9/27 Maintenance notes - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

9/27 Maintenance notes

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:15 AM

The firecrackers will make two stacks instead of one, as if it's giving you two different firecrackers.

It is. The first one always gives text saying WRC 2011, the other always gives a heart and text.

well what I've noticed;

If you're doing the card collection test : can't get fireworks
If you have completed a card collection and on cooldown: can't get fireworks.

If those where fixed it'd be a lot easier to get fireworks imo.

#102 firzen

firzen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

Your logic is flawed, the only reason a few people had a problem with it is all the NPC's there are covered in vendors. however if you know a NPC is there you know not to click there. Moving the NPC 3 screens away was just rediculous though when all they had to do was move it 2 inches to the left, above the VIP buffer, or 2 inches down to be level with the VIP buffer.

Your logic is flawed, when the npc first came around he was quite obvious, and by memory I know where he is. Even if there were no shops or chats, there would still be players in the area, disguising him.

#103 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

so if you know hes there, why do you keep clicking him then complaining? being stupid doesnt mean your logic isnt flawed.

#104 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

They should put it in the black area behind the couches.

#105 TrixiePixie

TrixiePixie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Fix iRO Buggs please!!

i.e. Losing Enchanted armors even if you know their in storage and Auto Dropping equips with out you even know it 0_o

Also the Merit Badges exchange sucks this week

The Merit Badge exchange is amazing for those of us who use RKs for something other than dragon breath. Light granules are required for close to 50% of the runes and elder branch for all of them, considering they both have 1% drop rates this is a very much needed trade in.

Also, for the amount of time it takes to farm rune materials I find it quite stupid that the buff duration is being reduced since they are too short already. As it stands it takes an hour of farming for about 20 minutes of buffs, Please Please PLEASE dont make it an hour of farming for 12 minutes of buffs. Some of us enjoy a build that isn't as boring as spamming dragon breath.

If the rune issue is pvp related then reduce the duration on PVP maps exclusively, Im tired of Frenzy outlasting my runes, 15k critical hits are fun.

Im sure the GXs out there feel the same way about EDP, why do we have to pay thousands of zeny for short buff durations when ABs and archer classes get sick buffs for free. Imp Concentration adds like 30dex/agi for FREE but the core aspect of a melee RK costs over 100k Zeny for soon to be 3 minutes?!? Totally imbalanced for a patch that is supposed to bring balance to 3rd jobs. Consider too that mage classes get like 5000% Matk on their skills and have no need for buffs due to the extreme ease of getting high Matk. There's a reason there are SOOO many lock/sorc/suras compared to anything else, the other classes are gimped compared to them.

Edited by TrixiePixie, 29 September 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#106 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

There's a reason there are SOOO many lock/sorc/suras compared to anything else, the other classes are gimped compared to them.

orlywtflol... no seriously, play a warlock and then come back and complain that mage classes are OP. mage class will never reach 75k HP, solo mvps like beelz or do 25-30k instant spammable damage in woe (im looking at you stormblast). and then you also come here and say it's easy to get high MATK? yeah i guess it is easy, if you have the $$$, but then again it's easy to make a decent (insert class name here) if you have much less $$$.

#107 Jedo

Jedo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hooray for 30-day mounts. :D

I'm gonna get a piggy for my mech. :waddle:

#108 TrixiePixie

TrixiePixie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

orlywtflol... no seriously, play a warlock and then come back and complain that mage classes are OP. mage class will never reach 75k HP, solo mvps like beelz or do 25-30k instant spammable damage in woe (im looking at you stormblast). and then you also come here and say it's easy to get high MATK? yeah i guess it is easy, if you have the $$$, but then again it's easy to make a decent (insert class name here) if you have much less $$$.

Its rediculously easy to get higher Matk than a melee's Atk, its simple, you click the little arrow beside INT when you lvl up (you get more Matk per point in int than atk from str). So with that in mind, consider that the spell coefficients on the late game spells are between 17 times up to 50 times Matk and these spells are almost always AoE. The highest an RK gets is 15 times Atk, and thats a counter attack skill in which you take some of the damage! Also mystical amplification adds another 50% Matk to your spells so your base Matk is now 75% higher than a melee's base Atk. Im starting to question if you've actually even played a lock considering all this BASIC info you totally missed. Yes an RK can get 75k hp when they go 120 VIT, however these points don't magically appear on the character, they have to sacrafice key MELEE stats to get it and devote to boring old dragon breath (which is considerably less damage than a lock can put out given the same cost in gear). Without Dex they can't hit, without Int they can't cast, without Agi they attack once every 3 or 4 years and without Str they get EVEN LESS Atk then before, no Luk is no crit, which further reduces damage.

