#1 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hello all! I'm making an ME priest; it's a HP now, going AB. I make all my priests with the idea in mind that I'm mostly going to be supporting...I loathe soloing =P I consider my ME priest with the mentality that "I can support but hey, I do ME too!"

The stat build I have in mind is as follows, with totals including gear and buffs in the parentheses:

INT: 118 (140)
DEX: 114 (130)
LUK: 84 (90)
VIT: 49 (65)

Let me know what you guys think about this....should I remove points from INT/DEX and add on to VIT? With the gear choices I have, I'd have 22,184 HP, which is not too bad. Also, from what I understand, some statuses (i.e. the big one being stun) are level dependent, so once my ME AB gets up there, it shouldn't be so bad. Thanks in advance for any opinions!!

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'll talk to you briefly about my 2 ME ABs, and I'll explain to you the differences so you can make a good choice <3

my first ME AB stats are like this

1 str
1 agi
50 vit
120 int
100 dex
99 luk

She's 148. I'll be putting one more point into luk and pumping vit from thereon out. She kills REALLY fast, her matk is huge, I have adoramus which comes out at about 85k lexed atm. I know that will go up as I level.

The bad part. She's a little squishy. I can't really mob in NI3 as muich as I'd like to in order to level fast, but it's still decent. I do huge damage to MVPs though. something like 24k/wave of ME, I use a +9 divine cross, with spiritual ring and clip combo.

my other AB.... is 142 and her stats are

1 str
1 agi
120vit
100 int
100 dex
12 luk

ok so, instead of adoramus, I've opted for eucharistica on this AB, she has level 10 divine protection too.
And what can I say? with the same gear as the above AB, she actually levels MUCH faster! The ability to mob bigger is a huge trade off and helps immensely. On a side note I can tank almost any demon monster in the game and take as little as 1 damage.

So here's what I recommend based on these two chars, I would stop your dex at 100 and consider lowering your int. Even my FS AB (she's 150) only has 100 dex, 103 int, 77 luk and 112 vit. (and she ME leveled fine lol). Maybe drop your luk to around 77 so that you can use arcangelling card if you get it, which will allow you more flexibility in your other stats.

Try to remember that you don't need HUGE int. Heal is mostly buffed by gear anyway, the difference in 100 int to 120 int in heal is just that... about 20 points of heal for a retarded about of stat points. I favour Vit over int, since supporting on a vit based priest allows me to focus more on my party, less on me and allows more survival when MEing. That's a personal thing but I reallllllly recommend it.

#3 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

Posted Image

Love it. It's easier to have more defense / resistances so you can focus on your party (as Xellie said)
She taught me the way to MEing and it's been a breeze--I'm not bad with buffs either, and have all my party buffs maxed except for my KE skills (prefaetio lvl 5 tho) , gloria (lvl 3), and magni (lvl 3).

I'ts different skill wise from hers but I enjoy buffing the party as long as I can in one go to save on sp in the longrun.

#4 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Yay! Thank you pikachiquita5 for posting and asking about such! ...And thank you Xellie and Okii for answering!!

I'm leveling my HighPriest (86/4x at the moment) and was kind of wondering what I should be doing stat wise, besides INT, DEX, & LUK. My HighPriest currently has only 1 VIT, so she's mighty squishy. (Originally she was full support as priest, with massive int and vit; so you can imagine the trouble I'm having.)

I, too, was going for the the mentality of "I can support but hey, I do ME too!" Only it's more like, "I'm a solo-ist, but yeah, I can help support a party if you want me to." :dunno: (I'm kind of a little slow on reintegrating myself back into the ingame society, since I don't WoE or MVP. Also, most of my old friends are gone from the game, or on the other servers.)

#5 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

Posted Image

I plan to pump vit once I get my luk to 77, and then pray I drop an AA card :dunno:
Good luck and I hope you're happy with whatever you decide!

