#1 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:37 PM

Maybe adda rule about these being English speaking forums and that English is the language that should be used on these boards (with the exception of the guild hall). Maybe, just maybe there will be less trolling and arguing with ppl who lack the courtesy to talk so that the majority of ppl can understand them.

(like lately with the hispanic part njanjanjajanjajanjanja)

Edited by XRay, 29 August 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:40 PM

Common sense on a forum? Nonsense!

#3 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationCancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • Server:-_- YOU GRAVITY

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Maybe adda rule about these being English speaking forums and that English is the language that should be used on these boards (with the exception of the guild hall). Maybe, just maybe there will be less trolling and arguing with the hispanic ppl who lack the courtesy to talk so ppl that aren't hispanic understand them.

you beat me i was about to post something like this

#4 EphraimWitchwood

EphraimWitchwood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAt my computer. Like, all the time.

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

Maybe adda rule about these being English speaking forums and that English is the language that should be used on these boards (with the exception of the guild hall). Maybe, just maybe there will be less trolling and arguing with the hispanic ppl who lack the courtesy to talk so ppl that aren't hispanic understand them.

Not to be racist, but +1

#5 Baron

Baron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:46 PM

Not to be racist, but +1

someones language isn't a race

#6 EphraimWitchwood

EphraimWitchwood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

No, but some would consider Latino/Hispanic a race, so I was just covering that.

#7 Baron

Baron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

No, but some would consider Latino/Hispanic a race, so I was just covering that.

more than Latino/Hispanic speak Spanish, and have been on the forums. English only means no Romanian/Russian/German ect too.
imho i would say English only, even in guild hall. the game itself is in English so chances are you know some if your playing.

#8 EphraimWitchwood

EphraimWitchwood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:10 PM

more than Latino/Hispanic speak Spanish, and have been on the forums. English only means no Romanian/Russian/German ect too.
imho i would say English only, even in guild hall. the game itself is in English so chances are you know some if your playing.

Hadn't even thought of that. >.<

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:04 AM

Lol, and other people dont post in other languages? i see more posts in german or russian than spanish. Pluss, dont know a language isnt lack of courtesy. If someone see a post in another language, then try to translate it to help that person: delete the post is only invite the rest of the world to dont play the game.

The guild section and the support section shouldnt have language restriction.

What they should prevent is trolls, and not people that dont know a language: the right thing to do when someone make a thread in another language is to translate it for them, in the best posible way. If is a legit thread then i dont see the problem, and if is a troll thread then it should be delete as the rest.

Edited by Nadesh, 28 August 2010 - 04:09 AM.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:21 AM

Yes, but sadly i only see this kind of posts against spanish posts and not to germans, frenchs, italians or russians. So, it is at least discrimination.

#11 Baron

Baron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

the way i see it is, ONE guy can translate it, the one posting it, or EVERYONE who doesn't speak it can translate it. it just seems logical to me to limit the amount of work and make the ONE do it

#12 MeCCa

MeCCa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Yes, but sadly i only see this kind of posts against spanish posts and not to germans, frenchs, italians or russians. So, it is at least discrimination.

+1 this subject was never brought up b4 when there was loads of threads involving these languages.? all iv seen is ignorance lately with this language battle in all the threads from both sides... If i wanna talk to a friend in a language that i feel more comfortable using then i will, if i wanna talk to someone that speaks only english, then ofc im gonna speak so they can understand.

If they make language restrictions , minus well just make it a US only game,and restrict everyone out of US

#13 Baron

Baron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

If i wanna talk to a friend in a language that i feel more comfortable using then i will

If they make language restrictions , minus well just make it a US only game,and restrict everyone out of US

use pm's?
more than u.s. speak english

Edited by Baron, 28 August 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#14 MeCCa

MeCCa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

use pm's?
more than u.s. speak english

ignore the post if u dont understand it? most chances are that it wasnt for u, if u want to fulfill your nosiness, there is always google translator. trolling is the same as speaking another language.

#15 Baron

Baron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

ignore the post if u dont understand it? most chances are that it wasnt for u, if u want to fulfill your nosiness, there is always google translator. trolling is the same as speaking another language.

that limits the amount of help someone would get from a post, what if i cant even tell whats language it is to translate it? what if mods cant tell? what if it breaks Terms of Service?
and EVERYONE who doesn't understand using translator vs the ONE guy who posted using it seems obvious to me which makes more sense

#16 MeCCa

MeCCa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

you obviously just want to be nosy

#17 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

BTW, FTW on dis thread, dis is not english.

This is...
"By the way, for the win on this thread, this is English."

The other one is short-hand English, which is different. :blink:

#18 Baron

Baron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

BTW, FTW on dis thread, dis is not english.

This is...
"By the way, for the win on this thread, this is English."

The other one is short-hand English, which is different. :blink:

the slang of a language is still the same language. if this game was french i'd want everyone to speak french. the game is english. hastur has already said to speak english. talking to a group as a whole in a language most dont understand is rude and will get you nowhere. this is not against the spanish speakers only, i'm personally tired of romanian and german too.

btw, epic spell check says to capitalize spanish/german/english/romanian and to NOT capitalize french. lmao

#19 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:09 AM

das wäre mal ne gute idee , auch wenns lustig war nervts doch irgentwie. jajaja neinneinnein vielleichtvielleichtvielelicht und so weiter

#20 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Well if Hastur already said it, then if you post as another language, post at your own risk :blink:

I'm from the US (not Arizona), where there isn't a national language.
So for me, it don't bother me.
It just means that if I'm lazy, I won't translate your language and probably won't help you.

#21 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

Hastur
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted 6/15/2008 6:32 PM (#67722 - in reply to #67404)
Subject: Re: A space for Spanish-speaking? Plz!...

Community Manager

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Enough with the other language bashing. That is completely unnecessary, simply put this is an English speaking game, with English forums, as such we ask that you only post in English. This helps to ensure the majority of the community can understand and not feel left out. We ask that if you need to speak in another language that you at least include a rough translation of what you are trying to say. We are not preventing anyone from playing the game from around the world, however we do ask that you please speak in English when on the forums.

#22 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

http://translate.goo...t=&sl=en&tl=en#

#23 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

The thing is simple, what hastur said is fine, but something different is to make it a RULE and delete the posts that arnt in english. I will talk about the support section, most people post there 1 time and only in that thread, because they seek help, and they want to solve their problem and probably wont make another thread or post in another place. This people may not know enlgish very well, and dont even know the rule to post in enlgish. The best someone could do is make the translation for them, and in second place, explain them that they should use a translator, because they will be able to get more help in that way.

Now, the 2nd thing is that i only see this kind of threads complaining about spanish, and dont see this when people use other languages, wich is clearly discrimination. If someone have something against spanish people, then good for them, but i am sure that bring it to the forums break much more the rules than speak in another language.

#24 Baron

Baron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

I'm from the US (not Arizona), where there isn't a national language.

US HAS a national language. its English.

#25 MeCCa

MeCCa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

US HAS a national language. its English.

Wrong, the US does not have an official language

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users