#1 Lanka

Lanka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationUnder the rock
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Believe I've said this few times on the old forums.
(Probably in every other suggestion that had anything to do with armors)

Loosen the armor restrictions;

Cloth:
instead of having 4 sets of armors with 2 base stats and 4 classes restrictions have 4 sets of armors with 4 base stats and restricted only by 'mage' classes as follows:

Set #1: base stat Int
Set #2: base stat Mnd
Set #3: base stat Con
Set #4: base stat Short Range Damage

Leather:
instead of having 2 sets with 2 base stats yaadiyaadiyaa have 2 sets with 2 base stats and restricted by rogue/hunter classes:

Set #1: base stat Str
Set #2: base stat Dex

Chain&Plate:
instead of having 2'ish sets with 2ish base stats and 4 classes restriction have 2 sets of armors with 2 base stats and restricted only by warrior/defender classes:

Plate set: base stat Con
Chain set: base stat Str

Only new models required are Chain sets for Defender branch and Plate sets for Warrior branch. All other classes can use existing models&textures. By this design all the armors that currently give elemental damage should give magic damage instead.

This would fix issues with things like Druids not having armor they get any benefit from. Or Tempests having option for damage set in form of Int set. Or Shadow Runners stuck with melee damage based Str sets. Or Commanders who wish to go for all out damage can do so with Str based chain armor.

Most importantly it'll give players option to build their character in the way they wish. Defiler with Con armor? Sure, go pick it up. Want to level as melee Rad? Got Con&melee damage sets to choose from.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:25 PM

It would fix all the armor issues!

Currently Druids barely have any real armors.

Dominators and Defilers are stuck with MND armors.

Tempests are often stuck with MND armors.

>.<

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

Only a few adds:

Maybe all gloves should give attack speed and casting speed, that way all builds could be benefit from it. Melees wouldnt get lots of benefits with this, because most of their attacks dont have casting time, but at least could get benefit to buff faster. Ranged classes could have some benefit, over all the Hunter branches, that have lots of attack skills they dont use. And the Mages could have a benefit, over all Druids and Radiants that grind alone.

I have my doubts about give mages a Con set: if it is because of Druids, then they could change Holy Bliss to the 1st job and make it a lvl 40 skill, after all the similar skill for Shamans, is lvl 30. Think about it, they could use a Str set (or short range dmg) and have the hp at the same time. Shamans and Elems alredy have a huge hp, if it was higher it would be too much and probably would be as much as a tank have (and in some cases they alredy have that much). Templars dont really need it, and Defilers need more a working way of heal than a Con set.

#4 Lanka

Lanka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationUnder the rock

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:59 AM

Only a few adds:

Maybe all gloves should give attack speed and casting speed, that way all builds could be benefit from it. Melees wouldnt get lots of benefits with this, because most of their attacks dont have casting time, but at least could get benefit to buff faster. Ranged classes could have some benefit, over all the Hunter branches, that have lots of attack skills they dont use. And the Mages could have a benefit, over all Druids and Radiants that grind alone.

I have my doubts about give mages a Con set: if it is because of Druids, then they could change Holy Bliss to the 1st job and make it a lvl 40 skill, after all the similar skill for Shamans, is lvl 30. Think about it, they could use a Str set (or short range dmg) and have the hp at the same time. Shamans and Elems alredy have a huge hp, if it was higher it would be too much and probably would be as much as a tank have (and in some cases they alredy have that much). Templars dont really need it, and Defilers need more a working way of heal than a Con set.

Sure they could replace the Con set with say.. MP recov set. I believe Defilers are constantly running low on MP since they they don't have selfbuff for it. Also some Rads go after ANY MP recov buff items they can get.

By base stat I mean armors would have set of stats like they do now and reinforcing would raise bunch of them, but base stat would get 2~3x bigger bonus for each step.

The melee damage set should probably be HP instead of MP anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users