• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Just some suggestions i thought of i dont know how easy/difficult/impossible they might be
to i mplement but thought id throw them out there for the devs to consider and the
community to discuss. ill add more as i think of them and go into more detail for the ones
i have as time becomes more available to me.

hope you likey enjoy

suggestion 1

multiserver training ground, allow both leonis and draconis players to warp to the same
training ground.
disallow dropping items, trades to stop transfers of money and or items between servers.

suggestion 2

weekly event quest
a quest that can be done once a week per server. started in the towns a different quest per
town.

gather x amount of etc items (probably something like the ancient coins)
x amount of consumables (probably some kind of potion or food type)
x amounts of weapons (this can change week to week)
to prepare for a flooding of monsters plagued with devil pest

starts an attack on x town

mobs come in large waves attacking the town for 30 mins
if they make it to an npc they steal the npc and players must hunt that type of mob to
regain the npc back. eg an aqua gets to crune and attacks him once it makes crune
disappear, even if you kill the mob that hit him it wont return him, players have to go out
and hunt aqua monsters to find him and have him return to the town.

the player that kills the mob that returns the npc is rewarded with a gem from the npc.

this could be say a grade 2 gem if the npc was from junon a grade 3 gem if it was from luna
grade 4 from xita etc etc

quest cannot be started again for 1 week.
quest cannot be started if there is a single npc missing from the town.

if no npcs were taken during the attack the player that started the quest gains [insert reward here]

suggestion 3

level 200-215 dual server union wars.
sign up for the union war, once x number of combatants have signed up over both servers the
wars will be announced for more people to sign up and start up 5 mins later

suggestion 4

more instance type runs without time limits, better drops but restricted mob spawns, make
the bosses alot harder to compensate for unlimited time.
so for example have packs of monsters roaming through the instance once they die they do
not respawn until the instance is restarted.

make the bosses hit harder or move more or give them an aoe that you have to run out of or
an attack that you have to run from dont just give them more hp.

#2 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

suggestion 5

unique or item mall artisan skill
craft patches (hell rename it imo)
crafts a consumable patch that can be applied to equiptment that gives it a bonus sub stat.
you can do it so that either the stat applied is random when applied to the equitpment, so players can have them crafted for them and try their luck themselves.

or you can have it so the stats to be applied are shown on the patches themselves so players can see what stats will be applied before using the item or buying it from the crafter.

Suggestion 6

Summer event, add a quest that rewards two rare skills.
-paddle left
-paddle right
no cooldown on the skills, must have surfboard and swimwear equipped.

go to the beach event map then speak to an npc that is hosting a competition.
the npc will inform you he/she is holding a competition to find rose's greatest surfer and asks if you want to participate (must have surfboard and swimwear equipped and must have completed aforementioned quest)
your character will then run to the water and lay/kneel on the surfboard and the player must use the two skills in succession to get as far out as possible in say 30 seconds once the 30 seconds is up the character will then stand on the surfboard and a small wave will appear behind the player pushing them back to the beach.

have the npc record the top 3 distances and have it shown how far behind/infront of the leader board you are. you can put a restriction on how many times you can take part in the contest or have it restricted to 1 attempt every x number of hours to reduce the number of people trying to compete at the same time.

top 3 contestants for the week can receive a reward at the end of the contest.

just a suggestion for something other than the usual events rehashed

suggestion 7 (credit to paldube)

item mall or paid character transfer between servers. there would have to be restriction on it to prevent messing with the economy, probably something like character can only be transfered with equiptment that is equipped ie nothing in the eq tab no consumables and no etc items and a limited amount of money in possesion for example

EDIT: added suggestion 6 and 7

Edited by DarkGero, 12 September 2010 - 06:46 AM.

#3 Bobbylin

Bobbylin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationIn your moms pantyhose.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

I like suggestions 2 & 4.

