OGM, what happened to gloomy shyness? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

OGM, what happened to gloomy shyness?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

I can completely understand that Gloomy shyness is really powerful inside a castle at WoE time. But now, my friend, who has a wanderer lvl 109 (just got there without VIP on her own) lost 1/3 of her usefulness with that gloomy nerf... wait, that doesn't even qualify as a nerf... it's a completely remotion of the gloomy effect! She can't be a support player at parties anymore and it's difficult for her to be welcome in a party... God, even GX's are super-welcome now with that cross ripper slasher mega buff!!!

Could you please consider buffing gloomy again (x2 damage, maybe?) or increase other skills efectiveness (including dancer and gypsy's skills)??? Wanderers are really having a hard time here. I don't play wanderer and I'll never do it, but I feel sorry for all my friends who made a wanderer hoping they were helpful in someway, besides looking good for male characters and marry someone.

Edited by JStoneheart, 15 December 2011 - 09:33 PM.

#2 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

gloomy its more like a debuff now........ wanderer/maestro R.I.P :glomp:

Edited by sayoko, 15 December 2011 - 09:43 PM.

#3 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

Maestros can, at least, magic string all the way up and will always be welcome in any party/guild

#4 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:01 PM

Gloomy Shyness was the most ill-thought out skill in the first place. It just reduced Wanderers to nothing more than Gloomy-slaves. It's not like RK's etc were short on being able to deal damage in the first place. Seeing as for what ever reason, the kRO devs like come up with skills that group other Wanderers and Maestros in the same party, it should have been a skill that could be used to buff each other to give more damage, instead of classes that really did not need it in the first place. That said, the new version of Gloomy is even more pathetic and ill conceived than the previous version.

Edited by lainee, 15 December 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#5 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

I'm just waiting for Asayuu to come online and see this topic.
She's just so good at explaining/showing how terrible Wanderer's have it.

#6 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Since the forum is SO slow my post was an agreement with lianee. ^^;;

Edited by Trixdee, 15 December 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#7 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

POPULAR

Do you want to know what happened to performers? Simple.

Both Gloomy and Spiral lost power, then the RKs started deleting their slaves. People who mained one of those classes and were not 150/50 got hurt with the Severe Rainstorm nerf, now they are unable to level except if they leech [Seriously my 99/7 non-trans genetic kills better than my 150/50 wanderer now]. And the ones that are 150/50 noticed they have nothing to do except being meat shields, or living targets [They don't even deserve being called "cannon fodder"] and are very close to quit too [There is where I am right now].

But if you see a maestro, he ignored his post because he has Magic Strings, the only real reason they can live. :glomp:

Yes the class is dead. Even if people say "omg adapt". kRO let horrible formulas work [Siren's Voice], and bugged files to us [Deep Sleep Lullaby]. Ninja nerfed a lot of things like Slow Grace and such.

I remember being proud with the cast time of my wanderer, and say in a party [mainly in the 90~120 level ranges]: "We don't need strings, my cast is enough".

My favourite skill was untouched though. I personally. I liked Gloomy Shyness' "omg -45% aspd debuff, now I can add the -54% from Slow Grace and make it 99%". BUT NO. THEY HAD THE BIG IDEA TO NERF THIS TOO D:

Edited by asayuu, 15 December 2011 - 10:05 PM.

#8 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

So basically everything got nerfed w/ performers and they're now back to bragi/kiss alt slaves?

oh wait, i forgot frost joke is relevant now

Edited by kite24, 15 December 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

At least the sprites are still smexy. :glomp:

#10 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

At least the sprites are still smexy. :glomp:

I leveled a dancer all the way to Gypsy 92 trans because I thought the Wanderer sprite was the prettiest of all (it was my first character on RO, actually).
Watching Wanderers in action then, alongside Maestros, I was disappointed. They didn't seem useful for much other than Gypsy's kiss and SR... as a support/offense balanced class, they really are not balanced at all in both directions.

It led to me quitting my Gypsy--my first character--and starting over as a Swordsman.

I think, okay well if I had stuck with my Gypsy, maybe the balance patch would fix things.

Posted Image

Edited by Okii, 15 December 2011 - 11:01 PM.

#11 Hathaway

Hathaway

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Well, I can understand the balance of the formula since CS is too over powered, but... DISMOUNT the dragon/peco? What is the sense of that? XD

Dancer starts dancing and the dragon got scared off the dance? kRO started that, which, doesn't make sense at all... -__-"

#12 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

So basically everything got nerfed w/ performers and they're now back to bragi/kiss alt slaves?

oh wait, i forgot frost joke is relevant now

Sorry, but frost joke is still for bards only.

#13 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

Performers needed dramatic buff, especially Wanderers.

#14 iZooM

iZooM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:24 AM

Renewal: less players main these classes

"Balanced": With the infos you give... are we still seeing main wanderers and maestros? Even my guildie is planning to shift now. :glomp:

#15 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

I'd love to see Arrow Vulcan boosted back into being a main offensive skill.

