and run to a safespot then charge and get behind them so they run in the opposite direction (towards safe area). Obviously, it wouldn't be such a hassle if they'd just stay at the place.. you know, if there was only one way to make them stop running besides stuns which WL's lacked (and now, you get an 1 sec stun at level70..), wouldn't it be awesome if you could hold those -_-ers in place for more than 1 of your hits? Ohh wait there is a way, Terrified Scream. Same goes for the -_-ers inside DS, Black Storm Hunters excel at hit and run, and seems like ALWAYS (okay only 90% of the time) they run to a glitchy position where noone can attack them (hurray) now if there was only a way to keep them in place.. Well you get it. Obviously if you have a caster or stun locker class with you it'd be easier, but WLs need to be able to solo some stuff on their own instead of depending on others for everything.

Damage wise they are also not that impressive.

Yes, neither level 60 AoEs nor Power Attack, Titan's Strike and Lateral Slash are "impressive", even though 60+ ones do a lot more dmg (when crit'ing with srdd4 as well). And maxing the ones you use most usually generate mp problems on most classes, even more for WLs that don't have that much MND. Maxing 60+ AoEs makes up for a fast KOing when you're being followed by 8 70+ elites, and also for crit'ing at pvp. I have enough MP probs with the skills I spam most often at level 1 to I'm keeping them at level 1 lol.

The problem with too much 2nd class skills is that you fail to specialize your character and fail to address getting to 50. Up to 70 1st class skills still play a pivotal roll in easing the progression of leveling.

Well, I agree.. But if that's the case you could very well make a build for leveling 1-60/1-70 and another build for lv85, you wouldn't like to be a 85 using a build made to help you level at lower levels right?

When it comes to SCAD, Warlords don't have alot of skill crit. Its better to concentrate Xeons on Skill Crit then SCAD. Whats the point in adding damage at a 1 in 4 chance, when the maximum reduction in damage is 1/5th and most don't have that kind of armor? I think that makes the case for Shout of Ferocious Tiger, and Armor Breaker more viable.

Posted Image

Yes you're right, my jewels focus half/half in hp and skill crit, being that they have average 4-5 Ion Mine skill crit enchants only and my scrit ball is only +8 with 4 enchants. The 65 set focus in skill crit as well, not easy to find a tyrant set nowadays. 52% crit isn't that bad though, if I were to make an eximius jewel set with average 6 enchants per jewel like my zerk's, the crit rate wouldn't be much higher than 55-57%.. 314 SCAD without any scad enchant isn't that bad though. But about shout of ferocious tiger/armor breaker I'd rather just keep bashing mah skill spam on the target which deals constant dps and automatically activates the SRDD4 which takes -600 def instantly than wasting time to do the debuffs.

(oh related to the pic, my whole set, jewels and weapon are at +10, weapon with SRDD4).
Posted ImagePosted Image

I know it isn't very good, I could make my jewels +15 etc but I know WLs will NEVER get any close to a zerk's dps or v1 power, so I'll just pass my 79 axe to the zerk and work a little more on it. If anyone got a 85 giant sword for sale it'd make meh happeh (can be imperfect, i just wanna see the dps).

ps. Lant and valuables are on zerk.

Edited by UltC, 20 October 2011 - 04:44 AM.

#34 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:54 AM

Build 8.1

After initial testing I decided to change my build around. First was that I used 10 more skill points so I took those out of first class skills as they weren't really necessary. On second thought Power Attack 10 is kind of useless. Its mainly there to have an attack skill, and before 50 it drains too much MP to be useful past 1. Its a good idea to focus points in early 1st class skills to make leveling easier, and several skills are still useful once progressed into Warlord.

