GenPatch [Version 15] :: GenFS [Version 7] - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

GenPatch [Version 15] :: GenFS [Version 7]

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:37 AM

genpatch-logo.pngROSE Online Patch Client (GenPatch) [Version 15]

genpatch-v15-final.png

Downloads

Download ROSE Online Patch Client (GenPatch) [Standalone] [See Q2 For Setup Instructions]

Please note that GenPatch is currently used as the official ROSE Online launcher, which is included with the official game installer by default. It is recommended that you use the official build of the launcher over the unofficial versions of GenPatch.

Version History

Version 15
- Improvement: Improved detection of corrupt clients in preparation for future restoration function.
- New Feature: Addition of two extra customizable launcher buttons.
- New Feature: The Terms of Service will now be displayed once per patch with the game client's removal of the Terms of Service.
- New Feature: Added the ability to restore default values for most options in the Settings window.
- Improvement: Added configurable option for Skill Bar Locking in the Settings window.
- Miscellaneous: Updated the user interface & web based functions.
- Miscellaneous: Compact Mode has been removed.

Previous Versions
Spoiler

FAQ

Q1. What is GenPatch?
A. GenPatch is a patch client and game launcher designed for users who have been having issues getting the new patcher to work correctly under their system configuration, and is available as an unofficial alternative to all users who would like to take advantage of the additional functionality on offer. GenPatch allows users to launch custom plugins once the patching process has been completed and provides buttons to easily access ROSE NA's core services.

Q2. How do I install GenPatch?
A. Download the provided zip file anywhere on your computer and extract the file contents into your ROSE Online Evolution folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/Triggersoft/Rose Online Evolution/). The file genpatch.exe must be located in your ROSE Online folder to operate correctly. If you wish you can create a shortcut to genpatch.exe by right clicking it and selecting Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut). Run genpatch.exe or the shortcut to execute it.

Q3. Does GenPatch require the .NET Framework to run?
A. No. GenPatch was written with users in mind who have been having issues running the official patch client which relies on the .NET Framework. GenPatch has no system dependencies other than ROSE Online itself.

Q4. Why does ROSE crash after a new install?
A. GenPatch creates a SevenHearts.ini with a default configuration when one does not exist to combat this issue. It is recommended that you check your video settings through Settings -> Video Settings if the game has been installed for the first time.

Q5. How do I launch a plugin instead of the game client when patching is complete?
A. GenPatch allows users to specify an alternative application or plugin to launch instead of the game client when pressing the START button once patching has completed. To do this, navigate to Settings -> Launcher and modify the Application and Parameters fields with the appropriate information for your application.

For example, to launch Rescudo's ROSE Essentials (RRE), the following settings are used:
Application RRE.exe
Parameters

Q6. I made a mistake while editing genpatch.ini, how can I fix it?
A. Simply delete genpatch.ini (located in your ROSE Online folder) and restart GenPatch which will create a new configuration file with all the default settings.

Q7. I recieved an HTTP Error message box, what does this mean?
A. The error codes intercepted by the patch client are as follows:
General/Connection Error (Code 0): Ensure you have a stable connection to the internet and have added genpatch.exe to your firewall's exception list. In certain system configurations running under administrative privileges may be required to use GenPatch. This error may also occur when the patch server is offline or unavailable.

Download Error (Code 1XX, 3XX, 4XX, 5XX): If the default settings are used, there is a malfunction with the patch server which prevented a file from being downloaded correctly.

Q8. Will I still have to run the official patch client when GenPatch is installed?
A. No, GenPatch is designed to be a full replacement to the official patch client/launcher meaning you should never have any need to run the official client while GenPatch is installed. However, you may continue to use the official patch client at your own discression. It is highly recommended that you do not run both at the same time as this may provoke undefined behavior that could corrupt your game installation. Additonally, GenPatch also replaces the need for use of the TriggerDetect utility to change video settings as this functionality is available through the Settings window.

Q9. GenPatch is stuck on "Defragmenting VFS, Please Wait..." or is taking a long time to complete.
A. Defragmenting the VFS involves reorganising the game files after a new patch has been installed and may take a few minutes (some VFS files are several hundred megabytes in size), please be patient while it completes this process.

