Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

I just did onward to the new world, which used to give 1.2m exp, but seems they've "fixed" with some recent patch. So yeah, don't use bms on that in case anyone was going to.

So basically they've turned one of the 3 quests in this game that actually gave noticeable exp to 120k :waddle:

Someone check report from new world maybe that was fixed too. Then we may finally be in the situation where ALL THE QUESTS IN THE GAME COMBINED give less exp than seal 2.

Seriously, Im not kidding; if all the quests rewards got an additional zero at the end, then maybe a dozen would actually be worth considering.
While seal 2 would still give the most exp of them all and be repeatable unlike the rest :blink:

I don't understand at all why the gms fail to see this.
Last time anyone mentioned this was like "nah, youre wrong theres totally quests that give exp which add up to liek 30m", yet we are still in the dark as to where these exp are hidden.

An average quest takes 2 hours and gives you 200k exp with crap or no job exp. In those 2 hours, the slowest lvling character you can imagine would have made 5 times as much from ctrl-click lvling on a lame place.

#2 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

I agree and wish they'd put all of them back to pre-renewal values. My conversation with heim to persuade him of this was sadly unsuccessful.

#3 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

people would be more willing to do quests if they actually gave 10x their current value for exp (Not including seal 2 of course). A great deal of lore is involved in questing, something I believe quite a few people would enjoy along with good exp.

#4 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yes, I agree that xp for most the new world quest is horrid.
But then again only people who really want to farm items do them.

So giving everyone an incentive to complete the quest would drastically reduce the value
of items there. Can't wait to see those Nid mants at 20 mil or less.

#5 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

My conversation with heim to persuade him of this was sadly unsuccessful.

Can you ask him what the hell he expects us to do? We're not all asian gamers who love to sit and kill the same monster 5000x to get one level.

#6 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

I'm fairly sure he doesn't see this as a problem, so your question would be moot.

#7 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

...He doesn't think quests should give reasonable EXP?

#8 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

RO has no quests :|

#9 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

RO's quests rewards are utter garbage. God forbid they give decent EXP.

What's going to happen if it changed? On no, people can breeze through 1-99! They already tried to set it up to allow for that.

At 100+, even with 10 times the experience, quests begin to be less and less useful anyway. Regular players won't level up too fast anyway, even with higher exp rewards; once they get through the quests and are only, say, level 115, they won't be able to level up so quickly anymore.

Currently, only Seal2 is really repeatable, and it's fine the way it is, but every other quest is a one off that's not rewarding in the slightest.

Players don't quest because it's not worth it. They don't become immersed in the game world, and the only time they bother do to them is to get access to a dungeon with about 10 pre-reqs.

Edited by Scott, 19 August 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#10 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

...He doesn't think quests should give reasonable EXP?

In his opinion, he seems to think they do give reasonable EXP. I don't know why, since just about everyone else would probably disagree, but I couldn't seem to change his mind about it.

#11 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:00 AM

Just another way to show that Heimdallr knows nothing about this game.

#12 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

Maybe heim is comparing the quests with charas level 50~70, and haven0t thought that two hour long quersts give as much exp as one or two mobs which takes a few seconds to kill on a 100+ leveled chara. And haven't realized that those quests give so few exp that they don't even move your exp bar...

Or will give a response like "if you don't like it, don't do it" ^^;....

Changing quests to be rewarding seems to be one of the easy changes everyone agrees that needs to be done, doesn't require a superprogrammer, doesn't seems to require the approval of kRO, and could take one day maybe adding a zero or a bit more expto the database... yet somehow it isn't even planned...

#13 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:27 AM

I would just like to hear ONE GOOD REASON why they don't get "fixed".

#14 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:15 AM

Maybe heim is comparing the quests with charas level 50~70,

Characters in that level range can't do most of RO's quest.

Dear Heim,

We know that RO players whine and cry too much about everything,
but quest really need a fixing. When a quest that takes you 3-4 hours to do gives you 100k xp
for a reward it's pretty demoralizing. There are random smart people that float around
the forums and can do math who could figure out a reasonable rescaling for the rewards.

So yeah....

#15 Ein69

Ein69

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

I tried getting my brother and his girlfriend playing with my wife and I, and the first thing they wanted to do were quests after they got to a reasonable level. I told them there were a lot of quests, but they weren't very fun. 2 days later they decided to quit because they said the quests were boring and unrewarding..

#16 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

I was literally questing the whole day the other day and got maybe 10% total exp from it. That was to gain access to Nameless Island. When I finally got there I realized that the island itself is a bad place to level and called it a day.

Questing is totally not worth your time in Ragnarok at the moment, at least if you do it for getting exp (not items / access / etc).

#17 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

Seriously. Im not sure why they dont see it.

Lots of people actually would want to do the quests, but the rewards aren't even bad, they're beyond crap.

Do they look at what the min. lvl is? No that cannot be it. Actually there cannot be any reason when they have seal2 for comparison, with no contest from anything on multiple levels.

#18 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

Believe it or not, I love doing quests. Sadly enough, I did the Nameless Island entrance quest last night while at level 118/26. I died once while traveling to Curdie in Thor's volcano, and my 1% experience loss was greater than the quest reward.

#19 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

Report still gives 5 mil EXP for VIP users and there's that repeatable that gives 700,000 job exp (near enough 1m for VIP) that's repeatable.

But outside that, they really do need to look into fixing quest EXP, prefereable scale-able exp (so it always gives a fixed %, like 10%? or something.. so it'd give 20% on a HEBM for example)

on off-quests that take as long as the ones in RO tend to be should give at least 30% of your exp at say.. 140, seriously.

The repeatable ones need to give more than 0.1~3% to be worth doing daily though....

#20 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

I did Report from the New World as VIP on Valk and did not get 5 mil exp.

#21 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

I'd hope that maybe eventually they might be open to players' suggestions for more balanced quest rewards that consider level, difficulty, and time spent... While the event quests have been quite good, there are few permanent story quests atm that seem 'fair'.

I did Report from the New World as VIP on Valk and did not get 5 mil exp.

Do you mind if I ask what level you were when you did the quest? It seems like it might scale by level now or something, but it's kind of expensive and somewhat wasteful of exp to test... XD

#22 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

Honestly a 10x exp boost to the quests still probably wouldn't make most of them worth doing for that reason unless you're playing a low offense character/build and don't have anybody to level with. Most people reading this can probably get 1.2 mil in a few minutes on most of their chars. But if you were going to do the quest for dungeon access or something it would be nice to get a decent nugget of experience along with it again.

#23 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:03 AM

Yeah it made no sense to reduce the exp by 90% across the board, especially when the average exp/hour leveling normally has actually increased rather than decreased with renewal (pre-RE the expectation was much lower exp/hour).

If it took 2-3 hours per level in the 50-80 range (like it used to on newbie geared players) then yes quest exp would be reasonable. The problem is in the length of time it'd take to complete one of those quests, you could normally gain 3-4 levels just in eden gear. "one off" quests should give slightly better exp/hour than leveling normally because theres extra time involved anyway like finding quest regents and reading the guide.

Edited by Hrothmund, 24 August 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#24 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:36 AM

Can you ask him what the hell he expects us to do? We're not all asian gamers who love to sit and kill the same monster 5000x to get one level.

What's with you and Asians? I'm an Asian and I don't like the grind one bit.

#25 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

thats because your a western Asian, you dont count. /kidding /orami

its a culture thing when you look at the differences between core eastern MMO's and core western MMO's and their players.

Edited by Hrothmund, 24 August 2011 - 02:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users