Ant Hell its srs business y'all! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ant Hell its srs business y'all!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 TheWayToRebirth

TheWayToRebirth

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

Wall of text may occur or not.. xd

So whenever I have made new characters, like many, I go to Ant Hell. I go around lvls 20-25 and leave at 35-40 depending on class. getting to 40 is pushing it and past it feels pointless. Now this area is hugely popular sought after newbies and even experienced players. Maybe even "veterans".

So do I expect to have the spawn for myself?
Me: No.
Others: Many for some reason believe they own the spawn as soon they enter. It doesn't if they were first or second on the spawn.

Do I make it so that others can't kill eggs even when I'm using AOE oriented chars?
No. If I AOE I stick to one set of eggs if there's enough that it wont disturb others. Even if it means the small group of eggs and letting 1v1(s) have the bigger group if they re not too weak and kill too slow.

Others: Eff the newbs! AOE everything! Even if its just a nab support priest trying to lvl!!!

When it is too packed what do I do?
Me: A. Leave, go to another map. No sense in fighting over eggs just because they're easy kills and sometimes get exp at a slow rate if I stayed fighting over them.

Me: B. Come back at a later time. Log off. Do something else.

Others:Many have the audacity of bringing their higher lvl characters (even 3rd classes)and either:

A. Kill everything dont let anyone else kill.
B. Bring an Azoth or Poly Clip and make a strong monster appear to kill the players.
C. Bring one (sometimes multiple) Alchy/Bio/Gen with his lvl 99 pet using the speed buff bug and go afk and come back to find all the newbs are gone.
Repeat any of the above when people show up again.

There are many other things that happen in this place. Like the wiz that was using Ice Wall preventing Mercs and Homun from afk people from killing while his mage friend used Fireball on eggs. This place seems to bring out the worst in people when they talk as well. Threats of reporting, swearing, arguments, you name it.

Today I was trying to get my newly transed Mage to level 35 or so. It looked quite busy. I made my way down to the egg spawn deepest to the south of the dungeon. There was a Genetic there and a girl alchy sitting next to him as her low lvl Homun atked. Note that these egg spawn in a square around what looks like a huge ant head. Thus there 4 sides if I remember correctly. So I placed myself on the OPPOSITE side from them and killed. Since the Homun killed pretty slow (40-50 dmg per atk with misses in between atks) I killed a few on the sides but didnt touch anywhere around the homun. Girl stands and leaves elsewhere. I wait for the eggs to respawn. Cue the Genetic using Cart Cannon on the eggs I was targeting. Plus killing any single eggs with his dagger I tried to kill with Fire Bolt. He had Azoth, I know because one egg transformed. He even summoned his lvl 99 homun with the speed buff bug.

Me: "You just don't want me to have any eggs huh"
Him: "Of course not"
Me: "What does a genetic need here anyway? Waiting for Maya or just trolling?"
Him: "People like you to not disturb my lvling. and yes to troll"

I will never understand why people think like this. I wasn't even KSing the homun that was there nor trying to kill everything for my own. I moved eventually. I asked a couple of guys if they could let me aoe for a minute so I could get the 15% I needed and they allowed me to :mellow: I went back to see if the Gen was still there. As well as to check if the girl came back when I left. On the way I find I a Skeleton Soldier. Which I believe is from GH. I guide it to the Genetic so he can kill it. Which his homun did. I saw the girl back along with a new one that was also an Alchy with pet. "Niza Azoth! I brought your pet back for ya! :thumb: Have fun. :3 I'm gonna leave this place just like many before and after me."

Edited by TheWayToRebirth, 19 November 2011 - 01:56 PM.

#2 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

I lol'd

People are very competitive and greedy with ant eggs...
Rude 95% of the time sometimes, even.

But it's like 1897496346 times worse with MVP's =(
Had a guy come and watch me and my roommate hurt Dracula for a minute, then fire trap it dead, proceeding to call us weak.

I feel ya on the ant eggs though. There's always a wizzy claiming the entire spawn around the entrance.
ALWAYS*

*on Valk

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:11 PM

Whacking other people's eggs = serious business.

