Post-Balance Genetic Guide - Page 12 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

Post-Balance Genetic Guide

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#276 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, you can't afk-level with homun in renewal anymore because of the level difference penalty and the fact that homuns can't kill high level monsters. 

#277 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

Using your calculator, Azzy, I see that both sword training and axe mastery influence CC attack (I'm assuming only when you have the appropriate weapon equipped). 

Now, in this thread (early on) and in other areas people have said that 'weapon mastery' bonuses are flat damage additions and there-for are only useful for auto-attacking. 

So does mastery factor into skill damage formulas or is it just a flat addition at the end? Or is it some weird hybrid of both? 

#278 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

Using your calculator, Azzy, I see that both sword training and axe mastery influence CC attack (I'm assuming only when you have the appropriate weapon equipped). 

Now, in this thread (early on) and in other areas people have said that 'weapon mastery' bonuses are flat damage additions and there-for are only useful for auto-attacking. 

So does mastery factor into skill damage formulas or is it just a flat addition at the end? Or is it some weird hybrid of both? 

We were wrong early on in the thread w/regards to mastery damage - it clearly does effect skill damage. 

I'm not sure how consistent treatment of mastery damage is. It is certainly not included in AB damage, for example. 

(and yeah, in my calc, if you set a level of the mastery skills, it assumes you have the right weapon. Axe mast works with swords and axes, sword mast just swords. Axe mast probably isn't worth it, though - it's not much damage, and it's 10 skill points that you can't spare.)

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 December 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#279 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

So is Sword Mastery worth it or no?

#280 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:10 PM

Depends on your priorities. It's a small boost, but for leveling, it's probably the most useful thing you could do with the skill points. For endgame stuff, though, there may be more pressing demands on your skill points. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 December 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#281 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

Thanks Azzy, I was partially curious if I should get sword training (at least, early on; can reset later) and also if I should get spear mastery for my RK. This makes me less regretful of having points into spear master ;D

Also, nice AI bra but a question if you would permit me? 

Homunculi do not use skills if you have a chat open (they attack, just no spells or skills used) -- is this intentional or did I fail a spot-check in the customization options?

Edited by mikayel, 23 December 2014 - 12:55 AM.

#282 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

Homunculi do not use skills if you have a chat open (they attack, just no spells or skills used) -- is this intentional or did I fail a spot-check in the customization options?

That is correct. While you have a chat up, neither you nor your homunculus may use skills. This is a restriction enforced by the game - it cannot be bypassed by the AI (in fact, the AI can't even tell that you have a chat up - it keeps trying to use skills, but as you noticed, nothing happens)

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 December 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#283 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

Thanks Azzy, I appreciate your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users