Which one is the best and fun server? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Which one is the best and fun server?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 sato18

sato18

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

Which one is the best and fun server?

Im starting this game again and im wondering which is the best server and fun job class right now.. thanks for the reply guys

#2 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

:)

#3 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Valkyrie= lots of people & bots everywhere; highest prices and lowest prices here (very extreme market), but just about any item will always be available on the market when you want it though, because of bots. Uhmm... people here are generally rude (killstealing/flaming/trolling/skill abusing) and really suspicious of one another. Eden group is packed 24/7 here and you won't be able to see anything but vends/chats in there. If you wanna chill and make friends, go to South Prontera (one map south from Prontera City)[ I started out on this server and then switched to Ymir. ]
Free to play server.

Yggdrasil= .... I tried this server for two days and hated it. There are bots but not as many as Valkyrie. Not very many friendly/talkative people from what I saw; everyone keeps to themselves and their guilds and they talk in private/party/guild chats instead of public. A lot of so-called elitists here (but they all name themselves that). This server bored and annoyed me :\
VIP server.

Ymir=Lot of truly elite players here that have been around for a long time. Hardly any bots, and the only glimpse you'll get of one is the teleport skill they use to get away from you. People here are friendly and welcoming. Not everyone is suspicious of each other like on Valkyrie (where most everyone assumes that everyone bots and/or buys zeny with real money).
VIP server.

These are my personal opinions.
Every server has different kinds of people so don't feel offended by these generalizations. (I had good friends on Valkyrie and met one nice guy on Ygg.)
Every server is undergoing inflation to an extent and botting as well (Ymir/Ygg have the least).
Whichever server you choose, please join a guild. Once you make a friend it doesn't matter what the server is like. Remember this.

Edited by Okii, 10 November 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#4 Loki1669

Loki1669

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

It truly depends on what you consider best and fun.

Valkyrie server is pretty fun, mainly because of the larger population (I always see parties gathering in eden) and larger variety of shops (with or without botted goods). Sad to say, but due to the bots etc, its easier to obtain decent gears/cards early on. Making zeny is considerably easier as well, if you know what to hunt.

Ymir server, as stated by someone above, is the "veteran server". Whenever i log in to check it out these days (after having played on chaos/ymir for years), I rarely see anyone around. Even in eden or pront, the number of people is nothing in comparison to Valk.

Honestly, Valkyrie server is best for starting off hands down. I'd highly recommend starting there, and then if you still prefer another server, transfer over to that server.

#5 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Ygg actually has a lot more of bots than valk if compared in a human:bot ratio.

For the best experience, I'd suggest either ymir or valk. Ymir has an economy where consumables aren't fueled by bots, making consumables a relatively decent way to earn some zeny.

Valk has consumables completely provided by bots, which means you'd have to compete with bots when it comes to vending consumables. However, most lower level players are generally found at valk, which means partying is a lot more common.

As for a fun class to play, that is totally up to your play style. I'd tell you to stay away from Suras, and go for classes like AB, Geneticist, Wanderer, Maestro, Sorcerer & Rune Knight, but that is my personal preference and not yours.

I'd advise you to look over the irowiki forums(not the actual site) for an accurate analysis what class does what, or ask someone on irowiki for an in-depth explanation on the roles of each class.

Edited by Alca, 10 November 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#6 sato18

sato18

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

i see, thanks alot thats a good start off on which one will i pick :) appreciate it

#7 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Valkyrie, because there is always a mini-game there made by bots such as:

I Chase U Run
Please read "I'M BUYING"
Commengetmeh~

#8 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

You can make a Character on each one, so make one, walk around, interact with some people and see what one you like best.

I personaly like Ymir best, but Valk is not bad either. Ygg = dead...

#9 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

i rather like yagg :D active people can be found in edan second floor, tho it dose have its bad side
the bots are worse then the other 2 servers combined(last night thier where like 50 diffrent novices at pront spamming).. and things are grossly inflated. if you feel like trying ygg i wouldent mind helping you out :(, if you choose to try our server and like it im shure youll be able to catch me on sometime on llzarrockll, ill be glad to help you get started, throw some decent starter gears your way and possibly make a char with you. im always glad to help new players out and to make new freinds :3

Edited by llzarrockll, 11 November 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#10 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

If you're to be a-_- go anywhere but Valkyrie.

#11 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Valkyrie= lots of people & bots everywhere; highest prices and lowest prices here (very extreme market), but just about any item will always be available on the market when you want it though, because of bots. Uhmm... people here are generally rude (killstealing/flaming/trolling/skill abusing) and really suspicious of one another. Eden group is packed 24/7 here and you won't be able to see anything but vends/chats in there. If you wanna chill and make friends, go to South Prontera (one map south from Prontera City)[ I started out on this server and then switched to Ymir. ]
Free to play server.

You must be with the wrong people to think most of the people on Valk's rude.

#12 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

You must be with the wrong people to think most of the people on Valk's rude.

Every server has different kinds of people so don't feel offended by these generalizations. (I had good friends on Valkyrie and met one nice guy on Ygg.)

