4 replies to this topic

#1 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:41 AM

Not sure if this should be considered a balance issue or not but....

the board was changed so that people had a better shot at the high end sets the issue is that it's now very hard to get the advanced sets (which are often the preferred sets for people that just want to dress up their characters)

to make my point here is the table from the item mall point prediction:

5 point: 5 chances an advanced outfit piece / 4 chances for a special outfit piece / 1 chance for a deluxe outfit piece
9 point: 1 chance for an advanced outfit piece / 7 chances for a special outfit piece / 2 chances for a deluxe outfit piece
13 point: 1 chance for an advanced outfit piece / 5 chances for a special outfit piece / 4 chances for a deluxe outfit piece

the huge jump in special piece chances between 5 points and 9 points needs to be addressed

each normal big wheel item is worth 1 point
each advanced big wheel item is worth 5 points

meaning the only reliable way to get advanced mix board outfit parts is to use 5 normal big wheel parts (currently much easier to do but until recently much of the big wheel was advanced pieces) or if you're lucky 4 normal 1 advanced or 3 normal 2 advanced (for 1 chance at an advanced mix board outfit)

the part that I feel makes this valid for the balances section of the forum is that it seems to be having a negative effect on the player market driving the price way up on certain outfits (advanced mix board outfits being priced higher than the special/deluxe ones due to supply VS demand) so all that the change originally made to the mix board has done is reversed the problems

as for a solution if anyone has a better idea please post it so far I can only see two options both of which are probably unlikely to happen:

1. lower the number of chances for special parts as noted in the table above
2. rotate some of the advanced mix board outfits into whole outfit sales direct from the item mall

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

Absolutely glad someone brought this up. I was very happy when they made the change to the higher end ones so that we could get them easier, but soon discovered that getting any of the Advanced pieces was near impossible! And the few people that did have them for sale wanted ridiculous prices, rivaling the prices of the Special and Deluxe pieces prior to the change--around 2000-5000 gold!

In my honest opinion, and not to whine, this would not even be an issue if the whole BigWheel and MixBoard system was removed in favor of direct purchases of sets for pure looks, but I know that's not what this topic is about. You hit the nail on the head with the jump in points and I've often joked with friends that it would be a lot nicer that if you have an abundance of points you get the luxury of choosing what area of items you'd prefer. I remember trying to get Advanced pieces and having only about four Deluxe pieces, which meant I could not even attempt the board at all.

#3 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, I agree with the bit about Advanced sets being too hard to obtain now. The chances of getting normal pieces in the Big Wheel are incredibly slim some weeks, making Advanced sets cost way, way more IM to obtain than they should (considering they give inferior stat bonuses).

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'd be nice If we could mix deluxe pieces by themselves for a chance at other pieces.

Edited by StormHaven, 05 January 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#5 Clouse

Clouse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

i agree that the mixboard cost alot of IM because if you are trying to get 1 peice of a certain set the odds are too slim but i think the main problem is there is no way to remove the soul bound effect after wearing an item of the new IM sets. there was once a way to remove the soulbound with an item found in the item mall but it was removed. this item should be returned to the item mall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users