Q10. GenPatch or ROSE crashed after attempting to patch with the official launcher, what could cause this to happen?
A. If you have previously attempted to update the game with the official patch client and aborted it unexpectedly due to some other error, your game client may have been corrupted in the process which will affect GenPatch's ability to apply any patches and update the client correctly. The best course of action to take in this case is to reinstall ROSE and run GenPatch first to ensure that you are updating an uncorrupted game client. Before reinstalling, trying the Check All feature located in Settings -> Tools may repair a game installation that is missing files. Once a patch has started downloading it is strongly advised that you do not run any other patch clients until the update has completed using the current patch client (i.e. do not mix GenPatch and Gravity's launcher during a patch) as this may invoke client corruption.

Q11. How do I set up my client to automatically log into the game?
A. To set up GenPatch to automatically log a game account in after launching navigate to Settings -> Launcher and under Launcher Settings fill in the following text fields (substituting Genesis and mysecret with your account details):
Application: TRose.exe
Parameters: --login --server {ip} --username Genesis --password mysecret

To configure a custom launcher button instead of the START button to perform automatic login, fill in the URL field of the appropriate button with the following (substituting Genesis and mysecret with your account details):
TRose.exe --login --server {ip} --username Genesis --password mysecret

Q12. I have downloaded and enabled a plugin using the Plugin menu but it does not load, how can this be resolved?
A. All plugins that are managed through the Plugin menu require GenFS to operate which can also be downloaded and enabled through Settings -> Plugins -> GenFS. Alternatively, for application type plugins such as RRE, refer to Q5 for further information.

Edited by Genesis, 01 June 2015 - 02:47 PM.

#2 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

ROSE Mod FileSystem (GenFS) [Version 7]

samplemod.png

Downloads

Download & Install via Patch Client [Recommended] [See Q2 For Setup Instructions]
Download ROSE Mod FileSystem (GenFS) [ZIP Archive] [Manual Install]
Download Sample GenFS Mod

Version History

Version 7
- Bug Fix: Newly discovered/downloaded clan marks will now appear correctly.
- Bug Fix: Temporary files and folders will be deleted correctly when not in use.

Previous Versions
Spoiler

FAQ

Q1. What is GenFS?
A. GenFS is a plugin for the ROSE Online game client which enables players to install user created content such as custom user interfaces (see Q7 for restrictions) without altering the game installation. This plugin provides an easy method for mod developers to package and distribute their mods using a standard format, aswell as a clean and safe method for end users to install and maintain the mods they have downloaded.

Q2. How do I install GenFS?
A. GenFS can be automatically downloaded and installed on the patch client by adding GenFS to your plugin list:
From the patch client, navigate to Settings -> Plugins.
Click New Plugin... and enter the plugin name as GenFS. Note that the name must be entered exactly or GenFS won't load.
Check Enable Plugin and Check For Updates.
In the Update URL field, enter the URL
http://mods.roseoffline.com/genfs/genfs.xml
Click OK.

555ab5a749.png

A sample mod for GenFS is available here to verify that the plugin has been installed and is operating correctly.

Q3. How do I uninstall GenFS?
A. To uninstall GenFS, you will have to delete the files GenesisVFS.dll and IJL15.dll from your ROSE Online folder and redownload the original IJL15.dll file which is available here.

Q4. How do I install/uninstall a mod that I have downloaded?
A. Mod files that are compatible with GenFS have a .genfs file extension.

To install a GenFS mod file:
For manually downloaded mods, first copy the .genfs file into your ROSE Online Evolution folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/Triggersoft/Rose Online Evolution/). Note that GenFS mod files are designed to be used without the need for extraction.

Launch the patch client, and navigate to Settings -> Plugins.
Click New Plugin... and give the plugin a short and meaningful name.
Check Enable Plugin.
Check Check For Updates if the mod author has provided an Update URL.
Enter the URL provided by the mod author in Update URL.
Enter the filename of the mod in Plugin Files if no Update URL has been supplied.
Click OK.

If the mod doesn't exist, it will be downloaded and the Plugin Files field will be filled in automatically with all appropriate filenames. For manually downloaded mods that do not have an Update URL, you will have to fill in the Plugin Files field yourself. Each GenFS mod can be enabled or disabled from loading by checking or unchecking Enable Plugin.

To uninstall a mod, delete the mod from your plugin list, then delete or move the .genfs file out of your ROSE Online Evolution folder.

