Problem with the Love Story Costume - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with the Love Story Costume

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 sacri

sacri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Leonis ♥ Odin

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

I went where Edeline is wearing the full set of Love story costume..
But she's not giving me the quest for the costume :wacko:
I already tried to wear it in my avatar tab and oso to the costume tab.. Help me x.x

Posted Image

#2 Booner999

Booner999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationD.C.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

Oh look! Its me in that screenshot!

Anyway, I'm having the same issue with the tea party set. I'll try them again tomorrow, though. Best of luck to you!

Edited by Booner999, 14 October 2011 - 08:16 PM.

#3 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:13 PM

In the screenshot you've provided, that is not the opening dialog for Edeline. It is possible that you've accidentally clicked through to the Grand Pumpkin Return quest dialog, which would explain why you're seeing the dialog options you do. To be sure and safe, please be sure that you do not have the Grand Pumpkin Return quest and that you only click on Edeline one time, to view her opening dialog and thus have the Love Story dialog as an option.

If this fails, please reply back with a screenshot showing your Character window, with the Avatar tab visible, as well as your Quest window.

Thank you.

#4 Dangcrazy

Dangcrazy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

In the screenshot you've provided, that is not the opening dialog for Edeline. It is possible that you've accidentally clicked through to the Grand Pumpkin Return quest dialog, which would explain why you're seeing the dialog options you do. To be sure and safe, please be sure that you do not have the Grand Pumpkin Return quest and that you only click on Edeline one time, to view her opening dialog and thus have the Love Story dialog as an option.

If this fails, please reply back with a screenshot showing your Character window, with the Avatar tab visible, as well as your Quest window.

Thank you.

Not to be a pest but I have the same thing going on. I did some quest that rewarded a pumpkin backpack thinking I'd go back for the right one since it's supposed to be a off hand item and that's the same response I got from NPC. I was wearing the the new Love Story costume at 1st as costume then as avitar which didn't make any difference. I have no quest in my quest log now.

Edited by Dangcrazy, 15 October 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#5 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

I believe the issue has to do with the system accidentally giving too many Roses when you're searching the Garden in Junon Polis. Check the images below, and you'll see I "accidentally" have 2 Roses I am trying to return to Edeline.
Attached File  screen005.jpg   467.6KB   28 downloads

Then, when I make sure to only get 1 Rose, she gladly accepts the quest and gives me the reward!
Attached File  screen006.jpg   691.67KB   22 downloads

Attached File  screen007.jpg   452.32KB   20 downloads

Hope this helps clear up any confusion and in the next available patch, we'll be sure to remove the potential for accidentally receiving too many roses. Thank you.

#6 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

I believe the issue has to do with the system accidentally giving too many Roses when you're searching the Garden in Junon Polis. Check the images below, and you'll see I "accidentally" have 2 Roses I am trying to return to Edeline.

Then, when I make sure to only get 1 Rose, she gladly accepts the quest and gives me the reward!
Hope this helps clear up any confusion and in the next available patch, we'll be sure to remove the potential for accidentally receiving too many roses. Thank you.

he says: good luck even if i only have 1 apple anymore...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Dangcrazy

Dangcrazy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Again, not to be a pest but that would imply we were able to get the quest to start with.

#8 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

it worked with other char

but the quest with the white rabbit: does this rabbit spawn or buged?

#9 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

it worked with other char

but the quest with the white rabbit: does this rabbit spawn or buged?

I believe at this time the White Rabbit (Tea Party costume quest) is bugged. We will need to review the mechanics on Monday and provide a fix in the next available patch. Maintenance/Patch will not occur this coming Tuesday, so we'll have to see when we'll be able to patch/update next week.

#10 Dangcrazy

Dangcrazy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

I hate to burst ur bubble Zep but the announcement of the Love Story costume quest being fixed did not resolve the issue of not getting the quest at all.

#11 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

I hate to burst ur bubble Zep but the announcement of the Love Story costume quest being fixed did not resolve the issue of not getting the quest at all.

i have the same problem. the quest might work, however we cant get the quest in the first place! :)

#12 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

What Zepp fail to investigate is that not that issue of picking the quest line or not. The real issue was if you did pick the Grand pumpkin quest and finished that quest, why cant the dialogue be reset or add extra line of quest for those that are wearing the full set of costume? The quest is definitely broken and there has been too many people that get stuck on those 2 options, which lead to nothing. Zepp were able to pick out the right quest on the first try doesnt mean everyone know exactly which "line" trigger which quest.

#13 Dangcrazy

Dangcrazy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

What Zepp fail to investigate is that not that issue of picking the quest line or not. The real issue was if you did pick the Grand pumpkin quest and finished that quest, why cant the dialogue be reset or add extra line of quest for those that are wearing the full set of costume? The quest is definitely broken and there has been too many people that get stuck on those 2 options, which lead to nothing. Zepp were able to pick out the right quest on the first try doesnt mean everyone know exactly which "line" trigger which quest.

Thanks hell! You explained it quite well!

#14 mhaddy17

mhaddy17

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:29 AM

i have the same problem. the quest might work, however we cant get the quest in the first place! :help:

hmm.. i think it is somehow related with the Grand Pumpkin Quest.
I can't get the love story quest too even wearing the costume.
maybe because i've already done the Grand Pumpkin Quest. hmm.. not sure tho

dunno bout you guys but i tried doing the love story quest with one of my other
characters in same account and it worked for me <_<
u guys might wanna try that.

