BUG REPORT THREAD - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

BUG REPORT THREAD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Setting up a new thread for bugs. Please include the following:

-Character name
-Character class
-What you were testing/what NPC you talked to/what skill you used
-time

If you have screenshots, more the better. Will post here when issues are identified and fixed. Thanks!

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

- testergm1
- Archbishop
- 3:34pm

Using targeted skills pops up the following message box titled: GetSkillAttackRange with the message "attempt to call a nil value"

CONFIRMED/FIXED

-You cannot set up a chat window or shop within three squares of a NPC. This is intended.

-Two handed weapons cannot be equipped/KVM gear shows up as card-able items.

-Training dummy was somehow perma-killed. Fixed and added a respawn timer

-Using targeted skills pops up the following message box titled: GetSkillAttackRange with the message "attempt to call a nil value". Fixed.

-Kafra shop items would pop up a sprite error when clicked in the client. Fixed.

CONFIRMED/NOT FIXED
-Sound settings/UI settings not saving on logout
UNCONFIRMED/TESTING

#3 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

-Destrado
-Shadow Chaser
-doesn't matter

Whenever I use a skill I get a nil error. Also changing into a chaser does not provide you with a paint brush and makeover brush, which is needed for your skills.

#4 Sunset78

Sunset78

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

When I use a skill, and click on the punching bag, I get a pop up saying: attempt to call a nil value.

EDIT: RK, rune mastery level 8: old magic circle. No such thing in game. I know there's a page on iW that shows the materials of the runes, but this is also on the official servers and never changed.

Edited by Sunset78, 07 December 2011 - 04:37 PM.

#5 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

same as Sunset78

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

Targeted skills are popping up the error...it looks like non target skills like Ruwatch/dancer songs are not erroring out.

#7 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

-Revan
-Sura
-4:25 PM

Target skills have errors.. GM told me we're supposed to have KP but I have 0 KP.
Can't put chat pubs up, can't go to PVP room.

Suras - Is it possible to prevent Suras from using SP potions while in GFist sp cooldown so they won't waste SP potions by mistake? You also can't see the word "Fury" or "Snap" when using those skills. And when casting Zen/Power Absorb there are certain times your face won't show.

Edited by kite24, 07 December 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#8 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

Character =
Terras Legacy
Class =
Guillotine Cross
Time =
5:25

Can't equip any of the KVM Katars. Can't purchase regular Katars because im getting I'm over my limit when i barely have 3 items in Inv Had to get the weight pass option to buy a katar, but still can't equip any sorts of Katars

Edited by Braska, 07 December 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#9 Tsurugi

Tsurugi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHampton,VA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

TsurugiNoMai
Swordsman
8:27 PM
Talked to the RuneKnight/Royal Guard Npc can't job change even after spending all my points <------ (Fixed). Also I cant put a chat up.

8:42

I now cannot equip any Two Handed Swords. And Im getting the "Attack Range Error". Also where's alca bringer and doppelganger card?

Edited by Tsurugi, 07 December 2011 - 05:49 PM.

#10 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

no need to put char names, sorcs cant equip 2 handed staffs, no one in sakray can :blink:

#11 Shane

Shane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

-Ishida Quince
-Ranger

Landmine and Claymore have cast times? and trap damage for those traps are way off

And still getting the "Attempt to call a nid value error" as well

#12 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

pvp its down U,U

and wich are that stats of those stones? do they have vit? (i want to test acid bomb)

Edited by sayoko, 07 December 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#13 Rook

Rook

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Character: Rook Mcviel
Class :Rune Knight
time: 5:52 pm PST

Using the skill Hundred spears on punching bag. Creates a Nil value pop up box. I can close it and enter game again but interrupts the gameplay. AS well as Dragons breath.

#14 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

warmer doenst have the stat icon and while sitting the description its bugged

#15 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

gx cant wear katars

#16 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

-Ishida Quince
-Ranger

Landmine and Claymore have cast times? and trap damage for those traps are way off

Hunter trans uses a different formula than Ranger traps. And the added casting times/delays are not buggs it as a huge nerf that makes the entire hunter/sniper calss skills useless.

The nerfs:
*Hunter trap damage, casting time and delay nerfs makes hunter damage traps useless. They will be unplayable effectively making the 2nd class useless.

