Post-Balance Genetic Guide - Page 11 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

Post-Balance Genetic Guide

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#251 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Close enough! Thanks!

#252 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Guys, what would you recommend me to get for ABing? +12 HF (AS x1) EA 4 (or higher if possible), +12 Byeo EA4 x2 or just a +12 RTE (AS x3)? The bad thing of the HF is that you can't gear a shield, but does the damage it gives worth not gearing an alice shield?
The main usage of my genet is ET parties, so I have a tank, AB with sacrament, stringer, and I get Striking from a sorc. I also have a Amistr>Dieter 150, Pyroclastic FTW! I want to make the best damage possible, and since I can't afford god items/mvp for now, was thinking on getting the best weap (after Mjolnir, ofc). What do you guys think?

#253 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

RTE 3x AS is best for general purpose - I use mine all the time for killing non-boss monsters.

The Byeo is barely better than RTE for AB damage versus bosses - but it's significantly better for cart cannon (which may be relevant with the recent changes to CC).

The HF gets much better damage versus large (~30% more), and damage is a little better vs medium, while being worse than the others versus small.

You'll have to weigh for yourself whether losing the shield is worth it - for ET, the shield can probably be sacrificed - but if your only genetic weapon is an HF, you won't have any option if you want to do something where you don't have people tanking for you.

You can use the calc in my sig to compare the damage between various weapons. Be sure to account for the stat bonuses from the byeo.

#254 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

What is the best weapon for Cart Cannon. I'm doing around 12k with no elemental advantage with Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red) & 24k with no elemental advantage using my friends +7 Hybrid Hurricane Fury Expert Archer 2 Expert Archer 4.

#255 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

What is the best weapon for Cart Cannon. I'm doing around 12k with no elemental advantage with Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red) & 24k with no elemental advantage using my friends +7 Hybrid Hurricane Fury Expert Archer 2 Expert Archer 4.

Use the goddamned calc man! There is a calc in my sig that accurately calculates cart cannon damage with the new formula. I shouldn't have to spoon-feed you stuff like this.

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 April 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#256 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Tomato got owned. XD

#257 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

RTE 3x AS is best for general purpose - I use mine all the time for killing non-boss monsters.

The Byeo is barely better than RTE for AB damage versus bosses - but it's significantly better for cart cannon (which may be relevant with the recent changes to CC).

The HF gets much better damage versus large (~30% more), and damage is a little better vs medium, while being worse than the others versus small.

You'll have to weigh for yourself whether losing the shield is worth it - for ET, the shield can probably be sacrificed - but if your only genetic weapon is an HF, you won't have any option if you want to do something where you don't have people tanking for you.

You can use the calc in my sig to compare the damage between various weapons. Be sure to account for the stat bonuses from the byeo.

So, HF could be the best for ET, but not for soloing. Thanks Azzy, I'll check the calc then, if I have any doubts I'll pm you.
Btw, which are the max EA that HF can get? 6 or 7? Cause I saw a weapon with EA 7 a while ago.

#258 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

EA 12
http://irowiki.org/w...langdo_Enchants

Aqua Lord's Fury

Melee:
  • ASPD +1
  • Fighting Spirit 5~8
  • Sharp 4~5
  • Agi +3~6

Ranged:
  • ASPD +1
  • Expert Archer 3~6
  • Sharp 4~5
  • Agi +3~6

Magic:
  • Spell 3~6
  • Magic 1~3 (Shown as 1%~3% MATK on iRO)
  • Int +3~6
  • Dex +3

#259 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

EA 12
http://irowiki.org/w...langdo_Enchants

Aqua Lord's Fury

Melee:

• ASPD +1
  • Fighting Spirit 5~8
  • Sharp 4~5
  • Agi +3~6
Ranged:
  • ASPD +1
  • Expert Archer 3~6
  • Sharp 4~5
  • Agi +3~6
Magic:
  • Spell 3~6
  • Magic 1~3 (Shown as 1%~3% MATK on iRO)
  • Int +3~6
  • Dex +3

Yeah, of course. double EA6, but I meant each EA.. I saw EA7 on a Byeo..

