Lol Reset Stone Timer - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Lol Reset Stone Timer

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#176 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

The 140+ is the hardest levels, that is intended, but they also aren't presented with the same opportunity as other levels. Part of this was intended to get people to do other characters and take advantage of 9 character slots to go out and experience the community.

Ok, But on Ymir at least, the majority of players will have all 9 slots already full, and many of the alts will be either 140+ or at least approaching it. Maybe on Valk or Ygg that might be an incentive to go make new characters or accounts (or even buy VIP to make more characters on one account, instead of making new accounts each time).

But the 'one size fits all' approach to the servers is not applicable here.

Likely only 1 TI would be available each week but at least everyone can level.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by that? 1 monster instead of 2 for the TIs(or 4 etc) - or - if you do the (using your example) 70-85 TI and hit 86 then you can't do the 86-100 TI?

Edited by lainee, 08 December 2011 - 09:23 PM.

#177 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

Ok, But on Ymir at least, the majority of players will have all 9 slots already full, and many of the alts will be either 140+ or at least approaching it. Maybe on Valk or Ygg that might be an incentive to go make new characters or accounts (or even buy VIP to make more characters on one account, instead of making new accounts each time).

But the 'one size fits all' approach to the servers is not applicable here.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by that? 1 monster instead of 2 for the TIs(or 4 etc) - or - if you do the (using your example) 70-85 TI and hit 86 then you can't do the 86-100 TI?

instead of 2 TIs (or more) per week it would only be 1, but EVERY week there is a TI available rather than every other.
We would have to redo the level ranges of course as the current have too much overlap.

#178 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

instead of 2 TIs (or more) per week it would only be 1, but EVERY week there is a TI available rather than every other.
We would have to redo the level ranges of course as the current have too much overlap.

Make a thread specifically discussing this. The current thread is infested with only one type of players, not to mentioned the topic has seriously been derailed.

#179 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

this sounds bad. this doesn't sound bm worthy. people not wanting the speedy ti party rush or their moneys worth of bm won't mind. or people who don't bm period but want to stop and smell the roses won't mind. but a lot of people won't like it. i'd rather every other week for my ti levels and get a lot for each bm rather than just one little ol' turn in.

#180 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

Make it so you cant use BMs with Gramps. I think this is the ultimate issue at hand.

#181 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

Heim - if you could compile a list of options of what you would consider to change or add for TIs - maybe start a new thread with a poll or just elaborate on what you have thought of so far as the current ideas your working with. That way players can weigh the choices or balance what might work as acceptable concept for the dilemma at hand. I know that no matter what solution the majority agree upon it's not going to make everyone happy but least it's a start in the right direction.

#182 Thursday

Thursday

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

I just wanna say. There are people who can't do turn ins daily because of work and/or school. Sometimes, they only have a day or two of free days to do the turn ins. They are mostly affected by this change.

#183 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

I dont get it. There are already turn ins every week...Keep 2 monster TIs.

#184 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

What actually is the logic/train of thought behind that though? Currently, if you play your cards right, you can pretty much always make sure that for the next set of TI's to be able to get your self into that level bracket (so you can keep doing the TI's each week until you hit 140). What is the relationship between removing the brackets as they are now, so 140's can alway level etc and only having One single TI per week?

#185 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

Heim - if you could compile a list of options of what you would consider to change or add for TIs - maybe start a new thread with a poll or just elaborate on what you have thought of so far as the current ideas your working with. That way players can weigh the choices or balance what might work as acceptable concept for the dilemma at hand. I know that no matter what solution the majority agree upon it's not going to make everyone happy but least it's a start in the right direction.

Heim + polls = fail.
Trust me on that one.

#186 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

Why didnt you remove TIs when they were supposed to end months ago? it wasnt ment to be perma in the first place -_-

#187 iZooM

iZooM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:06 AM

This change would be completely fine if we were given a heads up. So people didnt have to hoard resets. -_- But well that's life... Some people experience luck and some don't. I wish my character was able to hit up scaraba before this change happened. :)

#188 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

Heim + polls = fail.
Trust me on that one.

Indeed. Polls are useless when GMs don't listen to the majority anyway and still do their own thing.

#189 iZooM

iZooM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

Indeed. Polls are useless when GMs don't listen to the majority anyway and still do their own thing.

+1, They will rely still on some sort of HQ:D but that's life, they give the rules coz we play their game. -_-

#190 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:33 AM

I'm sry I mentioned polls - forgive me =_=

#191 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

This is a character driven game. A major part of your characters development is directly related to leveling(more hp/sp/skills/depth). People will always want to level as quick and as easy as possible. When I make a new character I personally use whatever the games gives me to level as cheap and quick as possible.

