Downloading issues in 3 browsers. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Downloading issues in 3 browsers.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 YinLotus

YinLotus

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

So I have tried to download the client from the site and continue to get a 403 error. I have Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome; it works on none of them. I also started downloading from mirrors someone put up in a previous downloading post, but Megaupload seems to be dead currently.
Any suggestions for me?

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

Did you try the mirror here? http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches

Are you encountering any problems logging into Warpportal, or does the problem just occur when you download the game client? You can also try clearing temporary files and cookies, then re-downloading.

#3 YinLotus

YinLotus

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

Did you try the mirror here? http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches

Are you encountering any problems logging into Warpportal, or does the problem just occur when you download the game client? You can also try clearing temporary files and cookies, then re-downloading.

It only happens with downloading. The wiki page says "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable".

I have cleared my cache and cookies, but still to no avail. I'm going to try and find other download mirrors and try those.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

I think the wiki download host is out of bandwidth for the month.

To download from the official host, you have to log in using your WARPPORTAL email address and password (that would be the one you use to log into the forums), not the username/password for your Ragnarok Online game account (if you've created one).

#5 YinLotus

YinLotus

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

I think the wiki download host is out of bandwidth for the month.

To download from the official host, you have to log in using your WARPPORTAL email address and password (that would be the one you use to log into the forums), not the username/password for your Ragnarok Online game account (if you've created one).

Yes, I have done so, it says I am logged in. I managed to get another copy of it, but it seems to be um... really messed up. It has three patchers and the third one refuses to write something or other. I tried manually patching to no avail. Despite this the game starts and I make a character which promptly crashes the game. When the game is restarted it says something about charter sizes and such, but nonetheless the game boots up. Sadly there are no npcs and I am stuck at the starting place... The best part is, when I make a character in the second slot, every time I log in the character is a different second job class. :dunno:

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

Sounds like a patching issue that occurs when the client hasn't gotten the proper update material. Are you on a connection that might be timing out while the download is happening, and do you have a download accelerator working?

#7 YinLotus

YinLotus

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

Sounds like a patching issue that occurs when the client hasn't gotten the proper update material. Are you on a connection that might be timing out while the download is happening, and do you have a download accelerator working?

No to both of those questions.

#8 YinLotus

YinLotus

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

I can't seem to find 2011-3-31_gm.gpf anywhere. It told me it couldn't find it and it may be the missing link.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

Yes, I have done so, it says I am logged in. I managed to get another copy of it, but it seems to be um... really messed up. It has three patchers

I can't seem to find 2011-3-31_gm.gpf anywhere. It told me it couldn't find it and it may be the missing link.

That version of the client download is from before the VIP system was introduced in april of last year, when it needed 3 different patchers. That installer won't work (among other things, the patches it would require have been removed from the patch server).

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 November 2011 - 08:15 AM.

#10 YinLotus

YinLotus

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Ok, I have fixed the problem. I still can't download from the site, but I got the other client working. Strangely what I ended up doing was I downloaded the Philippines version, updated that, and then my regular client worked fine. I am connected to the iRO client so I find it odd that this method worked but after 12 hours trying to fix it via other methods I am happy that it did. The Philippines version was put in the same directory as the iRO client, just in case others need to know.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Wow, i'm amazed that's working. I hope it continues to work for you.

#12 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

I've been thinking of coming back to RO to see if anything has improved with the merge and I'm having the same trouble as the original post (with other WP games also) Any idea what causes this? Is there any way Gravity can redo their download system so that it doesn't mess up for so many people? These type of errors could turn away people.
I downloaded from the Wiki version earlier but it was corrupted, so I deleted and I'm redownloading from there again, hopefully it will work this time.
Wiki installer keeps giving me a "media.cab" error

Edited by Talvis, 20 December 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#13 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

I've been thinking of coming back to RO to see if anything has improved with the merge and I'm having the same trouble as the original post (with other WP games also) Any idea what causes this? Is there any way Gravity can redo their download system so that it doesn't mess up for so many people? These type of errors could turn away people.
I downloaded from the Wiki version earlier but it was corrupted, so I deleted and I'm redownloading from there again, hopefully it will work this time.
Wiki installer keeps giving me a "media.cab" error

Your copy of the installer is corrupted, probably because its download was interrupted. The main causes of interrupted downloads are an unreliable Wi-Fi connection, unreliable Internet connection, or the computer automatically going to sleep.

