• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 prejt

prejt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

Since this is new forum it's good to bring old crying thread about dominator allmighty sucking skills.
So last time when domi had skill changes was with DNA which was a little help but since every1 get it it didn't change much for better.

Lists of fixes etc:

- PETS ATACK ALL BUTON, I'M ASKING FOR IT SINCE THE VERRY BEGINING OF THIS GAME !!!

- THERE ARE 2 ANIMATIONS OF PET MOVEMENT, REMOVE WALKING ONE AND KEEP ALL THE TIME RUNING ONE !

- Give pets proper sklills:
A) kaz 1sec stun :unsure: Lenatore stealth detection 20m range C) Nasteh 3sec skill cancel D)Enon :D proper heal
- Vampiric touch with DNA should be instant, but in reality it's not. All instant skills have 1sec animation time and can be casted when runing. VT animation time is 2 sec
- relapse wound should also remove resistance [lvl1 5% - lvl 10 25 %]
- Bring back for domis counter atack skill
- Move binding soul back to soul hunter skill tree, domis is only class with no stun skill
- Make binding weapon instant skill and inc it power
- Make ilusion skill usefull and create for domi MEDIUM ILUSION [sumoning lvl 70 would be nice]
- Shape of Fear shouldn't be canceld by dot dmg from raka nail or vampiric touch
- Since u made LAtyfying terror 4m range skill make it instant as a mele atack skill

Add changes can't be done but dont have to:

- pets design [ make them orginal look and it would be nice if medium lvl pets would look better then lower class ones]
- dont make armor sets looking so gay like

Thats it for now if i get some new ideas update them later...

Edited by prejt, 03 September 2010 - 02:15 AM.

#2 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

heres my suggestions =)

http://forums.warppo...ing-dominators/

#3 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

Lists of fixes etc:
- PETS ATACK ALL BUTON, I'M ASKING FOR IT SINCE THE VERRY BEGINING OF THIS GAME !!!

- THERE ARE 2 ANIMATIONS OF PET MOVEMENT, REMOVE WALKING ONE AND KEEP ALL THE TIME RUNING ONE !

Keep the walk and run, just make it sync with the player.
* If the player walks, the pets walk.
* If the player runs, the pets run.

1 - Give pets proper sklills:
A) kaz 1sec stun :) Lenatore stealth detection 20m range C) Nasteh 3sec skill cancel D)Enon :D proper heal
2 - Vampiric touch with DNA should be instant, but in reality it's not. All instant skills have 1sec animation time and can be casted when runing. VT animation time is 2 sec
3 - Bring back for domis counter atack skill
4 - Move binding soul back to soul hunter skill tree, domis is only class with no stun skill
5 - Make binding weapon instant skill and inc it power
6 - Make ilusion skill usefull and create for domi MEDIUM ILUSION [sumoning lvl 70 would be nice]
7 - Shape of Fear shouldn't be canceld by dot dmg from raka nail or vampiric touch
8 - Since u made LAtyfying terror 4m range skill make it instant as a mele atack skill

1) Good.
2) I thought this was fixed, since they fixed it on the Templars. Might need to write another bug ticket?
3) N/A, never got a domi up high enough to use :D
4) Not sure if it is needed, if the pet(s) get the skill to stun, the Domi don't need it since it is pet dependent.
5) N/A, never got a domi up high enough to use :unsure:
6) I like. HINT Gravity, this will require a skill reset, what is the hold up on this?
7) No change, it is good as is. Shape of Fear on an opponent is to make them useless to fight, not kill. That's part of CC.
8) It's too OP if it is instant, even if it is 1 vs many. Domi has pets (it if worked right) to handle the crowd.

Add changes can't be done but dont have to:

- pets design [ make them orginal look and it would be nice if medium lvl pets would look better then lower class ones]
- dont make armor sets looking so gay like

I say make the pets' feature changable and make it up to the user.
ie. Like creating a new character, you choose the face, allow it for the pets. Would be nice.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

Keep the walk and run, just make it sync with the player.
* If the player walks, the pets walk.
* If the player runs, the pets run.

