• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Allianty

Allianty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

Ok, so when I started my Commi character, I didn't have a clue how the game worked - I'm only slightly more knowledgeable now (just slightly), and I think I've probably stuffed up my build. My def is embarrassingly low, so I'm thinking a skill/dna reset is on the cards.

I can only find one build example on Requiem Wiki, can anyone give me some example builds or point me to where I might find some more please?
TIA

#2 Allianty

Allianty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Nothing? :thumb:
Just go with the Wiki example then?
Any suggestions? :sigh:

#3 Allianty

Allianty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

:dunno: Too hard? Ok, sorry about that. Maybe someone can answer a simpler question then?

Can I reset my DNA, and is that done with the "DNA Initializing" mail item?
Or should I just get an "Additional DNA Point Coupon(+5)" and whack it onto my defense DNA?

I seem to have found a Commi build, but it's for S1. Honestly, I have no idea how much difference there is between S1 and S2 with regard to building a Commi, as I've only been playing for about a month or less. Would I be able to use this S1 build example for mine?

I know, that's a few questions - hopefully someone will be able to have a go at answering one or more of them... pretty please? :)

TIA.

#4 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:10 AM

yes you can reset your dna with that item and also skill reset will reset your skills and dna

as for build it has changed a bit since last skill changes and lvl cap increase so you need to wait for some experienced commie to reply :/

#5 Allianty

Allianty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:22 AM

Ok, thanks very much for your reply Famous. :) I'm just impatient to get on with this and save myself further embarrassment. ;)
I shall try to control myself and wait patiently. :dunno:

#6 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:45 AM

oh i just noticed, repost it in turan section maybe instead and have a browse there for commander builds

#7 Allianty

Allianty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

Oh, thanks again, I'll do that. :dunno:

#8 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

If you go to the Turan section, FloorMatt has a pretty decent guide, which also includes build(s) and is updated to match recent changes as well. Of course, this is mainly a PvP guide, and relevant build(s). But I am sure you can find good information there.

Now, of course, Commander can be versatile, and be fine tuned to what exactly you would like to do. Also, it can heavily depend on the gear you have or can afford, and the level of upgrades you can afford on the gear.

I will go to some length and present you with my personal build. WARNING: this build is honed to reflect my personal needs in Requiem and reflects the gear I am using. You could say it is a kinda hybrid build, my aim was to be able to do everything: solo, party, tank, dps, mostly PvE, but could also do OK in PvP.

So, here are skill points allocation (at lvl 85), and I have one unspent skill point (havent decided yet):

Defender skills: Fighting Will 1 (prerequisite), Quick Attack 6 (of course you can use as many you need to get 1.0 attack speed, depends on gear), Shield Strike 6, Taunt 1 (no way I can invest more in single target taunt), Taunting Cry 10, Physical Blessing 1 (prerequisite for next skills), Survival Instinct 10, Skin of Stone 10.

Commander skills: Chain Slash 3, Boomerang of Sword Aura 9, Beam Slash 1 (was always 1, even when it was the skill of choice for many Commanders, but nowadays I think there is no point at all for any more. Mostly used for pulling), Moonlight Slash 9, Rush 1, Face Strike 7, Promise of Victory 1, Adamant Mind 10, One-Handed Weapon Mastery 10, Chain of Restraint 3, Uplifting Cry 2.

DNA; Strengthened Survival Instinct 10, Strengthened Skin of Stone 10, One-Handed Weapon Mastery 10. As you can see, these are just 30 DNA points, I havent yet acquired more, it seems that we will be able to use up to 55 points in total. With more points, I will go for Extended Adamant Mind, Potens Moonlight Slash, and possibly Extended Face Strike.

That's it, I hope it gives you an idea!

#9 dofkys

dofkys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Locationhome
  • Server:valdes-trifri

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

If you go to the Turan section, FloorMatt has a pretty decent guide, which also includes build(s) and is updated to match recent changes as well. Of course, this is mainly a PvP guide, and relevant build(s). But I am sure you can find good information there.

Now, of course, Commander can be versatile, and be fine tuned to what exactly you would like to do. Also, it can heavily depend on the gear you have or can afford, and the level of upgrades you can afford on the gear.

I will go to some length and present you with my personal build. WARNING: this build is honed to reflect my personal needs in Requiem and reflects the gear I am using. You could say it is a kinda hybrid build, my aim was to be able to do everything: solo, party, tank, dps, mostly PvE, but could also do OK in PvP.

So, here are skill points allocation (at lvl 85), and I have one unspent skill point (havent decided yet):

Defender skills: Fighting Will 1 (prerequisite), Quick Attack 6 (of course you can use as many you need to get 1.0 attack speed, depends on gear), Shield Strike 6, Taunt 1 (no way I can invest more in single target taunt), Taunting Cry 10, Physical Blessing 1 (prerequisite for next skills), Survival Instinct 10, Skin of Stone 10.

Commander skills: Chain Slash 3, Boomerang of Sword Aura 9, Beam Slash 1 (was always 1, even when it was the skill of choice for many Commanders, but nowadays I think there is no point at all for any more. Mostly used for pulling), Moonlight Slash 9, Rush 1, Face Strike 7, Promise of Victory 1, Adamant Mind 10, One-Handed Weapon Mastery 10, Chain of Restraint 3, Uplifting Cry 2.

DNA; Strengthened Survival Instinct 10, Strengthened Skin of Stone 10, One-Handed Weapon Mastery 10. As you can see, these are just 30 DNA points, I havent yet acquired more, it seems that we will be able to use up to 55 points in total. With more points, I will go for Extended Adamant Mind, Potens Moonlight Slash, and possibly Extended Face Strike.

That's it, I hope it gives you an idea!

fail build

#10 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I am sure you know a lot better! :P