Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites) - Page 11 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Hayroh's Paladin~Royal Guard [ft. Crit-EB & V. Point/S. Cannon] Builds/Guide - iRO (jRO New Sprites)

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#251 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Raydrics are easy to kill w/noctrls, so probably I'd go w/AGI Spear Quicken, Pinpoint Attack snap first and noctrl to death, jump to next target, this will surely save you SP consumables since you'll have enough short time to recover SP for your next Pinpoint+snap hunting.

Edit: Would be greatly appreciated if you don't double post [the other from my RK thread] coz you can ask anything related to RG/RKs in 1 post [either threads] I will try my best to entertain further questions/comments. /thx

Oh ok sorry, I did it with good intentions. I didn't wanted to ask about a different class from the guide.

The Raydrics situation was just an example, I was talking about farm different monsters and different items in general.

Thank you for the attention.

Edited by Siliency, 22 July 2014 - 04:54 PM.

#252 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

Hey guys, I heard about an update with shield spell that allows you to use a ranger skill. I was looking for more info about it.

Can someone elaborate further?

#253 TragicSlip

TragicSlip

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

Hello, Hayrohs.

I'd like to thank you for your effort for writing this guide, it's pretty amazing!

The thing is: I wanna know if you'd change something regarding your equips?

I've got about 1,3b as a budget for my RG, and I was wondering what would be the best in slot/priorities regarding to items. Rolling battle RG (:

Thanks a bunch!

#254 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:01 AM

Sry for the late replies since I havent been lurking here in forums except woe days to post my vids.

If your looking for BiS gears for battle types [which only works only in PVP coz sadly they are not viable builds for WOE]:

+12 CEB + Mids [1] w/Kathryn+Maya
Hanky in Mouth
+9 WOE GR/Marc Plate/Suit, Devilring/Raydric WOE Mant, +9 Firelock Shoes
+12 GTB/Thara Immune Shield/Cross Shields for Shield Spell buffing
+12 over KVM 1-H Spear or Bellum Spears
Perfect ATK/FS chanted RWC 2012 Rings or Megs

^ these are BiS so it also means they are high-tier gears/expensive but I am sure you can start on +9 WOE set first, +9 weapons, non-MVP cards and farm KVM/BG badges for Medal of Honor+Glorious as alternatives. I'll be frank that you will be off-gamble spending for upgrading to +12s and Kafra shop. But I am sure sooner or later you will get your hands on these.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 25 December 2014 - 01:16 AM.

#255 asthar

asthar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

hello i want to know, if i cast exceed break, and i have lord seyren card, and if i use frenzy, with pre casted exceed break , the damage will be triple? since frenzy adds 200% to normal dmg, thanks

#256 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

hello i want to know, if i cast exceed break, and i have lord seyren card, and if i use frenzy, with pre casted exceed break , the damage will be triple? since frenzy adds 200% to normal dmg, thanks

They do, but never waste it for RG [since after that poke, you can't use items or skills]. Should be better for other classes like Ranger.

*Added King's Grace info & FS WOE update in OP.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 25 December 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#257 moonerism

moonerism

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

Hello HayrohsLegacy. I'm new to this class and was wondering about the build (I'm also new on my server, so I don't have any solid items). Following your recommendations I chose this build http://irowiki.org/~...GCbnrfqAbdkAak1 (you can tell that I'm trying to be all-around RG) but since today stat's website is changed so everything is broken. Could you please give me recommendations (considering that my server has 175 lvls) what stat-build should I pick (or maybe even change something in the skillbuild). Thank you in advance.

#258 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:58 PM

Seems you are building a Sac+Spear-based Inspi semi-battle RG: (You will need to max you Spear Quicken if you plan on using max dmg for your Overbrand)

STR 90~100
AGI 80~90 [if you are aiming for ASPD, its easy now w/gears+costumes+items so this should be enough]
VIT 95~100 or  base 120
INT 1
DEX 80~90 or 120 base build [for DEX Temporal Boots users/fast-cast build)
LUK 70~100+

*@ Lv 175, I'd recommend you dont max out any stat to 130, no reason to actually do that so I'd recommend you put it to other stats like LUK [ATK+Howl status resists]

#259 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

Hello. ^^

I just wanna ask, would you suggest maxing out the Gloria Domini skill or leaving it at level 1 would be enough? Gloria Domini doesn't seem to be a good skill for PvM-ing, and I'll only use that skill for Lex Aeterna through the Glorius Holy Avenger weapon, so I'm thinking of leaving it at level 1 to save skill points. I don't know if Gloria Domini has a cast reduction or other special effect (aside from its SP draining effect in PvP) if maxed to level 5, 'cause if it has, then I guess I have to reconsider putting more skill points to it.

By the way, I'm making a battle RG (Inspiration + Vanishing Point/Ray of Genesis).

Thanks in advance. :thx:

#260 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:43 AM

Can I leave Cavalier Mastery at 0 and just get peco ride? I am a Sacri-Battle Royal Guard

#261 DISPELLofVALK

DISPELLofVALK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

Q??    any Battle Type  or killer Type  Royal Guard here???

any update about  King grace skill ???

newbie From PRO Server. Preparing for lvl 175... 

NEWBIE HERE..
IGN:  [WG] D i s p e l l    /   D i s p e l l
Job : Royal Guard  /  Rune Knight  / sorce
Level : only 150..

Permision to Post...
Tribute to my Royal Guard :

Tribute to my RK :

c6226377-8861-45ed-9ad8-cd764fe82aa6_zps

Edited by DISPELLofVALK, 15 February 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#262 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

Q??    any Battle Type  or killer Type  Royal Guard here???

any update about  King grace skill ???

