Tournament of Dragons [Team Edition] - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tournament of Dragons [Team Edition]

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1553 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Official Tournament Rules:
1.Exploitation of game mechanics is grounds for immediate disqualification.
2. No unsportsmanlike conduct. (Swearing will result in disqualification)
3. Game Masters will have the final call of administration of tournament rules.
4. Arguing with a GM's call in game is grounds for immediate disqualification.
5. All matches must be played on the [MAP TBD] map, No Item Mode, in a room designated by the GM.
6.Post once and only once on the official Registration thread: multiple posts by the same player/team is grounds for disqualification.
7. Off-topic posts on the official Registration Thread is grounds for disqualification.
8. The entrant's Team Captain must register for the team, with in-game Nicknames (NOT Account Names) of team and team name in the Registration thread.Duplicate registration will be disqualified! (Characters must be in the level range by the time of the tournament)
9. Each team will consist of 4 members, and 1 alternate(alternate is optional). Each team member must be of a different class, no 2 members may play the same class.
10. The minimum level is 60, and there is no maximum level so be forewarned that entrants will not necessarily be matched by level.
11. Tournament brackets will be seeded on a first-come, first-served basis,with no bias.
12.This is a naked tournament. No Consumables. No Medals. Only gear allowed is level 25 weapon. (Must be Vanilla: no enchantments, no soulcraft options)*Handicap ON
*Any user found using any equipment besides the level 25 weapon, will be disqualified. If you should have this equipment on the character, please remove it from the character prior to the match.
13.NO CHARACTER CHANGES will be allowed once you have entered the tournament room. Please choose your character, job, and equipment in the PvP lobby BEFORE you enter the room. Changing characters and/or entering the "Equip"menu inside the room is grounds for disqualification.
14. Skill Restrictions:**
[Warriors]
Sword Dance, Parry, Revenge, Armor Break,Barricade, Cockroach Life, TimeReverse, ALL 4TH JOB SKILLS EXCEPT PASSIVES.
[Mages]
Slow Heal, Self Heal, Wide Heal, Instant Heal,HP Restore, Barrier, Perfect Seal, ALL 4TH JOB SKILLS EXCEPT PASSIVES.
[Thieves]
Hypnotizer, Mind Reading, ALL 4TH JOB SKILLSEXCEPT PASSIVES.
[Archers]
Hallucination, Silence Trap, ALL 4TH JOB SKILLSEXCEPT PASSIVE
[Summoner/Twin Fighter]
Will not be eligible for the tournament.

**This skill list is tentative and subject to change. If you have any suggestions on other skills that should or should not be on this list please include that in this thread. We reserve the right to change this list at any time.

15. This tournament will be open to Humans only. (Dragonkin will be included in future tournaments)
16. In the event that a fighter disconnects prior to the match beginning, a restart may be declared at the GM's discretion. If a fighter disconnects after the match has begun, no restarts will be allowed.

#2 xGALLARDOx

xGALLARDOx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

6.Post once and only once on the official Registration thread: multiple postsby the same player/team is grounds for disqualification.

You forgot to put down a Space Hastur (;

Edited by xGALLARDOx, 19 January 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#3 JoeyLe

JoeyLe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

Official Tournament Rules:

[/b]15. This tournament will be open to Humans only. (Dragonkin will be included in future tournaments)

Whyyy Hastur T.T

Edited by JoeyLe, 19 January 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#4 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2095 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

As it's naked pvp, how will Destroyer's Burn and 10/10 skills such as shield mastery, dagger etc be handled?

Edited by Miname, 19 January 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

Ro2 Volunteer Class Rep

• WarpPortal VM
  • 4687 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

Whyyy Hastur T.T

edit: linked the wrong discussion trying to find the right one.

As it's naked pvp, how will Destroyer's Burn and 10/10 skills such as shield mastery, dagger etc be handled?

All 4th skills except passives N2 is fine in group. as for the 10/10 skills everyone has a chance at getting them.

Edited by StormHaven, 20 January 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#6 mimodi

mimodi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

why is the minimum level is 60 but no 4th job skills... T.T i want some 4th job skills.

#7 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2914 posts
  • LocationIn Diene's arms<3

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

9. Each team will consist of 4 members, and 1 alternate. Each team member must be of a different class, no 2 members may play the same class.

I'm assuming that this means that we are required to have an alternate (correct me if I'm wrong). In any case, can the alternate be the same class as whoever we are subbing out or does it have to be a completely different class?

#8 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:03 AM

will the alt receive the same rewards as the 4 members even if he never gets to play?

Edited by PamaypaY, 20 January 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#9 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

why is the minimum level is 60 but no 4th job skills... T.T i want some 4th job skills.

Agree... wondering why 4th job skills are not allowed (really want to use time freeze).

#10 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

http://forums.warppo...ons-suggestion/

All 4th skills except passives N2 is fine in group. as for the 10/10 skills everyone has a chance at getting them.

That's stating the reason why she asked the question. N2 will destroy naked mana, and she's addressing it as a concern. And no, level 10 shield mastery is actually not obtainable by all classes, granted you really can't do anything about it, but it's still something that should've been pointed out. Also, level 10 actives like slow heal are banned while level 10 passives like shield mastery are still allowed (again you can't do anything about that), meaning that one class keeps its op passive, and another loses its op active. I can assure you that 50% block >>>>> the 40% PDD that Warlock gets.

