Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

General Information On Genetics

Genetics are a versatile class that has one of the highest single target DPS in the game. With a medicore HP pool they are fully capable in PvM, but they don't fair much better then many other classes when left on their own in a GvG environment. They make up for this with the ability to forcefully increase cast times of opponents and the ability to destroy ground based skills like Magnetic Earth. Genetic skills also have no fixed cast time, meaning their skills are fully reduced by your DEX and INT.

You definitely want to transend to become a Biochemist before turning into a Genetic. Without this step you miss out on Acid Bomb and Full Chemical Protection, 20 skill points and 100 freely allocated stat points. On top of a +30% MHP/MSP bonus.

Only notable downside to Genetics, outside of their low HP, is all of their powerful skills are forced to a single element. All these being neutral (cannot hit Ghost 2+) aside from Crazy Vines which is forced Earth.

Important Alchemist/Biochemist Skills
Acid Bomb

Posted Image
Provided by FlorenciaRac
Forced Neutral
Best Weapons (Ordered by Damage Output assuming +12 and Optimized Carding):

Blue Naught Sword
Mjolnir

Red Naught Sword
Elemental Sword
Hurricane Fury
Diligent Axe (if base STR is 96+)
Glorious Morning Star (if target is Demi-Human)

Full Chemical Protect

Increases rates on Special Pharmacy / Prevents breaking of those gears

Homunculus Tree

Each homunuculus has great effects.

Summon Flora

Increases Damage of Hell Plant

Genetic Skills

Sword Trainning

Increases ATK and HIT when using Dagger or Sword.
Bonus is Mastery-type so you will only see ATK increase on basic attacks. Increased HIT is always there with those weapons though.
Waste of Points as this will not apply to Cart Cannon, Acid Bomb, etc.

Cart Remodeling

Increases Skill Hit and Maximum Cart Weight.
Increases the damage of Cart Cannon and Cart Tornado.

Cart Cannon

INT and wATK based skill that uses Cannon Balls to deal AoE damage to opponents.
Main Leveling Skill. Forced neutral regardless of cannon ball or weapon elements. Should always use Iron Cannon Balls.
But because of the way wATK is calculated, using Fire Endow on Earth monsters will increase damage.
Requires a cart to be equipped.
Formula: ATK [{( Cart Remodeling Skill Level x 50 ) x ( INT / 40 )} + ( Cart Cannon Skill Level x 60 )] %

Cart Boost

Drastically increases the walking speed, as well as the ATK of the player and homunculus.
At max level, walking speed becomes that of a speed potion for it's duration.
Using Crazy Uproar immediately after will break the animation, letting you start moving again earlier.
Requires a Cart to use.

Special Pharmacy

Lets you cook up a batch of items that only Genetics can make.
Requires specific cooking manuals.
Formula:

Spoiler

That formula is wrong, but what stats effect it is correct.

Ingredients

Mixed Cooking

Lets you make +20 stat foods. Requires Cooking Book: Mix Cooking
Formula:

Spoiler
That formula is wrong, too, but what stats effect it is correct.

Ingredients:

Spoiler

Bomb Creation

Lets you create different type of bombs. To use them you equip them like you would Cannon Balls or arrows, then use Item Sling.
Formula:

Spoiler
That formula is wrong, too, but what stats effect it is correct, and it does seem to be same as Mixed Cooking.
Ingredients:
Spoiler

Change Material

Changes certain ingrediants into other ingredients at random. This does have a chance to fail. You can make multiple sets at once. But if one fails, they all fail. So if trying to go big, use at your own risk. Might be a bug.
Ingredients: List of Materials Suspected to be incomplete.

Item Sling

Equip a bomb-type item or throwable-type potion and sling that item at an ally or foe.
This skill doesn't differentiate friend and foe, so you can give a friend a negative effect and an enemy a positive one.

