Alt+1/2/3 to change skillbars not working on AZERTY keyboards - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Alt+1/2/3 to change skillbars not working on AZERTY keyboards

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

As topic says, Alt+1/2/3 does nothing on AZERTY keyboards

You have to understand that, to be able to use the 1/2/3 that are above the letters on a keyboard, we have to use Shift on AZERTY keyboards.

Look at the picture below, characters colored in red require the use of the Shift key in order to be typed.
So, as you can see, unlike with QWERTY keyboards, on AZERTY keyboards we have to use Shift to type 1/2/3.

azerty+qwerty.jpg

So actually I should say: Alt+&, Alt+é© and Alt+" don't change skillbars on AZERTY keyboards
But you get what I mean... &/é/" are just the same keys as 1/2/3

It should be possible to make the Alt+1/2/3 skillbar shortcut work on any keyboard (QWERTY, AZERTY or other), just look at the code used to select avatars in the avatar selection place: on AZERTY keyboards, we can type &, é, ", ', ( and it will select the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th avatar (respectively) just fine.

Or you can look at the code used to choose NPC answers: again, we can type &, é, ", ', (, -, è, _, ç, à  to select the corresponding answer, without any problem.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention:
Alt+Shift+&, Alt+Shift+é and Alt+Shift+" do nothing too (and those shortcuts would be quite crappy anyway)

Edited by Niluje, 03 September 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#2 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:leonis

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

totally need to be fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users