Safe Upgrade Certs & Safe Upgrade Suggestion - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Safe Upgrade Certs & Safe Upgrade Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

Let's face it, Safe Upgrade hurts the market.
But let's face it, too, that everyone was glad about the possibility to safe upgrade the Heroic Backpack.

So, what to do?
Putting in the Safe Certs periodly or permanently? It both is the same in the long run: Noone goes and upgrades an item normally anymore, since you can store up the Certs on a later time again.
Which means that, in the long run, equipment is heavily loosing it's value.

Now, we all know that.
But I want to make a suggestion how both sides are pleased - making the Safe Certs valuable and usefull, maybe even a permanent Cash Shop Item, and on the same time giving equipment a great value AND giving a chance to upgrade higher then +14.

Let's take a look back to the Lunar New Year Event.
This was the first time, an item hit +20 on iRO (I guess). The system of using a Copper Dragon to upgrade your Silver Dragon safely and with no fear of breaking or downgrading was a neat idea - and I think it would be a shame if it's not continued.

So I think of a new Upgrade NPC.
A NPC that do safe upgrades with no fear of breaking or downgrading, maybe slightly higher rates at +15 and higher, but still low enough to keep it something special.
Instead of Ores though, the NPC uses Equipment.

There are 2 ways you can use Equipment to upgrade another one.

The first way would have slightly increased Rates.
Here, you upgrade the equipment (that you have equipped!) with one of the same kind in your inventory.
For example, to upgrade your +10 Valk Manteau to +11, you need another Valk Manteau.

The second way is an idea to make low level equipment valuable again.
Make a NPC that changes equipment into upgrade Tokens.
Give him sl Sandals and he'll give you 1 Shoe Token.
Give him sl Shoes and he'll give you 2 Shoe Token.
Give him Vidar Shoes and he'll give you 20 Shoe Token, and so on.
Then for, your choice, 50 or 100 of these tokens, you can upgrade your equipment totally safe - with no fear of breaking or downgrading.
Every slot has it's own Token of course, meaning Headgear, Armor, Shoes, Garment, Weapon and Shield. Or you put it together like the certs, Headgears, Armor (Armor, Shoes, Garment) and Weapons (Weapons and Shield).

This way you can leave the Certs ingame, since they're only worthy to +7.
This way Equipment gets a boost on Value again, especially the worthy Equipment since it provides better chances.
This way, "Low Level Crap" you'll find during leveling up, also has a purpose again (Be carefull to only add equipment that's not buyable though!).
This way, Equipment finally can be upgraded till +20, you just need enough effort - or zeny.

Please let me know what you think about it. I'm sure this system isn't completly free of mistakes, but I really see a chance here to solve these problems all at once.

#2 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSlagelse, Denmark
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

i like this idea, initially it seams as something id kick your but for suggesting but its actually good...

that said... i think the tokens should depend on the weapon level...

level 1 5 tokens
level 2 15 tokens
level 3 45 token
level 4 135 tokens

all armor 90 tokens

BUT: I would say that ONLY Mechanics should be able to use the tokens to upgrade items... i would NOT make an npc.

Edited by Zelanard, 29 February 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#3 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

The Weapon Level could be fine, but you can't make all Armor's having the same worth, that's insane...
This would give sl Sandals the same worth as Dia Gears, even though they drop at a much higher rate and are far more easily to get, not to mention they're not a MvP Loot from a MvP that's not aviable in the summoner...

And sure, the Tokens are soley for Upgrade usage. The thought behind this is to give low level equipment at least a bit of worth (It's not much, but it can be saved up for upgrading something, so it's not "junk" that don't even get looted) and it gives low level players also a chance to farm for their upgrades, even though they will take a lot longer then a High Level Player who can farm higher gear.

#4 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

i would give the armor the same value because as it is now, all armor have the same value...
But adding an armor level i sure wouldnt mind... they just dont have a level as it is...

#5 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

Sorry, but where does every armor has the same value...?
Not even the NPC's give every armor the same value, that's nonsense...
There are extreme differences between the values...

#6 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

The price to upgrade the armor is the same

#7 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

yeah, but who cares about the upgrade price, that isn't important. This can stay the same for every upgrade.
But the value of the equipment itself is different, so of course you can't make a sl sandals as valuable as a dia robe or something!
That's why I added the tokens, so it's in balance. Trading an Armor for a Token is like selling it to another player - so of course, something more valuable and rare has to be more expensive.

#8 ZeroGrav007

ZeroGrav007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

i actually like this idea. maybe it would give those who are frustrated with the market and people hoarding zeny a chance to be able to upgrade thier valuable(or not) equipment so they wont rage quit the game

#9 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

i was talking about how many tokens it takes to upgrade it...

#10 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

lol, ok, then we talked at cross purposes, my bad XD

#11 Zelanard

Zelanard