take it off. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/sterb041.gif

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

Tbh i find that now less people leave the party and there is less qq in the TB chat. Still, i agree that isnt the final solution, but was a good start.

If the teams are balanced, then the rage wont make much effect and all will go ok, but if the teams are unbalanced, it give something to the other team to fight back: in most cases they still wont win but at least they can get good contribution and there is less people leaving the party.

#3 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

Agree with Nady! ^^

#4 Praxidikae

Praxidikae

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Locationwest coast canada :)

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

I do agree with Nadesh for the most part. When teams are unbalanced (As they usually are) it's a slaughterhouse. And as you mentioned, people leave the party constantly. So rage does make it interesting - gives losing team a fighting chance. Although I must admit I am pretty shocked when a team is leading by 100ish points and they end up losing because the other team has insanely high rage, and the lvl 40s can take down lvl 70s no sweat. :p_omg:

#5 RaveNebulE

RaveNebulE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

yeah I know, but still annoying ¬n¬
would be cool if at least "soccer kick" could kick off rage as other buffs

#6 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

Change the thread's title to ''How to buff assassins'' ;x

#7 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

I thought about that one since a longer time ...

why not put in the middle of the Map of item (Power-Up) which is called: RAGE, once one person of your Team pics Rage up (with walk over it) your full Team will get for 30sec Rage. The Rage Status for each player is getting up by each 5 kills you do without dying. Once RAGE is wearing off. RAGE will have than a respawn time of 2min, until it pops up again in the middle of the TBF Map.

Give it a good placed location in the Center of the Map, so that you can be killed of the enemy force once you try to pick it up.

Posted Image

So goal of TBF would be, take control of the Flags, and Rage. So you have Defend the one who is about to collect Rage for your team. With that solution RAGE would be still in game and it would extend the gameplay of the current TBF.

For each time you picked up Rage for the team you get half of the Contribution has if you have fragged (killed) a enemy.

Seriously i would like to have a Test-Map for it and test it out. :p_omg:

Edited by Arktur, 04 September 2010 - 06:24 PM.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:44 AM

I like the idea, but maybe only be able to pick it if the team is losing, or something like that, because otherwise the stronger team will camp it and we would be in the same place again. Of course, is hardder to camp when there are many things like several flags and the rage flag/totem.

Edited by Nadesh, 04 September 2010 - 04:44 AM.

#9 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

@ Nadesh:
I dont think that it will be harder, but you have to remember once you pick that Power-Up up, you and your Team will get Rage! But only for 30sec. Rage will
have a respawn time of 120sec
once someone has picked it up. The Rage System would be totally changed with this, cause Rage-Status will only go up by each
5 or 10 frags (kills) you do
. But that would be Player-Side, which means you have unlocked Rage for your Team, while walking over the Power-Up, than you unleash: Rage 2.
You get killed you fall back to: Rage 1. So with that some people will have high Rage some not and you might defend the people who have High Rage.

Imagine a aura around the people who have RAGE:
Posted Image
As higher the Rage-Status as brighter or darker the aura is. With that the enemy is tactical warned who has high rage and who not.
(Brightness and Color of rage are depending on what looks better for Requiem, of course)

With that, the Teams would be forced: to work more together. The key goal of TBF would be to time the Rage Power-Up and get the Flags. Rage will least just for
30sec. So the other Team could also go hide somewhere during the 30sec of Rage, with that the Team would have picked up Rage for nothing. :p_omg:

Example for a 10min TBF Match

1 min
2 min - Rage (1st Rage)
3 min
4 min - Rage
5 min
6 min - Rage
7 min
8 min - Rage
9 min
10 min - Rage (last chance)

The 1st Rage will Spawn at the 2min mark, Rage will be placed at the Center of the map. Imagine, hard fights around the area
where rage is. It's location, will be hard to reach because of that, and the Location where it is, i am thinking it on a
location where you can be fragged from each side: Side / Front / Back / Top. Imagine it in a kinda Tunnel or a cool looking
destructed factory (which has be run be evil scientist before) or what ever.

But there should be a hint like a Center System Message: "The Enemy Team is on Rage" for your Team if you have Rage: "You are on Rage"
and a general warning 3sec before RAGE is gone: "Rage is wearing OFF". Would be cool to find in Scoreboard after match what was there
players max Rage. =) . But that all must be testified also at what number of frags (kills) in ROW without dying, RAGE should go up.
5 frags in row or 10 frags in row. (Keep in mind for some classes it would be harder to get RAGE and for some easier, so it must be a value
of frags, where each class feels comfy with and it should not be to hard and to easy to get!)

Edited by Arktur, 04 September 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#10 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

With rage, every TB I went, the battle is close.

How's this an issue?

Before TB Rage:
- people leave.
- 1 side end up with lowbies.
- spawn camping.
- battle scores can by off by 300 kills.

After TB Rage:
- people stay.
- 1 side does not end with lowbies.
- can't spawn camp.
- battle score is no more than 30 kills off.

#11 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:39 AM

@ Arktur: i like your idea, for a new battlefield could be great. But, it still wouldnt benefit more the team with most higher lvls? I mean, the system looks great but also looks balanced in the sence that give the same adventage to both sides: while the rage we have now give adventage to the losing team, to give them a chance to recover from the points difference.

#12 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

Well the Battlefield is always kinda depending on the High LvLs in Team i have seen times ago LvL 25 - 40 vs LvL 65 - 79, the fact is the joining team is too unbalanced, you can come in every team. The Rage System which is build in atm. is too much, i did calc by now how long Rage least but it's a hell of a time and a way too long. sure every one wants rage but all QQ if other Team have Rage .. well not all but a few do ... i seriously guess that that Rage System would be extremely more balanced than the Rage Systems by now.

Some Positive Suff about that Rage-System:
- You know, when Rage Comes (2min Mark form than on each 120sec)
- You know, how long you or your enemy will have Rage
- You know, who has high Rage or not
- You know, who you have to be aware of
- Everyone of the Team has the ability to unlock Rage, while walking over the Power-Up
- You have the ability to weaken the raging team cause rage drops back to "Rage 1" if killed.
- Your Personal Rage-Status goes only up every 5 or 10 kills, you do.
- No more full enemy force with Rage 10.
- Rage-Status is spread around by players!
- People will try to unlock rage cause it gives a bit contribution for you, if you unlock it for your team
- In the Time-Frame where Rage respawns you take care about Flags
- In the Time-Frame where Rage is about to spawn you will take care about rage and try to push forwards to unlock rage.
- TBF would be a different Gametype from all and would have a new, fresh Gameplay Style
- Gametactic for that gameplay would vary form others which are build in
- With that there would be more Movement on that Map than before.

* Both values must be testified for a week and than discussed in the Forum, to find out what is better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users