Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

Vanity and Individuality

People like to look pretty more so than being OP, maybe because it is accessible (affordable). One can see an example of this through AH. There are 2 Day costumes that can cost 50% more (100K) of their equivalent because they are prettier even when the less attractive counterparts are listed in AH.

This to me is a money maker. If you look at Vindictus they have lots of mall items to change physical appearance of your character and inner armour. It adds nothing to your stats just beautification. This without a doubt will make me spend money. I admit, I am vain to a degree but also sensible.

As well as being vain people like to be different and unique or at least think they are. I do have a suggestion and bear with me.

The Wardrobe - A suggestion

So my suggestion is have another window called Wardrobe, in there you will have costume separate from Mall Item Costume. The Wardrobe window should be like Vindictus in that it has a 3D preview of your character and costumes.

The Wardrobe Costumes (WRC) are specifically designed as parts so you can mix and match. These WRC, once purchased are permanently added to your wardrobe. They should cost around 100 IM pts. You can choose which costume parts you want to wear from costume that you purchased and also have preview all costume on character window whether purchased or otherwise. These WRC are separate from Mall Item costume (IMC) and add nothing in terms of stats, just bought for appearance.

The WRC only appear on your character in game world if you have IMC or event costume otherwise they are inactive and do not appear.

However, by default you should have one two free special costumes that are always can be activated whether you have IMC or not. These costumes are:

• A costume that hides IMC/Christmas Costumes and shows the armour underneath.
  • A costume that hides IMC/Christmas Costumes and armour so it appears you are wearing nothing.
This is mainly to hide silly head gear from Xmas Costumes and certain armour. A third costume, you can place all new free Christmas costumes by default as part of Wardrobe and ofc they should be accessed freely.

This will encourage people to purchase monthly IMC to have a distinct character. To purchase a WRC you should either have Item Mall points a WRC Token that can be purchase/sent as gift from Item Mall.

Ofc this can be adapted to also have permanent tattoos, facial features, make up, hair etc. These however prices should be a lot cheaper about 5-25IM pts and should work a little different. Example when you purchase shall we say a new lipstick colour it override old lipstick colour and is permanent until you purchase a new one.

No one likes to see basic game mechanics as part of Item mall but that's already been broken with DNA.

BTW this game is too expensive and if I was rich I wouldn't waste a penny on it, would rather go on a long vocation <_<

(Original idea found here)

Edited by Chardane, 05 December 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

Great suggestions, but i wouldnt mention another game as example. Also, the hair could work as wigs, that way one can change to the original color, but could be also an option to change the original color and style without the wig.

#3 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

ya +1

#4 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

Great suggestions, but i wouldnt mention another game as example. Also, the hair could work as wigs, that way one can change to the original color, but could be also an option to change the original color and style without the wig.

Point noted. It just a very good example of a well balanced mall, shame the game mechanics is not as good as this game but then again they aren't as greedy as this game is.

Edited by Chardane, 04 December 2011 - 05:52 AM.

#5 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Implementing this implies that they actually produce new content. :pif:

#6 vukovic

vukovic