Spore Explosion

Attachs a spore to a target and after a short time explodes. Basically Assassin's Venom Splasher without HP/poison requirements.
Relatively weak. Melee damage and requires 1 Mushroom Spore Bomb.

Blood Sucker

Attach a blood sucking plant that absorbs life from a target. Requires 1 Blood Sucker Seed
Does small damage over time. Is true-damage type, meaning it bypasses Paladin's Sacrifice and Shadow Chaser's Shadow Form.
Good for hit locking.

Thorn Trap

Throws a thron trap on the ground which keeps the enemy from moving for a short duration. Requires 1 Thorny Seed.
Cannot be placed under targets. While trapped, if hit by fire element the target will be set free.
Is true-damage type. Damage is low, but does damage over time. Good for hit locking.

Thorn Wall

Creates a barrier of thorns around a target. If a cell of the barrier is hit by a fire-element attack it will turn into a firewall.
Requires 1 Thorny Seed. Great for hit locking in WoE and keep opponents from moving/running.
Effective for Shadow Chaser guild leaders to copy as a means of distraction, trapping or ground control.
Is a physical attack, so Shield Reflect or reflecting gears will reflect a portion of the damage back to the Genetic as well as allow auto casts to target it.
Is also considered a long range physical attack, Pnuema will block damage from this skill.

Crazy Vines

Summons huge plant mass to clear the ground of effects and deal damage. Rquires 1 Thorny Seed.
Great for clearing the ground of skills like Magnetic Earth or Bloody Lust. Shadow Chaser's Maelstrom prevents this skill from working if center of Crazy Vine's randomly placed AoE lands within Maelstrom's AoE.
This skill is like Meteor Storm, where you target a spot, and within that AoE (13x13), micro-AoE's (5x5) are selected randomly and used.
Deals Earth-element damage.

Hell Plant

Summons a plant from hell to deal damage to a target. Requires 1 Plant Bottle.
Deals set damage based on the players INT, Summon Flora level as well as the enemies base level.
Can also cause Stun and Bleeding status effects on the opponent.
Physical attack, so Shield Reflect and reflect gears will rebound the damage.
Formula:[{( Hell Plant Skill Level x Caster’s Base Level ) x 10 } + {( Caster’s INT x 7 ) / 2 } x { 18 + ( Caster’s Job Level / 4 )] x ( 5 / ( 10 - Summon Flora Skill Level ))

Mandragora Howling

Pulls a Mandragora out of a flower pot, it's scream can lower your opponents INT, drain their SP, as well as forcibly add fixed cast time to all the enemies skills. Requires 1 Mandragora Flowerpot.
Relogging does not get rid of this effect. But that will make it take your SP again.
For balancing reasons was given a 2 second fixed cast time.
Success Rate:{(25 + 10 * Skill Level) - [( Target’s VIT + LUK ) / 5 ]}%
Minimum Chance of 10%

Demonic Fire

Throwing a bottle grenade to create a sea of fire. Requires 1 Bottle Grenade.
Weak skill, but neccessary in the preparation of Fire Expansion. Has a chance of causing Burning Status.
Skill level does not effect damage of Fire Expansion.

Fire Expansion

While used in an area where Demonic Fire is, this skill can cause various effects.
Will use the item even if Demonic Fire isn't present. Can use someone else's Demonic Fire.
Level 5 Fire Expansion - Acid Bomb Explosion deals 2x damage to players compared to Acid Bomb.
Various Effects:

Spoiler

Job Level Bonuses
Stat - Job Level you receive them at - Max from Job Bonus at j50

STR - 34 (1)
AGI - 8 - 20 - 29 - 40 - 47 (5)
VIT - 15 - 18 - 24 - 25 (4)
INT - 1 - 2 - 7 - 12 - 23 - 35 - 36 - 41 - 44 - 45 - 50 (11)
DEX - 3 - 6 - 13 - 19 - 28 - 39 (6)
LUK - 31 (1)

Job Change Guide
Just use this Guide from iROWiki for most of it. To expand on steps 15-16, it's basically a ton of random clicking around on all the items/NPCs till you get it right.

