• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 ilonesoul

ilonesoul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

I say introduce a stun in golgon's punch because monsters often attack u even in his presence and it can be used in pvp too. Make summons follow u almost constantly.
Secondly rolling marble should roll for a longer time, duration is small and cast time should be reduced too.
Fix the bird and give it real slow heal abilities.

#52 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

I think it'd be interesting if Golgon had a passive that made PvE mobs aggro around him.

#53 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

A provoke skill would be very in-tune with what Golgon is designed to do. As it is his high HP is almost completely useless in PvE because it's so high, and advertised as the defensive summon it would make him much more appealing to summon over Mists, if he could conveniently gather mobs to himself and absorb some blows. It would need a short duration like the Dragoon provoke skill because it would lead too far into OPhood with a lengthy duration.

#54 JustinLe

JustinLe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

I say introduce a stun in golgon's punch because monsters often attack u even in his presence and it can be used in pvp too. Make summons follow u almost constantly.
Secondly rolling marble should roll for a longer time, duration is small and cast time should be reduced too.
Fix the bird and give it real slow heal abilities.

a more effective slow heal would be nice for blesser pve wise....but if ur planning to use blesser in pvp then its gunna cause alot of problems since healing in general in pvp is cheap

Edited by JustinLe, 01 December 2011 - 11:34 AM.

#55 funinfrance

funinfrance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Mmm, I would like to propose that for our skills that have cast times perhaps they should be given a -.5 sec cast time and instead work like... Well like how protoss in starcraft summon buildings and they come down after a certain amount of time. So like our skills would have a "summon time" however we can move once we place where the skill is going to be. So instead of summoner playing more offensively once our skills get reduced cast times, we still play defensively since our skills would act more like traps. >.< Just an idea... Hope it makes sense XD

#56 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

.5 is too much. At max, I would say 0.2-0.3 at max, but as a passive for our 4th class skill.

#57 HavocInfinity

HavocInfinity

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Cast time reduction makes Rolling Stone and Spell Trap almost instant (with 4 summons Rolling Stone has no cooldown). Their new Elemental Storm has no cast time at 4 summons as well. This allows them to easily disable opponents in PvP... and they already have Nation Fury, why add 11% more final MATK (not to mention it only costs 30 SP)? And that last summon is powerful as hell lol...

#58 hermesd

hermesd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hey guys i just want to point out that Energy circulations only affects cast time and not cool down. And Dark Knight summon does not count on energy circulation i have tested it. 3 summons is enough to instant cast rolling stone and spell trap. I know the latest reply was from March 2012 but this may mislead some people thinking to get 4 summons to have no cooldown.

#59 HOGAKE94

HOGAKE94

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hi i'm player from the french server. I haven't good english sorry.
Our players think shaman is a good class with 2 main problems :
- Spell trap : During this skill ennemy can escape with skill (barricade) or attack, we think this possibility must be removed.
- Resistance and defense : Summons have many hp but low resistance and defense we think summons must have same defense when they have same stat def and mdef than shaman and more resist when they have more def because they can't dodge skill.
Thanks !

#60 KJam

KJam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:27 AM

I found a bug.

If 'extended' chain combo is on, and smart shot is being used, the 4th set of balls doesn't hit or do any damage. It just passes right through them. This effectively reduces DPS by a quarter.

#61 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:37 PM

If 'extended' chain combo is on, and smart shot is being used, the 4th set of balls doesn't hit or do any damage. It just passes right through them. This effectively reduces DPS by a quarter.

Confirmed. It doesn't reduce their DPS much though, since players usually cancel the chain after the first ~ third shot of the four.

And, well. Without canceling, they still deal a freaking huge amount of damage;

#62 KJam

KJam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:13 PM

Confirmed. It doesn't reduce their DPS much though, since players usually cancel the chain after the first ~ third shot of the four.

And, well. Without canceling, they still deal a freaking huge amount of damage;

Do you mean they just don't use the next attack, or is there some fancy cancel thing that makes you attack quicker?

​I usually do all 4 endlessly on bosses while my golgon tanks. :P

#63 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

Pressing a direction key, for example, cancels the whole combo and lets you fire the first shot again. Pressing X rapidly while tapping two movement keys ( <- and -> for example) lets you attack a bit faster than pressing solely the X key does.

And, well, you don't lose this fourth shot since you don't fire it !

#64 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:32 PM

I noticed that my EM's damage was coming in "bursts" even though he was firing constantly. I'm glad you folks brought this up. I can imagine it would be very difficult to fix any time soon. I wouldn't want to be the one looking for it in the game's code! We're lucky that the class is so powerful even without it, eh? :P

#65 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

Aren't the bursts from critical damage? Or you spamming x and the initial burst of attacks that first reach the target, or before the monster spawns and you deal a burst since they all hit at once near the enemy? The enemies health bar sometimes won't budge if you hit it and if you follow up with the next attack even if it doesn't deal much damage it still "Chunks" to show that the health bar is indeed moving.

Edited by Agitodesu, 21 December 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#66 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:29 PM

It comes from the 4th attack of the combo not doing anything.

