330 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

Short week for us due to the Veterans Day Holiday on the Auspicious 11/11/11. But we got fun stuff (and likely some controversial stuff for you)

• Halloween Event : Ecto Exterminators Ends
  • Halloween Event : Queen of the Dead Ends
  • Halloween Spooky Machine : Ends
  • Sale of Halloween Spooky Pack/Crate ends
  • Sale of Witch's Pumpkin Hat : Ends
  • Sale of Gozarian Mask : Ends
  • HE Bubble Gum Sale starts up for 1 week 600pt for a box
  • Green Ale will be removed from Carts.
  • Green Ale will gain a cooldown time of 10 seconds for reuse. and weight increased to 25.
  • HE Bubble Gum and HE BM and BM X3 will gain a 1 minute cooldown (to prevent accidentally using too many)
  • Dracula will only resummon mob when 2 or less Bats remain. This is so people actually trying to kill Drac can kill off the mob to a fleeable point, mob HP remains supercharged.
  • Looking at the seals issue on Ymir, we may have to move some maps to get it working as intended, many maps may be shuffled around this maintenance to optimize.
  • New Turnins (we'll post which ones soon)
    70-95 Einbroch Mine
    - Teddy Bear
    - Waste Stove
    105-120 Juperos Center
    - Green Dimik
    - Blue Dimik
    - Orange Dimik
    - Red Dimik
    125 -140 Manuk Field
    - Centipede
    - Bradium Golem
  • Turnin for Green Ales, Go to the Spooky Machine and turnin
    5 Green Ales = 2 Ygg Seed
    5 Green Ales = 1 Yggdrasilberry
  • 2 VIP only quests
    Talk to the Chef in Eden Group
    Offers Quest to hunt 200 Drosera to get 6 Drocera Tentacle and a bit of EXP
    Also 200 Gazeti, to get 6 ice Piece and some EXP.
    These are 1 time a day quests for VIP, only 1 of them can be taken per day, we will add the other ingredients as time goes on.
  • Upgrader "Enriched Hammer" comes to town in the Eden Group.
    He uses Enriched Ore to attempt to safely upgrade +7 gear to +9. It still costs zeny (20,000) but he uses the "enhanced rates" rather than the normal rates like the HD upgrader does.
  • Double Drops this week for Veteran's Day celebration
  • Evil Marcher hat and Holy Marcher hat effects will match their descriptions
  • +9 Morroc Minion Doll will cast Critical wounds when attacking, in addition to casting it when attacked (as usual)
    Future plans is to have a combined use of both HD and Enriched but no z cost to do this same type of function. But this is an event so it is a bit less item intensive than the long term version will be.
  • Next Week
    Eden Merit Badge redemption becomes more expensive, Gramps will double his payout for VIP.
  • 2 = 10x "KVM Badge"
    2 = 10x "Bravery"
    2 = 10x "Valor"
    5 = 5x "Medium Life Potion"
    5 = 5x "Life Insurance"
    5 = 5x "Token Of Siegfried"
    7 = 1x "Job Battle Manual"
    8 = 1x "Reset Stone"

The reason for the Eden Merit Badge price update is I can't lower the payout below 1 (for math reasons) and I need a lower denominator to divide in, some MVPs would be dropping like 2-3 EBM worth of stuff but only cost 2 to resummon, creating inflation. We want to add more things into the Eden merit badge cycle but we need to be able to have the minimum EBM price lower a bit.

Green Ale Change: The reuse timer is likely going to happen with 14.1 anyway, so this is the most humane way I can think of to not make them account bound or change their healing rate. Just a warning though, next St Pats the Green Ales will degenerate as they "get stale" so in March/April they will be 50% heal, and every month after they go down 10% until they are 0% value when they will deleted. We will do a couple "green ale" seasons a year where they are refreshed. St pats hat will work best during those seasons.

This week there is an exchanger in place of the Spooky Machine that will eat your Green Ales and give you Ygg seeds and Ygg Berries. This is so you can "cash out" now.

#2 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Awesome move on the manual cooldown! Very much appreciated.

The eden badge part is a bit confusing. VIP members will get double badges for doing kill counts? Will MVPs also cost twice as many badges to summon now?

#3 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

any update on +9 incarnation effect, and please update the evil/holy marching as well so they give corresponding stats.

Edited by brothersfree, 08 November 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#4 Seraphim

Seraphim

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm going to miss the Spooky Machine :mellow:

#5 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

The Eden prices are surprising... and wait no lucky boxes? Thanks for making our pockets rest.

Also, is the Black Devil Mask now available for trade? ...

Edited by Chigikogou, 08 November 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#6 Chrisalyd

Chrisalyd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

so is there any bonus on eden badges for be VIP?

#7 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Is the spooky machine leaving? Or will it just go back to its Pre-Halloween contents?

#8 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for bringing HE Gums back :mellow:

About the Merit Badge rates:
I would say actually "doubling" the Eden Merit Badge prices is enough... so that means

2 = 10x "KVM Badge"
2 = 10x "Bravery"
2 = 10x "Valor"
4 = 5x "Medium Life Potion"
4 = 5x "Life Insurance"
4 = 5x "Token Of Siegfried"
6 = 1x "Job Battle Manual"
8 = 1x "Reset Stone"

instead of

2 = 10x "KVM Badge"
2 = 10x "Bravery"
2 = 10x "Valor"
5 = 5x "Medium Life Potion"
5 = 5x "Life Insurance"
5 = 5x "Token Of Siegfried"
7 = 1x "Job Battle Manual"
8 = 1x "Reset Stone"

#9 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

• Halloween Spooky Machine : Ends

Please dont forget to put a NPC that deletes the quest (ALT+U) for "UPGRADE TIMER QUEST". Its annoying when alot of the old quest stacks up and cant be deleted since you forgot to put a NPC that deletes it from the list. Thank You!