I still hold that focusing your skills is more crucial for Warlords now, that choice is how much to progress your AOE skills, and which dehabilitation to get. For me I decided on Armor Reduction. Shout pulls mobs and reduces armor by 43% with DNA. Mixed with -10% from Armor breaker and you are looking at almost 50% armor reduction due to stacking effects. The choice to drop Terrified Scream is a tough one, but I wanted to focus more on AOEs and a skill must be dropped in order to accomplish that. I find it to be redundant with Overbearing Clamour's slow effect, and too situational to be warrant its space in my build. On AOEs, I decided not to progress Feast of Blood and Full-Swing slash because they are the less useful AOEs compared to the spamability of Lateral Slash and the stun effect of Land Tremor. Considering the only 20 damage difference and 1 more target hittable, it was not worth the points.

Warrior Skills.

• Power Attack 1
  • Final Wrath 1
  • Titans Strike 4
  • Armor Breaker 10
  • Charge 10
  • Courage 10
  • Slayer 10
Warlord Skills
  • Lateral Slash 10
  • Bugle of Carnage 10
  • Bear-Like Stamina 10
  • Mental Mitigation 1
  • Full Swing Slash 3
  • Feast of Blood 5
  • Shout of Ferocious Tiger 9
  • Land Tremor 6
  • Overbearing Clamor 2
DNA
  • Bear-like Stamina Intensification 10
  • Potens Lateral Slash 5
  • Strengthened Shout of Ferocious Tiger 9
  • Potens Dash 1
Extra DNA

• Strengthened Bugle of Carnage 10
  • Potens Dash 10
  • Strengthened Lateral Slash 6

I revised my build a bit more. I am still focusing on armor reduction and AOE so could not find room for Terrified Scream.

Edited by Cleffy, 21 October 2011 - 09:30 AM.

#35 hadro

hadro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

it just all depens on ur playstyle..ok WL is not a right chose for pvp coz hes suport class but with those new changes we got some nice boost in pvp 2 . i chosed to go on a pvp build though it works very good in pve same. gone for madness set all parts between 5-10 at,(w8ing for reinf event ;))about jewlery i went for mag earrings 75.rest are exi +10-15 just bracelet are +15 supernus one(didnt wont to waste time for getting exi since diference isnt way 2 much and we dont need dex boost at all lmao) haveing 11700 hp/1800 mp dmg is going around 1400 max. skils are going somethingthis way:
PA on lvl 1 (low cd best spaming skil for mobs 1v1 like imo dont bother to pumed it more its a waste)
titan is also al lvl 1 same efect like PA just with more dmg and longer cd.
slayer is maxed guess done need to explain why since its best aoe imo apart tremor
courage max
breaker and teror are filers
charge maxed good for both pve/pvp
2nd job
latheral i left at lvl 1 coz u still need t make a good angle to hit more mobs its a nice skil since u got dna for lower cd and max dmg but dunno never like it
full siwng i get maxed coz its nice that u dont need to selct target and that is realy usefull(talking about pvp wise) and u dont need 2 think will u hit mobs or not coz it has good range.
tremor maxed
root i maxed coz its a badass combo for pvp not usefull as much in pve but whoi give a-_- u got alot of aoes,u have points for it and in cmbo with new skil it pwn.
hp/dmg buffs maxed
deflect at lvl 1 atm mitigation also.
about shout i find it usefull u can get about 48% debuff with dna,and u can aford it since wl works with 25 points fine with those 50 we got u can implement it. even with srdd4 on ur wep this skil is very usefull...getting target with 1.5k def as example - 48% of shout -srdd4 = defless target.
with this build i have good hp/nice dmg imo (slayer is hitting alsmot 5k tremor lil more) scrit is at 50% and scad almost around 400. main prob of this build is maybe a def but u can fix it changinf with svs costume while pve if u need it and :waddle: MP!
maybe i could get ID set for imprvement of MP coz bluds are crap ;/ but atm 1800 MP isnt enough on some long run.
give ur opinions! :D

cheers! wl pova! xD

#36 UltC

UltC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Build 8.1

After initial testing I decided to change my build around. First was that I used 10 more skill points so I took those out of first class skills as they weren't really necessary. On second thought Power Attack 10 is kind of useless. Its mainly there to have an attack skill, and before 50 it drains too much MP to be useful past 1. Its a good idea to focus points in early 1st class skills to make leveling easier, and several skills are still useful once progressed into Warlord.