#6 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

Thanks Xellie and Okii for responding =) Glad to know I have some ME veterans chiming in!! So a few more things:

1. Does the upgrade level of your Divine Cross affect how much dmg you're doing? I'm assuming so, else why OU your DC? I didn't know that made a difference, since you're not physically attacking with it. I only knew it happened for ones that specifically stated it, such as the Skull Cap + EBW/Thorn Staff combo.

For that matter, does an improvement in MATK occur with any weapon you're using to attack with magically? I'll only be able to upgrade it a bit, I am the bomb at blowing stuff up. I can't overupgrade to save my life =P

2. LUK? I know this stat helps boost matk...it seems like 120 VIT is a ton O_o Would it be worth scaling that down a bit and adding on to LUK instead? My FS AB has only 92 VIT base, and she does fine....110 INT and 100 DEX, I think 9X LUK, off the top of my head.

3. The conundrum: is it worth giving up Sacrament in order to get Adoramus? You can only get one or the other...so I'd like to hear what you have to say about this. Again, I see myself more likely supporting people and using ME if it's beneficial.

4. EDIT: Safety Wall: I got this as an HP...apparently people say SW is not really that good anymore and thus it might be better that I get max KE instead? (just 1 point is needed as a prereq for ME, I believe). If this is true, perhaps when I'm allotted the free reset I should switch my skill points into getting more KE? Yeah, there's the mass KE Prafaetio, but if SW really sucks that much it would be good to get max KE to cast on people if your party is not as large. At the same time, I'm not sure if KE would last against mobs better when you're doing ME; thus getting SW because I'm ME specifically would be more beneficial. Another aspect that I would love feedback on.

Heh, with all this it sounds like I might as well have made another FS, but I like the option of being able to "help myself" if need be...and this is the first ME priest I've ever had, so it's something new. I've been making it auto-follow my champ-to-be-sura in Niff 1, I get giggles out of doing ME when the mob gets too big for crowd control. Fun-ness. Again, I greatly appreciate all the feedback!!

Edited by pikachiquita5, 29 November 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

Thanks Xellie and Okii for responding =) Glad to know I have some ME veterans chiming in!! So a few more things:

1. Does the upgrade level of your Divine Cross affect how much dmg you're doing? I'm assuming so, else why OU your DC? I didn't know that made a difference, since you're not physically attacking with it. I only knew it happened for ones that specifically stated it, such as the Skull Cap + EBW/Thorn Staff combo.

For that matter, does an improvement in MATK occur with any weapon you're using to attack with magically? I'll only be able to upgrade it a bit, I am the bomb at blowing stuff up. I can't overupgrade to save my life =P

Yes, I use a +11 DC. It's a huge difference.

2. LUK? I know this stat helps boost matk...it seems like 120 VIT is a ton O_o Would it be worth scaling that down a bit and adding on to LUK instead? My FS AB has only 92 VIT base, and she does fine....110 INT and 100 DEX, I think 9X LUK, off the top of my head.

I wouldn't recommend more than 100 vit unless you specifically want to do a massive amount of tanking. But I wouldn't recommend less than 100 either. <3 The luck it depends really.... if you want to be super matk-y or have a little more hp. I like it ~ 77 luk. I might scale back my 100 luk ab to get more vit, but, I do have multiple ABs that why I went for polar opposites.

3. The conundrum: is it worth giving up Sacrament in order to get Adoramus? You can only get one or the other...so I'd like to hear what you have to say about this. Again, I see myself more likely supporting people and using ME if it's beneficial.

you can do both, but you'd have to cut into Canto and not get eucharistica.

4. EDIT: Safety Wall: I got this as an HP...apparently people say SW is not really that good anymore and thus it might be better that I get max KE instead? (just 1 point is needed as a prereq for ME, I believe). If this is true, perhaps when I'm allotted the free reset I should switch my skill points into getting more KE? Yeah, there's the mass KE Prafaetio, but if SW really sucks that much it would be good to get max KE to cast on people if your party is not as large. At the same time, I'm not sure if KE would last against mobs better when you're doing ME; thus getting SW because I'm ME specifically would be more beneficial. Another aspect that I would love feedback on.

