103 replies to this topic

#1 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:47 PM

We will be opening up this thread for people to voice their opinion regarding Twin Fighter.

If you have an issue with class balance, please post it here.

A skill which you feel could be better? please post it here.

A known bug or issue with the class? please post it here.

#2 BloodWave

BloodWave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

you'd think the melee attacks would be faster

#3 HiRyan

HiRyan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 901 posts
  • LocationIn your pants
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

i agree the melee should be a bit faster

#4 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

you'd think the melee attacks would be faster

Get ASPD.

#5 Clouse

Clouse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:43 AM

why is it gender locked? i would rather be melle than magic ANY day but y not just make both new classes capable for both genders

#6 MelonGuyXD

MelonGuyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationIn the Melon Trees

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

why is it gender locked? i would rather be melle than magic ANY day but y not just make both new classes capable for both genders

Because Prinz commanded it that way. He's so smexy <3

On topic: Probably has to do with storylines. Or maybe lorewise, Twin fighter trainers refused to teach males and Shaman trainers refused to teach females. They MIGHT make Female Shaman and Male Twin fighter one day, but don't get your hopes up.

*EDIT* And if you wanna play a class, don't let gender be an influence. I'm a Fighter and having a great time, and I'm a male in real life. If you're one of those who refuses to play female toons, then you might wanna get used to Shamans.

Edited by MelonGuyXD, 05 September 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#7 Delusive

Delusive

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMyHome

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

After knocking down an enemy, when they get back up they take no damage or combo hits making it incredibly tough to get Legend of Combo. I'm not sure if this goes for Summoner as well. Anyway, I'd like to see this fixed. I want to run faster.

#8 MelonGuyXD

MelonGuyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

After knocking down an enemy, when they get back up they take no damage or combo hits making it incredibly tough to get Legend of Combo. I'm not sure if this goes for Summoner as well. Anyway, I'd like to see this fixed. I want to run faster.

It happens to Summoners also. Their summons can also make your mobs bug so they can hit you, but you can't hit them.

#9 Vynark2

Vynark2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:37 AM

my twin takes to long to get up in pvp when shes knocked down....

Edited by Vynark2, 05 September 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#10 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

my twin takes to long to get up in pvp when shes knocked down....

You can get her back by using the fusion skill but sometimes she's just stuck there on the ground. I wonder if it's intentional making her lazy to get up?

Edited by necoconeco, 05 September 2011 - 11:58 AM.

#11 Vynark2

Vynark2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

i find it kinda annoying really.....

#12 dizzydom

dizzydom

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

is twin fighter more pve or pvp character? i would like to play PvE char and can't decide between twin fighter or pathfinder...

#13 DarkstalkerX

DarkstalkerX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Wyvern blade

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Having a big influence from RO's champion class, I really was anxious to try the twin fighters. To me, real melee is done with one's fists :P.

I feel the concept of the class is good, and it became kinda fun once I started doing missions and getting gear. It's safe to say it's not a class that one loves the moment you start it, especially after playing so many levels a warrior class (in my case.) Aside from that, it seems the twin fighters have really awkward skill delays, slow skill animations, and most of all, positioning issues. Half the skills done miss the target when you're clearly lined up with only a few pixels difference, even to the point of doing regular x attacks on the air. Even the good skills like the 8 hit kicking (I'm going to dub it "Incoming Twin" for the hell of it) need for the enemy to stay in the same spot for the whole duration to do any reliable damage, which makes it kind of a pain to even think about this class as a potential pvp user.

#14 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

Having a big influence from RO's champion class, I really was anxious to try the twin fighters. To me, real melee is done with one's fists :P.

I feel the concept of the class is good, and it became kinda fun once I started doing missions and getting gear. It's safe to say it's not a class that one loves the moment you start it, especially after playing so many levels a warrior class (in my case.) Aside from that, it seems the twin fighters have really awkward skill delays, slow skill animations, and most of all, positioning issues. Half the skills done miss the target when you're clearly lined up with only a few pixels difference, even to the point of doing regular x attacks on the air. Even the good skills like the 8 hit kicking (I'm going to dub it "Incoming Twin" for the hell of it) need for the enemy to stay in the same spot for the whole duration to do any reliable damage, which makes it kind of a pain to even think about this class as a potential pvp user.

