#1 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Official Tournament Rules:

1. Exploitation of game mechanics is grounds for immediate disqualification.

2. No unsportsmanlike conduct. (Swearing will result in disqualification)

3. Game Masters will have the final call of administration of tournament rules.

4. Arguing with a GM's call in game is grounds for immediate disqualification.

5. Any match exceeding 5 minutes in length will result in immediate disqualification of all players (unless specified otherwise by the GMs).

6. All matches must be played on the Fungoid Yard map, No Item Mode, in a room designated by the GM.

7. Post once and only once on the official Registration thread: multiple posts by the same player/team is grounds for disqualification.

8. Off-topic posts on the official Registration Thread is grounds for disqualification.

9. The entrant's in-game Nick Names (NOT Account Names) must be provided in the Registration thread. Duplicate registration will be disqualified!

10. The minimum level is 25, and the maximum level of entry is 30 so be forewarned that entrants will not necessarily be matched by level.

11. Tournament brackets will be seeded on a first-come, first-served basis, with no bias.

12. There will be no gear or item restrictions during the tournament. However consumables such as HP and MP will not be allowed.*

*Any user found using any equipment that has Soul Shifted stats from Professions where the receiving equipment received Soulcraft Options from a higher level equipment, will be disqualified. If you should have this equipment on the character, please remove it from the character prior to the match.

13. NO CHARACTER CHANGES will be allowed once you have entered the tournament room. Please choose your character, job, equipment and accessories in the PvP lobby BEFORE you enter the room. Changing characters and/or entering the "Equip" menu inside the room is grounds for disqualification.

14. In the event that a fighter disconnects prior to the match beginning, a restart may be declared at the GM's discretion. If a fighter disconnects after the match has begun, no restarts will be allowed.

Register Here!

#2 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

level 25-30

After seeing the prizes I feel I should ask: will you be running tournaments for higher levels? or is this event yet another case of "sorry you're screwed out of this event because you played the game"

#3 mew55

mew55

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

is that actually in the game?

#4 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

level 25-30

After seeing the prizes I feel I should ask: will you be running tournaments for higher levels? or is this event yet another case of "sorry you're screwed out of this event because you played the game"

This tournament is only for level ranges 25-30 so if you wish to participate you can use and existing character or create a new one and level him up in time.

#5 Nhat

Nhat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

So this tournament allow any lvl 25-30 with no restriction on gear so you are allow to stack it as much as you want and there are also no restriction on the skill that you can use right??

#6 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

12. There will be no gear or item restrictionsduring the tournament.

Not to be a downer or anything, but after seeing this rule, I know for sure I'm not going to participate.

It's just going to turn into a who can stack their level 30 the best competition.

#7 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

This tournament is only for level ranges 25-30 so if you wish to participate you can use and existing character or create a new one and level him up in time.

So that's a "yes you're screwed" then...thanks.

I don't want to play another account there is a reason my only real one is the class I play and is level 80.

#8 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

So this tournament allow any lvl 25-30 with no restriction on gear so you are allow to stack it as much as you want and there are also no restriction on the skill that you can use right??

Correct

Not to be a downer or anything, but after seeing this rule, I know for sure I'm not going to participate.

It's just going to turn into a who can stack their level 30 the best competition.

Thats not how this was intended but if you have the gear use it.

So that's a "yes you're screwed" then...thanks.

I don't want to play another account there is a reason my only real one is the class I play and is level 80.

thats not what i said at all. This tournament was created so players new and old players could participate. New players could use their current or alt characters, and old players could create new ones, or use alts as well. We are giving a 2 weeks heads up which should allow plenty of time to get a character to level 25-30. Especially if you go the dragonkin route.

#9 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

Like I said I play a level 80 savage....don't think they can enter.

are you guys that money hungry that you have to keep making events where older players have to go make (and so equip) new characters to take part?

What do you have against older players? First you didn't want to give us Drakos at all then you held off the level cap rise to 75 that we were meant to get at the same time as kryos then you give us Elga that seemingly can't be beaten unless you have 8 people with fully stacked equipment

all the while you keep holding events for lower levels I'm not saying its a bad thing but it's about time you showed some love to the higher level/older players too.

