Decard your carded gear - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Decard your carded gear

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#26 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

I think most people dont care about gear being destroyed, since it'd pretty much be the ONLY way gear could possibly be destroyed.

It would be extremely unbalancing for example to be able to move a thanatos card around various equips on a whim. It would also utterly destroy the demand for some MVP cards, neutering them to the level of GR/DR value.

#27 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

When kRO implemented this, it was armors and headgears only. You could not de-card weapons or accessories etc. I don't know if that changed or not.

#28 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:29 AM

It was updated to decard everything.

#29 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

I think most people dont care about gear being destroyed, since it'd pretty much be the ONLY way gear could possibly be destroyed.

Agreed. Enriched and certs completely destroyed the economy already (OK, OK, I used him too, feel free to call me a hypocrite). We need some way to destroy gears to improve the economy and make people QQ once again.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 12 January 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#30 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

It was updated to decard everything.

Do you have the link for this? I was pretty sure the the card removal system was only updated once (last April on kRO Sakray) to also include 'upper' headgears and garments, in addition to decarding armor. As I had read 'upper' head gears only, it seemed they were being pretty specific as to what could and what could not be decarded.

#31 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

It would be extremely unbalancing for example to be able to move a thanatos card around various equips on a whim. It would also utterly destroy the demand for some MVP cards, neutering them to the level of GR/DR value.

Lmao pretty much. Heim insurance for your gear.

#32 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

This can be really usefull tho, I saw at the marketplace, someine is selling a dresshat of true sight(maya p.) For 1b zeny
If he can take off the card and get rid of the hat, he can sell the card for more than 1b
Worth a KP

Edited by frankSG07, 12 January 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#33 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Agreed. Enriched and certs completely destroyed the economy already (OK, OK, I used him too, feel free to call me a hypocrite). We need some way to destroy gears to improve the economy and make people QQ once again.

(You said it)

Hypocrite!!!

#34 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

it can fail until GMs decides to sell safe to decard certificates.

i can see that happening

#35 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Decarding is actually good, i want to decard my AK cards from a lunakaligo :bow:

Well the economy is pretty much -_-ed up anyways..

#36 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

^lets hope that you can do it on weapons too

#37 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:28 AM

Just picturing all the quad xxx weapons that became redundant with renewal and the massive influx of weapon cards those would produce. Looking at all the 3xlib +X maces and phree/drac/AK books in particular.

#38 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

This can be really usefull tho, I saw at the marketplace, someine is selling a dresshat of true sight(maya p.) For 1b zeny
If he can take off the card and get rid of the hat, he can sell the card for more than 1b
Worth a KP

When I saw that dress hat I cried. :bow:

#39 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

that is not unusual at all/ there were NO mid headgears available when valk started out for a long time. there are 100+ easy of maya p ulles/dress hats/bbcaps/scorpio diadem. it wasn't till socket elvens came out like a year later or more that there was anything mid related, and that was account bound. there are maya p's/orc heros/kiels/etc in top headgears on valk. when the gms say there will be NO chance of mid headgears coming out again or anything like that, there's no reason to hold onto such cards. but we all know better to trust them right? :bow:

with that said i have 4 maya p elvens on 4 accounts that would like to be decarded. i would even do it at a 50% success rate

Edited by Andini, 13 January 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#40 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

When I saw that dress hat I cried. :bow:

I was like why? Oh why? Lol
/pat

Edited by frankSG07, 13 January 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#41 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Why would someone put a Maya P on a dress hat is a questionable thing really. I mean, Upper Headgear? Really?

#42 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Thats why decard is thumbs up for that lol

#43 ayumi

ayumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:Valk

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Why would someone put a Maya P on a dress hat is a questionable thing really. I mean, Upper Headgear? Really?

Year 2009 do we have mid gear?

#44 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Decard is good to the point of bringing the cards into cycle again. Cards as of today are little as considered like a consumable item. Once used, you need to hunt for it again.
Some players quit, cards/items are stuck in the Storage. Making it hidden for current actives and such.

#45 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

Year 2009 do we have mid gear?

Bro, yes iRO also has Sunglasses[1] during that time. Limited to a number of people.

Though I used to play on pRO that time.On our server we used Box of Sunlights(for poor people) and our Maya Ps are inserted on Sunglasses[1] which we got from OBB,OPB before it was removed otherwise we let it stay on our storages hoping for someone to sell their SGs.

Edited by Chigikogou, 13 January 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#46 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

are you guys stupid? THERE WERE NO SUNGLASSES (1) WHEN VALK SERVER OPENED UP. and the first socket mid headgear being elvens didnt even come till a year or more after. anyone that is woe competitive/etc would slot that card into a top headgear

not only that, gms said they would NEVER reintroduce sunnies again let alone slotted mids. so putting it into a top headgear was extremely common as we had no expectation that there would be anything like slotted elvens or sunnies/mini glass/bfgs/etc in the future

Edited by Andini, 13 January 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#47 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

are you guys stupid? THERE WERE NO SUNGLASSES (1) WHEN VALK SERVER OPENED UP. and the first socket mid headgear being elvens didnt even come till a year or more after. anyone that is woe competitive/etc would slot that card into a top headgear

not only that, gms said they would NEVER reintroduce sunnies again let alone slotted mids. so putting it into a top headgear was extremely common as we had no expectation that there would be anything like slotted elvens or sunnies/mini glass/bfgs/etc in the future

*facepalm* Who would talk about slotted sunglasses being in the damn Valkyrie. IT WAS ON THE PREMIUM ONCE SINCE VALKYRIE WAS JUST NEW BACK THEN. Common Sense.

Edit: I was referring iRO in "General" not server specific. References should always be in the old one and not the new.

Edited by Chigikogou, 13 January 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#48 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

wow

#49 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit