Odd things with new update you want tested - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Odd things with new update you want tested

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

We have seen a number of posts and discussions about "is this item/skill/thing" working as it should?

We will be setting up our internal testing server to test difficult to see things in the next day or so, and if you have something please post it.

The rules to get included are as follows.

1. Read the rest of the thread, please don't duplicate other request or do +1s.

2. Please don't comment on how it should change.

3. DO post the item name, who can use it, where it is gotten and why you are unclear about what it does.

If we can test it we will edit your post with the answer after we conclude it. Ideally everything does what it says, sometimes it doesn't and I hope we can fix that.

#2 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

Increase Agi Scroll (KP item) When used in prontera did not display effect. Nor am I walking faster. I went from 19 scrolls to 3 trying to get it to work without realizing I was using them.
Edit// Does not work in eden either.. That makes 18 scrolls wasted. ):
What server, and where did they come from? It may be "old ones" that we need to cycle.

Icons for items such as Elemental Converters and Enriched Celermine Juice. I am unsure where these can be gotten, I believe they are made and all classes can use these.
Converters, ask a local sage to craft some for you!
Celermine, ask a Geneticist they brew them.
We don't have icons for them yet.

Bleeding at orc villiage. I am aware you said it is being fixed, I just thought I would mention it while its still on my mind.
The bleeding happens more rarely, and only when they are weaker, so it should only happen if you don't keep up the attack.

Edited by Heimdallr, 28 March 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:10 AM

Judgement set, arch bishop, mora, unsure as to whether or not it is actually working on adoramus damage.

#4 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

Judgement set works

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

[Skill: Deep Sleep Lullaby]

kRO gave the data for the skill:

Deep Sleep Lullaby

Fixed Cast Time: 1 second
Variable Cast Time: 2 seconds
Skill re-use Delay: 10 seconds
Global Skill Delay: 1 second
Self-target skill
AoE: Level 1: 11x11
Level 2: 13x13
Level 3: 15x15
Level 4: 17x17
Level 5: 19x19
Duration: (10 + 2 * Skill Level) - {(Targetâ??s Base Level / 20) + (Targetâ??s Base INT / 20)}] seconds.
Minimum of 5 second duration.

Success Chance: [(Skill Level x 4) + (Voice Lessons Skill Level x 2) + (Casterâ??s Base Level / 15) + (Casterâ??s Job Level / 5)] %

Something is VERY wrong with the duration, as it is not working as the formula says. There is a lot of tests in all performer threads, which shows exactly as the duration formula for the skill is not right.

@omg.

Where are the feedback threads? [I mean, the ones that we tested the results of the stuff]

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

If it doesn't have to do with testing, please keep it out of the thread. kthx.

#7 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Waterball level 10, copied from Drake, etc. Does it actually use level 10 waterball when cast by a player or does it simply use level 5. Also, why does it force me to be directly next to the target before the skill will cast?

Since Braska asked for something similar....

Fury. Any chance we could get an icon and buff timer?

Edited by Ramen, 18 January 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#8 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

http://forums.warppo...t-save-settings

This is a pretty annoying bug with the newest client.

<Oda: We've sent a report to kRO for a fix on this and seeing if it's something we can fix from our side. The client is trying to save data to a spot that doesn't exist. >
Fixed

#9 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

I posted this in the balance patch sub-forum, but gonna re-post it here.

Apparently MVP's are able to stack both pneuma and SW (Safety Wall) at the same cell (regardless who does the SW/pneuma). As you may know that this isn't supposed to be possible (pneuma prevents SW from being casted, and SW prevents pneuma from being casted), but when you do it to mvp (for example, pneuma-ing a mvp to stop it from SWing itself all the time), they can still SW right under it.
They are powerful, let em have their fun before gfisting them.

Fix this if possible, thanks.

#10 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

- Equipment window not saving its status since balancing patch. Bug details found within the following thread:
http://forums.warppo...ion-and-status/

- Consuming item Fruit Basket (dropped by Pom Spider) gives nothing while the description addresses getting a random fruit. Intended?

http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/12573/

Edited by Beata, 18 January 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#11 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

Expiatio. 1)Could you possibly give it an icon(heck, even an empty one like masquerades before patch just so i know the buff is there)? 2) Tried testing damage with it and doesn't really seem to be working :/

Edited by Braska, 18 January 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#12 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

Not sure whether this belongs here or not, but confirmation that party names being shortened from 23 characters to 16 characters is intentional and the client will be updated with the correct error messages to reflect this

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Ranges on some levels of some skills are very short, when they shouldn't be:

Grimtooth (low levels have near zero range)
Shield Boomerang (low levels have near-zero range)
Waterball lvl 10 (copied via intimidate-near zero range)

Should test the range of other ranged skills at levels other than max level, to ensure that they don't have the same issues.

When you enchant Mora Set gear for Ranger/GX/RK, you get a choice between two enchants, and better enchants in any case, if the item is +9'ed prior to upgrading.