Clearly you want us spending money but you also clearly have enough to be giving out the kind of prizes you are so...

#10 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

I feel like Apple had something to do with this tournament.
/tinfoil hat

QQ

Posted Image

Edited by zabmaru, 14 September 2011 - 03:41 PM.

#11 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

Like I said I play a level 80 savage....don't think they can enter.

are you guys that money hungry that you have to keep making events where older players have to go make (and so equip) new characters to take part?

What do you have against older players? First you didn't want to give us Drakos at all then you held off the level cap rise to 75 that we were meant to get at the same time as kryos then you give us Elga that seemingly can't be beaten unless you have 8 people with fully stacked equipment

all the while you keep holding events for lower levels I'm not saying its a bad thing but it's about time you showed some love to the higher level/older players too.

Clearly you want us spending money but you also clearly have enough to be giving out the kind of prizes you are so...

We value our high level players very much, as they are the ones who have supported us the longest. In regards to the updates, soon as we are given content of any level range, we hurry to update and insert it ingame as soon as possible. Changes to the level cap raise as well as when we receive content is up to the developers, not us(the publisher).

This is hopefully the first of many tournaments, with the hope that if it performs well we can do it again, with different level ranges, formats, and prizes. Since this is our first we wanted to open it up to as many players as possible. Picking a lower range was the best option, as new players can jump right in and old players, who know the game well can create and level an appropriate character in no time.

#12 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

I know it's the devs and I am sorry if you felt my comments were directed at you or any of the staff at warpportal

anyway I have said my piece not much more to say.

#13 chuongli

chuongli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Server:Stopped

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

<_< this will be interesting

#14 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

no it wont...some huge cash spammer will +16-20 a wep adn +16-20 a back and laugh while you do 1 dmg to them.

#15 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

no it wont...some huge cash spammer will +16-20 a wep adn +16-20 a back and laugh while you do 1 dmg to them.

or miss <_<

#16 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

Fear not, kind forumer! A quick google search told me that an iPad 2 is about 400 dollars. Now, no fool would spend more or about the same amount of money gearing up a level 30 character than the prize. Following that line of thought, it wouldn't be too brash to say that an average "cash spammer" would spend a maximum of 200-250 dollars, since that would be a decent profit to loss ratio if he/she won.

If you take into account how evil those terrible people kind and respectable our NPC overlord Julie and her boyfriend Davi are, that's not too bad! Heck, given Ender's history of pitching a fit like a small child, then buying IM again, he could win it!

#17 xBayoo

xBayoo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Oh btw Hatsur, in the registration thread:

It's the 14th today but it's Wednesday.

#18 chuongli

chuongli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Server:Stopped

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

If you take into account how evil those terrible people kind and respectable our NPC overlord Julie and her boyfriend Davi are, that's not too bad!

dont forget the dragonkin version of Julie an Davis in Kazuera town

#19 Vanille

Vanille

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

We all know who is gonna win this, poor new players they are gonna have hard times in there while a pro player destroys them completely in 5 secs.
This would be better if there is a gear restriction so this could be about who is more skillful with a class, not who spend more on a char, this is not gonna be fun at all.

#20 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

I'm looking forward to this, if for no other reason than to participate in a PvP tournament rather than hosting one. <_< Now if only jonaspaz were still around so we could rematch!

#21 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Lets see. FFA = run away until you see someone low, then snatch the kill. No restriction on level 25-30 gear = super stacked priests always win. Get so much def and health you'll never die. People run out of mp trying to kill you, and you just walk around x spamming them to death.

#22 joseamty

joseamty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

Is only for USA ppl? or u can send me the prize to Urümqi ??? o.o

Edited by joseamty, 14 September 2011 - 08:52 PM.

#23 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

Will handicap be on or off?

#24 pinkcake

pinkcake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

My James Bond totally wants to join in on the fun.. but too bad I won't be on at that time. D:

#25 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

About times... What is the time area going to be? I'm just wondering because I'll be in a different time frame, and also going to be at school.

Speaking of which, I guess this also means that should I, or anyone under the age of 18 win, or come into the first 8 spots, then we need parental consent right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users