jesuslandry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:leonis

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

ive noticed this -.- thtts why i was axe the epic axe also gives aspeed :P

yeah but have u already seen a good axe champ ... seriously ... NOT!!!!!

#77 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

Forgive me for not being that social on the forums and if this comes across as blunt or a bit heartless. I've lost some social skills from being hidden away for so long in dev work. First, I mean no offense in my responses, but simply giving a candid response regarding the comments and points of topic/interest being expressed. I offer my responses as some insight or reasoning, in attempt to help you see it isn't as bad as you think and it certainly isn't going to be permanent. There are many more changes expected to happen in the coming future and this is just the first nudge in that direction. We are anxious to hear feedback once the servers come back online and you can get some play time in and feel what these changes have impacted in the overall balance of game play, both PvP and PvEverything else.:P

@DoubleRose

1. from what i can tell champs really got nerfed, the weapon thing really requires a skill reset.
  • No, it won't require a reset, because only the end tree skills were set to require the weapon which tree it was designed for. The first active skills still allow for each weapon tree type to be used. However, as explained we do have a skill reset service being placed in for the time being to allow for players to reset via a zulie purchase. There is no restriction to how many times you may reset otherwise, while we have this service active in-game.
2. I was hoping champ defense would go down and i've never seen somebody use Geon Archangel Crumpler, so i hate to see it get worse (the best named move in the game)
  • Just because you don't see anyone use it, doesn't mean it isn't still overpowered in comparison to other skills.
3. why the heck did you decrease the range in dual raiders aoe, it should not be nerfed because they only have one, I actually was looking for dual raiders to get a little stronger,(maybe faster?) that's too bad. though faster cooldown makes it a little better
  • As you pointed out, because the cooldown was reduced. The range of the AoE was in fact fairly impressive in reach, being that this is a melee character, it only made sense to pull in the range a bit in exchange for the ability to use it more frequently.
4. glad to see grenades balanced
  • I'm glad you are, though like you, those affected may be just as unhappy with how a change may affect you.
5. a huge problem i see is a lot of skills lost being reliable, so they are on longer affected by the additional damage buff so thereby much worse
  • This makes accuracy more valuable and have a need to invest in to to ensure consistency in combat.
6. no full debuff skill change?
  • I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this.
7. I though this was going to be on Pegasus first.
  • This is not the full skill balancing that we have in mind. These are minor adjustments that were felt able to be done to help nudge in the direction of balance we are going to be working towards, once Pegasus goes full throttle.

@Teus

omg.. now champs have 2 use the right weapon 2 use skills x.x
  • Indeed, that was the intended reason for the change. This only removes 2 of the 3 final skill tiers that a Champion has access to, by forcing the final skill tree skill for a weapon type to require the weapon it was designed for. Depending on which skill you wish to use most for a certain situation, will now be something to decide before going in to combat.
@noXname

Wow the champs got Way to nerf over all i mean Wow wtf are gona do with the extra skills points know i mean wow...
i can care less about the new cooldown and stuff but really make them Only for their own weapon class to hold that just gona piss ppl off and quit champo gona be a dead class
  • 18 skill points total, to two skills you cannot use depending on which weapon you have equipped. Everything is just as available otherwise.
@Aymee

So now my Mage is going to do nothing but miss. That sucks....
  • You may miss from time to time, depending on whether or not you have enough accuracy to strike your target. Please note, that only the ice and lightning skill tree was effected this way. The mana and fire skills remain magic reliable skills.
@OooOPS

This is not balancing... this is nerfing :blaugh:
Mage can miss? This is against the whole idea of Magical damages.
Few hope to see more Dual Raider.
And you had your mind totally polluted by the rumours of overpowering Arti on the forum! Have you guys ever try PvM with an Arti? Why nerfing this class, it is hell to lvl already! The Arti have no other choice than to leech XP :dunno:
  • Yes, indeed a vast majority of this is nerfing, but this has come to pass from all the discussions, complaints and arguments over mostly one class being overpowered and all others not being powerful enough. Though everyone has a viewpoint on a way things could be better, this is but one step towards an ultimate goal to see balance restored between classes. No one class should be dominent against all odds and situations.
@TankJr

are u kidding me?
what is this?????????
do u ever listen to the community, do u ever play this game urself?????????
is that all u do for scout? u weakon a skill which is alrdy useless???????
????????????????
no comment......

