Just disable chats/vends in Eden Group - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 16 votes

Just disable chats/vends in Eden Group

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

#26 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

Had to Manhole some of them away from the NPC, but...

Exactly how many "Party Recruiting" chats do you see here in this screenshot compared to "S/B>" chats?

Pretty hypocritical of you to abuse manhole to screw with people that don't agree with the 3x3 area around npcs.
It's not like it's hard to target npcs if someone is vending next to them.

You whiners on the forums need to stop getting your way.

Edited by shado, 31 December 2011 - 02:37 PM.

#27 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

Pretty hypocritical of you to abuse manhole to screw with people that don't agree with the 3x3 area around npcs.

Manholing them will only get you in trouble, TK.

The forums are made for feedback and suggestions <__>

#28 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

That's the only place in the game to find a party anymore. Removing chats would be the final deathblow to partying in this game.

If people are intentionally setting up chats that block the TI guy (as opposed to being shoved over there by morons with knockback skills), just pass out 8 hour bans or something - basically just long enough to make it not worth doing.

#29 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

You can't put up comments in a booking system, can you? So I can't put up a msg saying something like "N>warlock, gwing thor" or "Need 2ABs, 1 aoe" or "R>X [2spots] gwing"

I don't even pay attention to the booking system, its too limited. Much easier to just go in eden, get the quest, put up chat asking for party/recruiting, then use the guy to warp. All in one convenient place. That is the location where people get the quest, so it makes sense to form parties there also since that is where you find people doing the quest.

I don't know what the issue with chats/vends is, I've never had a problem clicking the npc.

If chats get disabled then I'm just going to sit in Eden and spam my needs. When multiple people are doing that it is going to get annoying fast.

Isn't that why people hangout on floor 1 of eden anyway? Quests and badges.

The Booking System is very easy to use.. though I feel that most players really don't even know it exists.
You can ask for specific classes or party roles and once you have what you need in one area, you can remove it from your search and add another if you like.
I wish more people would use this; it's a very efficient party recruitment system.

setting up chats is easy too, but clutters the room.
Unless GM's move Gramps away from a newb area I would say disable chats/vends as well in Eden.

Gramps should just go in the restaurant in Eden. ;\

#30 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

It's not exactly screwing with them when I'm merely relocating them a few cells away. It's not like I'm warping them out of Eden Group or moving them through portals either. As I pointed out, it may not be as bad right now, but it'll get worse when more and more people think it's acceptable to find ways to bypass the restricted areas around NPC's.

FYI: It's not a 3x3 area. It's a 7x7 area.

Were you here before they placed these restrictions in? I bet not when you're making this comment in the first place. There was a point where vends/chats were layered right below NPC's to the point where you literally could not click on the NPC due to the bubbles blocking a certain NPC.

That's the only place in the game to find a party anymore. Removing chats would be the final deathblow to partying in this game.

If people are intentionally setting up chats that block the TI guy (as opposed to being shoved over there by morons with knockback skills), just pass out 8 hour bans or something - basically just long enough to make it not worth doing.

Nothing's stopping you from making chats at the Turn In areas.

Though people do seem to be leaning on the temporary hour or two bans.

Edited by GuardianTK, 31 December 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#31 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

It's not exactly screwing with them when I'm merely relocating them a few cells away. It's not like I'm warping them out of Eden Group or moving them through portals either. As I pointed out, it may not be as bad right now, but it'll get worse when more and more people think it's acceptable to find ways to bypass the restricted areas around NPC's.

Were you here before they placed these restrictions in? I bet not when you're making this comment in the first place. There was a point where vends/chats were layered right below NPC's to the point where you literally could not click on the NPC due to the bubbles blocking a certain NPC.

I've been on valk since it opened, thanks. All the things you people complain about on the forums have no impact in the gameplay, and you spent more time on here bitching than actually playing the game. There has never been a time where an npc was impossible to click on. Turn your :thumb: camera slightly, it isn't hard to figure out. This update was completely unnecessary and is more of an annoyance than anything. A small group of liberals gets butthurt about misclicking a vend instead of an npc, and now any time I want to make a vend or chat I end up having to try three different spots? Pretty damn stupid.