Heh, with all this it sounds like I might as well have made another FS, but I like the option of being able to "help myself" if need be...and this is the first ME priest I've ever had, so it's something new. I've been making it auto-follow my champ-to-be-sura in Niff 1, I get giggles out of doing ME when the mob gets too big for crowd control. Fun-ness. Again, I greatly appreciate all the feedback!!

I personally LIKE SW, because I'm an assumptio addict and have a high amounnt of defence, so I use SW to block a couple of hits, and then the nice defence buffer from assumptio exists, where it wouldn't if I used KE.

#8 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

I play ME AB on valk server. My build is different from both of Xellie's, designed purely for cast time. This is because you can actually teleport-level with ME which makes things go a lot faster. My Stats:

str 1
int 120 (+27)
dex 120 (+47)
vit 80
agi 1
luk 5

Pre-renewal, I was instant cast, and wanted to get as close as I possibly could to that again in renewal. Right now, WITHOUT secra or strings, I can cast ME in 1.2-1.3 seconds. With secra it's easily like 0.6 seconds. Like Xellie, I use the +9 Divine Cross and spirit ring + clip combo for the extra ME damage and dex. It's been a while since I actually checked my damage with ME tho, so I'm not sure exactly how much I do. I'll check and update when servers come back up if I remember.

As for the choice between Adoramus and Sacra, I'd take Adoramus any day. The ability to kill non-demon/undead monsters is HUGE. (think niff 2 one-shotting bloody murderer) and of course, the damage that you deal to things that are actually weak to holy with it is just ridiculous. For a skill that has NO fixed cast time (yes, you can actually get instant cast on Adoramus) it's quite amazing. And, if you're really good, you can actually go Adoramus -> Judex -> Adoramus without any more delay between Ado than you would have if you cast it alone (due to cooldown). On a badly equipped character in pvp, I can do as much as 16-17k unlexed with a single adoramus, with the added bonus that it decreases their agility stat when it hits, and can cause blind. Personally, I picked to go Adoramus + Silentium, forgoing Praefation (I know some people won't agree with this) but against weaker guilds in WoE, you'd be surprised how well Silentium works. Sometimes I will walk into an emp room, cast silentium (it's like 1/4 or 1/2 second cast for me or something, maybe less, either way, I usually don't get interrupted, even in a precast) and like, 3/4 of the people will be silenced. You'd be surprised how many people these days don't bother to carry green pots for WoE as well ^.~

As for leveling, with my cast time, I don't even bother using SW when I cast ME. It casts so fast the number of hits monsters get off on me is kinda sad, even with super big mobs. The other thing is, if you're in a party, even by yourself, and set it to share, you can actually fwing the instant the cast bar for ME disappears. With the amount of damage ME deals, it will kill most monsters before they walk off of ME, and you'll still get the exp, no matter where you are on the map. What I refer to as "teleport leveling" involves doing this over and over. Effectively, at times, I was killing up to 30 or 40 monsters on NI 2 simultaneously at 3-4 different locations on the map simply because my fwing would land in another mob and I'd just ME again right away. It's adds up to a lot of exp, especially if you do it during experience events with manuals. In fact, I 150ed my AB on NI 2 that way.

In WoE, the only really useful skills I am missing are Praefation and Sacrament, and they are REALLY useful skills, but my guild is usually able to make do with the other ABs in the guild that have those. With my close to instant cast adoramus, I can't tell you how many times I've interrupted a recall last second, or the number of people I've hitlocked long enough for somebody to deal with them because of how adoramus hits 10 times over a few seconds causing a flinch with each hit. When we're fighting anybody but Valkyrie, I actually KILL a lot of people in WoE. It's kind of funny. Myself and another AB for instance, went to scout a castle during WoE 1.0 one day, and between the two of us, Pneuma, SW, Lex, and adoramus, we survived about 6-7 minutes against 10+ people, killed about 5 people, and made them waste upwards of 400-500 white pots healing lexed adoramus damage.