Builds
Himeyasha's Skill Simulator
The stat's below are totals, not base. Click on the name of the build to open the skill tree. Skills shown are suggested minimums.

Potter Genetic
STR: 1 AGI: 1 VIT: 1 INT: 120+ DEX: 100+ LUK: 100+

Pure MVP Genetic (god item build - 120 str only worth it if you have megs for the 120 str bonus)
STR: 120+ AGI: 1 VIT: 100 INT: 100+ DEX: 80+ LUK: 1+

WoE Genetic (Suggestive)
STR: 90~110 AGI: 1 VIT: 100 INT: 100+ DEX: 100+ LUK: 1

Support Genetic
STR: xx AGI: xx VIT: 100 INT: 100 DEX: 100+ LUK: xx

General PvE Build -- No Skill Build as it would just revolve around Cart Cannon
STR: 100+ AGI: 1 VIT: xx INT: 120(base) DEX: 100+ LUK: 1
xx - Use how ever, you maybe want increased status immunities.

Leveling
This is for people who want to level outside of Turn-Ins or leveling off of MvPs with acid bomb. Starting off at job 1 sucks, I leeched myself till I had Cart Cannon 5, because yea lol. To get your leveling skills it should look something like this:
Cart Remodeling 2 > Cart Cannon 5 > Cart Remodeling 3 > Cart Boost 1 > Cart Remodeling 5 > ETC

100-110: Nogg Road 2, Juperos.
110-120: Cornus, Geffenia, Rachel 1.
120-125: Scarba 1, Abyss 3.
124+: Scaraba 2, Abyss 3, Bio 2.
These are broader and all recommended places of leveling

After Scaraba Dungeon came out I never touched dragons again on any of my characters outside of 3x spawn.

Viable Gears (Probably a bit outdated)
Weapons

3x Malicious or 3x Kingbird Red Naught Sieger Sword (for Cart Cannon)
3x Kingbird Elemental Sword (for Acid Bomb)
Malicious/Kingbird Hurricane Fury (Recommended)
Malicious/Kingbird Giant Axe (Recommended if Base STR is 96+)
Glorious Morning Star

Armors

I suggest using Orlean's Gowns over Phens as it frees up the accessory slot and 10% variable cast.
KK CoD with 2x sprint rings reduce cast time work nicely in TIs, but RWH is king =D
Blabla, appropriate shields. If you don't have a necessary shield, default Platinum if you have one. As for making shields, I suggest using a Bradium Shield for PvM maps that aren't heavy on water/fire elements
Bloodied Shackle Set works really well for leveling Genetics
Rideword Hat and Nyd Mant are both great for keeping your SP up while leveling, and yes it's easy to run outta SP on Genetic
Vesper Core 1 or 2, Flame Lord Ring are all good accessories; Aumdura Benefit if you got one

For leveling, you mainly want as much ATK gear as possible.

Tactics
Anti-Hitlock - This doesnt work 100% of the time, but more often then not. When soloing or mobbing in a party, using Crazy Uproar when your getting hit will allow you to move. To explain this, Flinch animations are considered absolute meaning only when the animation is completed will you be allowed to move again, using Crazy Uproar forces the client to use the skill animation, in which you can immediately walk at any time during the animation. It does take some practice, don't expect to get it immediately if you try it, but if you do~ Good job.

Suggested Stat Progression
Lv100: Freshly Genetizied~ (not a real word)
STR: MEDIUM - AGI: NONE - VIT: OPTIONAL - INT: HIGH - DEX: MEDIUM - LUK: NONE
I very HIGHLY suggest getting your INT to your max stat for your build or 100+ base as soon as possible. Then a mild amount of DEX to make your casts not abysmal to watch. Decent amount of STR, 50ish should be good for now. VIT if you want added stat immunity.

