iRO Post-Balance formulas - Page 2 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

iRO Post-Balance formulas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#26 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:33 AM

:waddle: I have a question, and yes, regarding Spell Fist.

Sorcerer
Spell Fist
- Damage bonus changed. increased

Spell Fist
Global Skill Delay: 1 second
Duration: (15 + 5 * Skill Level) seconds
Number of hits: (Skill Level + 1)
Damage: MATK [(100 * Bolt Skill Level) + (50 * Skill Level)] %

As I can notice, the current damage formula is MATK [100 * (Bolt Skill Level + SF Skill Level)] %, which makes me conclude that the new Spell Fist will take Lv10 Bolt instead Lv15 Bolt as currently (at level 5 SF of course), despite the 250% extra MATK, i mean...

New SF = 1250% (Lv5)
Current = 1500% (Lv5)

If the formula is exactly what I look, Spell Fist became weaker instead stronger. Is this true or I'm missing something else

Edit: Current Spell Fist

Edited by NeoNilox, 22 October 2011 - 01:37 AM.

#27 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:25 AM

Thats also assuming that iRO Wiki is correct in the first place unfortunately =\

#28 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

It is you can test it out yourself. <.<

Edit:
However there is a slight detail that can make this still a buff.

Current Spell fist is 500% + 100%*10 hits (though you don't actually see them as separate hits they are there in the calculations) meaning that current spell fist is reduced by s.mdef 11 times! This is why it is so weak. If the new formula makes it 1 hit only and therefore reduced by s.mdef once then it is still a buff.

Edited by Clogon, 22 October 2011 - 02:56 AM.

#29 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

It is you can test it out yourself. <.<

If I could go to kRO and test it I wouldn't have the need to ask it you know ¬¬"

Current Spell fist is 500% + 100%*10 hits (though you don't actually see them as separate hits they are there in the calculations) meaning that current spell fist is reduced by s.mdef 11 times! This is why it is so weak.

Since the Bolt Style formula is known since pre-re ((100% Caster's Matk - Foe's Mdef) * hits) I already knew that SF would be like this, hence the high variance in damage.

Anyway, does this look weak for you?

Spoiler

I dare to say that SF is not weak, the Mdef in high numbers and the Bolt Style Formula makes it less effective (specially in PvP/WoE), and I haven't seen my SF reduced to below 3k per hit so far (except by elemental disadvantages like Shadow2+ and Holy1+)

Anyway, I have 3 theories: Either the 1250% Matk I initially thought, or the same current formula plus the +250%, or the All-In-One formula as you said Clogon.

Well, if someone can test the new SF at kRO (I can't, duh!), try to behold the variance. If said variance is still high, Clogon's theory may not be right since the Bolt Style formula makes the variance to increase.

#30 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

@NeoNilox:
I was talking to Inubashiri that the current formula is correct and that he should test it if he doubts it.

10k/hit is weak especially with SF's limitations. You are not allowed to use any spell else it will removed Spell Fist and have to go into melee range to hit the target. P.wave can do 10k/hit in an AoE. =/

#31 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

Question, I'm unfamiliar with the formulas for the current and new skills. If possible, can you summarize the significant changes made in this upcoming balance patch. Hope its not too much to ask

Thankyou

Edited by generalCOOLyo, 22 October 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#32 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

The problem is that I am not 100% sure whether current available formulas are entirely correct. It's best to test the skills out now and then compare the tests when balance patch hits iRO Sakray.

#33 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Ohh so it won't be implemented to Valkyrie yet? O:

#34 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

@Clogon I presume that said Psy Wave doing 10k per hit was by using very high end gears, or god items, or base level 150 which doesn't suit my case at all, in fact I deal much less Psy Wave damage than damage I deal with Spell Fist regardless the target (exceptions are Shadow2+, Holy1+, possibly Wind, and very high Mdef targets, the last one greatly affecting Psy Wave too) due to my INT being around 115 and base level 113.

Am I wrong? If I am, show me please.

