Just disable chats/vends in Eden Group - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 16 votes

Just disable chats/vends in Eden Group

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

#51 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Eden venders bypass ragial...

Not anymore.

#52 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

I think that we should definitely disable buy/sell shops, but not chat rooms. This is because a lot of the players uses chat rooms to recruit players for party and such.

#53 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

Temp bans for repeat violators would solve this whole issue really quick. When they inspect, the GMs just have to make sure that the character is going into the three cell radius themselves, and not being manholed there or something... in which case, ban the manholer for putting people too close to NPCs.

In a perfect world, the Vend skill would be outright disabled in Eden, but people have begged for that for months and it hasn't happened, so I won't be holding my breathe waiting for it anymore...

It's actually 7x7(Two cells away from the center). Not 3x3(1 cell radius surrounding the NPC).

Either case, why worry about Manhole being abused to move people "into" the restricted zones if you can disable Manhole? As long as the previous problem gets solved first, I wouldn't care if Manhole gets disabled in Eden Group.

#54 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

It's actually 7x7(Two cells away from the center). Not 3x3(1 cell radius surrounding the NPC).

Either case, why worry about Manhole being abused to move people "into" the restricted zones if you can disable Manhole? As long as the previous problem gets solved first, I wouldn't care if Manhole gets disabled in Eden Group.

Hmm, I said 3 cell radius. Not sure where you're getting 3x3 from. >_>

In any case, yes, disabling in Eden both Vend and Manhole (and any other skill that can move another player) would solve all this.

#55 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hmm, I said 3 cell radius. Not sure where you're getting 3x3 from. >_>

In any case, yes, disabling in Eden both Vend and Manhole (and any other skill that can move another player) would solve all this.

Oh well I assumed you meant 3x3, because there's a few people who keep saying 3x3. xD

#56 euglena

euglena

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

You all sound like you need a relaxant.

This is not a big deal, they're just chat rooms. Don't enter them

#57 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

Getting more and more people who are bypassing the NPC restriction zones.

Posted Image

This one immediately moved back to that same spot right after I tried moving him too.

#58 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yeah, it's pretty inconsiderate when you PURPOSELY find away to bypass the system. The 3x3 area is not that big of a deal; there are plenty of spaces in Eden. When you put a chat in front of an NPC, you're only pissing people off. Especially now that the GMs have implemented a safe zone, and you're going out of your way to get around it. :bow:
I'm just going to report anyone I see doing it. :dunno:

I agree with :rofl:

Agreed, so long as you also ban the people skill abusing to teleport people out of Eden / anywhere else. I literally went AFK for a 5 minute smoke on my genetic - sitting in the farthest north east corner near NOTHING no less and come back to being warped out to pront. That is complete BS. EIther the GMs need to start banning for everything ( and I have sent reports in when shadow chasers where doing this to multiple characters - chasers where confirmed banned at least temp ) or ignoring everything. I should start just vend sitting with fraps running to catch these monkeys... I have TBs of space to waste.

#59 sunofnothing

sunofnothing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

All I've gotta say is, you cant be bannin people for havin chats near npcs. People get manholed, end up near an npc. End of story. Unless you KNOW its one of their alts moving them around or w/e, then your being COMPLETELY out of line with this thread.

*EDIT* after reading the post above me, I agree that maybe the SC's are to blame here... Disabling manhole and ice wall in eden seems like a fair deal.

Edited by sunofnothing, 12 January 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#60 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

All I've gotta say is, you cant be bannin people for havin chats near npcs. People get manholed, end up near an npc. End of story. Unless you KNOW its one of their alts moving them around or w/e, then your being COMPLETELY out of line with this thread.

*EDIT* after reading the post above me, I agree that maybe the SC's are to blame here... Disabling manhole and ice wall in eden seems like a fair deal.

Manhole should be disabled, but it doesn't give people the right to abuse bugs to set up Chats within NPC restriction zones either. Of course, people who Manhole others with Chats up into the NPC restriction zones or Manholing others out of Eden Group are also in the wrong.

There's a reason why they set up those places where you can't set up Chats in the first place, because you're not supposed to be setting up a Chat there in the first place.

#61 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

That ss is insane.

#62 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

That ss is insane.

You mean how there's over 50 different Buying/Selling Chats and Vends in that one screenshot alone?

#63 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

People should really start using the booking system more. Making chat rooms is so old school.

#64 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

*cough*
*prepares to repeat herself for good sake*

5 Steps on cleaning Eden Group from Chats and Vends one and for all and also keep recruit Chats and Window Shoppers:

1. Choose a nice City that gets way too low attention and look for a nice, free space.

2. Move Gramps to this place and put a copy of the ViP Buffer (and maybe Warper) right next to him.

3. Add a NPC in Eden to warp to Gramp's new place.

4. If you want to be generous, also put an Inn, Repair and Kafra (for Storage) in the near. Mount Sellers (Knight, Royal Guard, Mado-Mechanic) are even more generous.

5. Unable Chats and Vends on Eden Group.

Vender and Recruit Chat will move to new Gramp's place. With the 3x3 NPC free space NPC's are still clickable, even if it's getting crouded there. But honestly, when there's more space than just the 1st floor of Eden - Chats and Vends won't be that much of a problem anymore =)
Also, this only affect's TI'ler, not normal Eden Quester :blah:

#65 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

>50% of the players don't know how to use the booking system and nowhere explains it...

Unless the new Eden NPCs say something about it.

#66 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

>50% of the players don't know how to use the booking system and nowhere explains it...

They do now.
Either way you'd have to be mentally challenged to not understand how that booking system works.
Cause if they don't learn how to use this booking system, I'll be laughing when the new BG booking system comes and people will still cry that no one does Battlegrounds.

Edited by iiNote, 16 January 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#67 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

Fact: You cannot be teleported out of the map via Warp Portal + Manhole if you have a shop/chatroom open.

#68 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Fact: You cannot be teleported out of the map via Warp Portal + Manhole if you have a shop/chatroom open.

guys listen to creza on this one I can attest she is an expert because she spends all day manholing people in eden

#69 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

guys listen to creza on this one I can attest she is an expert because she spends all day manholing people in eden

She sounds like a bouncer :blah:

#70 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

Or a character in a fanfiction titled "The Garden of Eden: The story of Adam & Adam"

#71 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

She sounds like a bouncer :blah:

lol xD

#72 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

2nd Floor of Eden Group's Instructor NPC's explains things about the Booking System, as well as a slew of other things. Think of it as an extra training floor that teaches you about some of the more useful things.

Fact: There's a loophole around what you describe. You can Manhole+Warp Portal people out of Eden Group if you do it in a certain way, in which I'm not going to describe in the case that it might get used for griefing. It doesn't matter if you have a shop/chatroom open.

#73 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Fact: You can still be warped out with at least buy shop open - possibly vending as well - if they manhole you to the door portal, been there watched it done.

#74 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Fact: You can still be warped out with at least buy shop open - possibly vending as well - if they manhole you to the door portal, been there watched it done.

Yeah but manholing them to the door portal only puts them back to town. The Manhole+Warp Portal trick allows you to warp them wherever you want.

#75 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

A. Disable vend shop on first floor in eden. Second floor is fine.

B. Chats are fine in eden.

Never used looking for party system. Chat soooo much easier. Honestly just makes it hard to move in eden with so many vend shop around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users