• Too late, you commented and now for my response! :thumb: Look at the name of the skill. Point blank. Meaning, right in your face. There were quite a few more changes that could have been done for the Scout, however the changes to give balance were outside of the scope of restrictions set before us for today. Most major changes desired to be done, will come with Pegasus' testing once it is up and running. For now, this is just a step in the direction. And yes TankJr, I do listen. Most of these changes were resulted from reviewing the points of complaint and suggestions within the Senate's discussion over skill balancing.
@bluehell

From the way you wrote it, it wont be an item, It will be like paying for a community face in zant, is that correct?
  • Correct! Once you pay for the service, it will immediately take place. No item is involved.

@MageKane

I dont see how its an extinction of champs... they still have high DEF and HP, 2 stuns, mute, and high AP... in my opinion, this does balance the champs out. Getting rid of one stun for sword/spear is great. No other class has that many stuns as champs did before. I do see in the future alot of shops selling champ gear for so cheap tho lol.

But, think of it. Now champs aren't a safe class to play, they are now like Raiders, gonna be harder to play and take people to practice with them. Not just go into UW or tg and kill everyone in sight. ITS CALLED SKILL! Only the champs in-game currently that know how to play champs with Skill, will remain as champs.

+1000000000000 to the Devs on this update
  • :angel: Thank you.
@whattafaceee

So what is left for mages that is reliable? It has gotten poo-er.
  • As I mentioned above, it is only the ice and lightning skills that are being given this treatment for Muse/Mages. I'm fairly sure you will still be able to play and murderface everything, with a few tweaks in build or gear.

#78 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Maintenance Time will be extend to 6 PM PST

Time to do other things. Come back later.

#79 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

You guys should put the stat reset along with the Skill reset Book x_x

#80 MsHotShot

MsHotShot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

Why is everybody raging about a nerf in champs so what if they lose some stuns and aoes, they will still be strong compared to other classes (I.E Scouts). Ok. So now you atleast SOME skills to play a champ instead of blindly charging towards enemies, deal with it!

#81 jesuslandry

jesuslandry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Why is everybody raging about a nerf in champs so what if they lose some stuns and aoes, they will still be strong compared to other classes (I.E Scouts). Ok. So now you atleast SOME skills to play a champ instead of blindly charging towards enemies, deal with it!

stfu u only said this cuz u didnt have a champ xD

#82 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

If skill resets are sold for 10m I hope they aren't able to be traded or sold.

EDIT: NVM.. wee

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 20 December 2011 - 04:13 PM.

#83 SpeschlForse

SpeschlForse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

Looks very good, but hope is not the final fix on the champ skill tree.

#84 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

lol

#85 NoodleKingg

NoodleKingg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Honestly, 10mil isn't so bad for a skill reset. Considering most players sold them for 130mil before the patch.
I'm a bit curious about what will happen to all the skill resets that IM buyers have spent lots of points on =/

I really like the Champ nerfs though. People will finally make AXE champs xD. Screwing with the aoe weapon requirements aren't that bad though, probably makes bourgs a potentially better class to farm with.

Regarding the scout skills... I was kinda hoping that scouts would get additional aspd with one of their passives or at least have one of their skills improved, rather than nerfing a skill that was already a waste.

+1 on the Artisan skills though :P

#86 MsHotShot

MsHotShot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

Dude don't even, I do have a champ actually multiple ones and this patch just evens out the playing field.