I still hold that focusing your skills is more crucial for Warlords now, that choice is how much to progress your AOE skills, and which dehabilitation to get. For me I decided on Armor Reduction. Shout pulls mobs and reduces armor by 43% with DNA. Mixed with -10% from Armor breaker and you are looking at almost 50% armor reduction due to stacking effects. The choice to drop Terrified Scream is a tough one, but I wanted to focus more on AOEs and a skill must be dropped in order to accomplish that. I find it to be redundant with Overbearing Clamour's slow effect, and too situational to be warrant its space in my build. On AOEs, I decided not to progress Feast of Blood and Full-Swing slash because they are the less useful AOEs compared to the spamability of Lateral Slash and the stun effect of Land Tremor. Considering the only 20 damage difference and 1 more target hittable, it was not worth the points.

Warrior Skills.
Power Attack 1
Final Wrath 1
Titans Strike 3
Armor Breaker 10
Charge 10
Courage 10
Slayer 10
Terror 1
Warlord Skills
Lateral Slash 10
Bugle of Carnage 10
Bear-Like Stamina 10
Mental Mitigation 1
Full Swing Slash 3
Feast of Blood 5
Shout of Ferocious Tiger 9
Land Tremor 6
Overbearing Clamor 2
DNA
Bear-like Stamina Intensification 10
Potens Lateral Slash 5
Strengthened Shout of Ferocious Tiger 9
Potens Dash 1
Extra DNA

Strengthened Bugle of Carnage 10
Potens Dash 10
Strengthened Lateral Slash 6

Armor Breaker is just a waste of MP in the skill spam imho, seeing as it's even more useless as shout of ferocious and I don't use any of them.. By moving the points from armor breaker and titan's strike you can have Terrified Scream maxed and spare points for the AoEs.. As my gameplay style doesn't support Short of Ferocious Tiger (I rely on my weapon enchant for def debuff and keep the skill spam for constant dps), for now I'd rather dump the Shout as I virtually never use it and max some more AoEs for more targets/dps/pvp crits. But ya, I see that if you really max shout with dna it might be pretty useful in some situations (I guess). Again, as I don't use Shout I've spent the DNA into maxing Courage, 1 pt in Final Wrath and a few in Terror accuracy. I know, maxing Courage is rather useless when the max it'll do is adding 100dps crit on 0 def mobs (when SRDD4 is active) but there isn't much better stuff to spend your points in, and it increases the overall dps of every hit you do. Maybe 1 or 2 points in Potens Lateral Slash but as I keep it at level 1 to be a spammable skill, and I hardly ever run out in skills to spam, it doesn't make much difference.

ps. I'd love to un-wall this post but I'm too tired to do so.

pss. Now the version 8.1 misses Terror, which is by far the most versatile and useful skill in js solo/pvp against stun locker classes..

Edited by UltC, 21 October 2011 - 10:22 AM.

#37 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

Strengthened Bugle of Carnage will give more DPS then strengthened Courage.

Took out Terror because at 1 pt its not very useful. For running away skills Terror only affects 1 target unlike Terrorizing Scream. The only reason I would use Terror on a stun-locker is to run away. When you terror them you also lower their cooldown time in addition to yours. Terror allows you to make 3 more attacks, and heal but drags out a fight. Its a 1v1 PVP skill or a skill to run away with.

#38 UltC

UltC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

Strengthened Bugle of Carnage will give more DPS then strengthened Courage.