#4 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Number 3 sounds good :o. Leonis vs Draconis

#5 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

Number 2 sounds funny

#6 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Server:leonis

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:57 AM

1 and 3 sounds good . . .2? loled. . many player would rage :o

#7 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:02 AM

with number two you can make it that the guards standing at the gates help attack the monsters as well that gives them a purpose other than a cosmetic safety precaution make them actually do something, also this means that they wouldn't be able to be taken hostage, you can even have seperate difficulties for the towns.

easy mode monsters trudge up from anima lake to attack the town by trying to go through the front gate.
medium mode monsters trudge up from anima lake to attack the town through the front gate whilst some of the water based monsters (aquas, krawfies etc etc) attack via the harbour.
hard mode monsters come through the front gate harbour and after 10 mins hornets and bees come flying over the wall.

have the quest reset during every maint, provided the npcs have all been found and returned, make it so that the quest can be started in the main cities of each world leaving zant as a fall back for people who want to refine should crune be kidnapped, or a place to buy skills should the mayor be kidnapped, this way it doesn't stop gameplay but creates a drawback for the server to not participate.

#8 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:10 AM

1 and 3 sounds good . . .2? loled. . many player would rage :o

the flip side to two is that it could repopulate areas of the planets that are otherwise dead, in either a you can make the etc mats required come from a certain map people arent usually farming on, and if an npc gets kidnapped you would have to go and kill say stone golems to have them returned.

one of the biggest reasons im all for having events like these is im finding quite a few higher level people getting quite bored with playing the game and just logging on to socialize things like these might make them want to play more and be more attentive to whats going on in game.

as for the people that might have shops set up in town while all this is going on say afk or sleeping or whatever, you could have each mob programed to walk towards a certain npc only. then you can have other mobs that will walk to a certain npc but attack any player that attacks them similar to the way that the mobs work once they turn grey.

and lastly so that its not too easy for mages/champs anyone with strong aoe to dodgy the quest up give them a stronger immunity to aoe attacks so that they can still be aoed but it does not give these classes a specific advantage

#9 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

I like suggestions 2 & 4.

with number 4 i tried out cave of ulverick when it came out absolutely loved it, if anything i just wasnt a fan of the time limits placed on it, but i understand it the drops in there are insane throw a double drop medal on and you can net yourself quite a bit specially with a bourg in there doing the killing.

then i stumbled across the instance in the ruins i understood the whole quest to open the door that was fine, i get in there and its a maze awesome (really not a fan of the whole time limit thing) its like saying hey bring your mspeed gear and your fighting gear and have fun, the lack of monsters leading up to the boss was pretty disapointing, the boss fair enough you attack him he spawns some other bosses thats kinda kool the drops are ok and then your warped out.

hell rather than a time limit how about we throw some hard hitting mobs in these corridors that you cant just drvie/run past have them chase you forever even, imagine that a spear champ with 1800+ mspeed runs through all the maze gets to the boss and thinks awesome piece of piss starts laying into the boss and all of a sudden he/she gets swarmed by all the mobs they tried to pass.

#10 Bllackberry

Bllackberry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:27 AM

2 -> a lot of dead shops and angry vendors :o
3 -> might be good since drac doesnt have uw going at all hahaha

Edited by Bllackberry, 10 September 2010 - 04:27 AM.

#11 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

the flip side to two is that it could repopulate areas of the planets that are otherwise dead, in either a you can make the etc mats required come from a certain map people arent usually farming on, and if an npc gets kidnapped you would have to go and kill say stone golems to have them returned.

one of the biggest reasons im all for having events like these is im finding quite a few higher level people getting quite bored with playing the game and just logging on to socialize things like these might make them want to play more and be more attentive to whats going on in game.

as for the people that might have shops set up in town while all this is going on say afk or sleeping or whatever, you could have each mob programed to walk towards a certain npc only. then you can have other mobs that will walk to a certain npc but attack any player that attacks them similar to the way that the mobs work once they turn grey.

and lastly so that its not too easy for mages/champs anyone with strong aoe to dodgy the quest up give them a stronger immunity to aoe attacks so that they can still be aoed but it does not give these classes a specific advantage

yea i got your point . . .and seems cool though . .but it sounds like pretty buggy if they implement this . ..i dunno i just feel like that . ..anyways its kinda fun to do that and still the devs choice if they gonna implement this or not but atleast you throw some suggestions that makes the devs team to think more idea :o. ..