Even at 150/50 for 3-4 months, I still call my AB my main, just because I have so much fun with it. With a partner to stand beside, I can even kill lower tier non-demon/undead MVPs with adoramus. One day we found Gloom roaming around, and between my wife and I, and an MS tank, we killed it with adoramus. I've killed ESL, scored MVP on Thanatos (we had no RK for ghost portion) Eddga, Phreeoni, Maya, Osiris, Amon Ra, Pharaoh, Drake, Orc Lord/Hero, Dracula, Dopple, Mistress, Tao Gunka, Dark Lord, and Ktull. Those are just off the top of my head, I may have killed more, but do NOT underestimate the power of adoramus with a high attack weapon.

As for how upgrades affect matk, the + on the matk stat is actually your weapon's matk, upgrades included. My matk with all buffs (including eden), so effectively, 147 int works out to like 280 or something like that. Equipping +9 Divine cross is 280 + like 270 (Base matk on divine cross is 210 I think) so that weapon alone effectively DOULBES my matk, not to mention being a set with the spirit ring to increase ME damage.

And, in 14.1, there is a new equip set coming out, 3 pieces, weapon, and 2 others, that will double or triple adoramus damage, so keep that in mind...

Edit:
I heard when I came back well over a year ago that SW had been nerfed or something as well, but from personal use, I have to call bull on that one. Maybe it was nerfed at some point, but if so, they rescinded the nerf before I started playing again. I can see no difference in how useful it is now compared to before I quit Pre-renewal. It still blocks 12 hits at level 10, and when those hits are say, entire sonic blows from Zombie Slaughters (the sonic blow skill counts as a SINGLE hit against it's count), it can be a real life-saver. I would not skimp on SW. Not to mention, as a support skill in general, it's pretty invaluable, for WoE, MVP, ET, etc. The only truly noticeable nerf on SW is that it no longer blocks gfist.

Edited by Kuropi, 29 November 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#9 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

Wow, thanks Xellie and Kuropi for your posts. They are both informative, and make me still deeply contemplate where I want to head with my AB:

1. As far as vit is concerned, I have my FS AB already, so I don't mind my vit being lower. I could do with taking out of LUK and putting more into VIT to improve health and survivability.

2. Out of curiosity, Eucharistica works with ME as well? Again, I'm guessing so, since Xellie mentioned it....I was under the impression that was for battle ABs, not that it worked for general damage.

3. OMG I DIE INSIDE: But man, I'm still torn about Adoramus vs. Sacrament though---because I do plan to help support with it, I kind of cringe at the idea of not having both Clementia and Cantocandidus....I was with an AB in Kamidal the other day that had the former, but not the latter......that would be pretty damn irritating to me, to have to flag everyone down to get them agi'ed up. She didn't always get everyone agi'ed up, either...so we would go slow-mo for much of the time. Obviously it's not impossible---I track everyone down to do Assumptio---but still it sounds icky to me.

I'm also at a loss of what to get, then, if I decided to ditch Sacrament...these are the skills I would get:

Clementia 3
Cantocandidus 3
Coluseo Heal 3
Renovatio
High Heal 5
Judex 5
Adoramus 10
Ancilla 1

That still leaves 18 job points to use....but getting Sacrament or Eucharistica are still both out of reach, since it takes 17 more job points to even get to them; in other words, no point in doing that. I could get Silentium maxed, but then that still leaves me at job 42, with 8 points to randomly put...somewhere.

ORRRRRRRRRR.......One way to get Sacrament, Adoramus, *AND* all party buffs is to have High Heal lvl 1 only....is this a terrible, horrible idea? It probably is, but I'd like your advice. Help!! I don't know what to do now >__< Maybe I just have to get over myself and not get all the party buff skills, but that makes me die inside =/ (I've probably been support for far too many years, heh)

Other thoughts:

1. Wish me luck upgrading my DC...I suck so bad at upgrading....I think all I could do is a +7 =P But better than nothing.

2. I mentioned SW in the General section, somewhere...someone had replied that using SW "is the job of a mage class" but I disagree >.> It also helps with MvPing. Additionally, unless the enemies are pretty fast, I've long learned to mob with no aids on my mage class characters, so I'll keep SW over KE unless I get some more strong opinions otherwise.