#260 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

EA 2-5 are available with A Class coins, EA 3-6 with ALF.

The highest possible results (55 for A class, 66 for ALF) are very very rare (around 1-2% chance to get that per attempt, so the chance of getting a perfectly enchanted one is on the same order of magnitude as a card drop rate. Only killing monsters for cards doesn't usually cost as much as enchanting weapons)

ALF's are 15m a pop (and still not worth it, imo, though I shouldn't say this since I farm them), however, making their use prohibitively expensive.

So most enchanting will be done with A class coins, EA 33 is easy, EA 43 is somewhat harder, and EA 44 is the best that can be expected under reasonable conditions. If I got EA 5 on first slot, I would probably try to to second slot with ALF.

There is no way to get EA7 on anything - people saying EA7 to describe item actually mean 4/3 or 5/2.

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 April 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#261 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Oh, you're right, I was sure it was EA7 but just saw the picture and it was just the chat that said EA7, it was EA3 and 4 lol. I used to farm ALF too, got like 2x, but I couldn't even sell them at 15m (started at 20m) So I dropped them to 12,5m. (couldn't sell them at 13-15m /sigh).
I see.. the bad thing about enchanting is that when you reset, you reset both slots, right? If only you could choose a slot to remove, that'd be awesome..
I'm trying to buy EA66, not sure if anyone has one, if not then I'll go for 55, and if nobody has it either then just 44.. How much is a HF 44 w/o refine?
Thanks for the answers..

#262 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

Hm, ALF sells overnight at 15m for me.

On an HF (multiplier of 4):

Cost to create EA 66 is (based on my assumption of 1/50 chance for EA6) about 153 billion zeny (10200 ALFs). Not counting the silvervine fruit, which adds another few bil.

Cost to create EA 55 is (again based on same assumption) about 20400 A class coins. At 350k each, we have around 7 billion - plus 2550 silver vines, for just under 10b.
Using ALFs, EA 55 or better is 288 ALF, or 4.3 bil, plus 72m for fruits.

So uh, yeah, don't try to get one of those unless you're really rich and rather stupid.

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 April 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#263 frmzer02hero

frmzer02hero

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:08 AM

may i ask this question about the good weapons to use again because you always address the +12 Above ones

what if i only can afford the following> a +10 RTE & +10 Elemental sword and i think a +9 G.Morning Star mainly WoE

ty

#264 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

may i ask this question about the good weapons to use again because you always address the +12 Above ones

what if i only can afford the following> a +10 RTE & +10 Elemental sword and i think a +9 G.Morning Star mainly WoE

ty

Huh? What are you asking?

#265 AlvisRoru

AlvisRoru

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

I am new to Genetic and the Renewal system of this game ( Used to play at classic / Pre-renewal Server ).

I kinda like Hell Plant cause they don't need much pot to use and material for flora bottle is kinda cheap.

May I ask for help with pure Hell Plant Woe / PVP build ?

#266 aregas

aregas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCopperas Cove, Texas

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Is Red Twin of Naught Seiger, or Hurricane Fury better for Acid Bomb?

Edited by aregas, 03 June 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#267 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

Mjolnir is the best weapon for ABing but it's a god item, after it, it comes +12 HF with EA8 and an AS card, but it's a two-handed axe, so you lose your shield.. Then it's +12 Byeollungum EA8, and finally it's the +12 RTE with 3 AS cards.

#268 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Is Red Twin of Naught Seiger, or Hurricane Fury better for Acid Bomb?

HF does a lot more damage on large, and a little more damage on medium (and less on small!), but you can't tank for crap with it because it's 2-handed.

RTE is better all around, since you can use a shield with it and the size penalties aren't bad.

Well-enchanted Byeo (right now) will just barely beat a 3x KB RTE against bosses (a future update will give RTE 1 malangdo enchant slot; when this comes, the RTE will be just plain better).