#35 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

@NeoNilox Damagewise don't expect 10k/hit damage, Evidently, your level is way too low. You have to invest your time on getting your level and right equipments. When you reach level 150 you will notice a significant difference on your damage. Don't get fixated on your current level, even level 150 sorcerers are having a hard time getting their damage to 10k / hit.

Key tips:

1. get to level 150
2. get the right build
3. get the right equipment for your build

I hope you find it useful. I have a 150 sorcerer you can contact me for further assistance.

#36 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

@Clogon I presume that said Psy Wave doing 10k per hit was by using very high end gears, or god items, or base level 150 which doesn't suit my case at all, in fact I deal much less Psy Wave damage than damage I deal with Spell Fist regardless the target (exceptions are Shadow2+, Holy1+, possibly Wind, and very high Mdef targets, the last one greatly affecting Psy Wave too) due to my INT being around 115 and base level 113.

Am I wrong? If I am, show me please.

Dude I play on ygg. There are not many good items (2 bryns, 1 meg and 1 asprika only) or "end game" gear. It was just 2 normal 14X Sorc using PW in Nyd TI. 120+ Int is easy on a sorc even at your level (100 base, bless and vip food = 117 already). PW is also 1 hit and reduced by s.mdef a lot less than SF. PW's damage formula is unchanged and the one listed is correct. (70*5s.lvl + 3*120int)*1.12b.lvl*1.2spirit=~955%. The Ferus are level 2 element so they get 1.75 damage. With just 400 matk you will do 6.6k damage more than enough to 1 shot them with PW's 7 hits.

@generalCOOLyo:
How is 10k/Hit on a PW sorc hard? 135 sorc with 140 int and 400 matk will do ~10k on a monster that is 2x weak to an element.

Edited by Clogon, 23 October 2011 - 01:08 AM.

#37 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

i was referring to pvp/woe. my total matk with buff is 600-700 ,still wont do 10k per hit,btw im talking about damage per hit not the total damage of PW,w/c has 7 hits per cast. And i'm talKing about going against well geared players with full reduction gears. to be able to do decent damage you have to have the right build and equips and atleast get to max level.

#38 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

Since when did PvP/WoE came into the discussion? Magic sucks in PVP/WoE. You will never get 10k/hit in PVP unless the other guy is stacking gears to increase the damage they take. <.<

#39 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:05 AM

^ magic does decent damage in pvp/woe with stacked gears

#40 tommor

tommor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:53 AM

D:
Why does warlock skill radius go from passive to active after balancing patch >.<
Thats just wrong...

#41 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

ikr? I think they made a mistake in skill forumla

Edited by zr0rieu, 23 October 2011 - 04:59 AM.

#42 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:30 AM

Zero:

Did you not received data about the Windmill Rush Maestro skill? It is not on the list~

@Topic [Clogon's post on the other page]:

Yes... Let's wait for the files. And for the Sound Amplifiers... Instant cast Reverbs on linked Strings may be a good replacement for Rainstorm if this formula is right.

#43 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

^ magic does decent damage in pvp/woe with stacked gears

I know right, go tell em Zero :waddle:

#44 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

@Clogon that's why I didn't ask for above Base Level 115 since the base level obviously increases PW damage, making 10k per shockwave quite possible =/

I already know that INT 120+ in my char and around Matk 450 (over 550 with Aqua Passive 3) is quite possible, in fact I agree you, yet I'll tell you it's impossible to do over PWs over 5k damage (Neutral) per shockwave due to my current base level (113 at this post), and as you could notice, I'm not a mobber build unlike the majority of the people.

And using Akin's Stat Calc, with exactly this build my PW may not do over 8k damage per shockwave (around 55k ~ 60k total damage) with Summon Passive 2 with the best elemental advantage (not sure if the +20% PW damage applies there), NOT with my current base level. In fact I do better damage with SF due to my Flee, ASPD, Matk and my Siroma carded accesories (currently, bolded and italized word).

