New Origins Release Date Announcement and Upcoming Game Balances - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Origins Release Date Announcement and Upcoming Game Balances

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#1 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

It is my great pleasure to announce the newest expansion to come to Dragon Saga SEPTEMBER 1st ... <br><b><u>New Origins: Into the Darkness!</b></u><br><br>Posted Image<br>A great darkness has covered the land of Dragon Saga and the world as you knew it has changed. Continents have shifted and a whole new race, Dragonkin, have appeared to help the Dragon Fellowship during their darkest time. <br><br>Will you rise to fight this Darkness?<br><br>Are you brave enough to challenge Elga, the Dark Dragon Lord?<br><br>Posted Image<br>With the coming update are several game Balances that will come into effect. These changes have been part of an ongoing discussion with Gravity Games, based on feedback collected from you, the players. If you have any feedback you would like to provide us regarding these changes or other changes please post it here. <br><br><b>Game Balances</b><br><br><u>Skill Changes:</u><br>Posted Image<br><br>-Aim Rate Soulcraft Options will be doubled for accessories.<br><br>-All Fire and Water Guardian Set items will be changed back to their previous stat bonuses that were originally received during THQ*ICE. The changes to the new bonuses was a bug.<br><br><u>Fire Guardian Set:</u><li> Fire Guardian Helm </li><li>Fire Guardian Top</li><li>Fire Guardian Bottom</li><li>Fire Guardian Shoulders</li><li>Fire Guardian Gloves</li><li>Fire Guardian Shoes</li><li>Fire Guardian Backpack</li><br><u>Water Guardian Set:</u><li>Water Guardian Helm</li><li>Water Guardian Top</li><li>Water Guardian Bottom</li><li>Water Guardian Shoulders</li><li>Water Guardian Gloves</li><li>Water Guardian Shoes</li><li>Water Guardian Backpack</li><br>Due to the amount of time it has taken to correct this bug, we will be offering all player that currently own a piece of the above gear, 2 W-Coin, 8 Soul Box (contains 999souls), and 2 50g Pouches per piece of gear currently on the character.Character must have items in inventory to received these items. Equipped and pieces in Vault will not earn these items.<br><br><u>Production System: </u>(More to be addressed during New Origins Update)<br>- Soulcraft (Option) Expander modified to not be applied in PvP Areas (PvP, Battlesquare, Emporia). The display will still show the Option Expanded rate in these zones, but the function is disabled.<br>- Result of Soul Extractor Capsules to show the correct stat after the Soulcraft Option has been extracted from an item.<br><br>Also many have asked why we have delayed our update to other partners, the reason for this is they have broken the update into two chunks. However we have decided to release this patch as one big one instead. Allowing players to taste both the Twin fighter and the Shaman.<br> Trailer:

#2 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

first!

#3 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

I havent read it but guess Im first and all I have to say is WOHO!

nvm, ethernal the troll was first :<

Wait so, guardian sets goin to be nerfed? ... wtf I invest a lot in them! like 20kg!!

Edited by Astronix, 24 August 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#4 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

-All Fire and Water Guardian Set items will be changed back to their previous stat bonuses that were originally received during THQ*ICE. The changes to the new bonuses was a bug.<br>
<br>
<u>Fire Guardian Set:</u>
<li> Fire Guardian Helm </li>
<li>Fire Guardian Top</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Bottom</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Shoulders</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Gloves</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Shoes</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Backpack</li>
<br>
<u>Water Guardian Set:</u>
<li>Water Guardian Helm</li>
<li>Water Guardian Top</li>
<li>Water Guardian Bottom</li>
<li>Water Guardian Shoulders</li>
<li>Water Guardian Gloves</li>
<li>Water Guardian Shoes</li>
<li>Water Guardian Backpack</li>
<br>
Due to the amount of time it has taken to correct this bug, we will be offering all player that currently own a piece of the above gear, 1W-Coin and 1 Soul Box per piece of gear currently on the character.

so no more uber stats in our sets D:?

I havent read it but guess Im first and all I have to say is WOHO!

nvm, ethernal the troll was first :<

you got owned :blaugh:

#5 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

-All Fire and Water Guardian Set items will be changed back to their previous stat bonuses that were originally received during THQ*ICE. The changes to the new bonuses was a bug.

Translation: We decided we want more money from W-coin sales.

SMH

#6 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Thanks.

Tons of people going to barge in here and scream in a bit though.

#7 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

Thanks.

Tons of people going to barge in here and scream in a bit though.

LET THE COMPLAIN BEGIN!

#8 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

I look forward to playing as a fighter and beating up on those poor dragoons Posted Image

#9 wahehehe

wahehehe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

Been waiting so long for this! Thanks a ton!

On a side note, how exactly are the guardian pieces nerfed? I don't remember the THQ stats so if anyone could clarify that'd help.

#10 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1553 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

Also just to clarify, we will be releasing BOTH parts of the New Origins update at one, which includes both new classes not just one.

#11 braingle

braingle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in dragon saga
  • Server:yummy yummy pi(e)

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

Finally!!!