#16 Volt88

Volt88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

^ Well, Guillotine Fist is a Monk/Champ skill so why not? It would be cool to see AS buffed just like Gravity buffed some skills from 1st and 2nd classes.

#17 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

SR QQ follows~
[[You know, at first I thought the small amount of QQ I saw over "severe nerfstorm" was exaggeration that I didn't need to worry about... I was rather more worried about my caster classes (which, as it turned out, were nothing to worry over, in my opinion. Not gonna switch them out for anything. Ever. <3 ), so I didn't touch my performers. I had already used my maestro's reset well before the patch so I left him as is, but I left my Wanderer in reset limbo, however, just in case those complaints about severe rainstorm had any credibility.

I tried my maestro out today and it turns out those QQers were entirely justified. My maestro is now doing about 35% of the damage he was doing before and I'm not sure what to do with my wanderer until soul linkers can reach 150 and I can con parties without maestros into accepting both characters for strings.]]

General Wanderer QQ~
[[I am now also worried about getting gloomy shyness on two of my three performers... Is it at least worth it as a debuff/mount remover? I saw asayuu's post about Slow Grace + Gloomy being nerfed, too... Was originally going to gloomy slave for hundred spears and swing dance for a number of characters but...

I don't think I've ever been so without a clear goal or purpose for exploration on any class before. X_x ]]

That said... I still don't have any of the three solo support skills or the chorus skills (unless I leave out SR entirely... which is likely, now). Are Swing Dance, Dances with Wargs, and Saturday Night Fever any fun?

#18 ultra39

ultra39

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

Swing Dance is pretty good now imo, as long as you aren't in a party full of classes that have their own aspd increasing buffs. the two won't stack.

Dance with Wargs is also good, but only if you party with rangers. not exactly practical for its other effects, since it takes too many maestro/wanderers to match Sacrament, and i'm sure the aspd increase can be covered by Swing Dance (and probably won't stack either).

SNF, i'm not sure how i feel about this skill anymore. i thought it'd be great for WoE to cancel out potting and for setting up potential total lock-outs, but its success rate seemed rather low to me when testing on sakray. not sure if its success rate is also based on the number of maestro/wanderer in the party.

Deep Sleep Lullaby is a complete waste of time now, and from what i'm hearing, so is Siren's Voice. if you've got those maxed out, those are more points you could probably free up for other skills.

going back to gloomy for a second now, i'd like to see it turned into an outright debuff at this point. make it able to target enemies and also add a small % chance whenever they perform any action other than movement, they'll lose their mount.

#19 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Thinking about retiring my wanderer too. She can't even gloomy slave me now, or serve any real purpose now! Time to play my paladin (future RG) instead?

#20 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Stalker and Gypsy were always my favorite classes. Now Shadow Chaser and Wanderer are both kind of bad compared to other classes.
I played Stalker when they kind of sucked because I enjoyed the class, but Wanderer is just on a completely different level of terrible.

#21 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Well, it's clear now: if you have a wanderer, go marry her to a gunslinger, so they can be a pretty useless couple.

#22 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

Wanderers still have many uses but most of the sh!t ass players just never really made proper uses of them. Totally laughing my ass off at all them lame ass rks that made wanderer wives for gloomy though.

As for what people can do on their wanderers I'm just going to let everyone figure that sh!t out over time. I'm having a blast watching everyone QQ here.

#23 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

I'd love to see Arrow Vulcan boosted back into being a main offensive skill.

This, so much this.
The first class I ever played on RO was a gypsy, years and years ago.
I had so much fun spamming that skill, and was one of the tings that got me hooked on the game.
I remember I used to be able to one hit stuff like peach tree's and farmed db's to sell for money.
Then I came back after a break during renewal and was like ...wtf is this... I can't even farm basic stuff with this class anymore?
I ended up spamming DS until 3rd job where I got rainstorm which made up for the lack of AV, but now...

Back to spamming DS? lol

#24 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

This, so much this.
The first class I ever played on RO was a gypsy, years and years ago.
I had so much fun spamming that skill, and was one of the tings that got me hooked on the game.
I remember I used to be able to one hit stuff like peach tree's and farmed db's to sell for money.
Then I came back after a break during renewal and was like ...wtf is this... I can't even farm basic stuff with this class anymore?
I ended up spamming DS until 3rd job where I got rainstorm which made up for the lack of AV, but now...

Back to spamming DS? lol

There is always arrow shower for pre-3rd class, assuming you get it. I leveled 3 dancers/bard classes with I think it was a +9 bow guardian gakk with either elemental arrows or endow/steel arrows + striking. But thats just me.

#25 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

There is always arrow shower for pre-3rd class, assuming you get it. I leveled 3 dancers/bard classes with I think it was a +9 bow guardian gakk with either elemental arrows or endow/steel arrows + striking. But thats just me.

I don't see why would people vote negatively a comment about a personal experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users