Took out Terror because at 1 pt its not very useful. For running away skills Terror only affects 1 target unlike Terrorizing Scream. The only reason I would use Terror on a stun-locker is to run away. When you terror them you also lower their cooldown time in addition to yours. Terror allows you to make 3 more attacks, and heal but drags out a fight. Its a 1v1 PVP skill or a skill to run away with.

Exactly, I had Buggle of Carnage maxed already so I've spent those extra points in Courage.. But now, looking at how Shout of Ferocious Tiger can reduce up to 43% defense on raid bosses and high-defense classes in pvp such as prots/rads/commies and +30 cswhores (I just hope the -43% actually take out -43% defense lol, seems a little hard to believe), I've tried making a build to support Terror, Terrified Scream and Shout of Ferocious Tiger all maxed, with still good dps and AoE.

http://inmmo.ru/requ...,0,0,0,0,10,9,0
This build sacrifices Lateral Slash as you have 4 other better damage dealing skills, there aren't many targets that will last that long to justify making it a spammable skill imo (even ST mobs die quite quickly). Slayer hitting up to 7 targets with massive dps (even though it misses sometimes), AoE stun hitting 6 targets (might miss as well, but then you still have another 2), Feast of Blood with decent range and 6 targets as well, Full Swing Slash with 5 targets and lastly Lateral Slash only to complete the skill spam with 3 targets.. Yes, I had to sacrifice a lot of AoE points to make up for maxed Terror/Shout of Ferocious Tiger/Terrified Scream, but let's take a look at the advantages:

First off, I wouldn't sacrifice Terror (again) as you did with build 7.2.. It's the skill I missed most since most of your grinding at 65-73 will be inside JS, and Terror really makes solo/duo JS grinding MUCH more easier and enjoyable. Plus can be used against stun locker classes as you said. Terror is a must-have for me atm. (edit: It's also very useful for leveling with js grind, as you can see)

Shout of Ferocious Tiger, if it ACTUALLY reduces 43% defense with maxed dna, then it'll make up for the 100 (200 crit) dmg loss in the 2 AoE's I lowered and the 50 (100 crit) dmg from Courage DNA.

Now Terrified Scream is your choice, sacrifice it to add a few more points in AoEs or keep it to wipe out casters in the battlefield - even though Clamor comes with Slow effect, upon silencing a caster, as soon as the opponent realizes that he/she can't cast they'll try to run to their base/group/run in laps to don't let you skill spam while the 12 seconds of Silence lasts.. Now Clamor+Scream is a virtually perfect combo for killing a caster, unless it's a 85 rad with mana shield but now with Shout taking out 43% def it should be much easier.

My build before without Shout, AoEs 7-8 Targets with great dps and range, plus Courage DNA to increase overall dps (maxed Terror and Terrified Scream as well)..
http://inmmo.ru/requ...,0,0,0,0,10,0,0

My build with Shout (exchanging a few points from Full Swing Slash and Feast of Blood, and the Courage DNA for Shout):
http://inmmo.ru/requ...,0,0,0,0,10,9,0

Now if you want to take out Terrified Scream to max your lateral slash or the other AoEs, and the Terror Accuracy DNA for Courage/Potens Lateral Slash that works too.

Edited by UltC, 21 October 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#39 MasonStorm

MasonStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

if this thread is still being followed, i have a question for you Cleffy...

is your WL build a PvE or PvP build? I'm asking because of Vukovic's comment talking about things in the guide are wrong spouting PvP.... I myself despise PvP, my reasonings have no bearing here, I just need to know before I consider your guide if it's a PvP guide or a PvE guide.

#40 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

outdated

#41 MasonStorm

MasonStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

need a new WL guide than. i'm also looking at builds for a friend as well

#42 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Warlord has never been, strictly speaking, a PvP class. That said, a Warlord brings a lot to the table for PvP in a group setting. If you're mainly concerned about PvE the easy answer is to max your AOEs and buffs, don't bother with Mental Mitigation. If you really want a detailed guide and analysis...well, I'm not sure anyone is going to take the time right now. Maybe if the server merge breathes a little life into things...