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

If he was really using an Azoth on you to scare you off, screen shot it and report it and move on.

I know that's not what you want to hear, and I know the GMs rarely take action against such things, but it's really all you can do. If enough evident against a certain player is collected, it can be used against them. Maybe even try PMing Oda the ticket number and ask him to personally look at it. He's generally better then the ticket staff when it comes to trying to keep players happy.

It's been proven time and time again that any public discussion of it just turns into a giant cesspool of "us" vs "them" arguments. Yes, it sucks getting harrassed by a Genetic. But, as a Genetic I've gotten harassed myself plenty of times (and no, I never level in Ant Hell). The thing is... It's easy to always blame the other party.

#5 TheWayToRebirth

TheWayToRebirth

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

I lol'd

Had a guy come and watch me and my roommate hurt Dracula for a minute, then fire trap it dead, proceeding to call us weak.

I feel ya on the ant eggs though. There's always a wizzy claiming the entire spawn around the entrance.
ALWAYS*

*on Valk

LOL I think Ive seen it x3

Whacking other people's eggs = serious business.

Inb4Whysoserious :mellow:

If he was really using an Azoth on you to scare you off, screen shot it and report it and move on.

I know that's not what you want to hear, and I know the GMs rarely take action against such things, but it's really all you can do. If enough evident against a certain player is collected, it can be used against them. Maybe even try PMing Oda the ticket number and ask him to personally look at it. He's generally better then the ticket staff when it comes to trying to keep players happy.

It's been proven time and time again that any public discussion of it just turns into a giant cesspool of "us" vs "them" arguments. Yes, it sucks getting harrassed by a Genetic. But, as a Genetic I've gotten harassed myself plenty of times (and no, I never level in Ant Hell). The thing is... It's easy to always blame the other party.

I didn't take screenies when I was there. It occurred to me too late xD The screeny I have is when I was done and the convo was still on chat. I took the screeny to remember who it was and because I was irritated enough to even show who it had been. But that would fall under defaming and cause needless drama. Pity he belongs to a guild named after an anime I love and it's being horribly represented. I'm laughing about it now x3 I like the points you make. My main is an alchy. I been playing for over a year OFF a lot but play on occasion. It's a lvl 97 trans brew alchy. So I know how it feels. I been harrased before merely for being alchy. Some just don't let go of their afk alchy hate. lol Hell even with my Int and DEX alchy I didnt stay there lol I only went there to lvl a homun for the first time when it was lvl 20. Left when it got 45 or so. Unlike others who I met that have stayed until their pets have been lvl 80+. But anyway thanks for the advice. :3

#6 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Every now and again, there is always a thread about Ant Hell popping up. At least this time I'm impressed that nobody had to explain how Homunculi work.

I also do pretty much the same as OP suggests. Since I'm Australian there are often times on Valk where I'll have the eggs entirely to myself. If someone else wants to come in and start AOEing, I'll politely ask them to stick to one side. Most of the time it works.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 19 November 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#7 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Ant eggs are stressful, imo. I level my Filir there, mainly when I do school work, cook, or if I'm feeling lazy, but I don't really care if someone else is at the same spawn as me, as long as they don't KS me, with homunculus or otherwise. :/ I haven't run into anyone hogging the ant eggs, aside from myself when I want a KSer to leave.

If someone else is there, I usually leave if there's not enough room, but if someone else comes after me and acts rudely, I fight to keep my spot, since I was there first and I don't like giving up my spot to someone who acts like a total ass. If I'm not tabbed or semi-afk, I'll actually put my Filir on passive for bit while a first class levels some or help them out in some way, if they're not KSing me or making it so my Filir can't even get a kill in.

#8 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

Meh, I stayed in Ant Hell till my Lif caught up with me level-wise. I'd much rather take her leveling with me somewhere that sit around for hours in stupid ant hell for crappy exp. Too bad the alchies/biochems/gens won't move back in to OD2. That would be infinitely faster than Ant Eggs. /sigh

#9 Jujjzz

Jujjzz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Valkyria

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

Oh, I was there when it happned, he was bragging like hell about how he was gonna kill some "noobs" at the entrence.

