LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

Sorry, but I don't think many people are interested in playing pre-renewal mechanics that hardcore anymore. There are those that are pissed with the renewal balance issues that are generally interested, but for the most part it is a step backwards.

On a side note, are pvp driven portions of the game are poor at best. Woe is only 2 times a week, which is the closest we come to concerted guild/team efforts. USRC is ONCE a year. Nothing else really exists. KVM has been killed along with BG with evergrowing replacements for receiving the rewards. So really why pvp outside of woe?

All that aside, I really do wish the best for our team. We have some talented individuals that play RO. But I would like to see more to kindle the competitive side of the game outside of woe. GM hosted GvG, and pvp/kvm/bg usable only consumables for ridiculously low prices. KVM/BG/PVP slim white/blue potion/ale for like 100z ea.

#27 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

lol yeah i took screenies of that <_< when i saw it. I had logged on and was talknig to him and was not expecting that lol.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

yeah there was a server wide announcement about it. i must be mixing up USRC with RWC ....

Deity got first rounded out that year in RWC.

just FYI.

#29 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

Just fyi they didn't.

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

Just fyi they didn't.

Oh no you're right, second round losing 2-0 to korea in 2008.

my bad!

Edited by Xellie, 14 September 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#31 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

i dont think RWC being pre renewal mechanichs is an excuse xD since from the main RWC servers, i dare say that iRO had Pre-Re mechanics the longest xD.... i think this would be the first RWC iRO plays that haz the Pre-Re Mechanics/ Post renewal server duality

#32 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:03 AM

just host more pvp events with pre renewal mechanics. Easier said then done, but thats the best way to get your main team to practice

#33 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

We have the people to win. Me, Alicesarus, Jabz, Andy C, Mhike, Misery and Carp.

Carp is from Philippines so yeah you can win baesd on Heim's assessment on which countries to watch out for.

#34 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

We have the people to win. Me, Alicesarus, Jabz, Andy C, Mhike, Misery and Carp.

That means you're going to sign up for the tourny on Oct 8th right?

#35 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:15 AM

rwc renewal mechanics /go!

#36 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

RWC 7 on 7 PVP does not equate to how siege is done. Our guilds throw more resources at WoE than other versions, IE consumables. We also typically do much more upgrading than other versions do.

What we DON"T do is big cooperative PVP activities, nor do we get the practice between server stuff like East Asia can (timezones are a $*%*@).

We haven't won RWC yet, every year since its return we have gotten closer, last year we had a very strong team, but we had a problem that only 6 could attend, and that 7th team member is so incredibly necessary for a strategy to work that we basically lost before we started.
This year the team is stronger than last year as they have more experience at it and more practicing, plus we will have the scrimmage on October 8th for them to take on all challengers. So of all the years we have gone, this one will be our best shot yet!

Korea, Japan, Thailand have always been strong competitors, Philipines came on strong the year they hosted, and have maintained an above average team since. Those are the teams that are the "look out for" teams that we will have to overcome.

So why do we not have PvP Tournaments once a month? That would actually be a fun event everyone could try and participate in. WP points could be awarded to the winning team or something like that.

#37 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

RWC 7 on 7 PVP does not equate to how siege is done. Our guilds throw more resources at WoE than other versions, IE consumables. We also typically do much more upgrading than other versions do.

What we DON"T do is big cooperative PVP activities, nor do we get the practice between server stuff like East Asia can (timezones are a $*%*@).

We haven't won RWC yet, every year since its return we have gotten closer, last year we had a very strong team, but we had a problem that only 6 could attend, and that 7th team member is so incredibly necessary for a strategy to work that we basically lost before we started.
This year the team is stronger than last year as they have more experience at it and more practicing, plus we will have the scrimmage on October 8th for them to take on all challengers. So of all the years we have gone, this one will be our best shot yet!

Korea, Japan, Thailand have always been strong competitors, Philipines came on strong the year they hosted, and have maintained an above average team since. Those are the teams that are the "look out for" teams that we will have to overcome.

What you should really look out for is whether the team that represents us cheated to qualify. It may or may not have changed who wins but if they are going to practice with their cheat programs, it's a waste of everyones goodwill and even if we won it would be a black mark against us.

#38 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Ya we love practicing all the time just so we can cheat makes sense!

Actually for anyone that wants to the RWC team will be practicing today at 7pm pst you can come watch or if you have a team you can even practice with us if you want.

Edited by Minced, 19 September 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#39 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

I find it sad that you think that. There's videos available to watch all of USRC. GMs were watching. You can't cheat at RWC anyway, so what good would it be to cheat our way there?

#40 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

What you should really look out for is whether the team that represents us cheated to qualify. It may or may not have changed who wins but if they are going to practice with their cheat programs, it's a waste of everyones goodwill and even if we won it would be a black mark against us.

Seriously? You make ignorant assumptions and don't even state what you think they did to cheat?
The thing that sets them apart from almost everyone else is the love for competition and common sense. It's a shame that 95% of the population has the mentality that brute force will win everything for you in RO.

Oh and Minced and Fanatical are also excellent players on WoW too. They must have cheated there also.

Edited by Myzery, 19 September 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

Seriously? You make ignorant assumptions and don't even state what you think they did to cheat?
The thing that sets them apart from almost everyone else is the love for competition and common sense. It's a shame that 95% of the population has the mentality that brute force will win everything for you in RO.