I have confirmed that +9 Ur's Mant and +9 Ur's Plate give improved enchants.
However, I can barely tell the difference between the enchants i'm getting with +9 vs +0 Ur's Greaves. Is this working correctly, or is something missing from the pool of enchants? We get two options: Improve Ability (which as I understand should be giving more +SP effects), and Strength ("Strength" in the case of all the RK +9 mora enchants means "Vit/Def/HP"). I've gotten +hp and +sp from both options, as well as random +stats - I'm not sure the pool of enchants they're pulling from is any different from what you get for +0.

- Consuming item Fruit Basket (dropped by Pom Spider) gives nothing while the description addresses getting a random fruit. Intended?

It's an HP regen item, doesn't give you items. Scroll down further in the desc, it says it restores HP.

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 January 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#14 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Rune Knight crush strike (rhydo rune) doesn't show damage. Also, it doesn't look like a skill or anything at all. Could there be a small animation or icon or anything? I was testing it at bio2 and it basically looks like "poke", "monster dies from a pathetic looking poke". I didn't think it was that bad when people mentioned it on the forums but it really is that bad when I actually tested it. XD

#15 blitzrick

blitzrick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Expiatio. 1)Could you possibly give it an icon(heck, even an empty one like masquerades before patch just so i know the buff is there)? 2) Tried testing damage with it and doesn't really seem to be working :/

This skill works fine, stack with other def bypass parameter too. I throughly tested it on Ymir after balance patch. And that's true we really need an icon for this buff.

We got card update recently so why not test those? http://www.playragna...aspx?id=196&p=1
First test this out, Zakudam Increases magic damage on DemiHuman type monsters by 10%. Compounds in Weapon.

#16 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Thanks Blitz!

#17 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

This skill works fine, stack with other def bypass parameter too. I throughly tested it on Ymir after balance patch. And that's true we really need an icon for this buff.

We got card update recently so why not test those? http://www.playragna...aspx?id=196&p=1
First test this out, Zakudam Increases magic damage on DemiHuman type monsters by 10%. Compounds in Weapon.

omg! I hope they check as soon as possible... Centipede Larva card is with the description of Atroce card in the page.

And [the illustration of] Dark Pinguicula card is not there. The Pinguicula card illustration is the place instead.

#18 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

Wasnt there just a different thread like this I just posted on last week.

Still getting random dc going through instanced portals when having the halter lead active or on me.

#19 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Isn't this normally what the test servers are for?

#20 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:00 AM

Guillotine Cross dual wielding 2x KVM glorious flamberg. [Slaughter] is disabled?

Edited by Furinkazan, 19 January 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#21 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Towns of Splendide and Manuk. Since 14.1, both zones were teleport-blocked. No kinds of teleport can be used, except butterfly wings.

Before the patch, anyone could wing there anywhere. Someone said it was because of the warlock quest, but prior to 14.1, teleport was possible in both towns.

#22 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Just a cosmetic issue, so very low priority, but the effect of the Adventurer Trusty Towel (accessory that enables summer suit got as reward from Revenge of the Towels Event) seems to disappear after 1~2 hours (not sure about the time, noticed when left the character AFK). The accessory is still equipped but the normal sprite is displayed.

Edited by Kiehl, 19 January 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#23 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

It would be greatly appreciated if you could test the monster EXP scaling formula and come up with a chart similar to Doddler's. (http://rode-r.doddle...om/viewpage/d/3)

I'm unaware if it has changed at all, but you did mention that it could be changed. I'm unable to log into the game to test for a while, but would like to update my EXP Scaling website.

Drops has no level comparison changes (100% at all level ranges) exp

You 16 levels under and above 40%
15 115%
14 120%
13 125%
12 130%
11 135%
10 140%
9 135%
8 130%
7 125%
6 120%
5 115%
4 110%
3 105%
-1 ~ 2 100%
-2 ~ -5 95%
-6 ~ -11 90%
-12 ~ -16 85%
-17 ~ -21 80%
-22 ~ -25 60%
-26 ~ -30 35%
-31 and beyond 10%

#24 Factotum

Factotum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

Rune Knight crush strike (rhydo rune) doesn't show damage. Also, it doesn't look like a skill or anything at all. Could there be a small animation or icon or anything? I was testing it at bio2 and it basically looks like "poke", "monster dies from a pathetic looking poke". I didn't think it was that bad when people mentioned it on the forums but it really is that bad when I actually tested it. XD

That is not a glitch due to crush strike changing from a skill to a physical attack. Think of it like RG's exceed break. Because it is a physical attck dmg above 32k does not show, also wince its a physical attack it is affected by crit and double attack

#25 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

Newest odd thing:
Lost Dragon from Hazy Maze instance seems to have gotten a change in MVP rewards (especially Old Card Album chance).

First noticed:
When a forum member said that Oda told him/her that.

What i want to know:
Is this a bug? Percent rate of mvp rewards; what it was at, when it got changed and what it's now at.

Not releasing drop rates, the OCA was indeed lowered drop chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users