Dont forget: if the player mount, the pets should go at the mount speed. I know that there is the Retreat button to call them and catch the player, but would be good if wasnt needed to press it so often.

2) I thought this was fixed, since they fixed it on the Templars. Might need to write another bug ticket?

Players can cast the skill while they move, but the animation wasnt removed in any of the cases. If the animation of the skill is too long, they could shorten it.

I say make the pets' feature changable and make it up to the user.
ie. Like creating a new character, you choose the face, allow it for the pets. Would be nice.

That could be cool, the player could select the look of each pet, regardles of if they will put that skill later or not.

#5 prejt

prejt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

Every time I make stuf like that it have good reason behind it even it doesn't look like.

Counter-atack was the only skill cuz of which we could survive a sin atack.
About Vampric touch if u hit some1 and try to cast it to run away it gonna be canceled by dot there is also one more reason to it which may do this skill verry powerfull but wonder if u guys find out ;]

Edited by prejt, 02 September 2010 - 02:45 AM.

#6 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

Every time I make stuf like that it have good reason behind it even it doesn't look like.

Counter-atack was the only skill cuz of which we could survive a sin atack.
About Vampric touch if u hit some1 and try to cast it to run away it gonna be canceled by dot there is also one more reason to it which may do this skill verry powerfull but wonder if u guys find out ;]

If they make the counter attack skill like the Tempest one, you prob wouldn't want it :unsure:.

#7 prejt

prejt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:48 AM

as far as i remember counter-atack in s1 was giving

30% reflect dps with 40% succes chance and there was also DNA to it to increase that by 10 or 20 %

It would be nice to see chaos which made ur enemy atack other enemy, at s1 it worked only on mobs but if it would come back and make it atack others.

Or if they would fix pain sharing , in s2 they removed a lot of skills which could be usefull when fixed

Edited by prejt, 02 September 2010 - 03:51 AM.

#8 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:55 AM

as far as i remember counter-atack in s1 was giving

30% reflect dps with 40% succes chance and there was also DNA to it to increase that by 10 or 20 %

It would be nice to see chaos which made ur enemy atack other enemy, at s1 it worked only on mobs but if it would come back and make it atack others.

Or if they would fix pain sharing , in s2 they removed a lot of skills which could be usefull when fixed

Tempest Godly Mirror Lv-5 max Reflects 13% of damage 30% chance (+like 5% chance if u get DNA for it) Doesn't reflect SKILL or MAGIC damage.

In S1 reflects might have been too strong, but in S2 they are way too weak...

Edited by Crftwise, 02 September 2010 - 03:56 AM.

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:12 AM

That is why i suggested to make it 100% damage reflection and only with 5% chance + 1% per lvl: it wouldnt be op because the chance is too low, but would be useful because the dmg reflection is good: lets be honest, 13% of dmg reflection is pathetic and only could be useful against a zerker using aa, wich would be rare. In the case of godly mirror, as it is now, is only for pve or against sins, and in the second case it dont make too much: it use to save the caster from die in the stun lock but with the rise of the dna it is useless.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:32 AM

To the other issue:

I made a few suggestions in the past to fix this class, and most of them were about the pets. I made suggestons for the Avenger ones too and can be found in this link http://forums.warppo...system-changes/

1. The player should be able to link the buttons in the pet quick bar, to the quick bar. Each pet should have its own pet quick bar, that way if the player press the attack button of x pet while they have selected an enemy player, the pet go directly to attack it.

The buttons to attack should react fast, and should be simple: press and attack. Be able to put them in the quick bar, that way the player can use a hotkey to send them fast. Use the pet shouldnt be so hard, it should be easy: the complexity of what you can do with the pets should come from the player and not from the system to control them.

2. Pets should always have the same lvl as the caster. The pet lvl should be removed from the skill. The reason to do this is to dont have a weak pet, because even if the player keep lvling always to the max, at some point it always be lower than the mobs they are fighting: for example, if i have a pet lvl 50, i cant lvl it again until lvl 53, and when i am doing quests or grinding at lvl 52, i will be fighting mobs of lvl 55 or even more, wich put the pet in a big disadventage. And lets not talk, if the player leave the pet with lvl 1, but we know how powerful is a lvl 1 bolt at lvl 70, why the pet should be so weak?