Lv125: Half way there, but not really.
By now all your leveling stats (INT, DEX, STR) should be done or close to done unless your 120ing a stat, then push this back to lv130~ From here on you can/should be working on stats for immunities/reductions/durations. Make sure your skills are in order for you to level faster, does you little good to have strong WoE skills if its impractical for you to level.

Between the two, depends on your play style if you prefer survivability or damage output, at the early levels its a choice of which you prefer, just know that the more you level the more you can bridge that gap.

Homunculus
Renewal Homunculus Calculator
Vanilmith

Best overall stat growth, instant cast ranged attack skill (Caprice), alternate version is Formless. Very balanced stat growth. Instruction Change gives +5% potting rate with Prepare Potion.

Amistr

Very high defense, can increase the owner's VIT. Castling (which would be amazing if it worked in GvG)

Filir

Instant cast physical attack (Moonlight). Self-buffs increase flee, aspd, atk. Accelerated Flight does not work properly yes it does.

Lif

High SP, can heal owner and increase walking speed (same as Cart Boost).

Beyeri

Has several self buffs. Can deal holy damage. Can cast Safety Wall on the caster. General performance is disappointing compared to other homun S types, partly because all of it's skills, even it's AoE attack, are interruptable.

Dieter

Highest HP/SP growth. Can increase attack greatly with Pyro and reduce damage 10% with Granitic Armor. Levels well AFK with lava slide or with active owner with Magma Flow. Great for WoE and good on MVP as well.

Eira

Can set itself and the Genetic's flee and ASPD to very high levels with Overed Boost (great for emp breaking). Overed boost can also be used to quickly increase loyalty. Can also silence players/monsters (currently disabled due to bugs, but fix expected in Q1/Q2 2013).

Eleanor

Uses combo style fighting. Can prevent the target from moving for a few seconds and reduce wATK, Flee and hDEF for a while.

Sera

Can give owner and allies (but not itself) very powerful damage reduction with painkiller - will make most monsters deal 1's with just basic gear. Levels well while AFK with poison mist. Best for PVM, very useful for MVP.

You can combine any Homunculus with any Homunculus S. Making for interesting set ups. You'll typically see a lot of Vani -> Dieter. If you want to learn more about Homunculus S, head over to the Homunculus HQ under the New Player Strategy section of the iRO forums were Dr. Azzy can be of more help on the subject.

Optimal WoE Gear (Azzy note - this is obsolete. Use WoE gear and KBC RWC accessories)

+12 Maestro Cat Ear Beret [Carat]
Black Frame Glasses of Fast [Rata]
Umbala Spirit/Hanky In Mouth
Brynhild/Deadly Valk Armor/Unfrozen Lucius Armor/Whatever Else For Defense
+12 Glorious Morning Star
+12 Cranial Immune Shield [Thara Frog]
+12 Raydric/Deviling Backpack
Variant Shoes
Hiding Diablo Ring [Smokie]
Carefree Waterdrop Brooches [Kafra Blossom]
With a lv150 Dieter.

FAQs
What weapon should I be using to level with Cart Cannon?

High upgraded Hurricane Fury with an endow is going to do the most damage, a Mjolnir with endow will do the most DPS by far. Otherwise, see the weapon listing above. See also this thread (MVP focused, but lots of general genetic weapon discussion too): http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/98395-your-question-answered-what-is-the-best-mvp-weapon-for-geneticists/

How do you get instant cast on a Genetic?

You can only get instant cast on the 100% Variable skills. The variable cast formula is [1 - [(DEX * 2 + INT)/530]]%. I always build my means to get instant cast around my INT, then fill in the rest of the variable with DEX. You will need a Mjolnir, or 50% cast reduction from gears and Magic Strings for instant cast.

What's the fastest way to get 150?