3. If I kill off Sacrament in my build, I will probably go along the lines of "MOAR INT, MOAR DEX" like Kuropi =P Especially since I suck with overupgrading, I need all the help I can get for MATK, heh. I'll have to keep playing with VIT/LUK to see what works out.

Sorry for that tremendously long post X___x Again, I SO APPRECIATE the advice! I will be waiting with baited breath for you guys to weigh in again about Sacrament/Adoramus/etc. I, uh, guess it's a good thing that job levels take forever as 3rd class? /swt

Edited by pikachiquita5, 30 November 2011 - 01:11 AM.

#10 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:33 AM

3. OMG I DIE INSIDE: But man, I'm still torn about Adoramus vs. Sacrament though---because I do plan to help support with it, I kind of cringe at the idea of not having both Clementia and Cantocandidus....I was with an AB in Kamidal the other day that had the former, but not the latter......that would be pretty damn irritating to me, to have to flag everyone down to get them agi'ed up. She didn't always get everyone agi'ed up, either...so we would go slow-mo for much of the time. Obviously it's not impossible---I track everyone down to do Assumptio---but still it sounds icky to me.

I'm also at a loss of what to get, then, if I decided to ditch Sacrament...these are the skills I would get:

Clementia 3
Cantocandidus 3
Coluseo Heal 3
Renovatio
High Heal 5
Judex 5
Adoramus 10
Ancilla 1

That still leaves 18 job points to use....but getting Sacrament or Eucharistica are still both out of reach, since it takes 17 more job points to even get to them; in other words, no point in doing that. I could get Silentium maxed, but then that still leaves me at job 42, with 8 points to randomly put...somewhere.

ORRRRRRRRRR.......One way to get Sacrament, Adoramus, *AND* all party buffs is to have High Heal lvl 1 only....is this a terrible, horrible idea? It probably is, but I'd like your advice. Help!! I don't know what to do now >__< Maybe I just have to get over myself and not get all the party buff skills, but that makes me die inside =/ (I've probably been support for far too many years, heh)

Yeah, I spent a good portion yesterday messing around with the stat and skill calculators, while helping my sons with their homework and such.

The only way I can foresee getting both level 10 Adoramus and level 5 Sacrament with most of the party buffs, is to get level 1 High Heal and forego Eucharista. I say most of the party buffs because Praefation would only be level 5 rather than level 10. So, I would be interested in hearing opinions about having High Heal at only level 1, foregoing Eucharistica all together, and about having Praefation at only level 5.

Of course, realize, that by going for both maxed Adoramus & Sacrament...we won't be attaining maxed Sacrament until the very end of our job levels.

To me, getting Eucharistica would make you more of the offensive ME AB, rather than a supporting ME AB...

However, with the supporting ME AB build, I'm still getting stumped by that level 5 Praefation in order to get max Sacrament, considering the Assumptio vs KE discussion going on in the main forum.

This what I've come up with and how I'm building my girl at the moment:
http://irowiki.org/~...BsOkbdsrAafcHcY

I had taken 3 points out of Safety Wall and brought KE up to 5 and Gloria up to 3, just in case you were wondering why I have safety wall at only level 7.

(Personally, I'm solo'ing at the moment which is why I'm so unsure, but that doesn't mean I won't party much after changing from HP to AB.)

Edit: Oh yeah, I feel your upgrading pain as well....I really am horrible with upgrades, hence my HP is running around with a +4 Divine Cross on at the moment. I'm so afraid to try upgrading it further, because I can't afford another one, or certs for that matter, right now. >.<

Edited by LadyRaven, 30 November 2011 - 07:53 AM.

#11 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

Eucharistica needs a lot of job points to get to as well (basically the same things to get Sacrament), so I'm wondering if you can max it....obviously, if you are fully maxing it, you definitely can't have the party buffs.

I would be interested to hear how much of Eucharistica Xellie and Kuropi have and how much of an effect it has on using ME.