Oh, and if you're going to be using a pyro on a monster where you could die (breaking the weapon even if you're coated), you need an unbreakable weapon - axe or mace class. Since you can't use an HF against a monster that might kill you even if using a 1-hand weapon, you need an unbreakable weapon - 2x Kingbird 2x EA Erde. Note that this is only better after considering the attack added by pyro ;-)

#269 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

Oh.. now I get why my carga doesn't break when I'm pyro'd and die. I thought it was a kind of bug lol. I use pyroclastic a lot, I mean, I call my homun and I just instantly cast it, I LOVE IT! XD
So I guess I should go for an unbreakable weapon, I want a well enchanted HF, at least for ET runs. Not sure if an EA9 ~ 12 exists atm, but I really want one lol. Btw, AS or AK?

#270 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

lets say if i put Randgris card in the RTE (i dont have one lol), will the RTE break if i die with pyroclastic's on?

#271 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

No.

The only reason it breaks if you die with coating up is that when you die, coating is no longer up, so the weapon isn't protected when pyro ends (I suspect the game ends them in order of skill id number, ie, the order that the skills were implemented in)

#272 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hi, really great guide, and I'm just wondering if anybody is playing the pure potter build?

Potter Genetic
STR: 1 AGI: 1 VIT: 1 INT: 120+ DEX: 100+ LUK: 100+

How does one play to this build after trans?

Thanks to my melting-faced vermi, I'm now 99/70, and I don't know how I can continue.

Right now I have 1 STR/1 AGI/1 VIT/1 INT, and my vermi is fully grown.

Advice please, it took me so long to get to this stage, and now I don't know what to do....

:p_sick:

Thank you all.

#273 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

That's not how you approach building a potter genetic (and it wasn't  when the guide was written, either. The problem with build guides in RO has always been that people who know how to build chars don't like writing guides - it's a pain in the ass, esp since people expect to be spoon-fed - so the guides get written by people who aren't really qualified to do so. And then it's made worse because a guide gets written, stickied, and then forgotten about, and people are still using it years later when it's obsolete - but you don't want to unpin it, because then there'd be NO guide)

So start from how the buffs are going to be set up.... 

You get -6 int and -5 luk from -stat gear, and -30 from  harmonize and then another -5~10 from black thing. So that's -35 dex, -41 int, -40 luk

120-40 = 80, MC gives +19

If you instead got 90 of same stat...

90-40 = 50, MC gives +49 (max with 99 in that stat on the MCer)...

And so you end up with the same luk once buffed whether you got 120 base luk or 90! If your MC has 120 luk, you could even trim your luk to 80 and still get the same total luk as you would with 120 base luk. 

Assuming your MC is 99/99/99, you'd get no benefit from going beyond these values for base+job, because after MC, they'll all be 139 (assuming you have a proper MC). 

90 luk

91 int

85 dex

Also, it's almost unheardof for someone to actually directly make a potter build genetic, since you can just go PVM build, level it quickly and easily, and then buy 7 reset stones off the market for pocket change (compared to what you'd need for leveling or potting gear) and reset stats to potting build once you're 150/50. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 November 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#274 vRLc

vRLc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

Since there are lots of new enchantable equipments on server,  we need  new builds for genetics. It would be nice if someone (pro about genetic) can share a good mvp build for genetic. I really want to level a genetic for our EndlessTower parties. But i don't know what stat to give or what equipment to buy.

#275 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Also, it's almost unheardof for someone to actually directly make a potter build genetic, since you can just go PVM build, level it quickly and easily, and then buy 7 reset stones off the market for pocket change (compared to what you'd need for leveling or potting gear) and reset stats to potting build once you're 150/50. 

I was hoping to AFK with my killerBee to level up, but it's not working at all.

I hardly get any exp at all.

I guess I do have to level as PVM and then reset later.

Thanks for the advice.

:thx:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users