Q5. Certain GenFS mods are causing the NPC dialogue text to disappear, how can this be resolved?
A. On Windows Vista/7, it may be nessecary to run the game with Administrative privileges. To do this, navigate to your ROSE Online Evolution folder (e.g. C:/Program Files/Triggersoft/Rose Online Evolution/) and right click TRose.exe then select Properties. In the Compatibility tab, ensure that the Run this program as an administrator checkbox is ticked and press OK to apply the changes.

Q6. As a mod developer, how can I package up my content for use with GenFS?
A. The mod files that GenFS uses are essentially standard ZIP archives which have been renamed to use the .genfs file extension. To package up your content for distribution, create a regular ZIP archive and add your files into it making sure that the folder structure matches what would be expected by the VFS. For example, if you wanted to use a custom version of 3DDATA/CONTROL/XML/DLGITEM.XML, you would have to create a folder structure within the ZIP archive with a folder called 3DDATA, which contains a folder called CONTROL, which contains a folder called XML, which contains your DLGITEM.XML file. Once you have added your content to the ZIP archive, rename the file extension from .zip to .genfs. You may then distribute your GenFS mod file to end users who will be able to install and use it.

Q7. To what extent can I modify the client?
A. GenFS does not endorse usage of the plugin for malicious or abusive modifications to the game client which do not adhere to Gravity's Terms & Conditions. To limit the potential abuse that may come with modifying the client, the current list of filetypes that can be modified are listed below. Please note that these restrictions may change over time to accommodate future requirements.

Supported Files & Folders
(* indicates that all files and subfolders are to be allowed except where the Supported File Types and Additional Notes state otherwise)

3DDATA/CONTROL/* (See Note #1)
3DDATA/TUTORIAL/* (See Note #2)
PLUGIN/* (See Note #3)
RES/*
SOUND/*
3DDATA/STB/LIST_STRING.STL

Supported File Types (Used In Conjunction With Requirements Above)
Texture Formats: DDS, JPG, PNG, TGA, PSD, CUR, ICO, BMP
Interface Formats: TSI, XML, ID, STL
Sound Formats: OGG, WAV

Additional Notes
#1. Gravity Copyright and Terms of Service image or text files cannot be modified (e.g. COPYRIGHT.DDS).
#2. Tutorial splash screen modifications only (i.e. 01.DDS - 14.DDS).
#3. No file type restrictions apply to the PLUGIN folder.

DLL Plugin Support
To enable injection of a DLL plugin, the DLL must provide a function export called Init which is typically exported in C/C++ using:
__cdecl void Init(void);
Q8. GenFS has been installed, why are the mods I download not being loaded?
A. Firstly, ensure that all mod files are placed in the same folder that GenFS has been installed to and that the stages in Q4 have been followed through. Browse to your ROSE folder, press the Alt key to show the menu bar and select Tools -> Folder Options. In the View tab, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types and click OK. Ensure that the mod file doesn't end in .zip (as it should be yourmod.genfs). Change the file extension to .genfs if it isn't already then go back into Folder Options and check Hide extensions for known file types to restore your original settings.

Note: When downloading a file in Internet Explorer it automatically detects the mod file as a ZIP archive and renames the file extension. To get around this, right click the mod's download link, select Save Target As and change the file extension from .zip to .genfs so the mod will be named correctly once downloaded.

Edited by Genesis, 01 June 2015 - 01:50 PM.

#3 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:10 AM

Bugs & Questions?

Either send me a PM or use this thread to report bugs and suggestions.

[Reserved For Future Project]

Edited by Genesis, 22 July 2010 - 05:14 AM.

#4 Tanks

Tanks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

First of all, grats on the project! I absolutely LOVE genFS

However, there are a few things unknown to cause crashes... Using the gui system, I crash randomly when opening inventory, and crash more often randomly using the template gui... Currently using the Black theme... Disabling the gui seems to fix the crashes, but I love it too much to get rid of it...

Again, thanks!

#5 Blaze

Blaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

Hi, this is going to a be a stupid question and im probably going to get moaned at for it, but how do i install the new Genpatch version, do i just delete the old one from the Rose Online folder and replace it with the new one?

thanks and sorry haha :)

#6 HolyEagle

HolyEagle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationDrinkLand
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Hi, this is going to a be a stupid question and im probably going to get moaned at for it, but how do i install the new Genpatch version, do i just delete the old one from the Rose Online folder and replace it with the new one?

thanks and sorry haha :)

Just download the standalone one, the first one and manually place the exe into ROSE folder and you are done.
Then use it to run the game.