Edited by Okii, 11 November 2011 - 12:23 AM.

#13 tioluko

tioluko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

The server that you identify most and that you already made friends is surely the best.

Of course they have their technical differences (bot, population, vipness, etc) but what really matters is to be where you have more fun.

#14 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

The server that you identify most and that you already made friends is surely the best.

Of course they have their technical differences (bot, population, vipness, etc) but what really matters is to be where you have more fun.

+1

#15 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

If you want to be anything more than an ant in a crowd you'd pick ygg. If you wanna go ymir or valk based on them having a one upmanship contest on whos best go ahead we dont want idiots on our server.

Ygg is the newest server and the only one where everything isnt set in stone guild wise and gear wise.

#16 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:16 AM

If you want to be anything more than an ant in a crowd you'd pick ygg. If you wanna go ymir or valk based on them having a one upmanship contest on whos best go ahead we dont want idiots on our server.

Ygg is the newest server and the only one where everything isnt set in stone guild wise and gear wise.

That's a great way to get people to play on Ygg XD
Call them idiots for choosing something other than your server...

/sigh

Why not just post the ups and downs of your server from personal experience?

Edited by Okii, 11 November 2011 - 03:16 AM.

#17 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:57 AM

So you suck at WoE and Pvp.

No need to get mad about it brah.

#18 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

If you base your opinion on the rantings of biased forum posters to decide you are an idiot.

Fed up of these topics which end in slagging matchs.

If you want to feel like an elitest and look down on free servers go ymir, if you wanna bot and not pay go valk.

I couldnt give a monkeys and arent going to offer any help to pursuade ppl as nearly every nab either starts botting or suddenly quitting without a word keeping the gear you lent them.

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

If you base your opinion on the rantings of biased forum posters to decide you are an idiot.

Fed up of these topics which end in slagging matchs.

If you want to feel like an elitest and look down on free servers go ymir, if you wanna bot and not pay go valk.

I couldnt give a monkeys and arent going to offer any help to pursuade ppl as nearly every nab either starts botting or suddenly quitting without a word keeping the gear you lent them.

Come on dude, don't call people biased then follow it up with a biased sentence. That's not cool.

If you don't like helping new players, that's fine, just don't. But there's no need to insult everyone!

To the OP :

Ymir is small but old. As such theres higher expectations of players - but people are mostly friendly.
Ygg is smallest but new, there's a closer knit community which means if you don't fit in then there's a harder time finding an in crowd to get along with. Other than that, there's not so much high end gear so less expectation of a player to be "elite"
Valk is just huge. It has bots, it has players. It's ok to be a noob on valk and there's a lot of elitists. It's a big mix of everything really. But the bots are a huge factor.

Which is why I prefer Ymir.

#20 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:46 AM

If you want a valid answer to this go check the other posts asking the same thing and look where said posters chars got too.

All you get here is.

Ymir players - we the most established and elite and have less bots. If you want to be elite you have to come here.

Valk - Well we have more ppl and a bigger woe and less pay to win and better market.

Ygg - we dont care and went ygg to stay away from masses. We all hang out in eden group. Its the place to go id you couldnt care less

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:18 AM

I never played Ygg, so I can't have an viewpoint on this. I heard it got heavily botted when open.

The amount of bots on Ymir is low, it seems they get banned very fast, and most of the people I found is nice. I even liked when I noticed people was normally chatting in towns. Unfortunately, I got lonely on Ymir and quit. Even South Prontera [aka deadbranch field] is dead on the server. You get money fast and most of the end gear is very avaiable, so actually it does not take long to be competitive on Ymir, at least to go to 150, where you can still use nyds, variants, and so on. If you like hunting monsters and such, I believe Ymir may be the best.

While Ymir is the best to make money, Valk is the best to spend it, but the hardest to make. We have bots. We have zeny spammers. It makes almost everyone quit. I made friends faster on Valkyrie, and this is the reason I was unable to quit it to go to Ymir.

But if I knew earlier people like Okii and Xellie, and some other of the people I met on the Funginners crew who plays Ymir, maybe I would feel comfortable in the server.

For WOE, I would choose Valkyrie or Yggdrasil, but even if one or two alliances rule the server, you still have one [small] chance. I overheard [correct me please, this is just something I read somewhere else] only one alliance rules the whole Ymir server.

Class? I would recommend reading the descriptions of all the classes and check what feels fun for you.

Edited by asayuu, 11 November 2011 - 06:20 AM.

#22 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

YMIR!

#23 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:42 AM

@ Codface,
You are free to state your opinion, but discrediting others' opinions on this matter with invalid reasons does not contribute to the discussion at hand.

#24 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

@ Codface,
You are free to state your opinion, but discrediting others' opinions on this matter with invalid reasons does not contribute to the discussion at hand.

And your post contributes how?

Surely this could of been sent via private mail.

Feel free to moderate this and delete it along with your own post though.

#25 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

Not going to moderate it but kindly ask for respectful constructive posts please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users