#15 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

hmm.. i think it is somehow related with the Grand Pumpkin Quest.
I can't get the love story quest too even wearing the costume.
maybe because i've already done the Grand Pumpkin Quest. hmm.. not sure tho

dunno bout you guys but i tried doing the love story quest with one of my other
characters in same account and it worked for me <_<
u guys might wanna try that.

That's not the issue, what is broken need to be fix and not work-around. What's worst is they denied its broken.

#16 Revolve

Revolve

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1044 posts
  • LocationKaizy's Profile.

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:23 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

is there any fix of the love story one yet? my quest still doesnt appear <_<

#18 JayCeee

JayCeee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

Zep is finally playing draco! But hes only 56 what a nab! <_<

#19 xSweetHeartx

xSweetHeartx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

Still like I said in other topic.

you guys MUST be under lvl 50 to do it. Worked perfectly with a noob. Have fun <_<

#20 LaLeLu

LaLeLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:27 AM

Still like I said in other topic.

you guys MUST be under lvl 50 to do it. Worked perfectly with a noob. Have fun <_<

You can not be serious !
This costume was bought for real money. We paid for having access to extra game content.
It has to work on every char you want.
And it also can not be said that you can't do the quest again if you did it the year before.
The costum is new so no one can have done it the year before.
Worse enough that you can't "trick or treat" anymore. They set it to "once in a lifetime". But i am not moaning about that, because that's free content...

But IM-costumes that have been bought should work properly.
The Tea-Party costume does not, i (and many others) can not turn in the quest, we only get offered new nets...
The FairyTale costume shows it's Head Gear as "not tradeable", so you can not give to one of your chars on another account...

And for the other costumes bugs have also been reported by players.

As they have pushed any maint to next week we can be sure that non of the bugs will be fixed before...

Btw i would not want to buy me a new pair of jeans and afterwards be told there are restrictions on it, like i can only wear it on thursdays or when i am older than 70. Would you?

#21 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

You can not be serious !
This costume was bought for real money. We paid for having access to extra game content.
And it also can not be said that you can't do the quest again if you did it the year before.
Worse enough that you can't "trick or treat" anymore. They set it to "once in a lifetime". But i am not moaning about that, because that's free content...

The Tea-Party costume does not, i (and many others) can not turn in the quest, we only get offered new nets...
The FairyTale costume shows it's Head Gear as "not tradeable", so you can not give to one of your chars on another account...

As they have pushed any maint to next week we can be sure that non of the bugs will be fixed before...

Btw i would not want to buy me a new pair of jeans and afterwards be told there are restrictions on it, like i can only wear it on thursdays or when i am older than 70. Would you?

You can complete this quest on any character on any level range. There seems to be two issues preventing users from completing this quest. The first of which is if you had done it previously, last year even (except for the Love Story Costume), as this quest can only be completed one-time per character. One way to resolve this issue has been to delete the quest from your Quest window and then simply try again, making sure that the full 4-piece outfit is in your Avatar section.

If you are still unable to complete the quest, then I would suggest trying on another character to see if this resolves the issue. The outfits can be traded or placed in storage, so the trying on another character should be a viable option for almost everyone. Just remember, the off-hand reward is Account bound, so I would strongly encourage you to try and use one of your other characters from the same account or at least be aware of that.

I have completed this quest 7 times now and only once did I need to delete the quest and try again (We're still looking into why that may happen).

#22 LaLeLu

LaLeLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:57 AM

You can complete this quest on any character on any level range. There seems to be two issues preventing users from completing this quest. The first of which is if you had done it previously, last year even (except for the Love Story Costume), as this quest can only be completed one-time per character. One way to resolve this issue has been to delete the quest from your Quest window and then simply try again, making sure that the full 4-piece outfit is in your Avatar section.

If you are still unable to complete the quest, then I would suggest trying on another character to see if this resolves the issue. The outfits can be traded or placed in storage, so the trying on another character should be a viable option for almost everyone. Just remember, the off-hand reward is Account bound, so I would strongly encourage you to try and use one of your other characters from the same account or at least be aware of that.

I have completed this quest 7 times now and only once did I need to delete the quest and try again (We're still looking into why that may happen).

As for the LoveStory-Costume : i cannot delete a quest i do not even get ...
And TeaParty i have deleted and taken new many times, always the same result: wether there are no bunnies to be found or if i do find one i am offeerd a new net instead of turn the quest in.
On some chars it worked on others it didn't.
Btw last year around this time i was playing on Draconis and doing the quests, which means i can not have done any of them on Leonis. Otherwise i would have had one of the costumes in my storage or any char there.

And as mentioned before (and has been reported in the bug-section): the FairyTale-Costume can not be traded because the headpiece is not tradeable.

It is a waste of time to put on a costume, take a quest, do it and than find out you can not turn it in and have the same procedure on the next char to find out on which it workes or on which not.. So i think i might just leave it. As it worked on some chars i guess i had value for the money i paid.

Maybe i just do the junon invasion quest from what you get the pail. Not for the pail, which is useless now, but for the exp. Just being curious: why has the trick and treat thingie been set to once per "lifetime"? As far as i remember we were able to do it every year the previous years again (one time per char of course). But as i am an old woman my rememberance may be bad...

Edited by LaLeLu, 19 October 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#23 xSweetHeartx

xSweetHeartx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

You can not be serious !

Oh I didnt want to make you angry o.o .

For Fairy tale headgear, you can put it in Storage and then get it with another character on same account. I know its not the nicest way to complete the quest, but at least you can do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users