*Battles are mostly in PVM/PVP (because of no dmg reduction unlike in WOE physics) because of new gears updates/reductions and most of the RGs you will see here in iRO are FS builds [ppl rely on Sacrifice both sides of the game].

*Kings Grace:

Spoiler

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 05 March 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#263 blackjack2014

blackjack2014

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

Hi Hayrohs,

This is the first time since 2012 that I'm going to play RG. Back then, Exceed Break bug is really doing a massive damage with crit.

Is it fixed already? Is there a point on getting EB skill for PVP?

#264 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:54 AM

FIxed, and yes, if you want to One Shot kill some Players or doing a Combo.

#265 blackjack2014

blackjack2014

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

RaohSung

When you say it is fixed, does it mean it deals lesser damage now? How can you do 1 hit if it was fixed.

#266 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:50 AM

You cant cast EB with a heavy Weapon like a Doom Slayer or a Mjolnir then switch to a Glorious Spear/Lance or another Weapon. Any "Equipment Switch" will cancel Exceed Break.

How can you 1 Shot anything? 

High Upgraded:

http://divine-pride....2/bellum-glaive

http://divine-pride....llum-guillotine

or a Enchanted Hunting Spear with an Aunoe/Inca. Samu or Thana Card.

Get Buff Foods and Buffs from an Second account or a Friend (AB/Sorc, what ever...) + the right Endow, Shield Spell, maybe Inspi., if you have skilled it. EB is still strong, getting this close to your enemy and get the HIT is the secret. Stack CRIT/CRIT% Gear if you are Happy with your Reductions, and ATK. Be careful, EB can still be interupted and do have a long cast time, if you do not have any Cast Reductions or are low on DEX/INT + you cant switch to a Orlean/Phen and then re-switch your Equipment.

Have fun experiment with your Royal Guard. Look forward to Chakri´s new Guide he will write in near Future. It will help you a lot.

#267 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:13 PM

Hi Hayrohs,

This is the first time since 2012 that I'm going to play RG. Back then, Exceed Break bug is really doing a massive damage with crit.

Is it fixed already? Is there a point on getting EB skill for PVP?

As someone said here, yes it was fixed [not dmg] but only weapon switch bug.

Getting EB for PVP, yes > because it has no reduction physics unlike in WOE, additionally, since kRO WOE sets came [which has alot of demi reductions+woe reductions physics]>I'm not recommending it. Good Shadow Chasers > 1 Manhole and Sorc Dispell/Vacuum/Crystallize are good enough to shut you down before you could even EB. Lastly, you need expensive/super high tier gears/lots of buffs [Inspiration at cost of % EXP] just to have a 70~90% to 1-hit KO w/EB.

One aspect of the game which EB still viable is in 7v7 RWC setup matches, because of the limitations of levels and gears there:

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 17 March 2015 - 09:37 PM.

#268 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

Hello Everyone,

So, with regard to the Divine Guard Hat for Royal Guards; do the same suggested cards still apply?

I plan on using Genesis Ray when I get it which is a main reason for it.

Due to the rareness of the hat I am trying use it as a general purpose hat. Adding race/elemental could mean it might sit in my storage. I can always use another hat or a middle headgear for the elemental part of 

Therefore, I have been looking at +ATK%, +MATK%, +STR or +INT cards. The INT is for some of the Pally/Royal Guard skills since INT does affect those.

What are everyone's thoughts?

-Sladeero

#269 AMNBrasil

AMNBrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:13 AM

Hi, I newbie with this class, I wonder what stats, skills and gears are priority for RG full WOE.

#270 ZeAlpaca

ZeAlpaca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Server:Yo Momma Booty

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:14 AM

Hi, I newbie with this class, I wonder what stats, skills and gears are priority for RG full WOE.

Do you even read at the front page or at least study irowiki.org???

#271 AMNBrasil

AMNBrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

Do you even read at the front page or at least study irowiki.org???

Yeah, but in irowiki do not have builds for a RG WOE...

#272 zhoujianyin

zhoujianyin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

Hi Hayrohs,

Im just start ro build my RG...as your post before, i choose overband for leveling and Banishing Point for MVP later...can you guide me what stats i need to up first and what should i add at later?? If can, please give me skill tree that more efective start frim swordman paladin and RG.
And also for the Gear..at the previous page say that brocca is cheap..i see in ragial itsexpensive...around 50m..btw im at server chaos.. any suggest set for pvm leveling?

Thanks before

#273 SUperVanilla

SUperVanilla

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

Hi.. im a level 87 agi crusader now... full job level currently grinding at sidewinder using eden equipment...

1)please suggest the fastest way of leveling using only eden equipment.

2)another way or build or equipment suggestion for faster leveling 

3)suggest most suitable place for leveling and will do the same for paladin and RG

#274 Midreian

Midreian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:16 AM

Got a question about Enchantments for VP/OB, should I work on getting EA or something else? I see a lot of people selling EA8+ Imperial Spears wondering exactly how much dmg EA enchant adds, because the iRO Wiki Stat Simulator doesn't seem to account for it in DMG calculations when you add it in for OB and VP.

#275 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

@ Super Vanilla: Search the Forums. there are like 1000 Topics about Leveling up to 3rd class and past it, most of them even started this year.
Follow the Agi Route. Pair it with Holy Cross, this skill is really strong and good for Agi Crusis and Palas. 

http://www.healplz.com/exp/

^^ may help too.

---------------------

@Midreian: Will you MVP with your Guard? High ASPD Build? Go with EA Enchants for stronger VP. 2x EA 4 = 16% Ranged Damage is added to your eATK and wATk like Crit% do so it adds more then pure +ATK mods would do.
2 Kiels and you like OB? Full ATK Gears. You will laugh about Dispells, aint needing to rebuff you like a minute or so. But would switch my Spear then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users