#32 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

I've been on valk since it opened, thanks. All the things you people complain about on the forums have no impact in the gameplay, and you spent more time on here bitching than actually playing the game. There has never been a time where an npc was impossible to click on. Turn your :thumb: camera slightly, it isn't hard to figure out. This update was completely unnecessary and is more of an annoyance than anything. A small group of liberals gets butthurt about misclicking a vend instead of an npc, and now any time I want to make a vend or chat I end up having to try three different spots? Pretty damn stupid.

When I first started I couldn't find gramps, and 3 times I had to make a thread just to find an eden hunting quest npc. Even after they told me I couldn't see them. I didn't do a turn in until i was 93/50. If it doesn't concern you why are you even in the thread? It's about people who purposely make other people's gaming experience more difficult because they think putting bubbles up around an NPC makes people want to deal with them

#33 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

I do have 2 150 characters and working on a 3rd one. Thanks for thinking I don't play the game a lot more than being on the forums. And you'd be surprised at the things that do get changed when people make suggestions on the forums. This doesn't exclude QQ posts by the way, which unfortunately brings bad changes from time to time.

If you want to vend, go to Prontera where you can be seen by the Window Shopper Catalogue item.

For the record, there was one point where the vends/chats did indeed cover up Gramps from almost every angle. Even if you moved your camera around a lot, it wasn't easy to find a spot to click him. If I look at it from a new player's standpoint, this would get pretty frustrating.

Don't tell me you're one of those people that tries to bypass the NPC restriction zones, are you? If not, do you agree that it'd be fair to temporarily ban people who bypass NPC restriction zones?

PS: Might want to tone down on your language by the way. The case stands that the main problem are the people who basically abuse a glitch to make chats/vends within the NPC restriction zones.

#34 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

When you go to a website, do you enjoy it when ads pop up everywhere?
When you click on them, they open another page, that even though you can close, it is a small and annoying inconvenience.

Now tell me that clicking on vends when you want to talk to an NPC isn't an annoyance.
I don't WANT to buy things--I WANT to talk to that NPC!

#35 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

I agree with this, to a certain extent, disable Vends, we don't need them there,(its making people lazy and making the traffic in Eden CRAZY BAD) completely disabling Chats however is way to far, Chats in Eden are EXTREMELY important for setting up(TI/LVLing/MvPing/kletsF*#karoundonarandomfieldforafewhours*)Party's, if you say otherwise, your an idiot, leave, don't even respond to this (seriously,i'm not going to respond).

I don't see why we don't use one of the Empty (i'm assuming there supposed to be entrances to rooms) and set up some kind of market place IN one of the rooms on the second floor (taking care of the Vedor issue "amicably", even though i'm of the opinion that they should not be allowed in), or setting areas that you can ONLY vend / Chat on (cant be to hard if you can set areas they cant, i'm sure you to do the same for places they can).

Exactly how many "Party Recruiting" chats do you see here in this screenshot compared to "S/B>" chats?

3, and one GR> Piony Only, WTF is up with that :thumb:?

#36 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

Yes, there are two reasons i can see that make this an nonviable option,

1) Hostile mobs.

2) People (lets face it non VIPs) that dont want to/ cant solo walk all the way there to find a party.

They may seem small, but to many would pose a problem (mainly non VIPs that don't want to lose :thumb: tons of EXP getting to a Ti, in order to get EXP, i smell a conundrum, resulting in the attitude of "F*^K IT, IaMa SeT An AnD IVYTE MEEE PL000XXXXXX CHAT!"

I think that allowing for Chats in Eden is bot considerate and compassionate towards our non-VIP players.

