They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Remove or nerf a lot prot or rad's party defense buffs

OR

give good party resistance buffs like 40% or so.

#2 Ixiodor

Ixiodor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

Nerf protector??? Are you kidding me? You get owned by a protector??? CHANGE GAME BRO!

#3 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Nerf protector??? Are you kidding me? You get owned by a protector??? CHANGE GAME BRO!

wat

#4 Luxiemg

Luxiemg

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

Removing the party buff would not be the best solution, maybe if the change the defense formula or decrease the effect or the buff, but to be fair that is not going to happen.

#5 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

Well I don't see why radiants need such a skill. Atm protectors are really needed apart from et raids I guess because anyone else with high hp and who can hold agro can tank with radiant's defence buff only. If radiants didn't have such skill some of those people would struggle to tank and it would be make prots more needed. And in pvp capped prot + rad buff team and everyone is on at least 2k def and most capped...After recent dmg nerf I do like 1.2k crits or thereabouts on cap def people (i have pretty mall hoed items) and classes such as saker with their debuff can do 3k crits on people still from 30m + aoe + aoe cc skill + heal + hp buff...And I go scratch some 15k hp caster with my 1.2k crits and after 10 seconds I got his hp to half and some rad comes and heals him fully in 2 seconds.

Just to make my point clear again, I am not crying about my low damage. If person is a class with self def buffs or worked hard to increase their def by sacrificing other stats it's cool. But if some person invested in huge dmg, crit and hp and has terrible defence he should deserve to get hit a lot by physical classes but prot and rad defence buffs make it not so.

To summarize, give some class such as protector decent party resistance buff OR remove rad's def buff OR nerf both prot and rad's buffs a lot. It won't impact really on pve since protectors can gain WAY over 3k def without that buff.

And please don't cry here if you didn't work on your def at all and get hit a lot from physical classes, casters are not supposed to have capped def...

#6 Hugh

Hugh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

Well I don't see why radiants need such a skill. Atm protectors are really needed apart from et raids I guess because anyone else with high hp and who can hold agro can tank with radiant's defence buff only. If radiants didn't have such skill some of those people would struggle to tank and it would be make prots more needed. And in pvp capped prot + rad buff team and everyone is on at least 2k def and most capped...After recent dmg nerf I do like 1.2k crits or thereabouts on cap def people (i have pretty mall hoed items) and classes such as saker with their debuff can do 3k crits on people still from 30m + aoe + aoe cc skill + heal + hp buff...And I go scratch some 15k hp caster with my 1.2k crits and after 10 seconds I got his hp to half and some rad comes and heals him fully in 2 seconds.

Just to make my point clear again, I am not crying about my low damage. If person is a class with self def buffs or worked hard to increase their def by sacrificing other stats it's cool. But if some person invested in huge dmg, crit and hp and has terrible defence he should deserve to get hit a lot by physical classes but prot and rad defence buffs make it not so.

To summarize, give some class such as protector decent party resistance buff OR remove rad's def buff OR nerf both prot and rad's buffs a lot. It won't impact really on pve since protectors can gain WAY over 3k def without that buff.

And please don't cry here if you didn't work on your def at all and get hit a lot from physical classes, casters are not supposed to have capped def...

You mean aren't?

And I think you should cry about your damage becuase cad has been nerfed way too much, should be nerfed only by 40% like scad. But if cad has been nerfed so much more to make 85 sets viable even for AA builds then it should be hard to get good defense (by nerfing party buffs) so cad sets are still good.

#7 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

You mean aren't?

And I think you should cry about your damage becuase cad has been nerfed way too much, should be nerfed only by 40% like scad. But if cad has been nerfed so much more to make 85 sets viable even for AA builds then it should be hard to get good defense (by nerfing party buffs) so cad sets are still good.

Either way it's pretty tough and I have to resort to using pb to get most of my kills which is kind of gay. I can pretty much charge pb, join foc get 10, 15, 20 or more kills and max contri in like 4 minutes and afk for rest of the game because most of the time in remaining 15 minutes I won't even get as many kills as I did within few minutes in pb and mostly just die.

#8 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Why are you QQing? Joking it a suggestion forum so one should expect this.

As to nerfing rads...

The only thing that keeps usalive in PvE is Defense (or PvP). Try leveling as radiant sometime to get a good idea of how hard we have it.

