Tournament of Dragons - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tournament of Dragons

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#51 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

Study for finals and get an A, or win tourney, get e-fame, and get a B?

As for the people talking about stat difference between 60 and 80... just get your character to 80. Simple.

So an IM prize is worth the B?

#52 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

IM prize isn't a material prize. And it depends on what level of education, school, current grades, etc. Better something than nothing.

with 2-3% of exp at end levels and with the limited runs per day, no thanks

The point is that the cap is 80. You're not restricted from leveling. If you don't like the EXP, that's your problem. It's not like other people were handed a level 80 character while you were handed a level 60, and forced to PvP like that.

Edited by Kazra, 05 December 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#53 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:09 PM

Please read concerning shadow walk and camo. The skills are currently bugged and can be abused to hide for an indefinite amount of time.

I'll add those as well.

I asked Aramis about that before, but they said that they'd have to make each account manually. It'd be incredibly time consuming to make 64 accounts with only a couple of staff members.

Thats exactly correct, at this point in time, the man hours>benefit.

Also the new server would cost too much just for a tournament that is held once a month.

#54 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

my point was that not everyone's 80 and with the current nerf players won't get to cap on time, and if the tourney's completely 'naked' then why add the bonus stats,
i'd prefer to reset em

Edited by Ethernal, 05 December 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#55 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

my point was that not everyone's 80 and with the current nerf players won't get to cap on time, and if the tourney's completely 'naked' then why add the bonus stats,
i'd prefer to reset em

If the staff is willing to give every participant a free reset and check that each player has reset their stats, then that's fine. What if groups of players signed up for the free reset and didn't participate, though? I think the level difference is more of a problem, though.

#56 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:20 PM

Level 60 dummy accounts with soulbound +15 special heirloom bone and undead bone weapon. 200 randomizes and two skill resets per account.
Weapon and armor can be packaged and gifted to the accounts.

Edit: Accounts would need some sort of play restrictions though, hmm.

Edited by Miname, 05 December 2011 - 06:24 PM.

#57 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

If the staff is willing to give every participant a free reset and check that each player has reset their stats, then that's fine. What if groups of players signed up for the free reset and didn't participate, though? I think the level difference is more of a problem, though.

i was thinking the same thing about free reset scrolls, what if the staff resets bonus stats temporarily as the tournament ends

#58 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Oh another issue is that dexterity buff and stumblebum should be disabled. Stumblebum makes everyone miss and dexterity gives me 18 evade. If you have a savage and a ninja on the same team, the ninja would gain 36 evade. My evade would be 80, which is broken in naked pvp.

#59 wyverlord

wyverlord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationHarvest Moon 64 Farm
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

over complicating everything~

#60 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Don't forget the level 10 passive skills, such as shield mastery.

#61 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Don't forget the level 10 passive skills, such as shield mastery.

That by itself isn't too bad. Parry is the problem.

#62 Ryoma9049

Ryoma9049

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

why don't you take out aas and put back in sword dance since overlords don't really have any other solid catch except for bears if your fast enough and stumble though we have to camp a place and hope the opponents dash into the range

#63 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

I see n2 being a big problem

#64 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

why don't you take out aas and put back in sword dance since overlords don't really have any other solid catch except for bears if your fast enough and stumble though we have to camp a place and hope the opponents dash into the range

To be honest aas really should not be too much of a problem, especially in group PvP.

Edited by Miname, 05 December 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#65 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

IAH uses the premade account system but they also hold their tournaments at gigantic meetups.

#66 Mablung

Mablung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

its okay, i got this, 1v4, i am mab.
i carry any guild im in

#67 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Mana Burn i thought of here is the list i have so far. Let me know if you can think of others:

[size="2"]
[Mages]
ALL 4TH JOB SKILLS EXCEPT PASSIVES.

I think Sorcerer's skill Time freeze should be allowed. It is a fun skill to use and i think it is not broken (long casting animation, relatively small aoe, and there are many skills that can cancel the skill (or "super armor" status)).

#68 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

I think Sorcerer's skill Time freeze should be allowed. It is a fun skill to use and i think it is not broken (long casting animation, relatively small aoe, and there are many skills that can cancel the skill (or "super armor" status)).

There are a lot of fun 4th job skills that aren't broken; it's not limited to just mages.

#69 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

IAH uses the premade account system but they also hold their tournaments at gigantic meetups.

I can almost visualize the public QQing and chair tossing in a NA tourney.