Mjolnir with the leveling places as named before with 3x manuals doing those places at those levels. Once you have everything beef up CC damage, you'll be good to solo anywhere. I suggest doing the Scaraba 2 Entrance Quest before you start your leveling.
With Mjolnir alone and 3x manuals, and no sleep or rest lol. You can 110~>150 in less than 24 hrs with VIP. I've never tried to level without Mjolnir so I'd expect it would take roughly 48hrs of playing.

Why did you put Glorious Morning Star into the suggested weapon list?

If you happen to have a +11 or higher Glorious Morning Star, this will do the most damage with Acid Bomb in WoE/PvP, by far.

Does Brynhild or other gears/items with +% atk and +% damage effects increase Cart Cannon damage?

Yes. Cart Cannon works like any other ranged skill. +% ranged damage effects (like archer skeleton) effect the entire damage. +% atk and +% damage versus (race/size/ele) effect only the portion of damage contributed by weapon/upgrade/equip attack, not the damage added by stats.

Genetics seem really god item dependent in WoE, is there a support build or something that doesn't need any god items and still be just as useful to your guild?

You don't need god items on a Genetic to perform ably. They just let you do it on the fly. Using strategy and lots of Acid Bombing you can be just as effective without any god items. Post WoE set, Genetics aren't a strong killing class even with god items - their key role in WoE is coating allies, shredding enemy ME/Pneuma with crazy vines, and disabling enemies with mandy howl.

Does the Biochemist skill Aid Condensed Potion have any use now days?

Nope. With it's 2s fixed cast and 2s cooldown, it's useless.

How does Crazy Vines ground clearing ability work?

It randomly selects an area to deal damage. It then clears that section first like Gainbeintein, then deals damage in that spot.

Where do I purchase Cannon Balls?

Prontera, inside the Weapon shop towards the back an NPC, named Black Marketeer, will sell Cannon Balls.

Whats the difference between 1 STR and 1 INT for Cart Cannon damage?

+1 STR is +0.5% weapon attack, +2 status attack , +1 INT increases the damage modifier by +6.25%. Hence, 1 point of int adds way more damage to CC than 1 point of str. Note that the opposite is true of acid bomb.

Does Dieter's Pyroclastic let you hit ghost monsters with skills that usually cant because of element restrictions?

No. It will calculate the fire element on the wATK, but will not change the element of the skill from Neutral to Fire.

Post-Balancing Forumlas for Genetic Skills as provided by the GM Team.
Click Here

Gameplay Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhT73v1jcYohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbvhvbnemHYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18hloednD5Y

Any other information anyone thinks I should add or expand upon please let me know.
Corrected/expanded homun section, clarified some FAQs, my text is in this reddish color, go ahead and turn it black if you like it, or rephrase if you don't. -Azzy

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 March 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#2 tintinnabule

tintinnabule

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

First, I appreciate this guide, it was very informative! ;)

What are your opinions on Triple Kingbird Red Naught Sieger sword, or a Double Kingbird Carga? Right now I have just a Giant Axe (Which I'm looking for a Zipperbear for) but was looking into some weapon also for leveling with carton cannon. I'm not sure when I'll get a nice Elemental Sword :)

Also, what's your opinion on Diabolous Armor of the Wild Cat? I'm not sure I can work with the cast speed increase of the Orlean's Gown right now, I'm new to the game and new to Genetic :)

Note: I'm really PVM focused with an interest in MVP

Edited by tintinnabule, 23 October 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#3 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

Triple Kingbird Naught Sieger is decent for bombing, but theres better things. Kingbird wont increase CC damage thought. Elemental Sword is def the best for bombing, buncha slots and effects to add to Acid Bombs damage, again, same stuff doesnt increase CC damage.

Diabolus Armor of Wild Cat is okay, but then you'll need a phen. I prefer a Orleans Gown of Wildcat, more or less the same thing but less cast time; 15% increase with Orleans, 25% increase with phen. Because, there is a good chance you will end up tanking or pulling aggro to yourself. You could phen switch, I personally don't bother tho.