So, in case that was too complicated to follow, Ill simplify, Mage classes get a higher base Matk than Melee classes get base Atk, and Mage classes also get higher damage multipliers on the already higher stat, and they hit everything around them instead of just one thing at a time

Anyway I wasn't talking about Dragon breath build being nerfed (which it is likely to be based on the kRO patch notes) I was talking about the RUNE build being nerfed, questioning why a RUNE knight would be discouraged from even wanting to use RUNES.

#109 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

Anyway I wasn't talking about Dragon breath build being nerfed (which it is likely to be based on the kRO patch notes) I was talking about the RUNE build being nerfed, questioning why a RUNE knight would be discouraged from even wanting to use RUNES.

Welcome to the bizarre world where Rangers are discouraged from using bows.

#110 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:27 AM

Its rediculously easy to get higher Matk than a melee's Atk, its...

whatever you said after that was voided by those first few words.

#111 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:58 AM

Its rediculously easy to get higher Matk than a melee's Atk, its simple, you click the little arrow beside INT when you lvl up (you get more Matk per point in int than atk from str). So with that in mind, consider that the spell coefficients on the late game spells are between 17 times up to 50 times Matk and these spells are almost always AoE. The highest an RK gets is 15 times Atk, and thats a counter attack skill in which you take some of the damage! Also mystical amplification adds another 50% Matk to your spells so your base Matk is now 75% higher than a melee's base Atk. Im starting to question if you've actually even played a lock considering all this BASIC info you totally missed. Yes an RK can get 75k hp when they go 120 VIT, however these points don't magically appear on the character, they have to sacrafice key MELEE stats to get it and devote to boring old dragon breath (which is considerably less damage than a lock can put out given the same cost in gear). Without Dex they can't hit, without Int they can't cast, without Agi they attack once every 3 or 4 years and without Str they get EVEN LESS Atk then before, no Luk is no crit, which further reduces damage.

So, in case that was too complicated to follow, Ill simplify, Mage classes get a higher base Matk than Melee classes get base Atk, and Mage classes also get higher damage multipliers on the already higher stat, and they hit everything around them instead of just one thing at a time

To keep the answer short: whatever damage the magic class does, a melee will do about the same damage or higher but without a cast bar, or with short uninterruptible cast bars.

There are several advantages for melee classes, from higher damage, to better gear usually available, to better HP mods, certain effects like hunterfly and ridy hat only affecting melee attacks, etc.

Adding high vit to a rune knight isn't a sacrifice, is a really nice investment for higher HP, better potting, higher damage of DB...

Edited by Kadnya, 03 October 2011 - 07:59 AM.

#112 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

Its rediculously easy to get higher Matk than a melee's Atk

wait what?

#113 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:01 AM

Dont worry he forgot to patch post juno.

#114 Humosquitterfly

Humosquitterfly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hey, in the next update, is it possible to retweak the crusader jobchange quest?
I mean, I passed the quest and all, but dontcha think the current lvl of Familiar(S)
[in a pack of 5-10 btw] spawning at the jobchange is just a tad bit too unreasonable?

I mean, before, even with little damage, Familiars were deadly enough in packs. And
with their new level change and damage adjustment, their pretty much just crazy.

I HAD to buff my swordie no matter what and it took me at least 14 tries before I
could actually pass the test. I heard there are tricks to the jobchange quest, but
as far as I'm concerned, the tricks are irrelevant if a Familiar does so much as to
touch you as when it first hits you, even with Endure, there' the movement glitch that
stalls your character for a wall and the next 2 seconds will be your end, and you'd have
to repeat that quest until you finish it or until your friend aco/priest decides for quits.

That's just my opinion though. But I hope you do think it through. Thanks. ^^

#115 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Theres plenty of minor stuff in quests that could use slight adjustments. I remember Arrow Craft quest requiring wrong scales from lv 90 Stem Worms instead of Wormtails, and some other jobchange had monsters which are amazingly too lame even if you went in with job 40.

I sent a ticket about the arrow craft one like at least half year ago, to see whether such small obvious... fixes basically, could be done in some random following maint patch.
Then I could tell ppl to submit tickets regarding stuff they find needs a tweak, but whats the point then xD

Edited by Charon, 04 October 2011 - 01:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users