Patchesse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew South Wales
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:58 AM

Edit: removed wrong info.

There is an official RWC page in facebook.
The finals would be held at October but I have not heard of who will represent iRO.

Edited by Patchesse, 14 September 2011 - 04:16 AM.

#5 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

Asia always has us beat <_<

#6 Patchesse

Patchesse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew South Wales

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

Asia always has us beat <_<

Like they always did right?
and they kill dolphins for nothing just to celebrate...

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

We never will for reasons that I annot state orwill causes massive drama.

But there's a serious lack of competition on iRO (for the usrc champs to go against in order to improve), that much I can say.

#8 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

And there goes the illusion of iRO being a more PVP/Siege oriented server than all the others xDDD

#9 HyuugaNeji

HyuugaNeji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:15 AM

So really, all the elitist iRO players are scrubs, in the big scheme of things.

Lol.

#10 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:16 AM

Like they always did right?
and they kill dolphins for nothing just to celebrate...

we do?

#11 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

Who killed dolphins? D:

#12 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:37 AM

Denmark people :| so cruel...

#13 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:44 AM

And there goes the illusion of iRO being a more PVP/Siege oriented server than all the others xDDD

Yeah it's a big illusion. The difference is that over there they take pride in grinding thier asses off to one up each other in pvp/woe. Over here people just want to skip the grind to pvp. WoE/pvp here seems more like 1v1v1v1v1v2v1 than anything with remote group coordination, I could be wrong though. Maybe we just suck huge donkey dongs here compared to everyone else, but it wouldn't surprise me given how half assed the people are here.

#14 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

Yeah it's a big illusion. The difference is that over there they take pride in grinding thier asses off to one up each other in pvp/woe. Over here people just want to skip the grind to pvp. WoE/pvp here seems more like 1v1v1v1v1v2v1 than anything with remote group coordination, I could be wrong though. Maybe we just suck huge donkey dongs here compared to everyone else, but it wouldn't surprise me given how half assed the people are here.

True Story........sad but true

#15 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:34 AM

We have the resources, time, and brain just like they do. That the problem is in the Western ways of thinking--who need team work when we already have URB3R L33T gears?

With a little team work and coordination I think we can actually beat them. I'll be cheering for you guys at work.

#16 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

there might be pro lvl individuals, but the community as a whole lack overall.... and for this kind of events, competition is a main issue... the pro lvl individuals dont have enough competition to tune their skills

EDIT: the fact that we do so BAD on RWC might have something to do with kRO not taking seriously any Balance change iRO has to suggest (not that i think any different from kRO, since all the "balance changes" suggested on this forums are down right STUPID)

Edited by cRoc, 14 September 2011 - 06:50 AM.

#17 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

Also, iRO's been playing exclusively with renewal mechanics and classes for some time now, so having RWC in pre-renewal mechanics is a bit of a handicap as well.

Also, looking at our shelf, it appears that we did get fifth place in RWC 2004...so we got that one.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

Also, iRO's been playing exclusively with renewal mechanics and classes for some time now, so having RWC in pre-renewal mechanics is a bit of a handicap as well.

Also, looking at our shelf, it appears that we did get fifth place in RWC 2004...so we got that one.

Who were the teams each year?

#19 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

RWC 7 on 7 PVP does not equate to how siege is done. Our guilds throw more resources at WoE than other versions, IE consumables. We also typically do much more upgrading than other versions do.

What we DON"T do is big cooperative PVP activities, nor do we get the practice between server stuff like East Asia can (timezones are a $*%*@).

We haven't won RWC yet, every year since its return we have gotten closer, last year we had a very strong team, but we had a problem that only 6 could attend, and that 7th team member is so incredibly necessary for a strategy to work that we basically lost before we started.
This year the team is stronger than last year as they have more experience at it and more practicing, plus we will have the scrimmage on October 8th for them to take on all challengers. So of all the years we have gone, this one will be our best shot yet!

Korea, Japan, Thailand have always been strong competitors, Philipines came on strong the year they hosted, and have maintained an above average team since. Those are the teams that are the "look out for" teams that we will have to overcome.

#20 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

RWC 7 on 7 PVP does not equate to how siege is done. Our guilds throw more resources at WoE than other versions, IE consumables. We also typically do much more upgrading than other versions do.

What we DON"T do is big cooperative PVP activities, nor do we get the practice between server stuff like East Asia can (timezones are a $*%*@).

We haven't won RWC yet, every year since its return we have gotten closer, last year we had a very strong team, but we had a problem that only 6 could attend, and that 7th team member is so incredibly necessary for a strategy to work that we basically lost before we started.
This year the team is stronger than last year as they have more experience at it and more practicing, plus we will have the scrimmage on October 8th for them to take on all challengers. So of all the years we have gone, this one will be our best shot yet!

Korea, Japan, Thailand have always been strong competitors, Philipines came on strong the year they hosted, and have maintained an above average team since. Those are the teams that are the "look out for" teams that we will have to overcome.

Not to mention the year my team won, there was like a 2 month delay that summer for passports. 3 people I think ended up not going that were on the team, then to top it off, the connections were extremely laggy.

#21 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

Diety? vincent Jadefrost?

naw Deity won USRC that year and was actually the first guild to get asperika on chaos. As far as i know DC (another chaos guild) got 4th place back in 2004. But i dont think we've won one yet.

#22 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

So really, all the elitist iRO players are scrubs, in the big scheme of things.

Lol.

You can't Pay2Win at RWC, that's why =P

#23 Cydra

Cydra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 605 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie. The best one.

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:00 PM

We have the people to win. Me, Alicesarus, Jabz, Andy C, Mhike, Misery and Carp.

#24 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

We have the people to win. Me, Alicesarus, Jabz, Andy C, Mhike, Misery and Carp.

i have high doubt but well see =p

#25 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

naw Deity won USRC that year and was actually the first guild to get asperika on chaos. As far as i know DC (another chaos guild) got 4th place back in 2004. But i dont think we've won one yet.

yeah there was a server wide announcement about it. i must be mixing up USRC with RWC ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users