For instance, with that current build I could do 28k ~ 39.5k PW total damage with Aqua Passive 2 vs. a Ferus (Red Ferus, green is Bewler ingame) where the summons last for 15 minutes and take 6 Crystal Blues per summon, but I can mob with it, it may not 1-hit the Bewlers though and I have to rely in Blinding Mist to mob. While with SF I could do 7.7k ~ 10.7k damage per hit (around 46.4k ~ 64.7k total damage) at ASPD 182, with no summon nor Siroma card, but I have to solo.

@generalCOOLyo I truly agree you!!!! I was talking about PvM though ^^

Spoiler

Now what I notice, the +20% PW damage (Passive 2) and those +10% damage I said in the spoiler (Passive 1) weren't found at Zero Rieu's New Formulae Sheet. Were they removed from the game?

#45 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Crystallization chance: (5 + 5 * Skill Level) % ????????? 50%? wow?
Targets in Crystallization status will take 1.5 times more damage from Mace and Axe type weapons. WTF???? genetic and sura dealing more damage?????
Targets in Crystallization status will take 50% less damage from Dagger, Sword and Arrow type weapons. WTH?????????? adn the other classes deal less damage?

Psychic Wave

MATK = [{( Skill Level x 70 ) + ( Caster�??s INT x 3 )} x ( Caster�??s Base Level / 100 )] %

now deals 200% less damage >_>

Striking

[{( Skill Level x 2 ) + 8 } x Target�??s Weapon Level] in a weapon level 4, the atk bonus its 320

and now the maximun level learned of endows just affects if the target have those skills..then... self casted it will ads 100 more atk if the user have all endows at level 5

Sorcerer Elementals
Summoned Elementalâ??s STATs are affected by the Casterâ??s Base Level and STATs.

ASPD
150 + [Casterâ??s DEX / 10] + [Elemental Summon Skill Level x 3 ] WHY... was changed from int to dex?

Wind Elemental Ventus will receive the following STAT bonus.
FLEE + (Summon Ventus Skill Level x 20) / MATK + (Summon Ventus Skill Level x 10)
Ventus (Wind Elemental) Level 1 ~ 3, Casterâ??s Bonus Stat: 5 ASPD increase and 1 second Fixed Cast time reduction
Level 2 Passive:
Increases the damage done by Electric Walk by (Casterâ??s Job Level / 2)%.
Increases the damage done by Varetyr Spear by (Casterâ??s Job Level x 5)%
Changes Psychic Wave element to Wind, and increases the SP Cost of Psychic Wave by 1.5 times

AS I THOUGH, AGAIN DOENST SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE CAST TIME REDUCTION >_>

Edited by Mefistofeles, 23 October 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#46 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

Gate of Hell
Variable Cast Time: (0.8 + 0.2 * Skill Level) seconds
Global Skill Delay: (0.1 * Skill Level) seconds
SP Cost: (10 + 1 * Skill Level) %
SP Damage modifier: (1 + 0.2 * Skill Level)
ATK [(Skill Level x 500) x Casterâ??s Base Level / 100] % + (Casterâ??s Max HP - Casterâ??s Current HP) + (Casterâ??s SP x Damage modifier) + (Casterâ??s Base Level x 10)

the sp thing..... its about max or current? why the hell was gate of hell this baddly buffed >_>

#47 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Cooldown
Skill re-use Delay: 5 seconds
Global Skill Delay: 0.5 second
Quality
Skill Effect
Normal:Decreases Overheat counter by 45
Quality:Decreases Overheat counter by 75
High Quality:Decreases Overheat counter by 105

:waddle: Okay, what?

Are they adding an etc item for Cooldown now? God I hope it's lighter than fuels.

#48 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

Zero:

Did you not received data about the Windmill Rush Maestro skill? It is not on the list~

Windmill rush formula's been uploaded. Thanks for pointing that out

#49 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

Now what I notice, the +20% PW damage (Passive 2) and those +10% damage I said in the spoiler (Passive 1) weren't found at Zero Rieu's New Formulae Sheet. Were they removed from the game?

I've only included level 2 passive because they've been changed with the balancing patch. Other modes/levels have been left untouched.

#50 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

A lot of calculations that you've done are HIGHLY incorrect mefisto. I'm not even going to point them out as those are obvious trolls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users