Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:44 AM

While alot of the earlier quests suffer these bugs, I've noticed most of the 55-70 are actually pretty accurate in the quest window and don't need any changing. The only offender that I found in that level range was the mummy/bandage collections
Posted Image

The only other "errors" for that level range I saw was missing capitals (most of the quest windows have no capital letters) on the Alligator quest, saying "komodo" instead of "comodo" which is a very slight annoyance.
Posted Image

I've only taken the first quest/group for 71-55 but the text so far has been perfect, there has been only ONE mistake (and it's constant through all of them)
Posted Image

Really, rather than "You got a quest og removing monster from Meidi" it should say "You got a quest to remove monsters from Meidi."

Though I'm in favor of replacing every "remove" that appears in every eden group quest with "defeat"

#27 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

More Eden Group stuff.

Another [26-40] mission quest log jarble (well, they all are... >.> ), but I decided to take this for misnaming the item you needed to collect.
Spoiler

mustache of a mole = Mole Whiskers
nail of a mole = Mole Claw

And this one for misspelling Comodo into komodo:
Spoiler

Regarding the quest you get from Boya at level 40:
Spoiler

Quest window wants you to go talk to Huksha, but...
Spoiler

The NPC is actually named Hooksha.
Might also wanna change the "Parateam" part.

As for the quest Hooksha gave me:
Spoiler

Her dialogue stated to go hunt Orc Babies. Half of the quest window tells me to hunt Orc Warriors while the other half says Orc Babies.

And moving on to the [41-55] missions:
Spoiler

The first thing I noticed is that each quest gives you 2 quests at once. I don't see the point in doing that, as it only clutters up your quest list (especially if you have all the completed quests from lower level missions still sitting there. I only noticed just recently that you can delete them all after talking to the low level boards again at a higher level. Might want an indicator for this somewhere too). If this is actually a way of telling the player to go talk to the board again once you finish the quest, wouldn't it be easier to just say that in the original quest instead of adding another one? I actually had no idea that I had to talk to the board again until I realized the quest didn't tell me which NPC to talk to and I just happened to guess correctly. >.>

Another thing I noticed about the missions on this level (at least the first one, I have yet to test it on the others) is that they have no cooldown time like the previous boards. Dunno if this is intended or whether it's updated to the lower boards as well now, but just thought I'd mention this too.

And if I talk to the [41-55] mission board again while I have an unfinished quest from it:
Spoiler

While "There is nothing special to do." would be more correct here, it might make more sense to just flat out say that I already accepted a quest from this board and I need to go finish that first. Not necessary, but at least take out that extra "things".

On a more positive note, just noticed the wording for killing quest monsters got fixed. Thanks for the fix! :(

Edited by Ruina, 11 September 2010 - 03:18 PM.

#28 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

When entering Eden and then later exiting, it sends you to Prontera. When I was playing cRO, it would teleport you from the town you teleported in from.

I missed this reply earlier but yes, I agree it should be set up similer to the battleground NPC and not a fixed warp back to pront and I hope how it currently is, is a bug.
There are two reasons for this
1) It's a free warp to pront from any city with a eden npc.
2) You have to waste a bwing and save in other cities if your repeatidly doing a quest there (notably the "area clear out" at 71-85, for example if you offer to clear out the clock tower repeatidly you'd rather leave eden and return to aldebaran instead of pront).

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:18 PM

The quests you get from Eden Group don't really reward that much EXP, but perhaps my biggest gripe is that they're essentially organized repeatable quests. All they reward is EXP, you don't get equips until you're in the first level of each bulletin board (12, 26, 40, etc.), and none of the quests reward zeny, which is really needed at the early stages of the game. NPCing drops at low levels is both tedious and annoying. The cheapest gear that can be bought is at least in the 2,000-10,000 range and just getting the first few thousand zeny via low level drops is near maddening. It's kind of sad that it's hard for a newbie to save up just to get a weapon meant for level 12+ in addition to having enough to buy potions since monsters don't drop enough healing items.

