Just disable chats/vends in Eden Group - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 16 votes

Just disable chats/vends in Eden Group

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

#126 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

Without the auction feature implemented people need a place to vend high tier gears...

I use the forums but even with deals struck people dont always honor them.

Eden is designed for it, that is why you cant vend on the bottem floor!

#127 WheatSword

WheatSword

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

People are still going to rip off other people, even with a vend increase, it will just be of a larger scale <3

But nonetheless, it will "slowly" fix the Eden issue, but not completely (as people still use it as a means to drop S/B chats in order to get BETTER deals that are unrealistic even with an upgraded zeny limit).

Thats why they should implement a essential pricing system. This would fix a lot of the problems like newer players couldn't afford any good gear without having to resort to selling WPE.

When everyone can gear up better the competition for PVP,WoE and MVP would certainly rise.

And there would be no ripping people off since the prices of items are official. But imo its way beyond too late now to make such changes to the game.

Basically the management and developing team of the game didn't have any sort of foresight to begin with thats why you get a messed up trading system.

Many other mmorpgs have some sort of solid trading system. 

Eden was suppose to be an area intended for newbies, but since it can be access almost anywhere people decided to abuse it.

You really can't blame them since they won't do anything to change the game.

#128 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:08 PM

Uh, CTRL+F11 isn't a thing anymore? Not a real solution but at least you can walk in there. ._.

#129 SynCelestial

SynCelestial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:18 PM

Bump...

As somebody previously stated...this is an important topic to many players, I don't want to let it die either. :p_sick:

Taking the zeny limit off venders would be convenient.

Despite the rights or wrongs of Eden chats, I can't think of a reason not to take the vending cap off or bump up the limit a digit. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

If there's a reason that this cannot be done, then yes, clearing Eden somehow would be wonderful.

This is a game...we shouldn't struggle to have fun or get frustrated over the quest hub, so 'thoughtfully' named Eden, filling the screen with people's advertisements.

#130 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:20 AM

Patiently waiting for 1b vend limit, but since iRO so popular with their own customized method, why don't start with 250m vend limit then slowly to the max of it based on players respond/suggestion.

Most of eden chatroom contain item of 100m-700m, only few of it worth above 1b, and buyers/sellers obviously hate to browse/update market forum looking for item, going back-forth via forum private msg or ingames, late in respond due to different time of playing/online.

Currently making alt+F11/shift+F11 as habit before login to iRO /pif

#131 Aknel

Aknel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:iro

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:48 AM

*Walks in to Eden ------------- blinks -------------- walks out* http://forums.warppo...IR#/ani_swt.gif

Did you just blink at me? >run until reaching splendide<

#132 Aknel

Aknel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:55 AM

I believe the habit of hidden chat and hidden shop can solve this unclickable annoying npc. But stillt, those who abuse 3x3 area around npc should be punish. It is a rule, make by human to another human to dicipline both, so they will follow and behave.

If we send a report ticket, did anything will change?

#133 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

i must agree they should be disciplined. i'm semi-new to Renewal and i've never hated pubs until i stepped in Eden >< even if i do hide the pubs via the said controls, its really annoying :/ takes time for me to get to the proper npc to turn in my quest progress. @_@ why can't people move to some place else instead? 

#134 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:33 AM

AUCTION HOUSE HEEBUS GEEBUS

#135 Aknel

Aknel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:02 AM

AUCTION HOUSE HEEBUS GEEBUS

Auction should come back and revised. The old auction system suck.

#136 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:21 AM

I was reading this chat without realizing how old this thread was. Sadly enough, it's still very much relevant.

#137 Woebringer

Woebringer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:21 AM

They should put all the chat and vends on 2nd floor only! All the npc`s should be moved on the first floor!

How 'bout no chatrooms/vends inside Eden HQ at all?

#138 Aknel

Aknel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

No chatrooms/vends inside Eden may solve one problem, raise another kinda 'annoying' problem. It's not an exact problem, but people already have that comfort of vending and open chatroom. Once, the 'government' took that privilege, 'citizen' will not sit tight at all. People are vending in Eden because it's like a bridge that connect all map in iro. It's easier but currently been abused by 'illegal' vend/chat next to npc. 

#139 Boneduster

Boneduster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCartagena, Chile, South America.
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

All private servers, if they do one or two things right, is to restrict merchant and buy/sell chats to very defined areas. This game has several cities that could fit that role, not only that, has gazillions empty maps or clonable ones to serve said role. Is just placing an NPC that warps for free people from the city to said areas and then back to the city they were in the first place. If 2 code programmers of amateur level can do this for servers with 1k people, i don`t see how iRO devs can`t do it for barely 3.5k people. 

This needs regulation, cities should be a place of social interaction, which is impossible on some parts thanks to the overcrowded. This is almost an urban and demographic distribution issue. 

#140 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

make a "merchant girl" npc that  warps people to "merchant paradise" or something , and pick a map thats wide enough and organizable for people to vend, like hmmmm... i'd say a kun-lun clone would be good for vending since the bridges could server as aisles in a mart? i dunno, the map can be revised.

but lets be honest, if you want your shop to be seen why dont we gather everyone on a "merchant" map, you can put up chats there too if you want.

if you want to vend strategically you can still vend pots outside a dungeon or something.

#141 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

This is iRo style.I like it but people should not block npc.I like to walk around eden /pront and check every single shop instead of using ragial.

#142 yuckani

yuckani

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

Nope

#143 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

The answer is, simply speaking, blocking chat windows in Eden 1st floor. People are going to make chat windows somewhere, the quickest and easiest answer here is to simply prevent Eden from being one of those options.

Nobody has even mentioned SHIFT+F11 and CONTROL+F11....

#144 WheatSword

WheatSword

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

That is like using a band aid for a bullet wound. You didn't get rid of the problem at all. Massive amount of people are still stuck in one tiny map even if you clear the chats.

Eden was suppose to be an area for beginners not self advertisement. Its just bad management plain and simple.

#145 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

I'm not even willing to entertain the idea of disabling chats/vends when the cause for them being necessary hasn't been addressed (max vend zeny limit).

#146 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

That is like using a band aid for a bullet wound. You didn't get rid of the problem at all. Massive amount of people are still stuck in one tiny map even if you clear the chats.

Eden was suppose to be an area for beginners not self advertisement. Its just bad management plain and simple.

Compromise to both sides is there but if you'd rather not use it that is of course your poragative.

#147 WheatSword

WheatSword

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

Its "prerogative" and hiding the chats is hardly helping. This is simply bad and unfriendly customer service for people who are actually paying to play.

This problem have existed for years and yet there is nothing done about it.

Compromise to both sides is there but if you'd rather not use it that is of course your poragative.

#148 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

58982533790279362814.gif

#149 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

Thank you for not wanting to make the game better for everyone, but ctrl+f11 is just a work around. A more permanent solution would be to implement above 9th vend. Tell me why do you not want this?

#150 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

Thank you for not wanting to make the game better for everyone, but ctrl+f11 is just a work around. A more permanent solution would be to implement above 9th vend. Tell me why do you not want this?

Whether we want it or not, it still has to get kRO's approval and we all know how that can be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users