Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

seriously not cool

explanation please. A server wide message would have been nice prior to booting, then I could have SS what I had just got from boxes. Lame Heim.

Opened 12 grove packs, was quite happy with the contents. Now all back unopened.

oh and I claimed my +7 safe box from the code the redeemer and the spookie pack I had not claimed yet. After the roll back, guess what? They are gone too - even from the code the redeemer list. Total BS

Edited by lainee, 23 November 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#2 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

very not cool, alot of people were complaining how the rollback was BS =(, at least check logs and restore what was gotten after the maint!

#3 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

would you want the items to be restored if you had got 12 times prize medals from all the 12 boxes you opened?.

#4 runeichim

runeichim

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

ya same happened to me i lost my rideword hat....

#5 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:05 AM

would you want the items to be restored if you had got 12 times prize medals from all the 12 boxes you opened?.

YES!

and also the contents of my Spookie pack.

Would be nice for a GM to chime in on this thread. There is a thread about the merits of 'gambling' on RO. It is not part of that gamble, that you (Gravity) don't like the results and spin the roulette wheel again without thinking of the consequences.

#6 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:05 AM

yea why did we get rollbacked? that's so stupid, bad service.

#7 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

Dear Gravity,

Please learn to follow fair customer notification procedures.

Sincerely,

The customers who pay your salaries

P.S. How did this situation warrant an immediate no-notification rollback, and yet last week's Veins TI debacle did not?

#8 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:22 AM

heim, you rolled back because of a quest time glitch? Didn't you stop to think what that would do to the boxes?

Anyhow, I now have 12 unopened boxes (which obviously I can't open now until I hear from you - and I can't even buy anymore so not to screw up the database records). I would like the original contents back. Also I would like the contents of the spookie returned to my thanks. Please advise what to do.

#9 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:22 AM

seriously not cool

explanation please. A server wide message would have been nice prior to booting, then I could have SS what I had just got from boxes. Lame Heim.

Opened 12 grove packs, was quite happy with the contents. Now all back unopened.

oh and I claimed my +7 safe box from the code the redeemer and the spookie pack I had not claimed yet. After the roll back, guess what? They are gone too - even from the code the redeemer list. Total BS

I was wondering since USRC event ended, til now theres no Groove Pack consolation yet in my redeemer...

#10 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

hopeful bump for those that were effect by this.

#11 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Wow, that sucks. I feel for those affected by it and hopefully something can be worked out.

#12 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

I don't seem to have been affected by it. What happened exactly?

#13 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

I don't seem to have been affected by it. What happened exactly?

Last night after the server came back online, they ran for about 10 mins before they worked out there was a glitch with the TI timers. So without any warning or server messages, and after people had opened boxes, redeemed codes from code the redeemer etc, they booted people, and then rolled back the server. All the items gained from boxes were lost. I have PM'd heim, Oda and sent in a ticket right after it happened. No response as yet. There were probably only about 50 or so people on Ymir when this happened so it would have only effected a handful of people, however those like my self that did open boxes and got lucky, were well a truly shafted. Would be nice to at least hear something from the GMs...

#14 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Ticket in please. If you have sent in a ticket the GM Team will be able to help you. They will trade the unopened boxes for the items that were originally obtained from the boxes. If the box has been opened, they GM Team can check the logs for the original item that had been obtained pre-rollback, so hang onto those too.

#15 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

Ticket in please. If you have sent in a ticket the GM Team will be able to help you. They will trade the unopened boxes for the items that were originally obtained from the boxes. If the box has been opened, they GM Team can check the logs for the original item that had been obtained pre-rollback, so hang onto those too.

I have all the unopened boxes that re-appeared after the rollback. I have not re-opened them. I do not however have the boxes that I got from code the redeemer (Halloween Spookie pack and Safe +7 pack) nor the items I got from them. I submitted a ticket right after the rollback happened.

#16 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

They are working on these, I definitely appreciate your guys being so patient.

#17 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Oh :P havent even been on that character,

How are they going to make this fair for everyone. Some might have got :D the first time around, and now have rares. some might have got rares and now ended up with :p_cry:.

I know its hard to deal with things?

So its a one by one things to try to look at peoples logs to see who got what and give it back to them?

Poor poor gms also.

#18 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

We should be able to see what happened by the logs, there weren't a prohibitive number of cases and most of the people have already written in to us about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users