#30 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

An issue I'm having with one of the [55-70] missions. For the "Request - A country wants you," I'm told to gather 30 Grit and 10 Fine Sand. I think the board suggested to hunt Sandman to find the drops, but I can't remember for sure since I started this last night and didn't expect the quest to take so long to finish. After more than an hour of killing Sandmen, my drop total is at around 200 Grit, 8-10 Star Dust, and 3 Fine Sand (vended some extras so I don't remember the exact numbers anymore). This may be more of an issue with the drop nerf, although I'd like to see exactly how this works (do you have to be the exact same level as the monster for drops to work 100%? Will drop rates suffer from just a mere 2 level difference? Etc). I'm also a little surprised that I'm getting far more Star Dust than Fine Sand, since I believe Star Dust drop rate was lower... (just by 1.5% though, so this may well be a problem with my horrible luck >.>; ).

Edited by Ruina, 12 September 2010 - 11:30 AM.

#31 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

For the "Request - Ready for waiting summer" quest, the board message tells you to gather 30 Sticky Webfoot from Roda Frogs, while the quest window tells you to hunt the items from Thara Frogs. Considering this is a [55-70] mission, I think they want me to go for the Thara Frog (dunno if I really want to test the drops from a monster 50 levels below me >.>; ).

#32 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

The last [55-70] mission on the board:
Posted Image

dokkaebi horn = Dokebi Horn
wooden block = Trunk

Summary says to "remove" the items while the Objective tells you to go "collect" them.
Objective has 3 wooden block, when you need 30.

I don't even know where "A mallet of goblin" came from. The dialogue on the mission board mentioned a magic wand though.

My other issue with this quest was the level range and drop nerf. Considering this is the last mission on the board, you should be pretty close to level 70, but Greatest Generals are level 55 and normally have a 20% chance to drop Trunks - that's a lot of GGs to kill till you hit 30 Trunks. @@; Dokebis on the other hand are level 68, so gathering the horns went by much quicker. Even though these two monsters can be found on the same map, not a single Trunk dropped for me before I finished gathering 30 horns. I ended up going to Amatsu and killed Karakasa. :/

All of the [55-70] missions quest window had some funny wording which could be rewritten. "A request from a place taking request" seemed to be reused in every quest window. The mission board for this level range actually had names of characters who posted the requests, so while it might be tedious, changing each "A request from a place taking request" to "A request from [character name]" would make more sense and would feel much less awkward. OR. Change it to "A request from the mission board" so players would know to go back to the boards for turning in, which may make the most sense.

Edited by Ruina, 13 September 2010 - 11:23 AM.

#33 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:30 PM

Posted Image

The last board says "request [71-85]" when all of the previous boards had "Mission [xx - yy]"

#34 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Did anyone else's Eden weapon disappear with the recent patch? o____O

#35 Ruina

Ruina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:54 PM

Did anyone else's Eden weapon disappear with the recent patch? o____O

Yeah, mine did too. Just my Eden Staff III. Lower level weps and all other gears are still there. :(

So I went through the [71-85] missions, (except one portion of the last one, which requires me to go to Moscovia dungeon, and the tides won't let me finish the entrance quest atm), and overall:

Posted Image

This one example basically sums it up.
Still got NPC names misspelled, locations misspelled, and monster names misspelled to the point that some of them were kinda cute (slippers... haha).
NPC script could use minor polishing as well.
This is from after today's patch, so I'm hoping you guys just haven't gotten around to fixing this part yet.

More fun monster names I came across:
Posted Image

I also found that particluar quest a little difficult, since the dungeon level for Glast Heim now ranges from 70-130, and a couple of the monsters (mainly Dark Frames) were on maps mixed together with some high level monsters. Challenging, but not impossible.

And my favorite:
Posted Image

Apparantely, an Uzhas is now a Woojass.

#36 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

Too lazy to screenie but,

The training course 'conquer an undersea city! - start

Summary:
You attend a traning for novice paradise team. The destination is the lowermost city of an undersea cave in Baiaran island. you can go there by taking a boat in Izrude harbor.

Objective:
Conversation with Callandiba who is a member of paradise team

Bolded errors that I can see.

Please fix this translation >>

Edit: After getting to the second section of the quest I can see even more Engrish. I think it's safe to say all of the Eden quests are in Engrish?

Edited by Chaiso, 13 September 2010 - 09:39 PM.

#37 Lorderagon

Lorderagon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

Here's the desert wolf you are looking for
http://i54.tinypic.com/5mba89.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users