Other people shouldn't be concerned about my skill lol. Who cares if I suck but have two 150/50 characters. Who cares if I don't have good equips lol. It is awfully pretentious of people to be concerned about the skill level of other players. It makes me laugh every time somebody uses the argument that the game is worse because a person is 150/50 but has bad gear and doesn't know how to play his class as good as a vet who has been on for years. Everbody was new at one point. Give them some time to hunt MVP's. Give them some time to go to PvP. Now that the grinding/leveling portion of the game is done they have a easier path to develope a play style.

Game hour argument is rediculous as well. I can only come from my personal experience in the game on this but I know a lot of people with 150/50 characters that don't play any less than they did after they made them. Most of the people in my guild have multiple characters. Even people that I know that are not considered hardcore players have more than one character to play. What drives game hours doesn't have anything to do with grinding. If the game is not fun then the game hours go away. Most people don't enjoy grinding. The proof is there. Look at how many people used the reset stone timer. Your in the minority if you think grinding is why people stick with this game and play all the hours they do.

I use VIP and im ok with it the way it is but if Heim wants the VIP numbers to go up he is going to have to buff it. He already stated that he would like to see VIP at or above 30% steady. The people that play the game as of now don't see enough value in it or they would spend money on it. Heim is running a business and it would be smart to listen to players opinions about VIP. Those of you that don't use it can hate it all you want. It is part of the game now. When the VIP's ask for buffs they shouldn't get so much hate from people on the forums. Knowing our GM's it may disappear tomorrow with no notice though lol. -_-

#192 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

So would you rather there be several hour gap between resetting? Or the ability to do 2 "quick ones" and then switch to a different character?

I'll say it this way:
I would definatly think about resetting if I can go out with the party I was in and I think the party is so nice and good, that I wanna do another run with them.
But if there's a gab to wait and, basically, requires to look for a new party again - nope, won't reset.
Simply wouldn't have the time for it -_-

#193 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

No one would need to worry about resets if you just went with a system like this one. Yes, it needs tweaking, but I still think it'd be better than what we currently have. The current system encourages rushing too much, and people don't really get a chance to interact socially when it's "rush rush rush and hurry back to gramps".

Even if it's undoable in the end, I'm going to keep plugging it, so it at least gets more attention.

#194 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

Put the timers back to being resetable and remove the ability to use manuals for them.

#195 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Put the timers back to being resetable and remove the ability to use manuals for them.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

#196 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

people do ti's cause they're fast (insanely absurdly fast exp). and that fast part is when you do ti with gramps with manual. this is why a lot of people don't stay to kill monsters past the kill count. i don't know how many people will still do the gramps thing if you take out the ti portion and the manual portion which is where the fast accelerated exp comes in.

i think i read somewhere someone said they gms can make certain maps have extra spawns that gave extra exp.
um, ok. so if they give extra exp and there will be no ti-exp, then people will want smaller efficient parties (ie no "useless" unneeded classes that don't add to the kill or fs aspect) so the exp share is nicer.

then people said to change the exp share mechanic and to make it so that there will be exp boost if a bigger variety of various classes were in the party.
know what's gonna happen? a lot of un-needed classes will still be sitting around in eden cause a party will still prefer 2-3 ab/aoe over 2-3 useless classes. take one of that useless class, take more of the needed and thus extras still left out in the cold.

Edited by AimeeZ, 09 December 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#197 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

people do ti's cause they're fast (insanely absurdly fast exp). and that fast part is when you do ti with gramps with manual. this is why a lot of people don't stay to kill monsters past the kill count. i don't know how many people will still do the gramps thing if you take out the ti portion and the manual portion which is where the fast accelerated exp comes in.

i think i read somewhere someone said they gms can make certain maps have extra spawns that gave extra exp.
um, ok. so if they give extra exp and there will be no ti-exp, then people will want smaller efficient parties (ie no "useless" unneeded classes that don't add to the kill or fs aspect) so the exp share is nicer.

then people said to change the exp share mechanic and to make it so that there will be exp boost if a bigger variety of various classes were in the party.
know what's gonna happen? a lot of un-needed classes will still be sitting around in eden cause a party will still prefer 2-3 ab/aoe over 2-3 useless classes. take one of that useless class, take more of the needed and thus extras still left out in the cold.

Even during turn ins, some classes are simply not effective in a party... I don't know what to tell you?
It's kinda like how some classes/builds are pretty much made to solo level.

Best thing I can tell you to do is make a class that seems appealing to you and is also wanted in parties.
Taking turn ins away wouldn't change the fact that certain classes are not wanted, just saiyan.

Besides. I'm the kind of party leader that accepts any class so long as I have an extra AB by my side, a tank or two, and maybe 2 AoE attackers.
It really just depends on where you're leveling and what classes you already have in the party, as well as the leader.

Edited by Okii, 09 December 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#198 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

i really didn't need you to tell me that but ty

#199 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

i really didn't need you to tell me that but ty

Oh my bad -_-

I don't think GM's can mess with experience given from monsters. Best they can do is the manuals as far as I know.

#200 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for letting me be the useless one in TI parties btw Aimee <3 I really appreciated it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users