To have offensive skills already requires a lot of points, so I don't think getting high KE would be a priority for me, now....if I gotta, I'd just spam Prafaetio, rather than having more points specifically on the KE skill.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

If I was to be honest, I've never actually checked the ME damage effect on eucharistica , I have it for the 10% resistance. I do a lot of MVPing and mobbing, so the ability to take 10% less damage from demons and undead is a massive plus for me. (especially when using a divine cross)

Also, pumpkin witch hat and gozarian mask..... totally worth it.

Will post some more info for you later, I'm so hungry I can't post coherantly!

here's what eucharistica allows me to do.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Xellie, 30 November 2011 - 11:24 AM.

#13 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

If I was to be honest, I've never actually checked the ME damage effect on eucharistica , I have it for the 10% resistance. I do a lot of MVPing and mobbing, so the ability to take 10% less damage from demons and undead is a massive plus for me. (especially when using a divine cross)

Also, pumpkin witch hat and gozarian mask..... totally worth it.

Will post some more info for you later, I'm so hungry I can't post coherantly!

Hehe, come back to me please when you've eaten XD Since you have 10% resistance, you do have Eucharistica maxed. Would you mind telling me what your skill build looks like? I'm wondering what party buffs you have, if any, or if you're pretty much all offense based: Judex, Adoramus, Sacrament, Eucharistica.

I guess that witch hat and gozarian mask are your work gears? Too bad work gears are so ugly >.> I guess it's a good thing I have some extra witch hats, I should try to upgrade them....badly...hah.

Thanks everyone (Xellie especially!) for helping me with this. I'd like to try to get my build *mostly* right and save my character reset for if I really mess something up =P

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

yeah sure, here you go:

FS/MVP: http://irowiki.org/~...BabkfqsrCgSfUcY

Vit/ME/Eucharistica : http://irowiki.org/~...BabkbfSrCgScHcY

Int/ME/Adoramus : http://irowiki.org/~...OsOkbdsrCdscHcY

I'm toying with ditching sacrament on the int one for eucharistica tbh.

ok phew, that was annoying to link to, but its roughly like that.

Edited by Xellie, 30 November 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#15 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

Right now, High heal is okay at level 1 because it is spammable, but as of 14.1, you will have a 3 second cooldown on high head REGARDLESS of level. 11k high heal with +9 DC is pretty sexy, and saves my ass and those of my party time and time again... just sayin. And goddamn Xellie, you're makin me wanna get Eucharistica. I had no idea it made THAT big of a difference. THAT is sexy. But at this point, I doubt I'll ever change my build. My guild has gotten used to me not having secrament in WoE, and I get called to help people get to the valk npc for AB job change, among other things all the time XD

Edited by Kuropi, 30 November 2011 - 04:43 PM.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

Eucharistica... well it allows you to have something in the region of 97% Demon defence if you stack it like CRAZY!

But in it's simplest form, it's like having a hell shield when using a divine cross. So it's nice and allows you to do some wacky things.... would I re-skill for it if I was 150? Only if I was mvping hardcore.

#17 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

Wow, again, extremely informative =) Thank you very very much for those builds Xellie, I appreciate you taking the trouble to post that. Haha, sorry Xellie, I keep poking you for information...I guess I'm like Okii, needing you to teach me the way of ME XD I think I just have a few more questions, and I'd be able to finally nail down a build:

1. Angelus: I see on your VIT ME, you have a lot of Angelus, whereas your INT one doesn't really have a lot. In what realm of VIT does one start to really notice the effect of Angelus? For example, if I built more like Kuropi and had 8x VIT, would I feel it much? I'd like to hear from you, since comparing your builds one either has VIT, high Angelus, and low SW or less VIT, low Angelus, and high SW. Currently I have high SW, so I'm wondering if I'd need to bother with Angelus or not, as it would be more like your INT build, methinks.

2. Adoramus: I've heard from Kuropi about this, who loves this skill. Xellie, have you found yourself using this a lot? One of your ME ABs has it, one does not. As a matter of saving points, I'm thinking of not getting this skill, but I'd love to hear your take on this.