The pet lvl should be the same as the caster, and the pet should get stronger according with its lvl: some even suggest that the pet should reflect the character stats, in the sence of "if a character have good magic dmg, their bolts will hit hardder, and if a character have x stats higher, then the pet should hit hardder too".

Now, what the lvling of the skills do then: the skills should give bonuses to the pet, like more hp, more defense, more dmg, or better heals, depending on the pet. And maybe unlock new pet skills.

3. Pets should have skills: skills that appear in the skill tree of the character, and are unlocked if the player put a skill point in that specific pet. The caster should be able to active those skills at will, but when cast a skill it come out of the pet, with the range starting from the pet. And to prevent this from being op, the caster should have a casting animation while the pet is casting the skill.

#11 prejt

prejt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

To the other issue:

I made a few suggestions in the past to fix this class, and most of them were about the pets. I made suggestons for the Avenger ones too and can be found in this link http://forums.warppo...system-changes/

1. The player should be able to link the buttons in the pet quick bar, to the quick bar. Each pet should have its own pet quick bar, that way if the player press the attack button of x pet while they have selected an enemy player, the pet go directly to attack it.

The buttons to attack should react fast, and should be simple: press and attack. Be able to put them in the quick bar, that way the player can use a hotkey to send them fast. Use the pet shouldnt be so hard, it should be easy: the complexity of what you can do with the pets should come from the player and not from the system to control them.

2. Pets should always have the same lvl as the caster. The pet lvl should be removed from the skill. The reason to do this is to dont have a weak pet, because even if the player keep lvling always to the max, at some point it always be lower than the mobs they are fighting: for example, if i have a pet lvl 50, i cant lvl it again until lvl 53, and when i am doing quests or grinding at lvl 52, i will be fighting mobs of lvl 55 or even more, wich put the pet in a big disadventage. And lets not talk, if the player leave the pet with lvl 1, but we know how powerful is a lvl 1 bolt at lvl 70, why the pet should be so weak?

The pet lvl should be the same as the caster, and the pet should get stronger according with its lvl: some even suggest that the pet should reflect the character stats, in the sence of "if a character have good magic dmg, their bolts will hit hardder, and if a character have x stats higher, then the pet should hit hardder too".

Now, what the lvling of the skills do then: the skills should give bonuses to the pet, like more hp, more defense, more dmg, or better heals, depending on the pet. And maybe unlock new pet skills.

3. Pets should have skills: skills that appear in the skill tree of the character, and are unlocked if the player put a skill point in that specific pet. The caster should be able to active those skills at will, but when cast a skill it come out of the pet, with the range starting from the pet. And to prevent this from being op, the caster should have a casting animation while the pet is casting the skill.

The way i did my fixes was the simples as possible for gravity to do.

Now we play in little wish thinking but why not.

I like the idea of pets lvl same as caster and development would start in sumons skills but here we may get another problem which is amount of skill points which u would need to have. So the solution for that which i said before is making domi with 1 max 2 summon to chose at same time.

So it would mean that we increase strength of pets a lot +giving them skills but from now on domi could not summon more than 2 pets [1 limit as sh and 2 dominator]. I'm already thinking about game balance so i dont want to make from dominator too op class.

Edited by prejt, 02 September 2010 - 09:31 AM.

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

That is why in the thread called Dominators: pet control and pet skills i suggested to transform some of the Dominator's skills in Pet skills. Also, some the skills could go to lvl 5, that way it wouldnt be so many points.

Pluss, some of the effects could come with the pet itself, for example:

Illusion: it start with the permanent taunt effect to attract the mobs, but at lvl 5 it gets a "pain share" effect that make it take x% of the dmg that the caster recived. It could be a good substitute for the lack of healing skills, and probably wont be too oped, except for the ones with s1 equipments with tons of hp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users