Oh and Minced and Fanatical are also excellent players on WoW too. They must have cheated there also.

So if I told you that 2 people I knew were on the original Deity team with Afrikan and mvped with him spoke out about the cheats that were used by the usrc team and that I have no reason to beleive that Afrikan suddenly wouldn't use them anymore (despite the fact we saw him use such client edits in seige and even more recently on Dan's chaser thing); then that is no credible arguement for believing that something illegit is going on with the team?

Plenty of people made observations during USRC of things that could have potentially been no delay edits.

That's not to say they are cheating now, will cheat or whatever, but you can't give people crap for suspecting it with the history of the people involved.
The team members made that bed for themselves, they really shouldn't qq when someone points it out.

Personally I don't see the point in a tournament vs a team that proved itself to win like repeatedly w/e (legit or otherwise); especially with the way they act during said events. Nice idea for e-sports, but iRO can't carry it off because of the way events are handled.

Edited by Xellie, 19 September 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#42 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

So if I told you that 2 people I knew were on the original Deity team with Afrikan and mvped with him spoke out about the cheats that were used by the usrc team and that I have no reason to beleive that Afrikan suddenly wouldn't use them anymore (despite the fact we saw him use such client edits in seige and even more recently on Dan's chaser thing); then that is no credible arguement for believing that something illegit is going on with the team?

Plenty of people made observations during USRC of things that could have potentially been no delay edits.

That's not to say they are cheating now, will cheat or whatever, but you can't give people crap for suspecting it with the history of the people involved.
The team members made that bed for themselves, they really shouldn't qq when someone points it out.

Personally I don't see the point in a tournament vs a team that proved itself to win like repeatedly w/e (legit or otherwise); especially with the way they act during said events. Nice idea for e-sports, but iRO can't carry it off because of the way events are handled.

I'm not giving him crap about suspecting them. I'm giving him crap for speaking out without even saying what he's accusing them of. Cheating is such a vague term.
I was simply saying that they are all good players and shouldn't need to cheat, but nothing is out of the question. Some people cheat out of laziness or because their friends do it.

The only questionable thing that can be argued unless some proof comes knocking, is letting banned people participate in USRC.
The Dragonsaga contest currently going on won't even let you enter if you you're banned on the forums or in the game.

I hope that you can see where I'm coming from.

#43 Afrikan

Afrikan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

buncha noobs who can't get past first round in USRC or cant even make a team hahahaha. keep hatin and keep postin about me every day of ur life. buncha keyboard warriors who are irrelevant ingame and always have been

#44 Minced

Minced

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

nm

Edited by Minced, 19 September 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#45 imas

imas

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

Our USRC performance wasn't even that great. The team as a whole actually got a lot better since then. What reason do we have to cheat? If you watch the videos you clearly see the other teams getting completely frozen and then killed while being frozen. The animation delays are being cancelled by dancing. It's no secret. If you want, we can even show you how to dance on Sakray and then you guys can come practice versus us. It's not a secret as to how or why we win; the answer you're looking for is "dancing," not "cheating."

Also, have you guys even SEEN the 2008 USRC video when we won on the Deity team? Everyone on that team including myself and Afrikan were complete :D in terms of both strategy and player capabilities. If you think the 2008 team was good, get ready to :D your pants when you see us play October 8th.

- Devo

Edited by imas, 19 September 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#46 Lizbo

Lizbo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

i lold :D

#47 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

get it while its on sale

get it

#48 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Watched the video and couldn't see anything out of the norm.
If they end up winning, are there gonna be accusations of cheating with computers they have never had access to?

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Who knows? All I know is there's a lot of bad blood flying about from former team members and it's hard to have sympathy for the current players because of the incessant trashtalking.

Professional e-sports wouldn't tolerate it. The RO community is too close knit to tolerate it. Nobody wants to be put in that position who actually plays the game.

I don't like the fact that someone who was supposedly banned is heading up a team either, but Heim says Afrikan was never banned, so really if the team want more competition / want people to say less bad :o about them, basically they just gotta make people want to play them. I'm down for playing and making a team, kinda hard tho when people are either "lolro" / "eew afrikan cheats" / "eew devo and minced will just trashtalk us if we don't win and we probably won't because they are on a team with winners for the past 4 years"

Insults don't do it.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like to see things handled more professionally so that other players ... more players will take part. Past behaviour has taken it's toll on the number of people who want to play. But that's been bought upon yourselves. -_-

And don't be MSNing me saying other games allow trashtalking in their livestream events, most other games don't have as small/close a community as RO where that does happen, and in games where online tournaments are big business, most trashtalking in matches is banned. I think it was too here, but there was some pretty blatent disregard for that from certain people.

buncha noobs who can't get past first round in USRC or cant even make a team hahahaha. keep hatin and keep postin about me every day of ur life. buncha keyboard warriors who are irrelevant ingame and always have been

Case n point, who'd wanna play with you? When you have such a bad attitude?

My teams that always have fill ins have ALWAYS made semis at least, btw. so KMA kid.

Edited by Xellie, 20 September 2011 - 05:29 AM.

#50 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

So iRO RWC team trash talks their community, therefore don't have community support for their scrimmages and in the end never win in international competitions? Sounds -_- to me.

Maybe you need a public relations member in your team. lol

Edited by viceroyblue, 20 September 2011 - 08:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users