#37 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

- buying and selling chats
could be replaced by increasing the allowed zeny vendors can ask for their loot and allow buying of items one does not already have

- auctioning chats
could be replaced by a (new and improved) auctioning house*

- needing party and recruiting party chats
could be replaced by a (new and improved) booking system

- guild recruiting chats
could be replaced by a (new) guild advertising system**

There are more chat signs than vendors anyway. And let's face it, neither are bothersome as long as they don't clog up the whole room. They set up chats there because many players go there. So it is not necessary to prevent all chats but to make other ways of recruiting and trading more attractive.

* you know you want it
** overview of all established guilds on the server with info whether they do WoE, MVP, what classes and level ranges they recruit, leader's name, etc.

#38 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

Make it a no vend map.

#39 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

There have been suggestions to make another room in Eden Group for the purpose of vending or whatever. I think Heim or Oda displayed an interest in doing something like this at one point as well, but that was so long ago. They've been so busy with the Balance Patch and Ep14.1 content lately.

In all honesty though, it's like around a 7 out of 10 ratio chats on the 1st floor of Eden Group consisting of "Buying/Selling" compared to "Recruiting/Needing Party."

#40 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

Temp bans for repeat violators would solve this whole issue really quick. When they inspect, the GMs just have to make sure that the character is going into the three cell radius themselves, and not being manholed there or something... in which case, ban the manholer for putting people too close to NPCs.

In a perfect world, the Vend skill would be outright disabled in Eden, but people have begged for that for months and it hasn't happened, so it unfortunately looks like it might never happen... unless maybe if we keep begging for it constantly.

Edited by Dreimdal, 12 February 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#41 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

take vends out of EDEN PERIOD!

allow chats...

First off, Edens is the first place i tell a new player to go... with all the CRAP!! vends and chats they find it really hard to find not just the npcs but find the kill quest and it really brings bak the whole SPAMMERS IN PRONTERA FEEL

Chats, they are needed... bio partys ud sit in edens for 20-40min waiting for a party to fill, having the whole dead cell area around gramps was ANNOYING!! it really was, even that table in the middle where gramps is... its annoying! you need space to sit and wait for partys!

Eden venders bypass ragial... ragial bots dont go to eden... ur gear wont sell in edens unless its cheap or needed PERIOD

VENDERS GTFO OF EDENS!!

#42 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

SECONDLY... FORUMS HAS A MARKET!! why not MAKE people use it!

#43 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:01 AM

Pinoys are Filipinos, this is i in iRO is for international. IRL they're always banding together. Gameplay-wise it's probably beneficial due to language and timezones.

Slightly on-topic, why are the window shopping catalogues no longer usable in Eden, that's like... the only reason I got them.

#44 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Important NPCs like gramps should use Basilica D:

#45 kite24

kite24

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 506 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

oh my i'm a liberal

#46 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

i've seen private servers with better organized vending and npc arrangement. iro gms should play those and get some new ideas...

#47 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Important NPCs like gramps should use Basilica D:

Hmmmmmmmm.... Not Gramps, but you gave me another idea. Turnin maps having a "safe zone" [aka Basilisca] where the monsters cannot attack, and people can "rest", and recruit/be recruited for parties.

And related to the booking. Isn't possible to change the "message" to:

"Someone is advertising to a party in mapname."?

or

"Someone is advertising to a party. Click in "Booking" to check out its info." [I would say to make a shortcut, but the booking window has no shortcut assigned.

Also I wonder. Why shops are avaiable, and nobody can use the window shop catalogue? /wah

#48 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

Come on now, you survived for 8+ years with chats being openable near an NPC. I think talk of banning players from the game without warning is a little over the top. Let's be reasonable.

#49 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

I remember saying something before about manholing the bastards away from the npcs and got threatened for it because it 'impedes others' play'. Well, they've been impeding my play by blocking the damn NPCs, so why shouldn't I be allowed to move them out of the way? Doesn't make much sense to me that they can get away with that crap.

#50 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

If I remember correctly from some thread a few weeks/months ago, some mod said that Oda said manholing to move venders in eden is OK for a couple spaces, but not out the door obviously. Tell me if I'm wrong though >.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users