#10 Kirsten

Kirsten

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

Wall of text may occur or not.. xd

So whenever I have made new characters, like many, I go to Ant Hell. I go around lvls 20-25 and leave at 35-40 depending on class. getting to 40 is pushing it and past it feels pointless. Now this area is hugely popular sought after newbies and even experienced players. Maybe even "veterans".

So do I expect to have the spawn for myself?
Me: No.
Others: Many for some reason believe they own the spawn as soon they enter. It doesn't if they were first or second on the spawn.

Do I make it so that others can't kill eggs even when I'm using AOE oriented chars?
No. If I AOE I stick to one set of eggs if there's enough that it wont disturb others. Even if it means the small group of eggs and letting 1v1(s) have the bigger group if they re not too weak and kill too slow.

Others: Eff the newbs! AOE everything! Even if its just a nab support priest trying to lvl!!!

When it is too packed what do I do?
Me: A. Leave, go to another map. No sense in fighting over eggs just because they're easy kills and sometimes get exp at a slow rate if I stayed fighting over them.

Me: B. Come back at a later time. Log off. Do something else.

Others:Many have the audacity of bringing their higher lvl characters (even 3rd classes)and either:

A. Kill everything dont let anyone else kill.
B. Bring an Azoth or Poly Clip and make a strong monster appear to kill the players.
C. Bring one (sometimes multiple) Alchy/Bio/Gen with his lvl 99 pet using the speed buff bug and go afk and come back to find all the newbs are gone.
Repeat any of the above when people show up again.

There are many other things that happen in this place. Like the wiz that was using Ice Wall preventing Mercs and Homun from afk people from killing while his mage friend used Fireball on eggs. This place seems to bring out the worst in people when they talk as well. Threats of reporting, swearing, arguments, you name it.

Today I was trying to get my newly transed Mage to level 35 or so. It looked quite busy. I made my way down to the egg spawn deepest to the south of the dungeon. There was a Genetic there and a girl alchy sitting next to him as her low lvl Homun atked. Note that these egg spawn in a square around what looks like a huge ant head. Thus there 4 sides if I remember correctly. So I placed myself on the OPPOSITE side from them and killed. Since the Homun killed pretty slow (40-50 dmg per atk with misses in between atks) I killed a few on the sides but didnt touch anywhere around the homun. Girl stands and leaves elsewhere. I wait for the eggs to respawn. Cue the Genetic using Cart Cannon on the eggs I was targeting. Plus killing any single eggs with his dagger I tried to kill with Fire Bolt. He had Azoth, I know because one egg transformed. He even summoned his lvl 99 homun with the speed buff bug.

Me: "You just don't want me to have any eggs huh"
Him: "Of course not"
Me: "What does a genetic need here anyway? Waiting for Maya or just trolling?"
Him: "People like you to not disturb my lvling. and yes to troll"

I will never understand why people think like this. I wasn't even KSing the homun that was there nor trying to kill everything for my own. I moved eventually. I asked a couple of guys if they could let me aoe for a minute so I could get the 15% I needed and they allowed me to :mellow: I went back to see if the Gen was still there. As well as to check if the girl came back when I left. On the way I find I a Skeleton Soldier. Which I believe is from GH. I guide it to the Genetic so he can kill it. Which his homun did. I saw the girl back along with a new one that was also an Alchy with pet. "Niza Azoth! I brought your pet back for ya! :thumb: Have fun. :3 I'm gonna leave this place just like many before and after me."

Same thing happened with me an my friend. We were gonna level up our merchies and this alchy who happened to have a Sorc in NWO guild got mad coz he said that was his spot. We insisted on killing the eggs, then he brought his Sorc and used "striking" on us to eat our sp then kept earth driving the eggs as they spawned. It was irritating but funny as hell the same time. =)

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

Meh, I stayed in Ant Hell till my Lif caught up with me level-wise. I'd much rather take her leveling with me somewhere that sit around for hours in stupid ant hell for crappy exp. Too bad the alchies/biochems/gens won't move back in to OD2. That would be infinitely faster than Ant Eggs. /sigh

Orc Dungeon is actually really nice spawn and Exp. The problem is there not being enough AFKemists there to keep up the spawns. The Orc Skeleton/Zenorc Map isn't as good as Pre-Renewal, but the Orc Zombie map makes up for it all.