Personally, for me, I really do like to party with people---therefore, for *this* ME priest I'm creating I will probably go with getting party buffs and max High Heal. It will make me less efficient using ME, but I would pay that price in order to support the way I'd want to. Besides, I'm never opposed to making another priest toon: what's funny is that I do have another acolyte in the works....if I wanted to make a more offensive ME build, I could use it to make another priesty.

Again thanks everyone (and again, hats off to you Xellie) for all this information. It has been incredibly helpful, and I'm beginning to feel a lot less lost when making my build.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Wow, again, extremely informative =) Thank you very very much for those builds Xellie, I appreciate you taking the trouble to post that. Haha, sorry Xellie, I keep poking you for information...I guess I'm like Okii, needing you to teach me the way of ME XD I think I just have a few more questions, and I'd be able to finally nail down a build:

1. Angelus: I see on your VIT ME, you have a lot of Angelus, whereas your INT one doesn't really have a lot. In what realm of VIT does one start to really notice the effect of Angelus? For example, if I built more like Kuropi and had 8x VIT, would I feel it much? I'd like to hear from you, since comparing your builds one either has VIT, high Angelus, and low SW or less VIT, low Angelus, and high SW. Currently I have high SW, so I'm wondering if I'd need to bother with Angelus or not, as it would be more like your INT build, methinks.

You'll feel it at 8x vit for sure. It's a really noticable difference around that sort of area. Lower down, I'm not sure exactly where it crosses over, but I'd take a guess at it being in the 7x-8x region that it begins to kick in good.

2. Adoramus: I've heard from Kuropi about this, who loves this skill. Xellie, have you found yourself using this a lot? One of your ME ABs has it, one does not. As a matter of saving points, I'm thinking of not getting this skill, but I'd love to hear your take on this.

I love it too on my int AB! I use it for MVPing primarily, adding extra DPS between MEs (and killing off pesky necros that didn't want to step into my ME... it's a 1 shot kill so its awesome) - however, I tend to mess about with it when supporting, which I REALLY shouldn't. In normal day to day play.... I don't use it much. I use it when soloing for amusement, the serious use is mvping.

Personally, for me, I really do like to party with people---therefore, for *this* ME priest I'm creating I will probably go with getting party buffs and max High Heal. It will make me less efficient using ME, but I would pay that price in order to support the way I'd want to. Besides, I'm never opposed to making another priest toon: what's funny is that I do have another acolyte in the works....if I wanted to make a more offensive ME build, I could use it to make another priesty.

Again thanks everyone (and again, hats off to you Xellie) for all this information. It has been incredibly helpful, and I'm beginning to feel a lot less lost when making my build.

I'd recommend doing that if you want to party, for sure, you're missing a bit of novelty with adoramus, however, if you're making a pure offensive one, GO FOR IT. - and if you're going support, level 10 angelus is much <3 Depending on your personal preference with SW.... I have it maxed on my FS because like I said, I tend to MVP and as such SWing the tank is a lifesaver.

Some fun for you... this is my int AB when she was low level.

#19 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

Thanks a ton Xellie =) The way I have my skills, I'd be able to get Angelus 8....I'll see how that feels, or if I need to fix it and try to make that max. But lvl 8 is better than the pithy lvl 2 prereq, at least. I'll hold off until the end and see how that works....I'd rather keep the free reset for if I feel like I really messed up.

I think I feel good about how I want to do this now :bang: Thanks sooooooooo much, hehe. In the future, I'll try to make one that's just for the sole purpose of destroying things =P I usually hate soloing, but since I love the priest class so much maybe an ME AB is supposed to be the answer for that in my case.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

You're totally welcome, I'm sorta lazy about checking this section, but any questions, hit me up in PM.

#21 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

*attempts to act like a sponge and absorb all the good info* Thank you. :bang:

*but is sick currently and is actually wondering how comfy the pile of papers on her desk looks* :thumb:

Cool video! You got some patience there...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users