Edited by Monkey D. Luffy, 08 November 2011 - 05:46 PM.

#10 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Why are you guys changing the equipments Merry Badger accepts without informing us? I can't even trade in Hatii Claws [1] anymore (not listed in equipments anymore), despite her saying she still accepts them in her trade-in rates.

If you're going to change the prices of EMB related stuff, at least make sure everything related to EMB's is working properly first.

#11 Account

Account

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

Will the witch hat be trade-able? I managed to get it on an alt character but not on my main and would really like to move it to my main.

#12 HealerMan

HealerMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

A shame that my PS3 is taking time from RO...seeing from the changes occuring, looks like I'm going to be taking a break for a while until something more interesting will come or the new episode comes out.

- HealerMan of Chaos -

#13 htperkins

htperkins

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

Can you pleases address the effect of +9 morroc doll hat?

#14 eric

eric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

i agree to streetfighta, must be "double"....

#15 lrresponsible

lrresponsible

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

Well, that more or less renders my ale stock useless.

Thanks, Gravity!

#16 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

Slim efficiency?

#17 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

can you guys like, change the healing efficiency of slims before nerfing ale that way.

cos i don't wanna rely on bwing inn to heal myself

#18 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

The reason for the Eden Merit Badge price update is I can't lower the payout below 1 (for math reasons) and I need a lower denominator to divide in, some MVPs would be dropping like 2-3 EBM worth of stuff but only cost 2 to resummon, creating inflation. We want to add more things into the Eden merit badge cycle but we need to be able to have the minimum EBM price lower a bit.
sons.

I see you dont really play the retarded game, each EmB have a value of 1M, the normal mvps still have those insane looooooooooooooooong respawn rates :mellow:
Can you ask before doing this kind of changes? its just the second most stupid thing i ever seen,

HEIMDAD, THIS KIND OF NOTICE NEEDS AT LEAST 1 WEEK TO BE IMPLEMENTED TO GIVE CHANCE TO SPEND THE EMB, SOME PEOPLE ITS NOT IN FORUMS EVERY TIME, THINK ABOUT IT............ :(

can you post a example of your perfect math? becouse i dont see wheres the logic, wich kind of mvp drops something that gives you 3 EMB???? you know misc items like rosata stone ask 3 pieces of then right? RIGHT?????????????????

#19 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

will the marching hats become tradable? (the ones we got for the +9 doll)

#20 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

I see you dont really play the retarded game, each EmB have a value of 1M, the normal mvps still have those insane looooooooooooooooong respawn rates :mellow:
Can you ask before doing this kind of changes? its just the second most stupid thing i ever seen,

HEIMDAD, THIS KIND OF NOTICE NEEDS AT LEAST 1 WEEK TO BE IMPLEMENTED TO GIVE CHANCE TO SPEND THE EMB, SOME PEOPLE ITS NOT IN FORUMS EVERY TIME, THINK ABOUT IT............ :(

can you post a example of your perfect math? becouse i dont see wheres the logic, wich kind of mvp drops something that gives you 3 EMB???? you know misc items like rosata stone ask 3 pieces of then right? RIGHT?????????????????

Uhh Mefistofeles, I'd hate to calm you down on this one. Have you read that Gramps will be doubling the EMB payouts for VIPs?

#21 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

can we have some sort of trade in for ales for anything else like 4 ales to 1 seed or w/e ratio so at least i can get a small fraction out of the crap you turned ales to?

or better yet can i trade like 1 ale for 1 slim that heals 3-4x the amount of what slims do now?

Edited by Andini, 08 November 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#22 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Uhh Mefistofeles, I'd hate to calm you down on this one. Have you read that Gramps will be doubling the EMB payouts for VIPs?

i dont do the turning crap, i hunt MVPS >_____< thats just more pay 2 win

#23 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Wait, did we not chance the ales weight?

#24 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

i dont do the turning crap, i hunt MVPS >_____< thats just more pay 2 win

But that's the point .. MvPs drop items, items = EMB about 2-3, 2 EMB = Summon/ which is unlike before that MVPs are cheap to summon at a cost of 1EMB.
You have no rights for this one and so are we since Ragnarok now revolves on Summoning MvPs than hunting them. :mellow:

#25 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

dear Heim,

It has been brought to my attention that you will be adding a delay on green ales. Let me tell you why this is a bad idea before you guys implement the balance patch.

First, A large number of AoE skills will become outpottable. Think Storm Blast, Dragon Breath, Overbrand, & Sorcs with hibrams(zero). This would make any proper castle defense nearly impossible to break, as any guild with a decent AoE killer would easily wipe a decent majority of any attacking force.

secondly, there is no other reliable source of hp that gives a decent amount of hp. Slim Potions don't heal anywhere near 10% of your hp, and should be buffed if you were to implement the delay.

lastly, It is -_-ing class warfare. Do not discriminate on classes with real HP mods(All classes but genetic/warlock). It would take us at least 3 seconds to pot up to full hp with slims.

j/k.

No seriously, buff slims so that they arent crap or don't add delay until balance patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users