#67 KJam

KJam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:05 PM

Pressing a direction key, for example, cancels the whole combo and lets you fire the first shot again. Pressing X rapidly while tapping two movement keys ( <- and -> for example) lets you attack a bit faster than pressing solely the X key does.

And, well, you don't lose this fourth shot since you don't fire it !

Oh cool :). I tried it and it kinda works, as in it does work but it's tough to do it right all the time. It's also a huge pain to kepp rapidly pressing.

​Yes the 'burst' is from the 4th set not hitting. 

#68 Adgi9d0gid90gd9g

Adgi9d0gid90gd9g

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:28 AM

Maybe bug, Smart shot don't give me points in every dungeon. I clear all on F. But if i use X button without this skill, i clear on SSS again. Need fix.

#69 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:37 AM

No fix needed on the game's side, but you might look at the points gauge filling itself up when you're attacking monsters in mission map mode.

#70 Adgi9d0gid90gd9g

Adgi9d0gid90gd9g

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

No fix needed on the game's side, but you might look at the points gauge filling itself up when you're attacking monsters in mission map mode.

When i attack with only X - my rank SSS

When i attack with Smart shot and X - rank F-D

Smart shot with bug, because this just upgrade my X attack. Why my rank F?

#71 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:31 AM

https://forums.warpp...farm/?p=2378916

LOOK at this bloody gauge. Try and use your brain for only a minute. I can understand that some people need up to a few minutes to figure some things I have to think about for a few seconds (not everyone has the same understanding in every area), but you're really pushing it.

If you can't read or don't want to understand, just let that aside and stop posting about it. And if you have any will to get what's going on, you already were told quite a few times by a few different players how you should proceed.

#72 Adgi9d0gid90gd9g

Adgi9d0gid90gd9g

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:44 AM

https://forums.warpp...farm/?p=2378916

LOOK at this bloody gauge. Try and use your brain for only a minute. I can understand that some people need up to a few minutes to figure some things I have to think about for a few seconds (not everyone has the same understanding in every area), but you're really pushing it.

If you can't read or don't want to understand, just let that aside and stop posting about it. And if you have any will to get what's going on, you already were told quite a few times by a few different players how you should proceed.

You just troll. I talk about problem with this skill. Repeat:

Smart shot add another 3 shots to X, with that i must earn SSS quilcky than with normal X. But i earn only F.

#73 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:52 AM

Homurasan is not trolling and popcorn a staff, of the development team, also said that this is not a bug, nor will be changed. Please understand.

#74 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:21 AM

You just troll. I talk about problem with this skill. Repeat:

Smart shot add another 3 shots to X, with that i must earn SSS quilcky than with normal X. But i earn only F.

First of all you got the answer several times now, from Homurasan, from Agitodesu, from me and others.

And please stop posting in big letters only to force everyone to notice you. We all can read and understand perfectly fine. It seems the only one who can't or is not willing to is you regarding this matter :)

Once again: This - and who's telling you is me again - as Agitodesu said, Staff and part of the dev team - is not a bug and there is no need to fix anything. In easy words: It stays as it is.

And now please stop to complain about this in different topics over and over again, otherwise I sadly feel the need to force you to stop posting. Consider this as a warning. Thank you.

#75 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:21 PM

I think this comes down to two major things that are (and I guess will be for a sizable amount of time) unfair in pve:

1. Some classes, mainly summoners and to a lesser degree invokers, have much higher dps then others. Now while in other,let's say more resourceful games and companys devs have done hard work to make this sort of a system work by giving the classes with lower dps other advantages, like higher burst, heals or buffs, I feel that kind of system is not possible in a very arcady game such as Dragon Saga. As such all classes should have about equal damage, maybe with small changes to account for the fore mentioned other advantages some classes might have. This unbalance already effects the games economy when it comes to elga items. Most importantly this is something the team will have to tackle before maybe someday releasing some new end game content, since a new and even harder boss would be exclusively summoner domain with the way things are now.

2. The fact that the x-spam doesn't make rank is an issue too, and more to the point the fact that the skill kit of at least invokers is minimal, can't speak for summoners since I never played them (they have a few nice skills on lvl 20 already, that I know). This makes it harder to find a gold farm party, harder to farm on your own and harder to do those pesky S-rank quests. Now you might think it would be unfair to reward for just pressing one button but I think that since these classes were clearly built for it and chances are that if you play invoker/summoner you do enjoy the less active style, they should have it. Often I hear people say that invokers and summoners are not fun because you merely x-spam, but some people rather do that then play a fast paced class. I think those people are in the minority though, so even if an easy way to gain rank was equally good to a harder way, I don't think there would be some kind of a wave of people suddenly wanting to play invokers or summoners because of this. I even think it's cool that people with perhaps some sort of limitations to the movement of their hands or fingers can still play this game because of these 2 classes being so dependent on that.

Now obviously these two are tied together, it would be unfair to let these classes rank on x-spam when it deals as much damage as it does. Still, while not a bug, I do feel this is an issue of some, perhaps not too important, degree.

EDIT: So much bad grammar, I did like 8 edits on this one, probably my record.

Edited by Precrush, 19 January 2016 - 02:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users