#1 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:43 PM

It's ok to have Line of Sight on casters.
But if the object is very low to the ground, that is BS.

Example exists in FoC.
Posted Image
As you can see, the little stone blocks a caster; even though, the face level of each character is visible.

Enjoy my stick figures!!!

Dear GM, go to FoC map and stand in the same spot and try to cast a heal or attack spell and watch you get a ling of sight message.
And there are many places this appears in on Requiem overworld and dungeon maps.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:41 AM

I agree, the line of sight should be reviewed. Also, if it was fixed (and only if it was fixed) they could make it that if the a character go out of the line of sight, the attacker lose the target over that character: this could give it more strategy to the game.

#3 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:54 AM

It's possible to jump and use a skill on the target from that position though ^-^

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

Yes, with instant cast bolts isnt hard, but is hardder to do when you are using heals, posible but hardder.

As i said, it could be nice if characters outside the line of sight, lose the target over them. And also, the character name and server should go down if the character sits: this way one can hide and wait to catch an enemy.

#5 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:09 AM

Yes, with instant cast bolts isnt hard, but is hardder to do when you are using heals, posible but hardder.

As i said, it could be nice if characters outside the line of sight, lose the target over them. And also, the character name and server should go down if the character sits: this way one can hide and wait to catch an enemy.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea!

You've always been the content developer requiem never had :o

#6 Incognito

Incognito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:27 AM

Don't give them any wrong ideas. Or soon we will see another - "omg stop shooting through rocks you haxor!" like the old one "omg stop shooting through walls you haxor!"

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

An idea related to this:

When try to cast an instant cast skill and the target is out of sight, the msg jump very fast, but when the skill have a casting time, it start with the animation and the msg jump in the middle of it and the caster must start again. Why dont give the msg at the beggining, it would be quite better, over all for healers.

#8 CarpD

CarpD

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1109 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

It gets better.
Try casting on a moving target that walks behind an object right before you about to finishing casting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users