#7 Blaze

Blaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

Just download the standalone one, the first one and manually place the exe into ROSE folder and you are done.
Then use it to run the game.

oh ok then i think i understand, thanks Holy

#8 travis

travis

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

this is going to make me sound like im retarded but what if i cant find my rose folder and ive done the search for it how do i make a new 1???

#9 FatBaby

FatBaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

this is going to make me sound like im retarded but what if i cant find my rose folder and ive done the search for it how do i make a new 1???

You shouldn't have to make a new one. Unless you changed where it was installed, it should be in C:\Program Files(x86)(x86 if your system is 64 bit)\Gravity\Rose Online.
Otherwise find your Rose launcher icon and go to properties and it should tell you where you have it installed.

#10 travis

travis

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

You shouldn't have to make a new one. Unless you changed where it was installed, it should be in C:\Program Files(x86)(x86 if your system is 64 bit)\Gravity\Rose Online.
Otherwise find your Rose launcher icon and go to properties and it should tell you where you have it installed.

ok i instaled it but i also want to know how i see the npc text cause its a pain trying to do event and no text

#11 Blaze

Blaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

ok i instaled it but i also want to know how i see the npc text cause its a pain trying to do event and no text

Try the methods listed in the Rose Online Technical Support subforum.

#12 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

i also have a problem with genpatch.

i startet genpatch....and after klick " start" the genpatch updater startet.

then it says the update is complete ,click continue to start.

but if i click continue...nothing happens...the updater closed but thats all.

any ideas?

#13 Grufftech

Grufftech

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

i also have a problem with genpatch.

i startet genpatch....and after klick " start" the genpatch updater startet.

then it says the update is complete ,click continue to start.

but if i click continue...nothing happens...the updater closed but thats all.

any ideas?

Make Sure your running in Admin mode.

OP> Seriously awesome project man, I love the replacement for ROSE's Patcher... Now if we can just get someone (or ROSE) to pickup RRE again. @_@

#14 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

hmmm... doesnt work.....may i did anything wrong.
i know we had a thread how to change to admin mode...i search.hope i find it.

edit

hmmm...its all ok..the changes i made was right.

still doesnt work.....

any other idea?

Edited by littlekami, 23 July 2010 - 07:37 PM.

#15 ShaiMun

ShaiMun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, Louisiana

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

i had genpatch for a few weeksnow, and i have like one dislike about it. It somehow always freezes the game and makes the window "Not Responding"for aminute or two when i enter a new map or am switching from another client :/ so i removed it and is back to the regular UI :(

I dont know if genpatch uses alot of data :D

Edited by ShaiMun, 07 August 2010 - 09:31 PM.

#16 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

The patch notes and server status pages are temporarily unavailable due to an unexpected hosting failure but should be available again by the end of the day, if not tomorrow.

#17 AppleTNT

AppleTNT

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

I downloaded the ZIP and put the GEN patch into the ROSE online folder and when I run the GEN patch it just says "Checking for Patch Updates".... and i cant start the game :S

#18 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

I downloaded the ZIP and put the GEN patch into the ROSE online folder and when I run the GEN patch it just says "Checking for Patch Updates".... and i cant start the game :S

It's likely that your game client is corrupted, reinstall and patch up using GenPatch to make sure you're patching an uncorrupted client.

#19 Capepanwa

Capepanwa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:42 AM

the downloads arent working for me.
it only opens in word, thats all..

#20 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

It says i need GenFS to use the GlossyOnes, but I already tried the instructions here but still the Glossy didnt work.

#21 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:27 PM

It says i need GenFS to use the GlossyOnes, but I already tried the instructions here but still the Glossy didnt work.

Posted Image
Make sure you've set up GlossyBLUE as follows (replace GlossyBLUE with the colour you want to use), and have checked "Enable Plugin" and "Check For Updates" under GenFS. Also make sure that you have no running game clients when adding new plugins so that the client can be updated as nessecary.

#22 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:18 AM

Thanks, it works now,..

#23 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:39 AM

One more problem, why does my client crashes before entering the "Terms & Condition"?

#24 HolyEagle

HolyEagle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationDrinkLand
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:24 AM

One more problem, why does my client crashes before entering the "Terms & Condition"?

Most likely it didn't install/update properly.
Uninstall and clearly reinstall.

#25 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:21 AM

Server status doesnt seem to show for me, can you tell me how to fix it? (All i see are lines without that CPU checkmark thing)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users