To be precise, Hunter traps get 1s FIXED casting time, 1s After Cast delay and AoE damage is split between the targets, IE: 5 targets = damage is reduced to 1/5. This effectively kills the entire Hunter/Sniper class. The only good skill left from that branch is Falcon eyes everything else is useless.

I am too lazy to test that bow. Been busy lvling Ninja only to find out that I have to normally level the 2nd class ninja to do any tests at all...

Edit:

warmer doenst have the stat icon

Not a bug.

Edited by Clogon, 07 December 2011 - 07:01 PM.

#17 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

Character Name: Azyrk
Class: Warlock
What I was testing: Sakray (won't actually let me in)
Time: About 8:25PM CST.

When I go to log in, it appears to be interfering with what is going on in my actual client. My avatar, along with all of my other characters, are showing up on Sakray character select.
When I log in, I log into Eden group, wearing equips I was wearing before Sakray went up, and then disconnect. Seems to be having weird communication with my actual account.
And before it comes up, I have Sakray in a completely different place than my gravity folder.

My character select: http://img192.images...akrayerror1.png
In the past, this section has been clear with the exception of characters I made on Sakray. Also, the selection says that those 3 characters are characters 6/9, and that is wrong. Those are my first 3 characters on the account, not the second 3. (If that even has any relevance)

When I try to key over to a clear character: http://img703.images...akrayerror2.png
When this happens, the only way I can get it off my screen is by ending the process via task manager.

It does this with all of my accounts. I have a ghost like (even anorexic-looking) sprites on my Character select menu. I was able to test the server a little bit (one account had a few empty slots), but was shortly disconnected.

The server all of these characters are from is Yggdrasil, if that matters.

It's a pretty odd error I'm getting. I'll keep trying my best to test things though. :s

Edited by Azyrk, 07 December 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#18 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Suras - Is it possible to prevent Suras from using SP potions while in GFist sp cooldown so they won't waste SP potions by mistake?

Not without waiting years for kRO to do it first.

#19 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

• Unknown items in cash shop.
    Spoiler
  • Following client options not saving upon restarting: BGM/Effect sounds Off/On. *If anyone else able to please do post.*
  • Equipment/Costume window status (minimize) not saving. Location/status resets when changing zone and or teleporting. *Confirmed bug on main servers.*
    Spoiler
  • Expiatio skill of arch bishop missing its icon or needs one.
  • Every targetd skill (self/ground) cause an error.
    Spoiler

Would test further once the nil erorr is fixed. :blink:

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

When did you install your sakray? Make sure you are running as admin, if you are not already.

#21 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

When did you install your sakray? Make sure you are running as admin, if you are not already.

Assuming this was directed at me, I installed it way back in July during 13.3 testing. Should be the same thing, no? Everything patched fine.
I can test things so long as I am on an account that has open character select spots. In addition, I was not running it as an admin before, but I did try running as admin to see if that changed anything and I had no luck. Maybe if I deleted the characters I could get around these issues? But, I mean, I don't want to delete my character on Sakray and it somehow carry over and affect my main accounts. :blink:

And when I run as admin I still get the "Cant find file: Sprite (spam)" error.

Edit: Interesting. When I signed back into my Soul-linker account (nonVIP), I can move through character select, it just says "Not available."
Also, when I went to sign into my main account I got the sprite error again, and was able to get a crash-report box. I did manage to copy the wall of text that the box said to forward to a GM. Would you like me to PM it to you, or would it be no help?

Edit2: Other errors I have found while testing are that the Warlock skill descriptions have not been updated and the weapon/armor upgrader breaks equipment. /swt

Edited by Azyrk, 07 December 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#22 Shane

Shane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

need to fix the attempt to call a nid value bug

#23 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

need to fix the attempt to call a nid value bug

Yeah it is extremely annoying. I play full screen and it forces me out of full screen to show me the message. So I can't see my damage or anything. :s

#24 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

Az you need to download the new sakray client, since it's a complete new build. Past sakray client will not work correctly. You can download the client here: http://www.playragna...s/newslist.aspx

#25 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

Az you need to download the new sakray client, since it's a complete new build. Past sakray client will not work correctly. You can download the client here: http://www.playragna...s/newslist.aspx

Ah, I see. Thanks a ton. I'll download it tonight, cause I'm sure it'll take a bit. ;P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users