#12 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

Reminds me of this video Posted Image

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pR2wtqDdYbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR2wtqDdYbo

Edited by BradleyRyan, 20 November 2011 - 02:30 PM.

#13 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

srsly?, why even fight over eggs,theres so many other places that are much better :mellow:

#14 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

There's no place more consistant though.

However, to level my homun I now semi-afk at orc dungeon 2 and just flywing often.

#15 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

The best ones are when you are on your genetic with the speed buff up and a random first class comes in and immediately starts cursing at you for it without even attempting to ask for the spawn. THEN proceeds to keep cursing you after you take the speed buff down for them until they finally bring a 150 and try and outkill your now speed buffed homu. Yup... true story there lol.

#16 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

I lol'd

ALWAYS*

*on Valk

MVP comp is all about finding it first anymore, since champs can practically one-shot some of the lower tier ones.

#17 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

MVP comp is all about finding it first anymore, since champs can practically one-shot some of the lower tier ones.

Yeah when I see a Gen or Sura/Champ on the map, I just walk away.
But I understand that comping is what makes MVP's fun... I'm just not high enough to kill an MVP faster than others.
O'wait. I'm also a ME AB. So that doesn't help either.

#18 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

I honestly dont get it. I tried eggs, I have NEVER used eggs to level!!
But I have used my homun there, which makes sense since the exp doesnt go down after its too high.

Yea I get that the spawn of the eggs makes it a lil bit good but seriously its stupid. I can level so much faster just going to monsters of the right lvl all the way up to 75 easy.

Then again on top of that the one time I did report someone they didnt even take care of anything. Things like this should just be taken cae of correctly I think.

It is sad that things keep going back like this. Then again other than when Ieveled my homun for that week I havent been back. Honestly I dont know people are so -_-s over the place.

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:33 AM

Anyone leveling in ant eggs is a noob unless they are Genetics leveling their homonculus.

There are so many places to level noob chaacters, I can prolly fill a page with the list. :mellow:

#20 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

Lvl to 35 there seriously dude go orcs they more fun and more exp after 30 no

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

Maybe if you spent more time researching better places to lvl instead of posting on the forums.....

Edited by Myzery, 21 November 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#22 Sasamie

Sasamie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

I don't know what to say but to agree with the OP. I myself long ago chose to stay away from the forever dramatic ant hell. In fact, I think this is why I still frown when I see a genetic at lower level maps(Even though I main one). :mellow:

#23 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

I don't know what to say but to agree with the OP. I myself long ago chose to stay away from the forever dramatic ant hell. In fact, I think this is why I still frown when I see a genetic at lower level maps(Even though I main one). :mellow:

You have a right to go anywhere in the game that you want at any level. Some may not be a good fit, but it's your choice.

#24 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

I honestly dont get it. I tried eggs, I have NEVER used eggs to level!!
But I have used my homun there, which makes sense since the exp doesnt go down after its too high.

Yea I get that the spawn of the eggs makes it a lil bit good but seriously its stupid. I can level so much faster just going to monsters of the right lvl all the way up to 75 easy.

Then again on top of that the one time I did report someone they didnt even take care of anything. Things like this should just be taken cae of correctly I think.

It is sad that things keep going back like this. Then again other than when Ieveled my homun for that week I havent been back. Honestly I dont know people are so -_-s over the place.

Yup i have never use that place to lvl (at least my characters) i did use it for my homu tho :angel:

#25 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

i have been in ant hell for eggs to level quick and lazy a few levels.. in a "stabby-stabby-*alt tab*-*reads stuff*-"no sound?"-*alt tab*-*clicky clicky a new egg*-repeat"-kinda way.

And yeah there are people there that can be quite rude.. but alas.. c'est la vie.

[edit to add:

there are indeed way better places for little chars to go, but sometimes its nice just to lazy level. And to be honest, its not that bad for a few levels..

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 21 November 2011 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users