Edited by Jumpluffspore, 20 January 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#11 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

oh yesss

#12 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2095 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

That's stating the reason why she asked the question. N2 will destroy naked mana, and she's addressing it as a concern. And no, level 10 shield mastery is actually not obtainable by all classes, granted you really can't do anything about it, but it's still something that should've been pointed out. Also, level 10 actives like slow heal are banned while level 10 passives like shield mastery are still allowed (again you can't do anything about that), meaning that one class keeps its op passive, and another loses its op active. I can assure you that 50% block >>>>> the 40% PDD that Warlock gets.

Yes, anyone who has naked pvp'd a Dragoon with 10/10 shield will be able to tell you that it's quite difficult to land any hits without being severely punished. As someone who might be playing as a dragoon herself, I feel there should be a way to switch off passives such as this.

I could see skills such as 10/10 dagger being balanced by heavy MP usage, though. Mana burn in naked pvp without MP pots is just plain retarded.

Edited by Miname, 20 January 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#13 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2095 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hastur, is the class rule one of each of the four base classes per team, or can there be say, one sorcerer and one invoker on a team.

#14 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1553 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm assuming that this means that we are required to have an alternate (correct me if I'm wrong). In any case, can the alternate be the same class as whoever we are subbing out or does it have to be a completely different class?

Alternate is optional. Alternate must be a different class, there are 8 total end classes, so hopefully shouldn't be too hard to get an alternate.

will the alt receive the same rewards as the 4 members even if he never gets to play?

Alternates were not taken into account when the budget was made. So each team is allotted 4 of the same prize they can choose to separate however they want. I'm even willing to go as far as : (if the team chooses) to exchange the prizes for DS point value, and then split the winnings that way.

#15 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Alternates were not taken into account when the budget was made. So each team is allotted 4 of the same prize they can choose to separate however they want. I'm even willing to go as far as : (if the team chooses) to exchange the prizes for DS point value, and then split the winnings that way.

thanks for clarifying Hastur.

#16 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

So there are 4 physical prizes for the first place team and second place team?
Would it then be possible to simply require the alt to get IM as a prize, unless some of the other players decide they want IM as a prize (In which case the alt would have the option of taking the physical reward that the other player didn't want)?

I don't see how virtual awards should be a budget problem, so I would think that would work.
It also just seems to me like teams are better off without an alt if having one means everyone gets less prizes.

Edit: An alt is just like a substitute, right?

Edited by Maronu, 23 January 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#17 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1553 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

So there are 4 physical prizes for the first place team and second place team?
Would it then be possible to simply require the alt to get IM as a prize, unless some of the other players decide they want IM as a prize (In which case the alt would have the option of taking the physical reward that the other player didn't want)?

Again, Alternates were not included in the budget, so i can't just give away extra IM points to alts.

I don't see how virtual awards should be a budget problem, so I would think that would work.
It also just seems to me like teams are better off without an alt if having one means everyone gets less prizes.

Edit: An alt is just like a substitute, right?

Virtual or not, we were given a budget to work with and given away additional points would put us over budget.

Alternates are optional, if you don't want to split the prize that's up to the captain and team members. The reason for the alternates is to have a substitute in the event that another team member is unable to compete or connect for some reason. Trading out between rounds will also be allowed but not between matches.

#18 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2914 posts
  • LocationIn Diene's arms<3

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Again, Alternates were not included in the budget, so i can't just give away extra IM points to alts.

Virtual or not, we were given a budget to work with and given away additional points would put us over budget.

Alternates are optional, if you don't want to split the prize that's up to the captain and team members. The reason for the alternates is to have a substitute in the event that another team member is unable to compete or connect for some reason. Trading out between rounds will also be allowed but not between matches.

Did you mean trading out between matches and not between rounds?

#19 StormHaven

StormHaven

Ro2 Volunteer Class Rep

• WarpPortal VM
  • 4687 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

post saying hastur would add shadow walk and camo to the banned list...

you said you'd ban dragonkin and you didn't but why didn't you ban these skills after you said you'd add them to the list.

Edited by StormHaven, 04 February 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#20 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1553 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

@Storm...thats not posted anywhere in THIS thread, these rules were put up when before the opening of the sign up thread, and long before the tournament began. I did those so you all were aware of the rules, had there been an issue it should have been brought up here. As it has been in the past.

Dragonkin ban was added, and people noticed, i didn't add those skills to the list and no one complained, to me that seemed like there was not an issue with the rules.

#21 Execrate

Execrate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

GM drops the ball. People get banned. Typical day in Drag Saga.

#22 StormHaven

StormHaven

Ro2 Volunteer Class Rep

• WarpPortal VM
  • 4687 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

10/10 skills were brought up...

#23 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1553 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

^^Gonna put this here.

Also there are many 10/10 skill discussed in the thread, Shield mastery, dagger, and even burn. No mention of the skills you are referring to.

#24 StormHaven

StormHaven

Ro2 Volunteer Class Rep

• WarpPortal VM
  • 4687 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

^^Gonna put this here.

Also there are many 10/10 skill discussed in the thread, Shield mastery, dagger, and even burn. No mention of the skills you are referring to.

well played Hastur. well played. Posted Image

#25 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 956 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

http://gyazo.com/a4e...3041da90ff95953

?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users