CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

cross server woe with no god items/mvp cards once a week, then the other time single server woe.

while a fun idea, I'm thinking it's about #9 in the book of 1000 things-easier-said-than-done.

Shouldn't be too hard right? People register, you make accounts and items for them and tell them login infos for it to log onto Sakray. It can't be that bad.

#103 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Masterkishin... you mean bots? LOL joke :p_laugh:

either way thats a nice whiteglint avatar you have :p_angel:

btw i almost forgot, what does crossover woe mean?

#104 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Do you think this is appropriate to be saying?

Cross server WoE we've brought up many times and each time we're told its not really feasible. If we could do cross server WoE we would just do cross server WoE but its a very DBA intensive to attempt such things with our current resources and Sakray is no where near on par with the "real" servers.

Am I the only one who can see this post?

#105 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

Am I the only one who can see this post?

what post?

#106 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

i still think it would be a fun idea to do every once in a while like once a month well worth the effort

#107 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

LOL at anyone thinking RO is a balanced game. The improvements that came with the balance patch really don't outweigh the glaring failures of the balance patch. I don't feel like writing a book on all the things I see wrong with this game, so I will just give a few key topics.

-Pay2win
-Break game/sell fixes
-Boring end game content
-One sided competition with classes (sura/gen> all)
-Balancing skills that never needed balancing

I quit RO some time ago. Just so often I might peek at the forums. This game is on a fast track to dying anyway, might as well merge and have some kicks on the way out.

P.S.- Merge two servers and make the remaining server a free server with PVP enabled on all maps. That would breath some new life and interest into things.

#108 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

No!!! keep the servers how they are. log in right after maintance there aren't many merchants out yet and the server is at 200 players...this is considering i log in at 5am PST. You must not have been around for other server mergers....not again...ive been around since chaos server.

#109 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Regarding god items and new server, borrowing an idea from another game would work pretty well. God items drop directly from castle treasure chests, but only have a lifespan long enough to last until the end of the next woe. probably 7x24 hours in RO's case.

The other game had them bind on pickup, which doesnt really work for RO although you could make god item boxes that bind on opening. Could then make a unboxed meg last 72 hours or something.

It'd make the current god item quests redundant (since permanent god items would be removed, cept for maybe offical pvp tourneys) but it would keep the woe/pvp/mvp scene fresh. Even new guilds could then use god items on occasion if they have decent attendance.

(im 100% against merger. in reality merging ygg into either server would result in losing 90% of the ygg players since about that many moved to get away from ymir/valk)

Edited by Hrothmund, 01 February 2012 - 12:09 AM.

#110 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

I'm all for people transferring into Ygg from Valk or Ymir, but please... don't let the merge happen. Even though our WoE numbers suck right now, our WoE activity has increased from it being just 2-3 guilds really participating, in WoE, last June. Like others said, we don't have as much as experience as the players on Ymir or Valk who have played for years on end, while most of the guilds here are quite new.

#111 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

People here can't handle change.

Some can some can't..... Maybe they quit because they didn't like the changes or the main issues aren't being fixed.

Cross server WoE would be great!

but I'm just thinking over the implications of a merge of ygg and Ymir and it's pretty crappy.

After Loki, Chaos and Iris merged, they had barely the population of Chaos alone a few months later.

Assuming a merge takes Ymir+Ygg to around 1.2k players after ragequitting has taken place (and/or people moving to valk)

Then that is Sakray's (farmed god items) + Iris (farmed God items) + Loki (competed god items) + Chaos (Competed god items) + Ymir (farmed God items)
+ Ygg (Farmed components) = Obviously a god item break would be absolutely vital.
(quite a few people will quit here)

But the number of sets will be RETARDED and the seals will roll 3x a day like they did on Ymir.

Now for MVP cards.

6 Servers worth of MVP cards.

I knew guilds on CHAOS alone that had 8+ GTBs active per guild. Ymir was Worse.

There are guilds on Ymir that can kit every single player in God items. (over 70+ items per guild)

Now, I wear God items from Top to Toe, I own MVP cards. Why would I consider this a problem? It's not about holding my place, I don't WoE anymore. What it's truely about here is the fact that God items lost their rarity due to intense farming. The Ratio of God items : Players would be SO high on this server, that no new player would ever truly feel that they had a chance.

And yet some of those god items took months / years to make, and some of us won't WOE because of the retarded amount of unpunished macroing, client editting and RMT (Oh if you want to hear it all again CMs, I am willing to spam you). So once those hard earned group items are gone, for those who created them with competition in a fair manner, they're gone forever. Cause not every God item was churned out of a God Item factory.

All in all, it'd be a miserable as hell server. I've no doubt that a lot of the people who started on Ygg to escape that bs would HATE it.

This is Why I refuse to WoE personally, why would I want to take on a large guild decked out in god items, when the guild I WoE for has none...

#112 bigstuff17

bigstuff17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

cross server mini-USRC. i'd tangle in that.

#113 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

It is too late for that on Ymir.
Any new servers and possibly ygg would benefit from such a system. But Ymir has so much time invested into it that those players will quit instantly.

Account binding god items and allowing rentals to be the item that guildmembers use, etc, would make a large difference, many god items change hands illegally or are inherited and end up in the same place. In the case of a new server from the word go, god items should be limited, acc bound with a lending system and/or possibly have an expiry date too. God items should be limited in the amount of time they can be created and remain a highly saught after item.

Not something everyone can inherit.