#12 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:14 AM

2 -> a lot of dead shops and angry vendors :)
3 -> might be good since drac doesnt have uw going at all hahaha

2 there is a suggestion in a following post as to how it could not affect shops but point taken

3 thats kinda the reason i suggested it

yea i got your point . . .and seems cool though . .but it sounds like pretty buggy if they implement this . ..i dunno i just feel like that . ..anyways its kinda fun to do that and still the devs choice if they gonna implement this or not but atleast you throw some suggestions that makes the devs team to think more idea :o. ..

true they'd need to implement it right and test it all that kinda stuff but any feedback on the basis of the idea?

on another note they could implement them one world at a time so say start with luna/xita as those are usually less populated places firstand make the last siege on junon or vice versa

i do hope i eventually get some feedback from a dev or mod even if its just a response to say nope its rubbish or its too hard to implement or even a hey great idea well see what we can do.

#13 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:28 AM

true they'd need to implement it right and test it all that kinda stuff but any feedback on the basis of the idea?

on another note they could implement them one world at a time so say start with luna/xita as those are usually less populated places firstand make the last siege on junon or vice versa

i do hope i eventually get some feedback from a dev or mod even if its just a response to say nope its rubbish or its too hard to implement or even a hey great idea well see what we can do.

well i wish you goodluck :) . . .and its better to have any reponse from them than being ignored thats kinda upseting. .. but im sure they are doing their best to look and listens to all suggestions implying here :o

keep it up! :)

#14 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:22 AM

+1 to
LEONIS VS DRACONIS

#15 KalliKatz

KalliKatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIn his underground Milk Caverns

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

instead of Leonis vs Draconis make it so the servers combine and make the char limit 10 so we all have our chars plz i HATE the population of Draconis and the population of Leonis is AWESOME but i dont want to grind and lvl my noobs again :(

#16 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

instead of Leonis vs Draconis make it so the servers combine and make the char limit 10 so we all have our chars plz i HATE the population of Draconis and the population of Leonis is AWESOME but i dont want to grind and lvl my noobs again :(

that was the intention tho it could still be leonis vs draconis if say the people that sign up as arumics are leonis and the people that sign up as knights are from drac but meh

#17 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:10 AM

i want to go Draconis server with my char xD

Edited by paLDube, 12 September 2010 - 02:10 AM.

#18 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:44 AM

i want to go Draconis server with my char xD

a character transfer would be handy even if it was paid for or via the item mall, ill add it to the list and give you credit there would have to be restrictions on it tho. probably something like character can only be transfered with equiptment that is equipped ie nothing in the eq tab no consumables and no etc items and a limited amount of money in possesion

#19 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

a character transfer would be handy even if it was paid for or via the item mall, ill add it to the list and give you credit there would have to be restrictions on it tho. probably something like character can only be transfered with equiptment that is equipped ie nothing in the eq tab no consumables and no etc items and a limited amount of money in possesion

This idea I dislike; alot:

Chars on Leonis - manny of them; are all +15 eq - On Draconis very few have all +15 ; I would say if any, but there are few. (one that I know of anyway)

switching your char from Draconis to Leonis isn't such a bad idea; but being able to switch back should not be aloud.

However I like the idea of Union Wars being on both servers -

#20 DayNine

DayNine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

suggestion 1
Spoiler

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun if its possible. Would definitely bring life back to the TG.

suggestion 4
Spoiler

This would be AMAZING I've always longed for ROSE to implement more end game content such as raids.

Suggestion 6
Spoiler

Haha that could be awesome, who can spam F1 and F2 fastest? <_<

suggestion 7 (credit to paldube)
Spoiler

Sounds like a useful feature for those people who messed up and clicked Draconis <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users