The most targeted toon in PvP are rads. Without our buff we are as good as dead, we have low HP, low dmg unless mall whored, and out best weapon is hush and sleep and used a lot of the time for crowd control, giving time for either help to arrive or getting your ass out. And even before CAD/SCAD nerf if a rad comes to aid your attacks are pretty much useless on a 15K toon unless you stun, fear, silence, hush or dispose of the radiant first.

If they nerf rad then nerf sin SCUD and stuns and while at it nerf Zerker, Commie and WL damage (and maybe Mystic def Totems some more). Finally it makes little sense to agree with nerf CAD/SCUD to decrease dmg rate only then to ask for nerf defense. What next? When people start bitching about SCAD/CAD again because of low defence or sins, we ask for another dmg nerf?

Every class has weaknesses. And on an end note, its not PvP in FOC its team verses team, so work with your team mates and do not AFK as there's nothing worse than maxing contri and leaving your team high and dry. Imagine if a rad did that?

(BTW if anyone, other than prot, gets solo killed by a prot he should quit PvP. )

Added NB: I can't imagine +30 zerker or WL doing less dmg on a capped def toon than any +30 caster doing dmg on a capped resis toon.

Edited by Chardane, 14 January 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#9 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Why are you QQing? Joking it a suggestion forum so one should expect this.

As to nerfing rads...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

The only thing that keeps usalive in PvE is Defense (or PvP). Try leveling as radiant sometime to get a good idea of how hard we have it.

The most targeted toon in PvP are rads. Without our buff we are as good as dead, we have low HP, low dmg unless mall whored, and out best weapon is hush and sleep and used a lot of the time for crowd control, giving time for either help to arrive or getting your ass out. And even before CAD/SCAD nerf if a rad comes to aid your attacks are pretty much useless on a 15K toon unless you stun, fear, silence, hush or dispose of the radiant first.

If they nerf rad then nerf sin SCUD and stuns and while at it nerf Zerker, Commie and WL damage (and maybe Mystic def Totems some more). Finally it makes little sense to agree with nerf CAD/SCUD to decrease dmg rate only then to ask for nerf defense. What next? When people start bitching about SCAD/CAD again because of low defence or sins, we ask for another dmg nerf?

Every class has weaknesses. And on an end note, its not PvP in FOC its team verses team, so work with your team mates and do not AFK as there's nothing worse than maxing contri and leaving your team high and dry. Imagine if a rad did that?

(BTW if anyone, other than prot, gets solo killed by a prot he should quit PvP. )

Added NB: I can't imagine +30 zerker or WL doing less dmg on a capped def toon than any +30 caster doing dmg on a capped resis toon.

Now listen to be nooblet. You have absolutely no idea about pvp in this game. Therefore, stfu and gtfo from this thread with your clueless posts...

Now let's brake down your pathetic post.

When lvling as radiant most of the time you will be in a party, therefore, won't be taking any damage, hence there is no need for such high defence. Why in the hell radiant would need capped defence when they are not even supposed to get hit in pve. Decrease or removal of defence party buff will not affect pve at all.

It's true that radiants are targeted but it's for a reason, cos they make a team fukcing super op. 15k hp is not much when person has low defence, that's like 3 crits and can easily be killed even with a rad behind him unless ofc has capped defence because of radiant's and prot's defence buffs...which gets down to the idea of this suggestion.

Yes scud should be reduced to 5 seconds long time ago but that is a separate thing. Why in the hell would you want to nerf commie/wl/serk dmg even more? Hitting barely over 1k crits on capped def (pretty much everyone gets that with those 2 defence buffs) is a lot? What can they do in 1-3 seconds of their stun to 15k hp caster with capped defence? Scratch him for max 3-5k hp in 3 seconds and die?

No one was asking for damage nerf apart from some nooblet QQing commie from valdes who wanted to be immortal...

Have you even done 1 foc match? What can a team of 5 melees do vs a team with aoe casters and rad...nothing. Charge in, do pathetic dmg and die.

And your last point. +30 caster and +30 physical class will do similar damage to capped defense/resist people but that is not the point. The point is the difference how easy/free they are gained. It's impossible to cap all resistances as 2h physical user yet it's free and easy to get max defence by just getting buffed by prot and rad...how is that fair? Where is a resistance buff? Prot's buff gives like 1k defence which is equal to about 30% resistance buff.

So now, if you want to stfu and go lvl up because you can't even cap after playing this game for like a year. And don't talk about something you have no clue about, better go do some raid or make up some useless bs suggestions no one needs.