#4 tintinnabule

tintinnabule

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

Triple Kingbird Naught Sieger is decent for bombing, but theres better things. Kingbird wont increase CC damage thought. Elemental Sword is def the best for bombing, buncha slots and effects to add to Acid Bombs damage, again, same stuff doesnt increase CC damage.

Diabolus Armor of Wild Cat is okay, but then you'll need a phen. I prefer a Orleans Gown of Wildcat, more or less the same thing but less cast time; 15% increase with Orleans, 25% increase with phen. Because, there is a good chance you will end up tanking or pulling aggro to yourself. You could phen switch, I personally don't bother tho.

It took me until now to realize...that Phen card increases casting more than Orleans Gown, I thought it didn't..and that's why I hadn't gotten Orleans *headesk*! HOW DO I MISS THESE THINGS. Thank you :( Gosh. Out to find myself an Orleans Gown then.

Also I keep getting confused on carts, so Kingbird is AB affecting, but not CC. I thought it was the reverse. What cards would help with CC?

Thanks a lot :thumb:

Edited by tintinnabule, 28 October 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#5 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

CC was affected by atk of weapon sooo I presume zipper bear card.

#6 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

yea zipperbear, andre, hilslion, things that add hard atk (+ATK)
things like kingbird, which acts differently then hydra, (+%ATK) do not affect CC but work on AB

<also noting> bryn and turtle general do affect CC damage, but its so little it's not noticable.

#7 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

Should I go with HFC or Zipper on my +7 Hurricane Fury? I have both cards, what would be more beneficial.I'm just about to turn my Bio to Genetics. Thanks!

#8 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

If its just for your genetic and no other character then I'll use zipper bear. I probably put hunter fly if I am sharing it with a mechanic. My other reason for zipper for genetic would be because I am sure we wont be in the middle of the mob using CC. Thus we won't be mobbed (i let my homun be the live bait for mobbing) cruel owner I might be but it works for me lol

#9 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

For the builds which one should I pick for general leveling? One that can solo and party.

#10 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

For the builds which one should I pick for general leveling? One that can solo and party.

I'm currently trying the pure mvp build (look up) and so far I'm doing well solo at nogg rd. goodluck!

#11 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

Question:

Got lucky getting my Rideword to +9. What would be the best card to put in? For now only my Genetics going to use it but in future maybe my RK . Thanks!

Edited by Opusdei, 29 October 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:18 AM

Question:

Got lucky getting my Rideword to +9. What would be the best card to put in? For now only my Genetics going to use it but in future maybe my RK . Thanks!

Carat or Kathryne Keyron.

#13 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 01:51 AM

I'm currently trying the pure mvp build (look up) and so far I'm doing well solo at nogg rd. goodluck!

Whats your level stats and gear? I'm interested to know what kind of stat progression you'd recommend for solo'ing in nogg. I'm assuming you're using cart cannon to level with.

#14 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:29 AM

Whats your level stats and gear? I'm interested to know what kind of stat progression you'd recommend for solo'ing in nogg. I'm assuming you're using cart cannon to level with.

At 103 I have 100int 70str 40ish vit and about 60 dex base stats. In terms of gear I have my +9 rideword (+9 a must imo), orlean gown, HF, nyd, 2x vesper 2 and superior shoe. Last but not the least my lvl 99 vanil is awesome tanking so that's a huge help as well. Hope that helps.

Edited by Opusdei, 30 October 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#15 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

i usually get int/dex/str to start and some vit when it comes to leveling... ill put a general leveling build in there and suggested stat progression in a bit

if u think ur gonan do alotta soloing use hunter fly, if ur usually gonna be doing TIs and partys, use zipper bear.

Carat or Kathryne Keyron.

^this for rideword... i prefer carat

=======================================

edit: looking at my guide its a lil messy xD.... any suggestions to clean it up?

Edited by Astraeos, 30 October 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#16 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Are there going to be any major changes to these builds due to the skill re-balance patch or are they going to stay basically the same or is it too early to tell yet?

