23 replies to this topic

#1 DesiKid

DesiKid

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

hi im kind of new to this game and i was wondering if u have to buy arrows or do u have a unlimited supply of them like some games

#2 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

hi im kind of new to this game and i was wondering if u have to buy arrows or do u have a unlimited supply of them like some games

You have unlimited supply.

#3 DesiKid

DesiKid

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

o alrite thankss

#4 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

You do have an infinite supply like the above poster said, but people frown upon people who waste their arrows by constantly shooting, because there's a nonexistent shortage or something.

"SPAMMER!!!"

#5 zeroman

zeroman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:36 AM

[quote name='to0n' date='31 August 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1283317929' post='70706']
You do have an infinite supply like the above poster said, but people frown upon people who waste their arrows by constantly shooting, because there's a nonexistent shortage or something.

"SPAMMER!!!"
i saw that once and wat should i pick for my archer job change

#6 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

i saw that once and wat should i pick for my archer job change

That is up to you. Watching videos for the respective classes can help you decide.

Edited by to0n, 04 September 2010 - 12:15 PM.

#7 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAt your nearest Starbucks

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

There are 2 paths, one is the Hunter and the other is the ranger. To keep it simple, hunters use aspects of animals as their moves, such as shooting the spirit of a walk or a dive bomb with a falcon. They also are able to set up traps in third job and get a blue pheonix in 4th job. Rangers on the other hand are modern commandos using moves such as summoning a mini tank, calling in an air raid (carpet bomb), a gatling gun, grenades, etc.

Hunters --> Bows
Rangers --> Crossbows

#8 zeroman

zeroman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

There are 2 paths, one is the Hunter and the other is the ranger. To keep it simple, hunters use aspects of animals as their moves, such as shooting the spirit of a walk or a dive bomb with a falcon. They also are able to set up traps in third job and get a blue pheonix in 4th job. Rangers on the other hand are modern commandos using moves such as summoning a mini tank, calling in an air raid (carpet bomb), a gatling gun, grenades, etc.

Hunters --> Bows
Rangers --> Crossbows

so who do you think is stronger and nice pic

#9 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

so who do you think is stronger and nice pic

As a personal opinion, and not going into anything complicated let me just tell you my observations.

*There are more Pathfinders than Grenadiers
*Grenadier moves are easily avoidable (read from some people on forums)
*Pathfinders have a constant flow of damage end game but are more burst, you really on your moves knocking enemies up and then AAS.
*I mained a Pathfinder and had a Ranger alt, i found more fun as a Pathfinder

In terms of damage i don't know, there are a lot of patch notes i've missed , im kind of an old dog learning new tricks at this point. But first hand experience, Pathfinders are incredibly fun, but so are rangers just slightly less.

Oh and thank you i love Black Rock Shooter

Edited by Gutek, 08 September 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#10 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

It all depends on preference. IMO both are just as fun but somepeople prefer grenadiers over PF and PF over grenadiers.

#11 Azure009

Azure009

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

From my observation Path Finders are pretty common in Dragonica. If you want something that stands out take the Grenadier path, though since you're starting out I wouldn't suggest it since it's a lot harder to use a Grenadier. In terms of Damage though, supposing that all your attacks hit, a Grenadier has the advantage. If you're interested in pvp, A Pathfinder is an easy win, but against monsters, Grenadiers do more area damage so it's slightly easier to kill mobs, but to be fair, Pathfinders have just enough area damage skills of their own to come really close.

#12 MaydenLust

MaydenLust

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:36 AM

http://ggftw.com/for...nter-build.html
This is a good guide if you want to become a Hunter.

#13 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:46 AM

http://ggftw.com/forum/dragonica-archer-class-guides/47062-simple-hunter-build.html
This is a good guide if you want to become a Hunter.

Not a good guide at all. Why do you want to waste a rescroll by putting points into bow mastery and advance bow mastery. Overall, unless you want to waste your precious rescroll, don't follow that guide.

#14 SiriusTaupe

SiriusTaupe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:52 AM

I would say go Pathfinder, but I'm guessing I'm not the most unbiased person for this.

Really though, I know great Grenadiers and great Pathfinders, it all depends on how you like to play. Since you're starting out, though, hunter would be a much more applicable choice (I know a lot of rangers that gave up because they couldn't figure out how to use their character).

Edited by SiriusTaupe, 09 September 2010 - 08:35 PM.

#15 Gangrian

Gangrian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

There are 2 paths, one is the Hunter and the other is the ranger. To keep it simple, hunters use aspects of animals as their moves, such as shooting the spirit of a walk or a dive bomb with a falcon. They also are able to set up traps

Is it me, but does anyone else feel as if the traps should be a Ranger/Grena skill? As well as the aim buff? It would make more sense for the "feel" of the class. I mean a sniper rifle will be more accurate than a Bow and arrow, purely for the fact of technological advances.

And traps, while they can fit a "PF" the current image for them look more mechanical in nature, same for claymores. It's almost as if Barunson saw that another class can be awesome and intentionally nerfed it, just to make PFs more awesome.

Ugh, it's like Druids in D&D. Well Paladins are more like Druids in D&D. Wait, nevermind.

#16 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

Is it me, but does anyone else feel as if the traps should be a Ranger/Grena skill? As well as the aim buff? It would make more sense for the "feel" of the class. I mean a sniper rifle will be more accurate than a Bow and arrow, purely for the fact of technological advances.

And traps, while they can fit a "PF" the current image for them look more mechanical in nature, same for claymores. It's almost as if Barunson saw that another class can be awesome and intentionally nerfed it, just to make PFs more awesome.

Ugh, it's like Druids in D&D. Well Paladins are more like Druids in D&D. Wait, nevermind.

I feel slight you have a point but i thought of it this way. Both classes can utilize traps, it makes sense being Grenadiers are modern day commandos while Pathfinders are primitive hunters in the wild. While yes they both use traps, i feel like the traps on the pathfinder class would fit more under the Grenadier and the PF could use revamped traps. I mean Pathfinders have a move called Kamikaze which i do not see fitting into any aspect of their class.

#17 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

Dude we even have bruce lee kicking and punching for Glad skills. Honestly who gives a crap, as long as it's fun it's all good.

#18 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:30 AM

Yea but what if out of no where when the Americans settled in the Americas, the village chieftain pulled out a claymore?

#19 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

It's a game based off a mere fantasy/fiction (just like any other mmos out there) targeted to players ages 10 and up. Yet you're worried about the technicality of the pathfinder class and their skills. Did the Native Americans summon falcons that were engulfed in flames from the sky to fight off the colonists?

Edited by Kimimaro, 10 September 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#20 mrchuna

mrchuna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationThe Earth

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

Dude we even have bruce lee kicking and punching for Glad skills. Honestly who gives a crap, as long as it's fun it's all good.

that should be like atleast for proper placement like a ninja skill

#21 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

that should be like atleast for proper placement like a ninja skill

Summoning Bruce Lee doesn't have any relations to any classes.

#22 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Server:...

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

Did the Native Americans summon falcons that were engulfed in flames from the sky to fight off the colonists?

Pro question :o

Edited by iceranger, 10 September 2010 - 06:59 PM.

#23 SiriusTaupe

SiriusTaupe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Pro question :o

And the answer is yes; the history books got it all wrong. If only there were a few more 65s in the American wild, they would have stood a chance.

#24 Silune

Silune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

And the answer is yes; the history books got it all wrong. If only there were a few more 65s in the American wild, they would have stood a chance.

You get a +1, sir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users