I'd be willing to highly disagree with this. While it may seem this way at first, it's really a matter of timing your skills in the right way. It certainly requires a great deal of skill compared to many classes, but the hitboxes on most skills--like "Incoming Twin"--are rather generous and function similar to a Knight's Broom Jab or a Ninja's Violent Blow. There is also a grand amount of DPS in Rolling Grable and Rising Drop Kick.

For PvP I'd say there a pretty good force to deal with. The double targets can be nasty if played properly and the class has a variety of skills and buffs that would frustrate many players. They are capable of dealing high damage and seemingly reaching almost Ninja-level evade.

#15 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:48 AM

Uh uh. PvPed around ~15 matches. This happened twice:

The twin would "die" and just get stuck at one spot in standing position. Wouldn't follow me, unable to use any twin active skills.

Edited by Kazra, 06 September 2011 - 12:48 AM.

#16 DarkstalkerX

DarkstalkerX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

Well, I'm not going to say I didn't like the class. And I do agree half the issues is getting timings right, but I insist that skill animation delays are to be revised. Easiest example I can give you is the dashing x command. Unless I've patched wrong and the twins are faster than what I'm playing them, you'll notice certain stiffness in that. I'm also certain that isn't an attack speed issue, either.

#17 MelonGuyXD

MelonGuyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

Well, at least we don't have that Shaman bug where only your summons can attack mobs.

#18 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

It might be nice to have a skill to summon your twin to you, like the summoner's Gather.

#19 DarkstalkerX

DarkstalkerX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

I get that sometimes. I just cheap my way out of it and quickly toggle Fusion on/off to have the twin right next to me.

#20 Scientificate

Scientificate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

Because Prinz commanded it that way. He's so smexy <3

On topic: Probably has to do with storylines. Or maybe lorewise, Twin fighter trainers refused to teach males and Shaman trainers refused to teach females. They MIGHT make Female Shaman and Male Twin fighter one day, but don't get your hopes up.

*EDIT* And if you wanna play a class, don't let gender be an influence. I'm a Fighter and having a great time, and I'm a male in real life. If you're one of those who refuses to play female toons, then you might wanna get used to Shamans.

But, they already have some sprites of the alternate genders released.

http://img.playdrago...Race/class3.jpg
http://img.playdrago...Race/class4.jpg

Male gemini and female summoner, unless I'm mistaken. Please tell me I'm not. I've been holding off making my summoner until they release some estrogen.

Edited by Scientificate, 06 September 2011 - 11:08 PM.

#21 grenadier42

grenadier42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCRAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN
  • Server:yourmom

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

But, they already have some sprites of the alternate genders released.

http://img.playdrago...Race/class3.jpg
http://img.playdrago...Race/class4.jpg

Male gemini and female summoner, unless I'm mistaken. Please tell me I'm not. I've been holding off making my summoner until they release some estrogen.

ohgodtwinfightershnnnnnnnngggggggggggg<3

#22 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

http://www.playdrago...ses_shaman.aspx
http://www.playdrago...winfighter.aspx

Female and Male -looking, respectively.

#23 rumples

rumples

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

Can you macro a twin skill and your main skill? I tried to macro [MC]Rocket Blow and then Tornado Spin but it doesn't work. Rocket Blow never activates and Tornado Spin activates a few seconds later. When I run and activate the macro, my character stops responding to all movement keys.

#24 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:43 AM

If you die from an attack that causes the electric shock graphic effect, (i.e Rolling Stinger, Spark Rock, Tesla Coil, Fire Symbol, etc) Your twin will disappear until you are hit by a second attack that causes the electric shock graphic effect.

#25 wizard898

wizard898

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

Using power fist (and hitting a target) seems to give me a server error almost every time. Does using it in combination with light speed have anything to do with it?

Edit: Not just powerfist

Edited by wizard898, 13 September 2011 - 01:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users