#12 Bhreemon

Bhreemon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Else
  • Server:that other one :D

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

-All Fire and Water Guardian Set items will be changed back to their previous stat bonuses that were originally received during THQ*ICE. The changes to the new bonuses was a bug.<br>
<br>
<u>Fire Guardian Set:</u>
<li> Fire Guardian Helm </li>
<li>Fire Guardian Top</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Bottom</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Shoulders</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Gloves</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Shoes</li>
<li>Fire Guardian Backpack</li>
<br>
<u>Water Guardian Set:</u>
<li>Water Guardian Helm</li>
<li>Water Guardian Top</li>
<li>Water Guardian Bottom</li>
<li>Water Guardian Shoulders</li>
<li>Water Guardian Gloves</li>
<li>Water Guardian Shoes</li>
<li>Water Guardian Backpack</li>
<br>
Due to the amount of time it has taken to correct this bug, we will be offering all player that currently own a piece of the above gear, 1W-Coin and 1 Soul Box per piece of gear currently on the character

Been waiting so long for this! Thanks a ton!

On a side note, how exactly are the guardian pieces nerfed? I don't remember the THQ stats so if anyone could clarify that'd help.

dear gawd...

first off there were no stats in THQ.
NONE.
i want to know who's bright idea this was. i cannot even fathom the level of rage this is going to bring about.
1w coin and a soul box seems like a pittance in comparison for a "bug" that's been in place for well over a year.
why is it that when something gets screwed up there's always a painfully convenient "bug" to blame for it? all i can say is i hope you're ready for the torrent of "displeasure" this "fix" is going to bring about...
brace yourself...

Edited by Bhreemon, 24 August 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#13 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:28 PM

Also just to clarify, we will be releasing BOTH parts of the New Origins update at one, which includes both new classes not just one.

And the level 80 cap as well? :blaugh:

#14 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

RE: guardian sets.

If it was a bug as you claim does this mean you are going to fix the guardian medals? because they used to have stats on them on THQ and since the move to warp the stats on the medal was removed.

Also what about the equips from the mixboard with extra stats on them are they are bug that is going to be removed too?

(p.s. 1 w coin and a soul box is stuff all)

-Aim Rate Soulcraft Options will be doubled for accessories.

and now stacking any evade for PvP is pointless because anyone with just a little aim will be able to hit anyway grats you took a problem and reversed it rather than fix it.

Edited by EnderW, 24 August 2011 - 10:39 PM.

#15 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2123 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!!

#16 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

a compensation should be like 20 soul boxes per piece, and its still low!
is soul craft options goin to stay?

Edited by Astronix, 24 August 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#17 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

OMG U ROCK...

GG for guardian pieces.

#18 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1553 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

dear gawd...

first off there were no stats in THQ.
NONE.
i want to know who's bright idea this was. i cannot even fathom the level of rage this is going to bring about.
1w coin and a soul box seems like a pittance in comparison for a "bug" that's been in place for well over a year.
why is it that when something gets screwed up there's always a painfully convenient "bug" to blame for it? all i can say is i hope you're ready for the torrent of "displeasure" this "fix" is going to bring about...
brace yourself...

We've called it a bug since we found out these changes were made without our knowledge, these cahnges were never our intention and caused major imbalances ingame. Unforutantely its taken this long for Gravity Games to give us a fix, as they were working on more major issues.

And the level 80 cap as well? :blaugh:

Yes that will come as well, and so much more!

#19 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

This week's worth of enduring is made better by the fact that I will have a +20 Blizz Muffler to kick off New Origins with. Life is wonderful!

#20 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hastur, I beg to you to reconsider our old offer, if you are goin to change it, I think they are goin to be useless now, so why no change it for a angel/devil set if the player wants??

#21 VenusY

VenusY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:42 PM

[quote name='Hastur' timestamp='1314257588' post='535533']
We've called it a bug since we found out these changes were made without our knowledge, these cahnges were never our intention and caused major imbalances ingame. Unforutantely its taken this long for Gravity Games to give us a fix, as they were working on more major issues.

I've been fooled. It grind my aas out to make gold and bought my guardian piece by piece off the market which cost me 2345923572355 g in total,artifact them and +15 them, planning to +20 it in near future... AND .... let me QQ .....brb

#22 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:43 PM

So will the fix mean fixing the guardian medals that also came with the sets? (they used to have stats and since the move to warpportal had the stats removed)

#23 Purpleberi

Purpleberi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationVenusY's house

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

-All Fire and Water Guardian Set items will be changed back to their previous stat bonuses that were originally received during THQ*ICE. The changes to the new bonuses was a bug.

I guess the good new isn't enough to outweigh the bad new..... sosad2day =(

#24 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1553 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

So will the fix mean fixing the guardian medals that also came with the sets? (they used to have stats and since the move to warpportal had the stats removed)

I do not believe that was included in what i posted, so no this fix will not effect the Guardian Medals. As to whether the stats will be returned to them, i am unsure but i can say it has been forwarded to the Dev Team.

#25 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

I do not believe that was included in what i posted, so no this fix will not effect the Guardian Medals. As to whether the stats will be returned to them, i am unsure but i can say it has been forwarded to the Dev Team.

Well the stats should be returned to them...you are after all fixing "bugs" right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users