Don't even :blah: quote me nooblet.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Lol, i didnt had any intention to post but since you started to insult others, well... Is fun you call the other poster a noob and then said a noob thing like: "When lvling as radiant most of the time you will be in a party, therefore, won't be taking any damage, hence there is no need for such high defence" Yes, tell me another story, that doesnt happen, not even for radiants of the big guilds, that you should see them killing one by one, crying for help.

Now, back to the topic: have another resistance buff, that is a good idea, nerf the defense buffs, not so much. If the change hurt you so much, then ask to change the formula again, tbh i think that is horrible that the cad formula include the char lvl and the scad one doesnt, that tend to make difference that shouldnt be desired.

Edited by Nadesh, 14 January 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#11 Hugh

Hugh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Lol, i didnt had any intention to post but since you started to insult others, well... Is fun you call the other poster a noob and then said a noob thing like: "When lvling as radiant most of the time you will be in a party, therefore, won't be taking any damage, hence there is no need for such high defence" Yes, tell me another story, that doesnt happen, not even for radiants of the big guilds, that you should see them killing one by one, crying for help.

"And don't talk about something you have no clue about" That apply for you too. So, before call others noobs, try to dont be a noob yourself.

Now, back to the topic: have another resistance buff, that is a good idea, nerf the defense buffs, not so much. If the change hurt you so much, then ask to change the formula again, tbh i think that is horrible that the cad formula include the char lvl and the scad one doesnt, that tend to make difference that shouldnt be desired.

I don't see how nerfing defense is going to affect pve that much, a rad solo questing isn't going to be any tougher than an elem solo questing ,which is annoying and harder than most, but a defense nerf or not a rad will solo quest kiting mobs just fine.

Elem have a weak resist buff but I really don't think a better resist buff is what the game needs, the game should have defense buffs similar to that resist buff and not almost capping someones defense with a single buff. The problem with the cad formula isn't that lvl is included, that doesn't actually change much, it just needs to be tweaked so it gives 40% reduction instead of 75% or so reduction.

Edited by Hugh, 14 January 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#12 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Posted Image

ROLF And I was being polite. I guess there's no point with people like you. I decided not to quote shat, which is the majority your posts are.

Wow a radiant needs a pt to level, and FOC is only mano a mano? Get a clue. Easier to find team mates in FOC to help you out than in PvE in a semi-dead game.

Posted Image
Reason game gets nerfed so much is people like yourself with selfish suggestions and not look at the big picture within both PvP and PvE. If they can't kill a certain class (or toon) solo they want a nerf.

Its not easy to cap defense if you don't have a rad or tank in your team -_- but its damn easy to cap resis. Are you 85 and you don't have capped resis or at least close to it, better get that wallet out. Even I got close to capped resis (~79%) when I was playing FOC 65 on my rad, without a single mall pt :blah:. 85 might need to spend a little more or drop some of dmg jewellery for rersis ones, or get a resis buff from an ele Posted Image

I didn't hit 85? News to me, and I thought I got my tank, commie, temp and rad on my prem account to 85. :P Don't care to manually level more now as its too boring.

And I've had several of my "useless" suggestions implemented within months of asking. :P

Posted Image Not going to read your replies as it would be a waste of time.

Edited by Chardane, 14 January 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#13 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Clueless.

Love how you make hundreds of useless suggestions who no one needs but troll on other people's suggestions.

I have +30 resistance orn and +30 ball and it would take your tempest or any other of your chars well over 1 minute to kill me while spamming attacks but that's not the point of this thread which is about opdness of defence buffs.

Using resistance jewels lol, so I can crit below 1k? Or maybe I should use tb weapon? niqqa pls

Resist buff from ele...most eles quit or job changed and it gives like -_-ty single target 5% resist or something which is equivalent of like 200 def, you see how op defence buffs are now?

You think any of your suggestions have been implemented? Only suggestions made by korean players are implemented by korean devs and we just get badly translated patch notes about it.

Edited by Famous, 14 January 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#14 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Posted Image

#15 Mortuus

Mortuus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1911 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:None

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Remove radiants divine protection.

/thread

#16 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

The way I see it, before the big nerf, any good Zerker could wipe the floor with any Caster. Caster couldnt put a dent in max resist high HP melee unless +30's. Now all casters can't put a dent in max Resist high HP Melee, but also takes melee longer to kill a Caster. It is a big change, but seeing how many more people are playing BFG, I believe most find it a possitive one.