You'll either have to resume downloading the file using your web browser or a download manager, or download it again from the beginning. If you decide to do the latter, then I suggest that you download the file in pieces.

Edited by Axylus, 21 December 2012 - 05:14 AM.

#14 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

I've downloaded 3 times from the wiki mirror and all 3 times I get the same error when trying to install; "The cabinet file media1.cab is corrupted" I highly doubt that the file would corrupt 3 times downloading, they might want to check if their file is correct. I tried downloading it with IE (I usually use Firefox) to see if it worked better and after the file downloaded the downloader gave a warning that the file had been reported as dangerous. I may try the split up version, but I don't know.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

I've downloaded 3 times from the wiki mirror and all 3 times I get the same error when trying to install; "The cabinet file media1.cab is corrupted" I highly doubt that the file would corrupt 3 times downloading, they might want to check if their file is correct. I tried downloading it with IE (I usually use Firefox) to see if it worked better and after the file downloaded the downloader gave a warning that the file had been reported as dangerous. I may try the split up version, but I don't know.

IE will always give you that warning when you download any program

I suspect if you checked the size of the files that were giving the media1.cab error, you'd see that it was smaller than it's supposed to be.

I would be happy to host a mirror of it on drazzy.com, except my hosting company will charge me 15 cents for every download (10 cents per GB of data transferred) whether it was successful or not...

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 December 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#16 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Check for certain whether or not your copy of the installer is corrupted. :)

#17 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

The name of the file that downloaded from wiki is iRO141FullClient.msi and the size, according to my computer is 1,680,724 KB
Neither the file name or checksum match anything in Axylus' link.

#18 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

The name of the file that downloaded from wiki is iRO141FullClient.msi and the size, according to my computer is 1,680,724 KB
Neither the file name or checksum match anything in Axylus' link.

The copy of the file iRO141FullClient.msi hosted on iRO Wiki seems to be identical to the file iRO-14.1.3-FullInstall-20121031-2012.msi, which has the hash/checksum "BF115578D107C44AA6C0E05A4A8AF864".

#19 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Then for some reason neither wiki or the official page likes me. I've redownloaded the wiki file 4 times now and I still get the same error. :sob: I may try the multi part download.

#20 auejuef

auejuef

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

^ I downloaded the the installer with that same size. And also with the same problem, corrupted media1.cab
So I tried the multipart download....But I can't seem to access the link to the part 13 of the multi-part download.
why can't they just put the part 13 in the same place like the parts 1-12?? Help. DX

#21 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

^ I downloaded the the installer with that same size. And also with the same problem, corrupted media1.cab
So I tried the multipart download....But I can't seem to access the link to the part 13 of the multi-part download.
why can't they just put the part 13 in the same place like the parts 1-12?? Help. DX

The copy of the installer hosted on iRO Wiki is corrupted. I informed the iRO Wiki staff of this three days ago.

Part 13 can't be hosted in the same location as the rest of the files because MediaFire place heavy download restrictions on the last parts of multi-part archives. -_-

Please state exactly what is preventing you from downloading part 13, including any relevant error messages.

#22 auejuef

auejuef

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

The copy of the installer hosted on iRO Wiki is corrupted. I informed the iRO Wiki staff of this three days ago.

Part 13 can't be hosted in the same location as the rest of the files because MediaFire place heavy download restrictions on the last parts of multi-part archives. -_-

Please state exactly what is preventing you from downloading part 13, including any relevant error messages.

It seems I was having an ISP-side problem in accessing the link. Because of the frustration, I then downloaded the "11 parts download" instead, this was posted before the "13 part". I installed it, and played successfully on it. The only problem is, I cannot create a new character in renewal and classic. It says the character name that I chose was already taken. Even the random gibberish.

So I'll try this 13 part instead. Hopefully the problem won't persist in this newer installer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users