But yeah. Too late for Ymir. Can't speak for Valk, but something could surely save Ygg.

I'm not sure about that, back when the 3 servers merged and godlikes got broken into pieces was the perfect time to have this changed for sure, but it's up to Ymir people to decide if they want to let something go to get more population.

We are talking about a 600 pop server having 8 years worth of god items, the ratio is ridiculous. Why not change the system to have a god item cap based on the number of players, that way even if there are hudreds of sets only a set number can be made per month with an expiry date of 1 or 2 years. This way guilds will have to compete always to keep their god items and likely it will not allow them to have lots of each as they expire.

Of course kRO isn't even thinking of it because they still have the numbers to make the ratio tolerable but it will give them trouble too sooner or later. A system that was originally designed with no item or server enhancing rates and server populations in the order of thousands years ago, well time has passed and the picture isn't the same anymore.

#114 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm not sure about that, back when the 3 servers merged and godlikes got broken into pieces was the perfect time to have this changed for sure, but it's up to Ymir people to decide if they want to let something go to get more population.

We are talking about a 600 pop server having 8 years worth of god items, the ratio is ridiculous. Why not change the system to have a god item cap based on the number of players, that way even if there are hudreds of sets only a set number can be made per month with an expiry date of 1 or 2 years. This way guilds will have to compete always to keep their god items and likely it will not allow them to have lots of each as they expire.

Of course kRO isn't even thinking of it because they still have the numbers to make the ratio tolerable but it will give them trouble too sooner or later. A system that was originally designed with no item or server enhancing rates and server populations in the order of thousands years ago, well time has passed and the picture isn't the same anymore.

Ymir lost ~50% of the people it should have had.

And interest in WoE is dropping like a stone, it'll kill the veteran dominated server. Merging will not fix the issues with this game.

The GMs not being silly and admitting issues then implimenting things that do the complete opposite of fixing that problem would help! Such as:

Heim : Items need to break, the database is clogged, RO has no decay system, this is a problem - etc
Next maint : ENRICHED HAMMER! UPGRADE CERTS.

Fixing these issues would increase population. Merge will not.

#115 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

What would be great is if there was another enriched hammer event, but instead of being unbreakable it secretly increases the rate of breaking and have the forums "accidentally" go down so word can't spread fast enough.

#116 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:Old Loki

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

Masterkishin... you mean bots? LOL joke :dunno:

either way thats a nice whiteglint avatar you have :)

btw i almost forgot, what does crossover woe mean?

No I dont mean bots, I just don't like Valk people. Same with old Sakray players.

#117 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

What would be great is if there was another enriched hammer event, but instead of being unbreakable it secretly increases the rate of breaking and have the forums "accidentally" go down so word can't spread fast enough.

No, they would just crash the Facebook page and the support tool :)

#118 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

No I dont mean bots, I just don't like Valk people. Same with old Sakray players.

Attributing a set of characteristics to a specific group of people is the same thing as being sexist or racist. You just judge people you don't even know, and give yourself this fake sense of superiority. You didn't do anything to be superior, you just invented conditions.

People like you should be the ones who have to live everyday with hate and intolerance.

#119 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

The GMs not being silly and admitting issues then implimenting things that do the complete opposite of fixing that problem would help! Such as:

Heim : Items need to break, the database is clogged, RO has no decay system, this is a problem - etc
Next maint : ENRICHED HAMMER! UPGRADE CERTS.

Fixing these issues would increase population. Merge will not.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT AGREE. NOTHING has ANY kind of value anymore. Eventually it's going to get to the point where you just leave equipment on the ground (cause half of it isn't worth anything at the NPC anyway) and pick up the etc stuff to sell to NPC because the gears will be worth less than their weight in etc. loots. As it is, it's really not worth hunting anything these days, and it's why I play now for WoE, (and maybe mora quests IF HAZY STAYS UP FOR MORE THAN A DAY) and nothing else. It certainly doesn't encourage me to spend real money on a game I play only for 4 hours a week.

Attributing a set of characteristics to a specific group of people is the same thing as being sexist or racist. You just judge people you don't even know, and give yourself this fake sense of superiority. You didn't do anything to be superior, you just invented conditions.

People like you should be the ones who have to live everyday with hate and intolerance.

+1 to this.

Edited by Kuropi, 01 February 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#120 MasterKnshn

MasterKnshn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:Old Loki

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

Yep disliking a certain breed of whiny, elitist bastards, who the only thing they have done for this game is contribute to the Kafra Shop Pay2Win society, when I've spent several years playing this game paying for premium access I do believe I get a say. I like my gated community, kthnx. BTW im a total racist/sexist manpig.

#121 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Get back on topic and leave the divider comments out please.

#122 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

So when are they renaming the servers back to Chaos(bot spam - Valk) Loki (think their all pro - Ymir) and Iris (nobody really plays just bot- Yggdrasil)

#123 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Yep disliking a certain breed of whiny, elitist bastards, who the only thing they have done for this game is contribute to the Kafra Shop Pay2Win society, when I've spent several years playing this game paying for premium access I do believe I get a say. I like my gated community, kthnx. BTW im a total racist/sexist manpig.

YOU are calling people whiny bastards? Where's the line anymore, I don't even know.

#124 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I think people have said their peace with this thread, I really do. There are strong arguments for and against, personally I like the servers staying where they are. The thread has gone so far off the rails that it may as well be the Galaxy Express 999, so while the discussion has been spirited-it's run it's course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users