#87 Stach

Stach

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for making Battle Arti's useless. Another thing that made me laugh is you nerfed mages as well. If mages didn't have the debuff skill, then how many people would be playing that class pvp wise? 0. The only reason people play that class is to debuff people and piss them off. You made them even worse than they were before. GG. Now the majority of rose will change to Raider. Couple months later people will complain that Raiders are too OP. It's an ongoing cycle unless you listen to the community and the people who actually play it.

Edited by Stach, 20 December 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#88 jesuslandry

jesuslandry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

Dude don't even, I do have a champ actually multiple ones and this patch just evens out the playing field.

iight so u just told me u have a champ and u agreed whit the new skills build they almost forced us to use lol look like u dont know how to play ur champ or u was weak cuz with this new -_-ty patches champ gonna sucks right now ....seriously have u seen a good and skilled axe champ seriously ... ?

Edited by jesuslandry, 20 December 2011 - 04:16 PM.

#89 Teus

Teus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

Oh well Good Job guys ^^ hope this can lead to better things :P

#90 MsHotShot

MsHotShot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

iight so u just told me u have a champ and u agreed whit the new skills build they almost forced us to use lol look like u dont know how to play ur champ or u was weak cuz with this new -_-ty patches champ gonna sucks right now ....seriously have u seen a good and skilled axe champ seriously ... ?

LOL WTF are you trying to say??? Grammar check plz

#91 OneBadMofo

OneBadMofo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

Time to give up on this game and find something that is actually fun to play again.

#92 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

To those asking, the skill resets will be offered as an NPC dialogue option, not as an item which can be stockpiled.

And to those asking for stat resets, there are no changes in this patch which warrant the need for a stat reset. If you wish to change weapon, that is purely your decision, and not something which is forced on you.

This is very nice to hear, no way for someone to hoard the books... although for some (like myself)... the price might be steep...

Edited by Genesis, 20 December 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#93 CoolCat420

CoolCat420

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

No, there isn't any good axe champs in game atm, but, there WILL be, Axe champs now have all the stuns... People will change to Axe champ now.

Edited by Genesis, 20 December 2011 - 04:28 PM.

#94 DarrellDime

DarrellDime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

now artisan is for crafting only..if you want to pvp or war..make other job..lol..

#95 jesuslandry

jesuslandry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

No, there isn't any good axe champs in game atm, but, there WILL be, Axe champs now have all the stuns... People will change to Axe champ now.

Why flame other peoples opinions? It's an opinion, no need to act childish about it

LOL maybe as u said it its childish but i spent so much time building my champ now they just :P up evrything first gotta buy new wep and rest skill and maybe fixed gears cuz i change some skill and wep :blaugh:

#96 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

From what I can tell, the "nerfs" aren't exactly that bad.

Champs still have their general 3 AoEs. (axe at 2)
Although they have 2 stuns left instead of 3, other classes also suffer the same problem where they lost a stun.

Clerics for example only have 1 stun, Artis have lost a grenade, Mages attacks can miss now.

Compared to how classes were back then, the skills are still decent.
E.g, Sword used to have 2 aoes, spear 3, axe none, where all the skills had only a set weapon requirement.

On the bright side in terms of Champs, Axe might be used more now that the sword and spear have lost a stun, where the axe has kept all 3.

#97 jesuslandry

jesuslandry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Looks like you're the one who needs to go to school <--- (learn how to spell before you start arguments)

lol omg ur so stupid we are not all coming form the same contry what about if u try to talk to me in my language u morrons LOL

#98 NoodleKingg

NoodleKingg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

lol omg ur so stupid we are not all coming form the same contry what about if u try to talk to me in my language u morrons LOL

Right. But you don't have to call people names and insult them.

#99 jesuslandry

jesuslandry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

Right. But you don't have to call people names and insult them.

TROLLOLL

#100 ElDirecto

ElDirecto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

I say more critical blows on champ skills! >:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users