The normal player likes not being 2 shotted by heavy C$ user. The downside, as you said, is people resorting to PB to get kills. Not naming names, but we all know that Mystic from Ham who keeps rejoining SVS to keep using PB :blah:

US Gravity has no say in the development of this game at all. We can bitcch all we want, but the fact remains, we are slaves to Korea...

#17 vukovic

vukovic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1431 posts
  • LocationAion EU
  • Server:Nexsus

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Waffle ment to nerf the amount of defense gained by prot/radi/druid buff on other ppl buffed not the caster itself, maybe to a percentage from their total def or something, since physical damage is greatly reduced by the defense and cad is pretty much useless now.

#18 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

The way I see it, before the big nerf, any +30 Zerker could wipe the floor with any Caster. Caster couldnt put a dent in max resist high HP melee unless +30's. Now all casters can't put a dent in max Resist high HP Melee, but also takes melee longer to kill a Caster. It is a big change, but seeing how many more people are playing BFG, I believe most find it a possitive one.

No, before anyone +30 caster or melee wipe the floor with non +30 people.

Before noob caster could still do decent dmg vs melee by hiding behind his team but noob melee could only die because can't hide behind all people.

Now +30 melee can't do much if person has cap/high def (prot and rad def buffs) and +30 casters can still do well against anyone by hiding in their team and place aoes from behind walls.

Now +0 people can't scratch anyone whether caster or melee.

So remove some defence buffs from pvp so +30 melee can still do well like casters and all is good.

And when you did pvp? hope you dont mean tb strongest

Remove radiants divine protection.

/thread

niqqa you mad? how will rads survive such nerf? they need cap def to tank raids and aoe grind parties /sarcasm

Waffle ment to nerf the amount of defense gained by prot/radi/druid buff on other ppl buffed not the caster itself, maybe to a percentage from their total def or something, since physical damage is greatly reduced by the defense and cad is pretty much useless now.

duh i didn't think it was so hard to understand, like half the amount of def or stl or delete rad's buff not like they need it. and prots don't need it really too but i don't want to delete it from them because they are supposed to have million defence unlike rads, that's what they do

and at least druid buff is single target and not like druids gonna go spend all foc buffing everyone

Edited by Famous, 14 January 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#19 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

My lil' twinkie rad (69) reach close to 5k defense with only prot/rad def buffs without svs costume and without any def xeons enchanted.

Nothing wrong with that, nope.
Where's my +50% all resist party buff to balance it?

Edited by Loyalty1, 14 January 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#20 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

TB Strongest melee don't have a chance, either before or after nerf... Although in SVS it did put a smile on my face seeing Edge crit hit me for bearly 900... Not sure what to tell ya. Yes the party Defence buffs are OP, providing that a Tank or Rad is on your team. Will they change the SCAD/CAD nerf? Prob not.
My only comment was, seems more people are enjoying BFG now then in ages.... Wonder why is that?

#21 primus

primus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:valdez

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

TB Strongest melee don't have a chance, either before or after nerf... Although in SVS it did put a smile on my face seeing Edge crit hit me for bearly 900... Not sure what to tell ya. Yes the party Defence buffs are OP, providing that a Tank or Rad is on your team. Will they change the SCAD/CAD nerf? Prob not.
My only comment was, seems more people are enjoying BFG now then in ages.... Wonder why is that?

Did you see that , he ask you when you PVP crafty ..lol the famous = failed tempest kickbutt .....

this same guy yelling in raid for healers to cast def caused he died so much ......

he was chased off valdes for being a krimmykracken clone ! I rather have 10 wohu's then one famous/kickbutt failure .....

#22 primus

primus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:valdez

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

My lil' twinkie rad (69) reach close to 5k defense with only prot/rad def buffs without svs costume and without any def xeons enchanted.

Nothing wrong with that, nope.
Where's my +50% all resist party buff to balance it?

Loyality , I am sorry that some cast out from valdes ended up on your server , find it in your heart to forgive us for having famous/kickbutt failure over there .

PS if he ever raids with you let him die ......

Edited by primus, 14 January 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#23 nippleripper

nippleripper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:48 AM

Nope. Before patch they had similar dmg mb. Now casters do more dmg on capped resis than melees do on capped def. Maybe if you had a +30 melee you will know what I'm talkin about.

To conclude, melees even if +30 won't kill :blah: if theres a prot and rad on other party.

#24 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

:blah:

#25 MasterXtrem

MasterXtrem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2604 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:14 AM

People in the words of mighty sakana idk why u complain cad/scad was clearly a "bug" that needed fix after 3 years .. this is ultimate balance stfu and play ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users