#70 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Upon further research, I think that the allowed classes should be limited to the human classes. Both the dragon kin classes are a bit imbalanced for naked PvP:

• Twin fighters currently have a bug that allows them to spam skills with no cooldowns
  • Summoners have pets that have around 10x the summoner's HP in naked PvP. These pets can take up a lot of space and block up a lot of damage and/or projectiles, essentially making them invulnerable to ranged attacks. At close range, summoners have a lot of skills that discourage players to get into their vicinity, making it impossible to approach them from near or far.

#71 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

Upon further research, I think that the allowed classes should be limited to the human classes. Both the dragon kin classes are a bit imbalanced for naked PvP:

• Twin fighters currently have a bug that allows them to spam skills with no cooldowns
  • Summoners have pets that have around 10x the summoner's HP in naked PvP. These pets can take up a lot of space and block up a lot of damage and/or projectiles, essentially making them invulnerable to ranged attacks. At close range, summoners have a lot of skills that discourage players to get into their vicinity, making it impossible to approach them from near or far.

Twins: bug will keep reseting when twin is hit, which isn't hard in most cases. Plus each twin skill cooldown is around 8 secs for all of them. Maxing the skills will only bring skills down to 6-7 secs for most vital skills (infinite stays at 10). Thus, executing the bug itself is hard, as you can interrupt it by atking them into a combo.
Shamans: have long caste time, only thing stopping you is lower move spd in aoe, and their skills works in comparision to warlocks. As for summons... idk. Perhaps only have certain types of classes with classes. So if they have a shaman, they can't have a priest.
****Edit: twin should only be allowed 1 weave for pvp

Edited by tainguyen, 06 December 2011 - 01:09 AM.

#72 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

Twins: bug will keep reseting when twin is hit, which isn't hard in most cases. Plus each twin skill cooldown is around 8 secs for all of them. Maxing the skills will only bring skills down to 6-7 secs for most vital skills (infinite stays at 10). Thus, executing the bug itself is hard, as you can interrupt it by atking them into a combo.
Shamans: have long caste time, only thing stopping you is lower move spd in aoe, and their skills works in comparision to warlocks. As for summons... idk. Perhaps only have certain types of classes with classes. So if they have a shaman, they can't have a priest.
****Edit: twin should only be allowed 1 weave for pvp

I'm not exactly sure how the bug works, but the fact that you can abuse the bug makes it impractical for PvP.

#73 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:21 AM

I'm not exactly sure how the bug works, but the fact that you can abuse the bug makes it impractical for PvP.

Same with ninja toggling with knockdown and falcons, wolfs.
As for the twin skill, skill can only work on twin skill side, and you must wait a bit. If twin is hit, it automatically fixes bug, making them start over. Only one skill can be used at a time till hit. If they use infinite, just use long range atk at twin.
I propse that At ligt speed for twins to be taken out from tourney, to make it easier to force cancel bug from ppl with no pride

#74 JoeyLe

JoeyLe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

Summoners are the least imbalanced class out of humans or dragonkins. Almost entirely all of their skills have cast times of about 1-1.5 secs and without mana burn, summoners are basicly the easiest to kill. In terms of pvp strengths, summoners would be on the bottom of the list. They absolutely have no instant cast moves, that already puts them underneath warlocks. Summoners have no combos or locks and they basicly have to run through the entire map and spaming skills in safe zones, as i said cast time for all their skills is 1-1.5 sec, and hope the opposing player runs into it, which is very unlikely. Summoners are already disadvantaged at pvp in general, how would they be imbalanced in dragon tournament?

#75 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

There are a lot of fun 4th job skills that aren't broken; it's not limited to just mages.

Ah. Sorry, only have played Sorcerer so i dont know that. Then why is it restricted :P? I thought the level 4 skills were restricted because it is broken O.o.

Summoners are the least imbalanced class out of humans or dragonkins. Almost entirely all of their skills have cast times of about 1-1.5 secs and without mana burn, summoners are basicly the easiest to kill. In terms of pvp strengths, summoners would be on the bottom of the list. They absolutely have no instant cast moves, that already puts them underneath warlocks. Summoners have no combos or locks and they basicly have to run through the entire map and spaming skills in safe zones, as i said cast time for all their skills is 1-1.5 sec, and hope the opposing player runs into it, which is very unlikely. Summoners are already disadvantaged at pvp in general, how would they be imbalanced in dragon tournament?

I think summoner is pretty good in team PvP because he has teammate that can cover him while he is casting.
And the summon that can heal HP should be restricted too imo (dunno its name).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users