#43 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Its mostly a PVE guide to warlord.
The point of the build is to concentrate on low cooldown attack skills and buffs. This is why all the concentration is on skills like Lateral Slash. A couple points could be moved around and the DNA could probably be better allocated. Skills have not changed since the most recent guide was made.

#44 MasonStorm

MasonStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

what about Alexito's comment about the guide being outdated?

#45 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

I haven't been playing much this year because I have been boycotting Gravity, so I haven't taken the time to fine tune the skills. You can see in the build alot of 10's in a skill. There usually is not a need for a 10 in a skill, you can usually get more out of a build if you fine tune each skill to what is needed so you can progress other ones further. Plus it isn't a guide, its just a build.

#46 MasonStorm

MasonStorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

why are you boycotting gravity?

#47 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Because its been 2 years since they abandoned the game and brought it in a direction I do not like. A year ago after seeing the upcoming update plans and how they would accomplish nothing for another year, I had enough and decided to not buy anything.

#48 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

if ppl still follow this post - here is the lvl 90 build (pve/dps build) ^^

skills 1st job:

not activated - fighting will
lvl 1 - power attack
lvl 1 - titans strike
lvl 1 - armor breaker
lvl 1 - final wrath
lvl 1 - terror
lvl 10 - courage
lvl 10 - charge
lvl 10 - slayer

skills 2nd job:

not activated - deflect
lvl 1 - mental mitigation (works against slowing/rooting from bosses)
lvl 2 - lateral slash (gives u 3 targets instead of 2 at lvl 1)
lvl 10 - bearlike stamina
lvl 10 - bugle of carnage
lvl 10 - feast of blood
lvl 10 - full swing slash
lvl 10 - shout of ferocious tiger
lvl 10 - terrifying scream
lvl 7 - land tremor
lvl 4 - overbearing clamor

now for the dna (55 pts)

lvl 10 - STR bear like stamina
lvl 10 - STR bugle of carnage
lvl 10 - STR shout of ferocious tiger
lvl 10 - STR slayer
lvl 6/7 - STR land tremor
lvl 5/6 - STR courage
lvl 1 - STR final wrath
lvl 1 - STR lateral slash

reminder - this is pve build so there is no potens dash or terror lvl 10 (btw from my experience terror lvl 1 with 60% chance still hits alot, does NOT miss as much as ppl think it would), and for the dash ... dash got nerfed on dna with that patch ages ago since then i am not using dash, even with 55 dna pts, and 22 secs cd w/o dna is enough to kill some1 with dash/root combo in pvp, and clamorize the escaped ones ^^

#49 Kroatreich

Kroatreich

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

- for the gear choice, my opinion would be 79 STR armor, RARE NM CON jewels, weapon 79 already on CON by default or 85 ominous CON (or STR if u want more dmg), or 85 jarlahrarada or whatever the name is, the new OP sword ^^ (this is the most economical choice of your gear AND strong (more than) enough to be OP or close to it)
- OR EVEN (since WLs have eternal mp isshue) put MND on sword, and those who have bluds, use Item Reduction Tool (30 days) ^^
- also SCAD ball AND cellular on CON basis

as true WLs may have noticed, our class has a "catch" - if u go full CON u cannot tank or pull/keep aggro also u can't kill s.h.i.t. (by theory)
and full STR u will not survive WS bossess, let alone DC, LW, JS, ST, ET, dead pit in crescent, but in full STR u CAN and WILL kill 2-3 hits, 4 (tops), everything surrounding u and no Taunt will steal aggro from u (+30 zerks and sins are exceptions, like always). In this "catch" this is also included - if full or most parts STR, just 8 elite mobs can eat u alive so better hope u dont lag at that moment in the middle of killing ^^

#50 warjat69

warjat69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:somewhere over the raibow

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

STR armor is a really good choice when WL is skill spam based character?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users