#17 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

No, the only major changes that really apply is to Hell Plant and Mandragora Howling... everything else is either not changed or unimportant. Acid Bombs damage does get lowered a bit, but the build is still the same. As they just added a multiplier at the end to reduce the damage by 1/3 of what it is now. 100k bombs become 66k.

Also, changed leveling spots, made a mistake on starting level for certain areas. And added spots.

Edited by Astraeos, 31 October 2011 - 12:32 AM.

#18 Zummy2

Zummy2

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

No, the only major changes that really apply is to Hell Plant and Mandragora Howling... everything else is either not changed or unimportant. Acid Bombs damage does get lowered a bit, but the build is still the same. As they just added a multiplier at the end to reduce the damage by 1/3 of what it is now. 100k bombs become 66k.

Also, changed leveling spots, made a mistake on starting level for certain areas. And added spots.

How would any of the battle genetic builds for a beginner character? I'm stuck at 12/10 and I don't know which job to pick, but I like the sound of genetics.

#19 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

getting alchmemist to 99 isnt that bad... as an alchy i suggest going str/agi/dex to level asap... when u trans and become a biochem leveling becomes a little harder or more dependant on money... its well worth it tho once u become a genetic... one fo the fastest leveling classes imo with the right gear xD

i dont recommend a genetic sadly as ur first character... cost in zeny for the items the skills require will prolly cost you about 50m from lv1->150... excluding gears and what not =x... good secondary character tho

but if ur really dead set on genetic... mvp and woe genetic builds are pretty good for just about everything

#20 Zummy2

Zummy2

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:16 PM

getting alchmemist to 99 isnt that bad... as an alchy i suggest going str/agi/dex to level asap... when u trans and become a biochem leveling becomes a little harder or more dependant on money... its well worth it tho once u become a genetic... one fo the fastest leveling classes imo with the right gear xD

i dont recommend a genetic sadly as ur first character... cost in zeny for the items the skills require will prolly cost you about 50m from lv1->150... excluding gears and what not =x... good secondary character tho

but if ur really dead set on genetic... mvp and woe genetic builds are pretty good for just about everything

Are mechanics any better off?

If not, I dunno... o,o

#21 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

merchants in general are expensive classes lol... i dont want to turn you away from the class, but its much easier to play if you have something to fall back on

but if you loot everything + a lil luck you should be okay... my luck is absolute crap so i rarely have good days where things drop in abundance for me xD

Edited by Astraeos, 31 October 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#22 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:36 AM

Just fyi, I've been leveling at Nogg Rd 2 for the past few days now and I got my Gene from 100-108 playing a few hours a day it's awesome. I am using my +7 Malicious Hurricane Fury and I must say it's amazing how it saves my Genes life getting mob. I was a bit skeptical at first since it's only 1 hf card I thought how the heck this going to work, but alas it works! I just make sure the mob goes for my vanil first before cc the mob.

So I'm planning to move to Geffenia soon. Any suggestion/strategies how to level there. I know there are heavy hitters in that map.....I guess this is one thing you can add to this guide is put strategies for each suggestion area you have put here. Thanks for the guide again..this deserve to be pinned :dunno:

#23 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

kite if ur homon cant take it lol... i just went there yesterday wit just mjolnir and got 109->112 in 1 3x manual...
useful map info... lv4 is the most dense map (left portal on lv1)... violys can hitlock you easily... fake angels can curse and suc/inc can steal sp... id say aid potting ur homon between mobs is def gonna be needed.. most of the stuff moves pretty slow tho so positioning urself shouldnt be a problem

#24 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

Just notice whenever I use Cart Boost the atk amount doesn't show in stats. Is this broken or that's just how it is?

Edited by Opusdei, 01 November 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#25 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

yea idk why it doesnt show up in the window... its not a mastery type but i havent paid enough attention to see if it only affects cart type skills or anything else
but i do see a difference in damamge when using CB with CC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users